PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

toto
23/09/2012, 6:34 PM
The real world... Nice touch archie..would you by any chance live in it yourself .. Why schedule an under 13 girls football game that conflicts with a senior game? I actually heard one of your club representatives having a pop at the leeside manager for complining about the delay saying it was his fault because leeside wouldnt agree to reschedule the kick off until 4pm. Why should they its up to your club secretary to get his or her house in order. Your taking a bit of a liberty with the 5 past 2 time aswell Leeside were at the ground from 1.30 and entered the dressing room at 2.20pm . How do you explain the clubs decision to play the youths game which kicked of at the same time on the senior pitch and having the senior game played on the substandard pitch that had just hosted the girls game? By the way in the real world a team normaly does it's running warm up off the pitch and the ball work on it out of respect to the host clubs wishes and a desire not to damage pitch. I believe Leeside were instructed to do their running off the pitch. Your club displayed some interesting colours on Saturday and it was reflected very well in your hospitality and behavior on the day... it masked it's inferiority very well in its hiding behind little girls and your youth team I'd say you're well pleased with your result ..... by the way I've never in all my time watching football been at a senior league game where the home team couldn't furnish a match ball. Should be an interesting Munster senior cup game in little island.

Crosshaven AFC
23/09/2012, 7:22 PM
Sadly my computer is out of action so Ill do my talking with the Chairman of Leeside via telephone tomorrow. It's very easy for people like Toto to come on here & give a one sided biased view of what happened in Crosshaven yesterday but if your club has any official complaints to make then do so via the Msl management committee. Don't hide behind a false name on a website. I would never come on here and comment on your club or team especially as I know they are hard working volunteers. If I have anything to say then I'll contact directly.
Seamus Murphy
Chairman
Via iPhone

archie
23/09/2012, 7:38 PM
"He who is without sin cast the first stone", I'll make it my business to attend a game at Leeside "PARADISE" Park shortly, to see the PERFECT SET UP. End of.

Ordinary Joe
23/09/2012, 7:52 PM
The real world... Nice touch archie..would you by any chance live in it yourself .. Why schedule an under 13 girls football game that conflicts with a senior game? I actually heard one of your club representatives having a pop at the leeside manager for complining about the delay saying it was his fault because leeside wouldnt agree to reschedule the kick off until 4pm. Why should they its up to your club secretary to get his or her house in order. Your taking a bit of a liberty with the 5 past 2 time aswell Leeside were at the ground from 1.30 and entered the dressing room at 2.20pm . How do you explain the clubs decision to play the youths game which kicked of at the same time on the senior pitch and having the senior game played on the substandard pitch that had just hosted the girls game? By the way in the real world a team normaly does it's running warm up off the pitch and the ball work on it out of respect to the host clubs wishes and a desire not to damage pitch. I believe Leeside were instructed to do their running off the pitch. Your club displayed some interesting colours on Saturday and it was reflected very well in your hospitality and behavior on the day... it masked it's inferiority very well in its hiding behind little girls and your youth team I'd say you're well pleased with your result ..... by the way I've never in all my time watching football been at a senior league game where the home team couldn't furnish a match ball. Should be an interesting Munster senior cup game in little island.

Toto you need to do your homework when you play in the MSL. Crosshaven Snrs play all their games on the bottom pitch. Going there for over 10 years and played on the bottom pitch every time. None of us like it but it works for them!!!!

