PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

schoolboygodno9
16/08/2012, 8:58 AM
believe they had only 3 at first training session
Unreal why go senior unless they had the players in place a joke of a club

razor
16/08/2012, 10:58 AM
I met a few of the blarney lads last weekend and they were very optimistic about the new season, Allan Weldon back as well to full fitness. Some result there though, right hammering.6 or 7 of the U19s played very well against Blackburn Rovers last Sunday and with their league starting this week they looked in fine fettle.

jimhacker
16/08/2012, 12:51 PM
Very tough game for us but good to see what level we need to get at to get out of the 1st division.

You'll have no trouble at all getting out of that division.

Just not by the exit you expected!:D

greengrass
16/08/2012, 4:24 PM
any friendlys going ahead tonight lads?

oldlegs
16/08/2012, 5:41 PM
He is gone to Australia.His on the way back , fine keeper I presume he will be back into Bandon

Semipro
16/08/2012, 7:38 PM
Heard that afew of the loyal senior players with blarney are stayin until Xmas and if things haven't changed they are leaving... its only fair I suppose they don't have many years left playin want to keep Playing at the top level

Gobias
18/08/2012, 8:26 PM
Blarney United 1-0 Douglas Hall earlier today.

Well deserved win for Blarney, probably should have won by more. Hit the post a couple of times and had a couple cleared off the line. Good response from Blarney after the hammering mid-week.

Two Touch
19/08/2012, 12:12 PM
Mallow Utd 1-1 College Corinthians on the all weather pitch in Blarney yesterday.
Decent game on a humid day
Late equiliser for Corinthians

Goggs
19/08/2012, 2:19 PM
Mideton 5 leeside 0 very impressive display from new look Midleton side looked young and hungry

razor
19/08/2012, 4:03 PM
Avondale 2-1 Sheriff

http://www.fai.ie/domestic-a-grassroots/competitions/fai-junior-cup/102680.html

Goggs
19/08/2012, 7:05 PM
Midleton added many new faces?
Yea they had a few from cobhs under 19s from last season very good center forward to replace chubbs seem a bit ironic as cobh were playing on the next pitch been beaten by ringmahon if cobh could get all there players back from other clubs they could really challenge for honours.

the sub
19/08/2012, 10:01 PM
Yea they had a few from cobhs under 19s from last season very good center forward to replace chubbs seem a bit ironic as cobh were playing on the next pitch been beaten by ringmahon if cobh could get all there players back from other clubs they could really challenge for honours.

They played with cobh rambler .. Two player who were in 19s the other 6 I thing played for cobh ramblers and they played league of ireland reserve league for 3 years Also looking at ringmahon there was one player and wanders had two players ..when reserve season was over they used to play for both cobh teams who played aul football and msl and the when back to ramblers .. But this year due fai takeover there was no senior football .. Just under 19s league of ireland

Silly Billy G
20/08/2012, 8:26 AM
Blarney United 1-0 Douglas Hall earlier today.

Well deserved win for Blarney, probably should have won by more. Hit the post a couple of times and had a couple cleared off the line. Good response from Blarney after the hammering mid-week.

was this a friendly ?

Gobias
20/08/2012, 9:06 AM
was this a friendly ?Yes, played on Blarneys all weather pitch

eduardoed
20/08/2012, 11:38 AM
I am just enquiring to what would you need to start up a new team in the cork city area for the 2013/2014 season i supose?
I.e. Costs of entering the league
Other items that we would have to be able to play in the league.
I.e. types of insurance and pitches and jersey

el nino coro
21/08/2012, 12:49 AM

was chubbs there or did he do a runner??

Goggs
21/08/2012, 6:38 AM
Hes gone to Avondale

schoolboygodno9
21/08/2012, 9:26 PM
Rock mount 2 Glasheen 1

The Suit
21/08/2012, 9:56 PM
[MOD EDIT: Please don't post other people's email addresses in the clear.]

Eduardoed, there is a lot involved in establishing a new team/club so you would be looking at 2013/14 season at earliest.

In terms of info your best bet is probably to send an enquiry to Donal, munsterseniorleague AT eircom DOT net

Best of luck with your efforts!

Clifford
21/08/2012, 10:40 PM
Fermoy beat Leeside 1-0 tonight. They were obv smarting after the heavy defeat v Midleton and didn't bother with too much attacking but were set up well defensively and were decent in possession. Couple of right hot heads who might struggle with discipline this season but hopefully not as they played nice football. Some racy tackles as well, but I assume that was after a rocket following a defeat.

From our point of view some of the football was good considering we've worked mostly on fitness til now. Better finishing would have seen it finish 3/4 nil but on we go.

