PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

razor
31/10/2012, 2:56 PM
pay no attention to Cliffords remark about the one ancient blow in in goal. Mick Devine is a super keeper. A real pro who is worth at least 10 points to them a season. His experience is invaluable and his ability to slow the play and take the pressure of his defenders is second to none.I was only thinking the very same last Sunday, while Mick didn't have a whole lot of saves to make he was constantly vocal, encouraging the team forward all the time. A super keeper indeed, wold still have him at City, fantastic player.

Although he was a bit slow down when my small fella buried one past him after the full time whistle went.

1fortheTeam
31/10/2012, 3:01 PM
seriously, you've done enough damage on the Aul forum no need to start it in here now!buddy i dont do that ok im just here for football i always posted well others come in and bring up rubbish dont spoil this now ok .just check my posts .wilton doing very well of the teams gone over but other 2 still finding their feet.pacman iv no intrest in you ok .and take off the booboys hat :rolleyes:.you tell me why i cant say what i said in the post middleton are a fine club.

Clifford
31/10/2012, 3:07 PM
Welcome officially to the forum Mary from the sidelines. Id just like to point out that not all posts on behalf of Leeside seem to come from the club itself or even from representatives of the club. I can put my hand up and say 100% I'm from Leeside but am relatively new to the club having only taken over the senior side at the beginning of this season so I cant be held accountable for any previous transgressions that I don't know about.

Just as Clifford has pointed out for Fermoy and premier league status we at Leeside are slowly getting used to the demands of senior football and all that it entails. We've been fortunate in our cup draws and have had one or two results this season that have turned a few heads but there's still a long way to go and the team has had to learn quickly from the mistakes that were made at the start of the season. We are lucky that unlike the premier and Division 1 there is no relegation. We played Fermoy in preseason and I thought we didn't embarrass ourselves but pay no attention to Cliffords remark about the one ancient blow in in goal. Mick Devine is a super keeper. A real pro who is worth at least 10 points to them a season. His experience is invaluable and his ability to slow the play and take the pressure of his defenders is second to none.There isnt a manager in the league that wouldnt kill to have him between the sticks.

For us its all about learning and we are getting there each match at a time. We play in a great league have availed of wonderful away facilities in every game and have a few great games on the horizon. With all due respect to Castleview we will more than likely meet Avondale at home in the Munster senior league which will be a great occasion for our club to host the best amateur side in the country. The big games keep coming but we look forward to each one.

Ha ha, just to be sure - You did see the smilie didn't ya after my comment? The guy is incredible to work with and we know how lucky we are to have him.

Our cup draws were **** so we're gone from all of them now til the after Chrimbo stuff. What will you do if you do come up against Dale? Stop playing your nice brand of football and try to hold them to pens or
go toe to toe with them football wise and see how that goes? Serious outfit and great team to pit your wits against.

Clifford
31/10/2012, 3:09 PM
I was only thinking the very same last Sunday, while Mick didn't have a whole lot of saves to make he was constantly vocal, encouraging the team forward all the time. A super keeper indeed, wold still have him at City, fantastic player.

Although he was a bit slow down when my small fella buried one past him after the full time whistle went.

That was a screamer though. The net struggled to hold it in.

Mick is certainly still good enough to play the LOI, a pure natural and full of ability. Some of the saves we see make everyone draw breath.

corkgaffer
31/10/2012, 3:26 PM
Ha ha, just to be sure - You did see the smilie didn't ya after my comment? The guy is incredible to work with and we know how lucky we are to have him.

Our cup draws were **** so we're gone from all of them now til the after Chrimbo stuff. What will you do if you do come up against Dale? Stop playing your nice brand of football and try to hold them to pens or
go toe to toe with them football wise and see how that goes? Serious outfit and great team to pit your wits against.