toto
23/09/2012, 8:20 PM
I have no direct affiliation with Leeside other than a friendship with a few players and the manager. I had a nice day out in Crosshaven as my own club weren't playing until Sunday, had a few pints in cronins with the other half and when she headed home I took in the match of the day ad it was my first ever visit to Crosshaven . I'm just saying it as I seen it. Is it not the remit of this forum that it allows comment without fear of repercussion hence the ability to remain anonymous. I think fermoy will be relegated this season fom the premier league and ive no doubt that will upset the lads from fermoy but thats my opinion. This forum is called foot.ie its not called " you can't voice an opinion if it upsets someone.ie ". I hope when you speak to the Leeside chairman you can give him a reason to the pitch change and why you played a youth team fixture on your senior pitch maybe you can inform him of your inability to mange your underage fixtures or as a home team and your inability to provide a single match ball do every time he ball went out if play away fans had to climb into gardens to get the matchballs supplied by the away team. I'm a football fan I take in as many games as I can and am perfectly entitled to voice my opinion especially when it speaks the truth. I believe you showed nothing but contempt for Leeside on Saturday. @ Archie ..... I'd say the lads at Leeside will be nothing but welcoming to their modest set up in little island. Don't get me wrong the choice of pitched worked for Crosshaven and they dealt with everything leeside threw at them and their keeper was a deserving mom and they rode their luck to get a well earned point. I have an opinion on what I saw on the day and saw fit to put it on this forum.. End of

toto
23/09/2012, 8:23 PM
Toto you need to do your homework when you play in the MSL. Crosshaven Snrs play all their games on the bottom pitch. Going there for over 10 years and played on the bottom pitch every time. None of us like it but it works for them!!!!

Didnt know that Ordinary Joe thanks for putting record straight.....

Mighty almighty
23/09/2012, 9:47 PM
Ironic this coming from a leeside supporter.i went to watch a Keane cup game in leeside park is it? Versus midleton it was,and to be honest on first arrival I couldn't understand why I saw two sidelines,one brought 5yrds inside The other,and can't be certain but could say they length was bought 5 yards shorter either sides aswell.plus on the playing surface won't talk much about it because garryvoe beach would have been a carpet compared at the time,but all I can say leeside used there poor facilities to the fore on the day winning 2-1 especially after being wracked 5-0 a week before by same opposition on a carpet!call a spade a spade lads.crosshaven entitled to play on what ever pitch they like.better than a beach I suppose.

thebooboys
23/09/2012, 10:23 PM
lads im leeside,great game in which leeside should have won by five,i dont know who toto is but we down in leeside appreciate his concern and look forward to his posts but no one down here complaining about the pitch or the preparation of the team,it was in perfect condition,there keeper won them a draw ,there will be tougher tests ahead for a young leeside team,who are after losing a lot of players over the last 2 years. Leeside can build on this and hopefully get some positive results following a difficult start to the league. Wilton favourites in my opinion,they know how to win!!!!!

thebooboys
23/09/2012, 10:30 PM
mighty almighty toto not from leeside,also leesides pitch has been the same size since pre-season,midleton were poor on the day and leeside were better with an mostly parish players,i heard the bus from cobh was hopping after the mayfield result. some great players down in midleton/cobh!!!

archie
23/09/2012, 10:37 PM
Honesty at last from the horses mouth, well said "thebooboys"

toto
24/09/2012, 8:08 AM
Well said indeed thebooboys.....No doubt though that in making this comment as a Leeside fan the Midleton chairman will be on to the Leeside Chairman to voice his concern over your spurious comments. ( the Leeside chairman's phone will be hoping this Monday morning)... You're veiled dig at Midleton/Cobh hiding behind an anonymous name on a forum is nothing short of scandalous. You're 100% right I'm not a Leeside club member I have just checked out a few of your games this season. Glen Celtic, Midleton and Crosshaven. Team knows how to play football al-right which par of the course for one of Dave Halls teams but you have a long way to go yet before becoming an established MSL team.

corkgaffer
24/09/2012, 8:25 AM
Good game on Saturday. Both sides done well. Crosshaven done well to get their point. Defended as a unit and keeper very deserving of his man of the match award as he definitely kept them in it. Crosshaven could have pinched it once or twice in the end on the break but in the end goals win games not good performances. Issue in relation to the pitch explained to me prior to kick of by MSL commitee member from the club. Home teams prerogative to play anywhere as long as pitch meets guidelines which in this instance it did. Delay in getting into dressing room unfortunate but understandable I voiced my opinion on it on the day and explanation was sufficient. Its a learning curve for all at Leeside bearing in mind very young team. I think one too many drinks in Cronins toto and whilst your entitled to give your opinion on here seeing as it is a forum your comments are not helpful. Looking forward to welcoming Crosshaven to Littleisland