Roll on Keane cup next Thursday away to ringmahon.

bluey
22/08/2012, 12:15 AM
As said above Fermoy 1-0 Leeside. Good game of football played on a fantastic surface down in Fermoy. Yes we had a very bad result v midleton on sunday morning with what was a depleted squad, the exact same as tonight. We are not a team for making excuses, but up to now we have not had our first team out together in any friendly fixture yet and wont do for the keane cup either as 5 lads (senior team) are on holidays since saturday for the next 2 weeks. Tonight we only had 12, would of been easy to shy out of the game, wouldnt do it as i heard there was 2/3 teams done that to ye last week. Started 2 night with 5 junior members, 1 in centre mid at the age of 45 and 1 up front at the age of 37! Anyway thats that. Honestly, 2 bad tackles by our lads tonight, 1 early, 1 late, that was it. Both teams had a few late by harmless challenges. As said earlier good game of football by both sides, fermoy created most of chances in first half and struck 4 min before the half. 2nd half Fermoy on top for first 15 but after that Leeside piled on the pressure and created 3/4 good chances. Clifford, if up to now ye have only focused on fitness, ye better keep going with that cause the last 20 ye looked out on yere feet. Im sorry but i think ye are going to really struggle in the premier this year, i would say ye are a banker to go down. but only reason i am not saying that yet is because of yere keeper, 2 top drawer saves tonight in fairness, devine will never loose it. At the end of the day ye need to remember that there was a difference of 2 divisions betwwen teams tonight and 1 team with nearly 50% of juniors. Best of luck to fermoy for the rest of the season, very nice hosts and you never know we might cross paths again during the season.

Two Touch
22/08/2012, 9:40 AM
As said above Fermoy 1-0 Leeside. Good game of football played on a fantastic surface down in Fermoy. Yes we had a very bad result v midleton on sunday morning with what was a depleted squad, the exact same as tonight. We are not a team for making excuses, but up to now we have not had our first team out together in any friendly fixture yet and wont do for the keane cup either as 5 lads (senior team) are on holidays since saturday for the next 2 weeks. Tonight we only had 12, would of been easy to shy out of the game, wouldnt do it as i heard there was 2/3 teams done that to ye last week. Started 2 night with 5 junior members, 1 in centre mid at the age of 45 and 1 up front at the age of 37! Anyway thats that. Honestly, 2 bad tackles by our lads tonight, 1 early, 1 late, that was it. Both teams had a few late by harmless challenges. As said earlier good game of football by both sides, fermoy created most of chances in first half and struck 4 min before the half. 2nd half Fermoy on top for first 15 but after that Leeside piled on the pressure and created 3/4 good chances. Clifford, if up to now ye have only focused on fitness, ye better keep going with that cause the last 20 ye looked out on yere feet. Im sorry but i think ye are going to really struggle in the premier this year, i would say ye are a banker to go down. but only reason i am not saying that yet is because of yere keeper, 2 top drawer saves tonight in fairness, devine will never loose it. At the end of the day ye need to remember that there was a difference of 2 divisions betwwen teams tonight and 1 team with nearly 50% of juniors. Best of luck to fermoy for the rest of the season, very nice hosts and you never know we might cross paths again during the season.

I think the above statement is a little unfair on Fermoy. If they struggle, so be it, it won't be for the lack of trying but to say they are 'banker' for relegation is quite unfair. Afterall, you are making that statment after seeing them in pre-season. Remember it's PRE-SEASON!

I think Fermoy will be competitve, i know some of the lads down there & have played against them many times over the years. I don't think Fermoy will be the 'worst' team in the division & will every chance of staying up. You heard it here first ;)

Clifford
22/08/2012, 10:27 AM

The beauty of football eh, all about opinions. Best of luck to ye.

ringmahon4ever
22/08/2012, 10:34 AM
Fermoy beat Leeside 1-0 tonight. They were obv smarting after the heavy defeat v Midleton and didn't bother with too much attacking but were set up well defensively and were decent in possession. Couple of right hot heads who might struggle with discipline this season but hopefully not as they played nice football. Some racy tackles as well, but I assume that was after a rocket following a defeat.

From our point of view some of the football was good considering we've worked mostly on fitness til now. Better finishing would have seen it finish 3/4 nil but on we go.

Roll on Keane cup next Thursday away to ringmahon.
One sugar or two sugar Clifford

zicorossi
22/08/2012, 10:41 AM
As said above Fermoy 1-0 Leeside. Good game of football played on a fantastic surface down in Fermoy. Yes we had a very bad result v midleton on sunday morning with what was a depleted squad, the exact same as tonight. We are not a team for making excuses, but up to now we have not had our first team out together in any friendly fixture yet and wont do for the keane cup either as 5 lads (senior team) are on holidays since saturday for the next 2 weeks. Tonight we only had 12, would of been easy to shy out of the game, wouldnt do it as i heard there was 2/3 teams done that to ye last week. Started 2 night with 5 junior members, 1 in centre mid at the age of 45 and 1 up front at the age of 37! Anyway thats that. Honestly, 2 bad tackles by our lads tonight, 1 early, 1 late, that was it. Both teams had a few late by harmless challenges. As said earlier good game of football by both sides, fermoy created most of chances in first half and struck 4 min before the half. 2nd half Fermoy on top for first 15 but after that Leeside piled on the pressure and created 3/4 good chances. Clifford, if up to now ye have only focused on fitness, ye better keep going with that cause the last 20 ye looked out on yere feet. Im sorry but i think ye are going to really struggle in the premier this year, i would say ye are a banker to go down. but only reason i am not saying that yet is because of yere keeper, 2 top drawer saves tonight in fairness, devine will never loose it. At the end of the day ye need to remember that there was a difference of 2 divisions betwwen teams tonight and 1 team with nearly 50% of juniors. Best of luck to fermoy for the rest of the season, very nice hosts and you never know we might cross paths again during the season. you do make excuses when the glen played you ..you had both dressing rooms taken up....like i said to booboy il see you back in aul lol