I'm not sure to be honest all I can say to my lads is to make sure they walk across the touchline at full time with no regrets the rest Im working on. It gives me a lot to think about for sure but we are all looking forward to it. Until then I have to show the same amount to consideration and respect to Casement on Saturday. That's the good thing about this division any team is capable of beating anyone on their day. It doesn't have the 2 tiers as such as the premier or the strong clubs from the 1st division. Its a good question wither we will play our football against them or try to go toe to toe. Its a question that will play on my mind for the next few weeks for sure. I'll put it out there then to the subscribers to the forum. What do you think?

pacman
31/10/2012, 4:14 PM
buddy i dont do that ok im just here for football i always posted well others come in and bring up rubbish dont spoil this now ok .just check my posts .wilton doing very well of the teams gone over but other 2 still finding their feet.pacman iv no intrest in you ok .and take off the booboys hat :rolleyes:.you tell me why i cant say what i said in the post middleton are a fine club.
I'll take you at your word so. Obviously there is nothing wrong with what you said about midleton. But your comment about Leeside would appear to be just goading at the likes of Booboy and the other Lesside posters. The fact that you even mentioned Booboy in your post above makes me even more sure of it. You could have easily of made your point without being provocative and facetious towards Leeside.

If you want to talk only about football then great but i think you could be less confrontational in doing so

mary
01/11/2012, 6:25 AM
Welcome Mary, what club you follow then? :p :rolleyes: How are they doing?

No point coming on and looking for others to discuss things without helping us out a little.

As for Fermoy, we're enjoying the step up in level even if the start to the league season has been broken up annoyingly with cups and free weekends. Nearly November and only 3 lg games played isnt ideal. I now know why we were about 2 weeks earlier than the rest back into preseason, but we'll live and learn.

Competitive so far in all our games so that's a plus considering we're favourites to go down in many peoples eyes. We'll enjoy the season and see where it brings us. Delighted to be part of the top league with so many big clubs to learn off. Depth of squad might hinder us winning the thing, but hey ho that's the lot of a country club. Can't beat working with a team full of local lads with one ancient blow in in goal!! ;)

Hi Clifford from the city living in east cork played for several teams try to get to a game every second week from what I hear ye are holding your own this season and should stay up, which is no easy task after been promoted.

mary
01/11/2012, 6:37 AM
Welcome officially to the forum Mary from the sidelines. Id just like to point out that not all posts on behalf of Leeside seem to come from the club itself or even from representatives of the club. I can put my hand up and say 100% I'm from Leeside but am relatively new to the club having only taken over the senior side at the beginning of this season so I cant be held accountable for any previous transgressions that I don't know about.

Just as Clifford has pointed out for Fermoy and premier league status we at Leeside are slowly getting used to the demands of senior football and all that it entails. We've been fortunate in our cup draws and have had one or two results this season that have turned a few heads but there's still a long way to go and the team has had to learn quickly from the mistakes that were made at the start of the season. We are lucky that unlike the premier and Division 1 there is no relegation. We played Fermoy in preseason and I thought we didn't embarrass ourselves but pay no attention to Cliffords remark about the one ancient blow in in goal. Mick Devine is a super keeper. A real pro who is worth at least 10 points to them a season. His experience is invaluable and his ability to slow the play and take the pressure of his defenders is second to none.There isnt a manager in the league that wouldnt kill to have him between the sticks.

For us its all about learning and we are getting there each match at a time. We play in a great league have availed of wonderful away facilities in every game and have a few great games on the horizon. With all due respect to Castleview we will more than likely meet Avondale at home in the Munster senior league which will be a great occasion for our club to host the best amateur side in the country. The big games keep coming but we look forward to each one.