Kearney
24/09/2012, 12:36 PM
mighty almighty toto not from leeside,also leesides pitch has been the same size since pre-season,midleton were poor on the day and leeside were better with an mostly parish players,i heard the bus from cobh was hopping after the mayfield result. some great players down in midleton/cobh!!!

I love the little “mostly parish player's" comment. It is a bit outrageous coming from you booboys of all people. Its probably only this year that ye can say that considering in the last 4/5 years the majority of leesides good players came from everywhere but Little Island/Glounthaune. Can you tell me what the catchment area is for parish players again? Every decent side will have players not from the area they are playing out of + Leeside are no exception.

Crosshaven AFC
24/09/2012, 1:54 PM
Good game on Saturday. Both sides done well. Crosshaven done well to get their point. Defended as a unit and keeper very deserving of his man of the match award as he definitely kept them in it. Crosshaven could have pinched it once or twice in the end on the break but in the end goals win games not good performances. Issue in relation to the pitch explained to me prior to kick of by MSL commitee member from the club. Home teams prerogative to play anywhere as long as pitch meets guidelines which in this instance it did. Delay in getting into dressing room unfortunate but understandable I voiced my opinion on it on the day and explanation was sufficient. Its a learning curve for all at Leeside bearing in mind very young team. I think one too many drinks in Cronins toto and whilst your entitled to give your opinion on here seeing as it is a forum your comments are not helpful. Looking forward to welcoming Crosshaven to Littleisland

Spot on Cork Gaffer - I only arrived for the second half & considered it a point gained although we nearly snatched victory at the death but the Leeside keeper made a super stop.
I spent ten minutes on the phone today with the Club Secretary in Leeside who distanced himself & the club entirely from Toto's comments.
The U16 Girls match was over just before two & resulted in a delay into the dressing rooms for both teams which was unfortunate. At Crosshaven AFC we cater for a large schoolgirl section & it is important that they are given the privacy they require when changing. Sadly the clubhouse layout does not facilitate both men & girls in the clubhouse at the same time. We have planning permission granted for a redevelopment of the same which will once complete eliminate this problem.
As for the pitch issue. The bottom pitch in Camden is in decent enough nick although the committee would prefer to see the Senior team play on the main pitch this decision is the managers. We respect his decision & the pitch is regulation size.
We, Crosshaven AFC, will look forward to our trip to Leeside later in the season.

Mighty almighty
24/09/2012, 2:21 PM
I love the little “mostly parish player's" comment. It is a bit outrageous coming from you booboys of all people. Its probably only this year that ye can say that considering in the last 4/5 years the majority of leesides good players came from everywhere but Little Island/Glounthaune. Can you tell me what the catchment area is for parish players again? Every decent side will have players not from the area they are playing out of + Leeside are no exception.
Totally agree Donnie,if I'm correct in saying this,watched one of leesides fai cup games a couple of seasons ago,didn't leeside have half a youghal side playing 2years ago and a few from midleton aswell,there was very little parish players that day,midleton have always kept local as much as possible,was talking to there manager,he said this year had to sign outside,talent,due to the players emigrating and work commitments.he said a good u-19 team coming through which will help,the dried up supply from underage in the last 3-4 years.every team needs to have a few outsiders to compete at the top,very hard for small towns to survive just with local talent.

Radiostar
24/09/2012, 2:57 PM
Midleton is hardly a small town! But I wouldn't be holding it against any team that try's to get the best available players to sign for their club.

thebooboys
24/09/2012, 3:17 PM
To clarify, that was 2009-2010 season, we had 2 youghal players & 2 midleton, all of whom had worked with that manager in the past. But for the most part Leeside has predominantly been a parish club but like most have occasionally brought in people from other areas.

And Donnie Darko, this comment
"in the last 4/5 years the majority of leesides good players came from everywhere but Little Island/Glounthaune"
is total bull!!! We've always had a local core, unlucky.

bluey
24/09/2012, 5:29 PM
Ironic this coming from a leeside supporter.i went to watch a Keane cup game in leeside park is it? Versus midleton it was,and to be honest on first arrival I couldn't understand why I saw two sidelines,one brought 5yrds inside The other,and can't be certain but could say they length was bought 5 yards shorter either sides aswell.plus on the playing surface won't talk much about it because garryvoe beach would have been a carpet compared at the time,but all I can say leeside used there poor facilities to the fore on the day winning 2-1 especially after being wracked 5-0 a week before by same opposition on a carpet!call a spade a spade lads.crosshaven entitled to play on what ever pitch they like.better than a beach I suppose.

Mighty, if you had open your eyes u would of seen that there was 1 line for the sidline, the other line 5 yards in where the 2 lines for the 2 technical boxes. Leeside pitch is exact same size this year as previous years. Pitch is pushed over towards the far fence as we have problems now and again at the near side with flooding during the bad weather. Like every club does including yourselves ok.Ye moaned back then that we bought in the pitch when we beat ye and your still on about it now, this was explained to you before but it seems to have GONE OVER YOUR HEAD AGAIN... Our pitch is wider than yours FACT.

bluey
24/09/2012, 5:39 PM
Totally agree Donnie,if I'm correct in saying this,watched one of leesides fai cup games a couple of seasons ago,didn't leeside have half a youghal side playing 2years ago and a few from midleton aswell,there was very little parish players that day,midleton have always kept local as much as possible,was talking to there manager,he said this year had to sign outside,talent,due to the players emigrating and work commitments.he said a good u-19 team coming through which will help,the dried up supply from underage in the last 3-4 years.every team needs to have a few outsiders to compete at the top,very hard for small towns to survive just with local talent.

As booboys has just told you, had 2 from youghal and 2 from midleton. As for emigrating from the Midleton team, just 1 i think it was Stacky is it? I went to watch the game v Mayfield 2 weeks ago and i actually heard a few locals giving out that there is very few from Midleton playing senior, "ramblers reserves" was the talk. I suppose you have to look at it as well with all these players coming in you will have a strong junior team, consisting mostly of last years seniors so you might win a trophy for Daddy in yere 30th year and have a trophy for him at the big do come the end of the season.

magpie
24/09/2012, 6:04 PM
As booboys has just told you, had 2 from youghal and 2 from midleton. As for emigrating from the Midleton team, just 1 i think it was Stacky is it? I went to watch the game v Mayfield 2 weeks ago and i actually heard a few locals giving out that there is very few from Midleton playing senior, "ramblers reserves" was the talk. I suppose you have to look at it as well with all these players coming in you will have a strong junior team, consisting mostly of last years seniors so you might win a trophy for Daddy in yere 30th year and have a trophy for him at the big do come the end of the season.
pocky, cher, mush, dempsey, brian mc carthy, johnny b, cody, dereck delay, all people from outside the area who played under colman mulcahy the yr leeside threw away the league. alot more than 4 there lads.

thebooboys
24/09/2012, 6:17 PM
Delea played for Leeside for years. He now lives in Carrig but his family are Little Island. Only Youghal fellas who played were Dempsey & Pooky. Micky Do (Hennessy) played a handful of games & left. Same with Brian McCarthy. Johnny Barrett and Coleman Cody played full season, thats still 4 total by my count!