Great time to be involved in a club just gone to senior grade there must be a great buzz around the place saw ye play early on this season and to be fair you had them playing the right way you just didnt have the personal to execute what you wanted will you change your strategy when ye play the bigger teams or is that fixed regarless

Goggs
01/11/2012, 8:19 AM
Watched douglas hall game last Sunday against kinsale not a great game in which kinsale when 1 up should have got a second only for a horrendous refereeing descion the ball was 3 yards over the line a Douglas fall player on the post confirmed this to me and Douglas hall go down the pitch 10 seconds later and make it 1-1 while kinsale still complain ! Turned the whole game on its head

John Lenihan isnt back is he

tricksey
01/11/2012, 8:39 AM
John Lenihan isnt back is he
No he's down aul.its prob better off I don't mention the refs name is it ?

Goggs
01/11/2012, 10:05 AM
Dont Razor will get you

razor
01/11/2012, 10:18 AM
No he's down aul.its prob better off I don't mention the refs name is it ?was it yer man Clattenburg?

the owl
01/11/2012, 11:09 AM
Had a game Sunday morning where the ref got both teams to shake hands before the game. First time i have ever done it. Any other teams experienced it ? Thoughts ?

Goggs
01/11/2012, 3:08 PM
They might have been last season Goggs i heard there was no one there against Blarney which is ironic as Blarney have taken alot of slack the last few seasons for fielding outside players,yet they had all locals and ye had all the outsiders. Wouldnt you say the tables have turned.

You dont waste much time Mary straight in no kissing as they say. I hold the hands up on this one but maybe the manager had no choice and maybe the juniors wouldnt step up.

mary
01/11/2012, 3:29 PM
You dont waste much time Mary straight in no kissing as they say. I hold the hands up on this one but maybe the manager had no choice and maybe the juniors wouldnt step up.
Its Karma Goggs you have spent to long slagging long ball teams and outsiders and yet now you pay every weekend to watch it.

Goggs
01/11/2012, 4:54 PM
Had a game Sunday morning where the ref got both teams to shake hands before the game. First time i have ever done it. Any other teams experienced it ? Thoughts ?
Thats a strange one saw a ref last year in the aul think he was spanish, he got the two teams to line up to check there studs and to see had they jewelry on he then checked the football to be used and said he wasnt happy with it unfortunately that was the only football the two teams had between them so the home team said they werent going to pay him if he didnt play the match,ive never seen a quicker u-turn.

Leftside
01/11/2012, 8:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Apologies for posting in here but the AUL forum is closed and the guy my post is regarding is always posting here. My name is Niall Riordan and I'm the secretary of Leeview AFC in the Cork AUL. The poster known as Toto has been posting that he is involved with our club, this is not true. He has major beef with Leeside's manager and because this manager was in charge of us for a few years this moron has tried to attach himself to us so he can post anonymously when he's more than likely a former Leeside player. Why does this bother me? Well he's starting to annoy a lot of people and I don't want the name of our club associated with such idiotic posts.

Mighty almighty
01/11/2012, 8:51 PM
They might have been last season Goggs i heard there was no one there against Blarney which is ironic as Blarney have taken alot of slack the last few seasons for fielding outside players,yet they had all locals and ye had all the outsiders. Wouldnt you say the tables have turned.

Was at the game Mary,think there was 6/7 midleton players on the field at the same time,dont think it is bad?midleton have signed a few from cobh,as we're needed to make competition in the squad this year,which always helps a manager I suppose.

mary
02/11/2012, 11:10 AM
Was at the game Mary,think there was 6/7 midleton players on the field at the same time,dont think it is bad?midleton have signed a few from cobh,as we're needed to make competition in the squad this year,which always helps a manager I suppose.
That's not true you had 3 players from midleton who started.The reason I brought it up was to have a bit of banter with goggs because in previous posts he was harsh on blarney for having all outsiders as he called them and he also slated long ball teams which ye clearly have become and he never answered my question how have midleton become such a bunch of hooffers in such a small space of time maybe you can answer this for all the blarney and rockmount supporters out there Mighty almighty.

mary
02/11/2012, 11:16 AM
Change of management out in rockmount surely some guy winding me up last night..
That would be a huge shock is billy back