magpie
24/09/2012, 6:27 PM
Delea played for Leeside for years. He now lives in Carrig but his family are Little Island. Only Youghal fellas who played were Dempsey & Pooky. Micky Do (Hennessy) played a handful of games & left. Same with Brian McCarthy. Johnny Barrett and Coleman Cody played full season, thats still 4 total by my count!
regardless of how many games they played, they still put on the shirt. sher played that same session i saw him play for ye. brian mc finished the season and was involved in the final game in little island. didnt kno bout micky doo. so by my count it was 9!!

thebooboys
24/09/2012, 6:35 PM
Brian McCarthy played a handful of games, doesn't count in my books. Don't know who "mush" & "cher" are unfortunately. I knew we had fellas on here who couldn't spell, but didn't know counting was an issue too....

magpie
24/09/2012, 6:54 PM
Brian McCarthy played a handful of games, doesn't count in my books. Don't know who "mush" & "cher" are unfortunately. I knew we had fellas on here who couldn't spell, but didn't know counting was an issue too....

point is boo, their was still half a dozen OR MORE?? outsiders playing for leeside in their most successful season in recent history. so stop being a hypocrite.

Mighty almighty
24/09/2012, 8:26 PM
Was at the same game bluey,and your right,but midleton had four locals away that weekend,think if you look at the rock mount game you will get a through reflection of the starting 11 that midleton will have,I've seen the juniors play this year and they are not as strong as last year,plus bluey very hard to win a trophy when I'm not affiliated with any team,on the daddy comment?im kinda lost on this one,wouldn't you just love to know who I am!the beauty of a forum:confused:think your also wrong on the 30th,think its there 40th anniversary.

toto
24/09/2012, 8:59 PM
Totally different team now. Apart form Mark Quinn, Mike Murphy and Rob Kelleher everyone else hails from the locality. They've been slow of the mark but I reckon a lot of the teams will take points of each other in this division. I think booboy is a bit presumptuous in his forecast that sees Wilton as favourites. Dont know many teams that win leagues in September apart form Sligo Rovers!!

striker09
24/09/2012, 9:08 PM
alot of ye very interested in midleton seniors !!!!!!!! better off concentrating on yer own clubs i think and leave midleton do what they like !! its a hard enough league without reading rubbish on this ..... Judge teams at end of season and hopefully yer clubs like mine will have had good season

thebooboys
24/09/2012, 9:23 PM
Well toto 8 points is a huge gap to close even after 3 games. Wilton are a experienced side who know how to win and thats why im putting them down as favourites,one of the top teams in the aul over the last 5 years,whoever finishes above them should win the league. I also think we have turned a corner and should kick on now and hopefully be chasing promotion.

thebooboys
24/09/2012, 9:55 PM
point is boo, their was still half a dozen OR MORE?? outsiders playing for leeside in their most successful season in recent history. so stop being a hypocrite.

Most successful season??? We won nothing that year, apart from the Mossie Linnane. The previous year was the biggest achievement winning the Munster in 2008, before those 4 players you mentioned joined. And then it was a local affair, and a few from glanmire, parts of which are in "the parish".

Corinthionie
25/09/2012, 5:53 AM
Been reading these posts for the last few days and just want to throw my "tuppence worth" in, on the dedate as it has evolved.

1) If Crosshaven's pitch meets requirements set out by the MSL then, in my opinion, it is well within their rights to use it. If they are used to playing there then why give your opponent an advantage. Now, why they wouldnt want to play on a better surface confuses me a little, however its their call !
2) Why or when did it ever matter what "parish" a player comes from. Football is played throughout the City/County and beyond. Guys choose a club to play for for various reasons, family connection, work colleagues or friends playing there or simply becasue a manager chases and tries to sign the best players for his squad. I dont see where a guy comes from as even a talking point.
3) Lets move on and enjoy the season and cut out the tittle tattle thats clogging up a very good "football" forum.

By the way, these are my opinions and not intended to offend anyone who has previously posted.