Mighty almighty
02/11/2012, 11:31 AM
That's not true you had 3 players from midleton who started.The reason I brought it up was to have a bit of banter with goggs because in previous posts he was harsh on blarney for having all outsiders as he called them and he also slated long ball teams which ye clearly have become and he never answered my question how have midleton become such a bunch of hooffers in such a small space of time maybe you can answer this for all the blarney and rockmount supporters out there Mighty almighty.
Midleton have a squad of 20 and 13 of these are from midleton,what i said 6/7 were on the field at the same time from midleton,obviously manager going to pick his best 11 of the week.I think this is the only game of midleton that you have seen Mary,and yes Mary Midleton were poor on the night,and did knock a lot of ball long,dip in performance on the night if im honest,but all this season besides this game,Midleton have played some very nice football,were excellent in rock mount park deserved 3 pts,45min versus mayfield was very good,great performance and result up in Everton park,scored a superb goal versus Avondale which involved total football.so to say a bunch of hoofers is crazy in my opinion,but at the end of the day you are entitled to opinion.

mary
02/11/2012, 12:35 PM
My god mighty take off the blinkers wasn't at the Avondale match but speaking to some one at it he said ye by passed midfield and hoofed balls to hoggy all nite for the last few years your team has been built around football similar to the hall ye might not had the class to pull it off but ye were a team to be admired who's going to watch a bunch of Cobh lads boot the ball to pillar to post for the night now no one.

freddie04
02/11/2012, 1:31 PM
mary,

did you just come on this forum just to slag midleton off, these posts between leeside and midleton are getting ridiculous. who play's what style, how many locals are on the team, how many people are at the match????? i'm from midleton and to be honest i have no interest in how leeside's team are run or how they are getting on in the second division.
i go to all midleton games and where you come up with the assumption that midleton that for the last few year's have tried to play similar football to douglas hall is beyond me. you obviously havent been to many midleton games, oh i forgot your a leeside supporter why would you be at midleton's games.
midleton can play good football sometimes and some night it can be pretty poor. thats just football. but for people to come on this forum constantly and just slag off teams when they can hide behind a name is easy.

Goggs
02/11/2012, 2:30 PM
My god mighty take off the blinkers wasn't at the Avondale match but speaking to some one at it he said ye by passed midfield and hoofed balls to hoggy all nite for the last few years your team has been built around football similar to the hall ye might not had the class to pull it off but ye were a team to be admired who's going to watch a bunch of Cobh lads boot the ball to pillar to post for the night now no one.
Midleton lost a lot of players to college emigration in the last year the manager had no choice and with different players you get different styles

mary
02/11/2012, 3:01 PM
mary,

did you just come on this forum just to slag midleton off, these posts between leeside and midleton are getting ridiculous. who play's what style, how many locals are on the team, how many people are at the match????? i'm from midleton and to be honest i have no interest in how leeside's team are run or how they are getting on in the second division.
i go to all midleton games and where you come up with the assumption that midleton that for the last few year's have tried to play similar football to douglas hall is beyond me. you obviously havent been to many midleton games, oh i forgot your a leeside supporter why would you be at midleton's games.
midleton can play good football sometimes and some night it can be pretty poor. thats just football. but for people to come on this forum constantly and just slag off teams when they can hide behind a name is easy.
First of all Freddie this forum is mainly used for match reports styles of football players coaches etc I only got onto the subject as blarney and rockmount took a bit of slagging from a midleton supporter now I have seen midleton against Avondale blarney hall and rockmount last season and for you to tell me there's no difference in there style of play this season and last then you shouldn't be on this forum either your part of the coaching staff taken insult by that remark or you simply don't understand football. And for you to say sometimes we play and sometimes where poor feels like I'm talking to my 5 year old at least if your going to reply put some thought into it please.

corkgaffer
02/11/2012, 3:51 PM
mary,
i'm from midleton and to be honest i have no interest in how leeside's team are run or how they are getting on in the second division.