G'luck

Corinthionie
25/09/2012, 6:00 AM
Oh and one more thing, Anyone involved in a club that caters for all ages from little kids up to Senior level knows the logistical nightmares of trying to keep drssing room, and car park for that matter, disruptions to a minimum especially on a Saturday. If there are kids getting changed, especially girls, i think Crosser are well within their rights to make the others wait for them to finish. Visiting teams come to crosshaven once a year same as any other club. Those girls pay their membership, train twice a week and play at the weekend. You tell me where Crosser have gone wrong in facilitating what will, in time, be the future of their club...........

Again, just my views!

striker09
25/09/2012, 7:42 AM
midleton v cork city fri night 7.30 kick off in midleton

toto
25/09/2012, 9:33 AM
Fair point Corinthionie and you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion on the matter was made fairly clear. I believe Crosshaven to be a poor side who pulled just about every stroke in the book to come away with some points on Saturday but in saying that fair play to them I just think the goings on of the pitch soured things a bit. MSL rules stipulate technical areas and that home teams should supply match balls etc this is supposed to be senior football and the senior pitch had all these and was a superior surface. Most clubs have to facilitate schoolboys teams but seeing as senior games are the highest level of football at a club I would have thought they were held in higher esteem. I would have thought a club like Crosshaven would be able to arrange fixtures better to ensure a senior game which was the Beamish match of the week to go ahead as planned without any distraction. Away games in the MSL can be tough enough without standing waiting round for the best part of an hour to get into the dressing room. On another point this tittle tattle as you call is is what the forum is about. Its not as if we are commenting on a netball game last weekend.

toto
25/09/2012, 9:46 AM
Fair point striker 09. Its a marathon not a sprint booboy. As experienced as they were in the AUL I cant see Wilton winning the MSL div 2. I reckon there will be a shock to who wins the premier division. I fancy Everton, Midleton or Fermoy to go down. MSL division 1 boils down to a 3 horse race between Castleview Bandon and Blarney with Bandons experience form last year serving them well. Youghal and Carrigaline to go down. In Division 2 I fancy Mallow with one of the 3 old AUL side to accompany them but I reckon it'll go down to the wire.

razor
25/09/2012, 10:28 AM
My opinion on the matter was made fairly clear.
It was indeed, no need to put us all through it again.

toto
25/09/2012, 10:29 AM
It was indeed, no need to put us all through it again.

agreed Razor

striker09
25/09/2012, 12:33 PM
@toto take out avondale and rockmount and every other team has chance of going down good start needed by all clubs because after 7 games league will take shape and u will know exactly what teams are in danger of going down so very early to be predicting bottom 3

Crosshaven AFC
26/09/2012, 6:38 AM
Fair point Corinthionie and you are entitled to your opinion. My opinion on the matter was made fairly clear. I believe Crosshaven to be a poor side who pulled just about every stroke in the book to come away with some points on Saturday but in saying that fair play to them I just think the goings on of the pitch soured things a bit. MSL rules stipulate technical areas and that home teams should supply match balls etc this is supposed to be senior football and the senior pitch had all these and was a superior surface. Most clubs have to facilitate schoolboys teams but seeing as senior games are the highest level of football at a club I would have thought they were held in higher esteem. I would have thought a club like Crosshaven would be able to arrange fixtures better to ensure a senior game which was the Beamish match of the week to go ahead as planned without any distraction. Away games in the MSL can be tough enough without standing waiting round for the best part of an hour to get into the dressing room. On another point this tittle tattle as you call is is what the forum is about. Its not as if we are commenting on a netball game last weekend.