Freddie/Mary: as coaches and players we all aspire to play the best football we can. There will be days were each of our clubs will play great stuff and then there will be days it wont happen. When that happens you see the honesty of a team and its work ethic and desire to dig out a result. Then unfortuntely you come up aginst the big teams and theres not an awful lot you can do about it and I think thats been the case for Midleton Freddie this season in some of your fixtures the big sides always seem to be able to shift up a few gears when needed which happened in the Avondale game and to be fair its what you did against Mayfield at home. Its a long season ahead and things are going to be tight across all 3 divisions so its a case of scrapping for every point. There are some fine clubs in Cork and the league throws up some fantastic games week in week out. To be honest and not just speaking as a coach Id be more inclined to make the trip up to the city form west cork to take in a good MSL game than watching English football on TV. Tonight's no exception and I'm sitting here mulling over the Midleton- Hall game or the Bandon- Blarney game. I like to catch results, gauge opinions and find out as much as I can about the weekends games as I just don't have the time to ring around about 50 people to know what happened. If you dont like a post then simply ignore it dont read it. You might not want to know how we are doing at Leeside but theres a few who might thats why I posted. Having played a few games in preseason against various clubs I'm always interested to find out about Mayfield and Fermoy as I was pretty impressed with what I saw when we played hence the chat between me and clifford. I admit there are a few who cant resist having a plug or a dig but like we do on the pitch lets rise above it. I've only started using the forum but Id hate to stop because of all the bickering and crap. I see the Midleton lads coming in after us each Tuesday in Carrigtwohill, despite the last few results numbers are still high regardless of where they are from and in Deasy and Wolfe you have the right men at the helm and the'll keep you honest when the football doesnt go your way on a particualr day. Everyone's always ready to put the boot in when things are not going great but teams like yourselves the Hall and Carrigaline who have had the odd dig on here aren't just about this seasons players. These are for me institutions in Cork football they'll be around long after Im finished with the game so I wouldnt worry to much about opinions. Opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

freddie04
02/11/2012, 5:26 PM
First of all Freddie this forum is mainly used for match reports styles of football players coaches etc I only got onto the subject as blarney and rockmount took a bit of slagging from a midleton supporter now I have seen midleton against Avondale blarney hall and rockmount last season and for you to tell me there's no difference in there style of play this season and last then you shouldn't be on this forum either your part of the coaching staff taken insult by that remark or you simply don't understand football. And for you to say sometimes we play and sometimes where poor feels like I'm talking to my 5 year old at least if your going to reply put some thought into it please.

Mary! take a deeep breath and slow down, a few full stops in your posts might help. Firstly i am not part of the coaching setup in midleton if you look at my previous post's on this site i've given a fair opinion on their games so far i've seen. midleton dont play one touch football all the time but to be honest they do try and play football. if you saw the game in rockmount park, the second half against Mayfield and the everton away game you could'nt say it was long ball football.

every team will try and play some sort of football to the best of their ability and midleton are no different. your opinion is only as good as the next person and i value that but look if you dont like the way they play dont come down and watch it. there are plenty of other teams in east cork to watch at the weekends.:o

Gobias
02/11/2012, 9:57 PM
Results from tonights 1st Division games

Youghal Utd 3-2 Cobh Wanderers
CIT 2-0 Carrigaline
Blarney Utd 0-1 Bandon

Clifford
02/11/2012, 10:51 PM
Douglas hall beat Midleton in the Muns Snr cup tonight. 2-1 aet.

Own goal scored by Hall no 5 for Midleton early in sec half. Hall equalised 10 mins later when a sloppy back pass left in the no 9 who finished well. Hall lost a player to a hamstring injury with about 10 left with all three subs on. Their ten men held on for extra time and with about 5 left in the second half of et they broke quickly to force another og to win it. Defender was unlucky but the cross was superb and left him little option.