As stated previously the only person who seemed to have a problem on Saturday is you. The only issue I didn't answer was the match balls. Our Senior team use Mitre Campeon. The referee refused to allow Crosshaven use them as he didn't feel they were match quality despite being a FIFA approved match ball. These same footballs have been used by our Senior side in all their games this season with no issue.
Send on your phone number & this weekend when we are making out fixtures, allocating dressing rooms, choosing footballs & everything else that goes with keeping a club moving forward we'll give you a shout and make sure everything is ok with you.
Heaven forbid we'd do anything in the best interests of our own club,
Seamus Murphy
Chairman
Crosshaven AFC

Southsider
26/09/2012, 9:57 AM
As stated previously the only person who seemed to have a problem on Saturday is you. The only issue I didn't answer was the match balls. Our Senior team use Mitre Campeon. The referee refused to allow Crosshaven use them as he didn't feel they were match quality despite being a FIFA approved match ball. These same footballs have been used by our Senior side in all their games this season with no issue.
Send on your phone number & this weekend when we are making out fixtures, allocating dressing rooms, choosing footballs & everything else that goes with keeping a club moving forward we'll give you a shout and make sure everything is ok with you.
Heaven forbid we'd do anything in the best interests of our own club,
Seamus Murphy
Chairman
Crosshaven AFC

Its all about playing to a team strenghts so once theres no rules broken Crosshaven are well entitled to use whatever pitch they like so can a line be drawn under this subject and we get back to the topic of choice on here.

toto
26/09/2012, 10:51 AM
Ok line drawn under this one..Lets talk about how Midleton will cope this year with their relegation. Its going to be a tough pill to swallow seeing as they were club of the year like!! lol;)

striker09
26/09/2012, 1:22 PM
Funny @toto we will see at end of season ....we have made a good start but that is all it is......... No predictions from me just want a good season and lads to keep working hard in training and on the pitch which they have being doing

freddie04
27/09/2012, 9:25 AM
toto, you seem to be more intersted in midleton senior team rather than your own team Leeside. Remember midleton play in the Msl Premier Division not the 2nd division so the possibility of getting relegated is always going to be there when you have good teams in the league. i dont think leeside have to worry about getting relegated from the 2nd division because that cant happen, no matter how bad a team is.
dont worry about premier league teams when your side isnt even close to that standard. leeside have a long road ahead and if you do make it to the premier league lets see how many local players are playing then ! every team in the top division is made up from player all over cork city, take avondale or rockmount as just examples. you should really thing before you post stupid comments on the forum about a team's make up. Players move around clubs all the time thats just local football for you.

toto
27/09/2012, 10:05 AM
@striker09 Ive seen the good and bad in most teams so far and your right its a bit early to say. Best of luck against city on Friday night.

toto
27/09/2012, 10:08 AM
Leeside hammered by Mayfield seniors 6-1 up in Mayfield last night I heard. Seems like lots of work going on up a Mayfield to improve things after a slow start. After shipping 6 I reckon the lads at passage are looking forward to the visit of Leeside on Friday night.

Chiefscout
27/09/2012, 11:34 AM
Leeside hammered by Mayfield seniors 6-1 up in Mayfield last night I heard. Seems like lots of work going on up a Mayfield to improve things after a slow start. After shipping 6 I reckon the lads at passage are looking forward to the visit of Leeside on Friday night.
6-1 doesn't tell half the story.the carry on from some of leeside players on the field with bad challenges and players getting sick on sideline.disgraceful behaviour

thebooboys
27/09/2012, 12:00 PM
Right, neither of Ye were at the game obviously for 2 reasons;
1- it finished 4-1
2- there were no bad tackles/no hassle whatsoever
The ref had an easy night, very friendly game as we play each other regularly. Hope someone from mayfield could come on & put 2 of Ye in yere places.

toto
27/09/2012, 12:13 PM
Chiefscout...Have you borrowed my wooden spoon?????? @booboys just checked with someone an heard score was indeed 4-1

corkgaffer
27/09/2012, 12:22 PM
That's a fairly interesting take on last nights game chiefscout.

striker09
27/09/2012, 12:27 PM
city at full strenght so will be tough but as we have free weekend its important to play and it dont get much harder than this game ...

toto
27/09/2012, 12:33 PM
Indeed it doesn't... Ideal preparation for the big games ahead... Always a great occasion to have city visit in any guise. Will be a good measuring block to see how far you've come under Wolfe and Deasy.