A pleasant evening, a good even game and good company to watch it with. Local football is awesome.

Clifford
02/11/2012, 11:36 PM
Results from tonights 1st Division games

Youghal Utd 3-2 Cobh Wanderers
CIT 2-0 Carrigaline
Blarney Utd 0-1 Bandon

Big win for Bandon there. Anyone at it for a report? Was it a breakaway goal or deserved win?

Carrig not goin great either. That's a poor result v the students I imagine.

sharpshooter
03/11/2012, 1:44 AM
Big win for Bandon there. Anyone at it for a report? Was it a breakaway goal or deserved win?

Carrig not goin great either. That's a poor result v the students I imagine. could have been 3 or 4..infairness blarney had 2 long range shots off woodwork bar that we were on top..great win sean holland nearly got goal of season a nutmeg and shot from half way line would have been unreal only for great save from blarney keeper..great win

freddie04
03/11/2012, 8:06 AM
Douglas hall beat Midleton in the Muns Snr cup tonight. 2-1 aet

as clifford said a pretty even game last night with douglas just edging it in extra time. midleton probably started the brighter of the two team's but to be honest there wasnt to much goalmouth action to report on a bitter cold night in knockgriffin. midleton opened the scoring through a own goal from a douglas hall defender which was a slice of luck for midleton.
if that was a gift, the douglas hall equalizer was the same. midleton centre foward's backpass intercepted by a douglas player and finishing well. after that douglas had some half chances through some very poor passing out of defence by the midleton back four. with douglas down to 10 men after loosing strachan through injury and all their sub's on it was up to midleton to up the tempo and find a winner but they could'nt break down a good douglas defence.

the winner in extra time was just luck through a own goal but as people say team earn their luck and douglas certainly did deserve some with battling without a player for about 30 minutes. disapointing for midleton to loose another game at home, thats four on the trot and they really need to up their game if they are going to have any sort of season. a win might change all that but win's are hard to come by in this league

Reznik
03/11/2012, 11:23 AM
could have been 3 or 4..infairness blarney had 2 long range shots off woodwork bar that we were on top..great win sean holland nearly got goal of season a nutmeg and shot from half way line would have been unreal only for great save from blarney keeper..great win

I wouldnt go that far sharpshooter, You must be forgetting the one your left back cleared off the line and also the saves brendan made from headers in the last 10mins. In fairness ye were very competitive and perhaps deserved yer goal when ye got it but to say it could have been 3 or 4 is ludicrous. Im a tad bias but draw would have been the fair result.

villaman10
03/11/2012, 11:27 AM
Freddie/Mary: as coaches and players we all aspire to play the best football we can. There will be days were each of our clubs will play great stuff and then there will be days it wont happen. When that happens you see the honesty of a team and its work ethic and desire to dig out a result. Then unfortuntely you come up aginst the big teams and theres not an awful lot you can do about it and I think thats been the case for Midleton Freddie this season in some of your fixtures the big sides always seem to be able to shift up a few gears when needed which happened in the Avondale game and to be fair its what you did against Mayfield at home. Its a long season ahead and things are going to be tight across all 3 divisions so its a case of scrapping for every point. There are some fine clubs in Cork and the league throws up some fantastic games week in week out. To be honest and not just speaking as a coach Id be more inclined to make the trip up to the city form west cork to take in a good MSL game than watching English football on TV. Tonight's no exception and I'm sitting here mulling over the Midleton- Hall game or the Bandon- Blarney game. I like to catch results, gauge opinions and find out as much as I can about the weekends games as I just don't have the time to ring around about 50 people to know what happened. If you dont like a post then simply ignore it dont read it. You might not want to know how we are doing at Leeside but theres a few who might thats why I posted. Having played a few games in preseason against various clubs I'm always interested to find out about Mayfield and Fermoy as I was pretty impressed with what I saw when we played hence the chat between me and clifford. I admit there are a few who cant resist having a plug or a dig but like we do on the pitch lets rise above it. I've only started using the forum but Id hate to stop because of all the bickering and crap. I see the Midleton lads coming in after us each Tuesday in Carrigtwohill, despite the last few results numbers are still high regardless of where they are from and in Deasy and Wolfe you have the right men at the helm and the'll keep you honest when the football doesnt go your way on a particualr day. Everyone's always ready to put the boot in when things are not going great but teams like yourselves the Hall and Carrigaline who have had the odd dig on here aren't just about this seasons players. These are for me institutions in Cork football they'll be around long after Im finished with the game so I wouldnt worry to much about opinions. Opinions are like arseholes...everyone has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.

well said! haven't been on here much lately as it was turning into a little b*$ch-fest! lets not go down the road of the aul forum where a few ''late night'' posters ruined it for every one!
back to football, was at midleton v douglas last night, and not much between the teams, but douglas deserved their win if only for the fact they dug in when down to ten men. good character shown by them but maybe the midleton line should of taken a leaf out of fergie's book last sunday against chelsea and gone for the kill. luckily for midleton 3 of their last 4 defeats have been in the cup and not the league so all is not lost, but have to get into the habit of seeing out games till the end!

sharpshooter
03/11/2012, 12:58 PM
I wouldnt go that far sharpshooter, You must be forgetting the one your left back cleared off the line and also the saves brendan made from headers in the last 10mins. In fairness ye were very competitive and perhaps deserved yer goal when ye got it but to say it could have been 3 or 4 is ludicrous. Im a tad bias but draw would have been the fair result.
All about opinions i suppose,

greengrass
03/11/2012, 5:35 PM
All about opinions i suppose,

i was at this game
could have went either way but to say it should have been 3 or 4 to bandon is a heavily biased view
after the goal blarney really went for the equaliser with bandon playing on the break
this was a 1 niler that could have went either way in all honesty
blarney look to be lacking a menacing chance taker
but isnt every team i suppose

bullet
03/11/2012, 6:31 PM
Did leeside go toe to toe with casement today any result.

thebooboys
03/11/2012, 6:39 PM
Did leeside go toe to toe with casement today any result.
Lost 2-1 very unlucky, should have one the game.

Chiefscout
03/11/2012, 6:57 PM
Some huge games down for next weekend at top on bottom of league.cors away to mount Friday night should really show how far each team are capable of pushing dale.marys home to fermoy Saturday is a 6 pointer as is mayfield v ucc

El Patron
03/11/2012, 7:27 PM
Apparently ricki gettings is been tapped by Midleton and Cian Blake from Rockmount is on his way to Douglas Hall

bullet
03/11/2012, 7:47 PM
Avondale manager will be able to sleep a bit easier so tonight with leeside after coming off there winning run. Was that casements first win in the league.

1fortheTeam
03/11/2012, 9:53 PM
i was at this game
could have went either way but to say it should have been 3 or 4 to bandon is a heavily biased view
after the goal blarney really went for the equaliser with bandon playing on the break
this was a 1 niler that could have went either way in all honesty
blarney look to be lacking a menacing chance taker
but isnt every team i supposei wouldnt say every team ..jeffers got 5 today..i know you will say its only prem but he is a chance taker.i bet if you water a six yard box regular he will grow there the man just come,s to life in the box.

corkgaffer
04/11/2012, 10:17 AM
Avondale manager will be able to sleep a bit easier so tonight with leeside after coming off there winning run. Was that casements first win in the league.

I dare say he will bullet but now that you've had your wee petty dig I'll fill you and the rest of the forum in on the football that happened. Yes we went toe to toe with Casement yesterday and came of second best. Conditions difficult for both sides and it was Casement that handled them better. Fair play to Casement they fought us hard all the way for their first win of the season. We went at them right from the start and they were happy to defend in numbers and try to pick us of on the break which they done very well as they took both goals very well. We hit the post twice hit the crossbar had one cleared of the line in a scramble in the dying minutes and missed a penalty last kick of the game but yesterday was one of those days where it just wasn't happening for us. I thought referee handled the game very well apart from what I thought was a clear offside for Casements second but then again our penalty at the end was very harsh on casement so these things have a way of evening themselves up. Experience told yesterday and we had it in short supply. Casement took 2 of their 5 or 6 chances we took one of our 15-20 and it boils down to goals winning games not chances. At the end of the day couldnt fault my lads for effort and commitment on what was a tricky day for all. Well done Casement for picking up their first win of the season and Im sure they'll be giving more teams an equally hard time down there in the coming months. We have to pick ourselves up now dust ourselves down and prepare for a home game against Glasheen next week. Any other match reports out there from division 2?

razor
04/11/2012, 11:49 AM
Avondale 6-0 Castleview

el nino coro
04/11/2012, 1:00 PM
what game was that? I was up at a blustery mayfield park with my two friends. good win for mount dominated the game. two early goals killed mayfield.

freddie04
04/11/2012, 2:03 PM
What's happening up in mayfield?for a team that would have fancied their chances to be right in contention for the league this season it look the opposite now. they seem to be struggling for goals big time . Any thoughts on what's going wrong?

Glenbuck
04/11/2012, 2:12 PM
2 nil win for Mount. Mayfield seem to be having a few problems. Defence in the horrors. Only for Sherlock in goal it could have been a few more. Terry White and Gary O Riordan with the goals early on. Mayfield had a good chance early in the second half from a corner. Dave Kiely headed wide. Mount defence played well through out. Biting breeze. Give me Whitechurch anyday. Cup of tea at half time was a gods send. 3 points well deserved.

pirlo
04/11/2012, 7:06 PM
2 nil win for Mount. Mayfield seem to be having a few problems. Defence in the horrors. Only for Sherlock in goal it could have been a few more. Terry White and Gary O Riordan with the goals early on. Mayfield had a good chance early in the second half from a corner. Dave Kiely headed wide. Mount defence played well through out. Biting breeze. Give me Whitechurch anyday. Cup of tea at half time was a gods send. 3 points well deserved.
gud to see rockmount keepin.. momentum going, hopefully theyll push the dale all the way this season. Mayfield in big trouble

El Patron
04/11/2012, 7:25 PM
Glasheen had a hard fought win against passage. Glasheen on a roll and got to be favourites for Div 2 now with Mallow (even do they drew at home) likely to go up IMO. Saw the second half of Wilton-Crosshaven. Hard to judge this one when Crosshaven were barely able to field 11 players. Stephen Daly pulling the strings again. Nice to see Casement and Ballinhassig pick up there first wins. Congrats. 2nd Div looking very close and competitive with everyone able to beat eachother. Should be plently of twists along the way.

Mayfield and Midleton in the prem look like the wheels are coming off with Rockmount and Avondale the likely two to battle it out at the top but the Dale gotta be favourites with such a strong squad. UCC have improved and are now picking up the points. Everton on the way down i think. With Packie O'Connor up front it's hard to see where the goals are gonna come from. He hardly set the AUL on fire and now he's up top for Everton.

In the first div a good win for Bandon. Important 3 points picked up by Youghal v Cobh Wanderers who look to be in freefall with 3 defeats in a row. Ken Sisky under pressure? You can't look past Leeds, Bandon, Blarney or CIT i's say

Chiefscout
04/11/2012, 7:34 PM
What's happening up in mayfield?for a team that would have fancied their chances to be right in contention for the league this season it look the opposite now. they seem to be struggling for goals big time . Any thoughts on what's going wrong?
Offer very little goal threat and struggling at centre back.midfield and full backs are very strong and one of best keepers in league.think they'll be ok.they are one of those teams that could rattle off 3 or 4 wins in a row