Clifford
22/08/2012, 10:41 AM
I think the above statement is a little unfair on Fermoy. If they struggle, so be it, it won't be for the lack of trying but to say they are 'banker' for relegation is quite unfair. Afterall, you are making that statment after seeing them in pre-season. Remember it's PRE-SEASON!

I think Fermoy will be competitve, i know some of the lads down there & have played against them many times over the years. I don't think Fermoy will be the 'worst' team in the division & will every chance of staying up. You heard it here first ;)

Fair play TT, yeah it was a pre season game and we treated it as thus. Players out of position and looking at a few different bodies - 4 new local lads (who have never played MSL) involved to add to the depth of our light local squad. We're under no illusions as to the challenge we face and Bluey isn't offending anyone with his opinion, all teams climbing a division will take a while to adapt, but I don't think anyone will begrudge us being there after three years knocking on the door.

I assure you no one will have it easy against us.

Clifford
22/08/2012, 11:10 AM
One sugar or two sugar Clifford

2 for me as usual. Make sure you introduce yourself to me this time bud.

Looking forward to it, always tough up with you boys. Hope all is going well.

Eric
22/08/2012, 12:43 PM
Lee side will be worth watching this season if only to hear the stuff last night's number 9, Ricky, comes out with. It's like he's starring in his own version of FIFA 12 or something ha ha Tidy player though.

My first time seeing Leeside last night and think they'll do well in the 2nd Division this year. Some nice ball players mixed with some hard, bordering on red card, type players!

zicorossi
22/08/2012, 1:09 PM
Lee side will be worth watching this season if only to hear the stuff last night's number 9, Ricky, comes out with. It's like he's starring in his own version of FIFA 12 or something ha ha Tidy player though.

My first time seeing Leeside last night and think they'll do well in the 2nd Division this year. Some nice ball players mixed with some hard, bordering on red card, type players!hes the best player they have ...i think they will find it hard .when they lose they have excuse not a good sign ..or their short..gettings will carry them .

ringmahon4ever
22/08/2012, 1:30 PM
2 for me as usual. Make sure you introduce yourself to me this time bud.

Looking forward to it, always tough up with you boys. Hope all is going well.

Ah but then my identity Will be revealed ha ha. Yeah everything seems good from what i hear and see.good square with some new additions and players up from junior team.only time Will tell but as you know yourself the 1st decision is very tough

el nino coro
22/08/2012, 1:33 PM
Rockmount 4-0 Glasheen last night...good work out for the whitechurch club ahead of the trip to youghal friday night.

corkgaffer
22/08/2012, 2:12 PM
All in all a very competitive game last night in Fermoy. It was a shame that the ref saw fit to get involved with the game as much as he did early on and a blanket approach to playing the advantage every time isn't always to everyone's liking. When that blew over the football ensued and to be fair to both teams they tried to play it right up until the final whistle. Both teams seem to have put a big effort into preseason and looked sharp fit and physically very capable but like ourselves Fermoy looked short of a few players. Whats been very noticeable this season is that there is no real mid table status about the MSL Premier and there will be a lot of teams that will take points of each other. Home advantage and as many 3 points at home will be crucial throughout the season for a lot of sides. Apart form Avondale who seem to tick all the boxes there will be points there for clubs to pick up and I can the the bottom half of the table being very tight and depending how perennial nearly men Mayfield, along with UCC and Corinthians fare against the lesser sides as such this season its an added dimension to the league itself. There seems to be a lot of transition this year at some clubs such as the Hall, Everton and Midleton and maybe this transition could play a part who knows. Mick Devine looked very solid last night and was able to take the sting out of the game when we were pressing late in the second half. Both sides had chances with both enjoying good possession but Fermoy did look a bit jaded towards the end. Mick pulled of 3 great saves in the last 15 minutes and was very instrumental in the final stages of the game. In fairness to the ref he ensured changes to be made quickly throughout and never let the game die as a contest which can happen in preseason a lot. Both teams mixed it well throughout the game and both were guilty of the odd heavy handed tackle but nothing to much to worry about. Technically I think we looked very comfortable on the ball and moved it very well when we needed to. Fermoy did lose shape the odd time when the ball was played but id say lack of game time and the few changes made exacerbated that to an extent. Leeside as a club are progressing and learning as they go with the encouraging aspect of it all is that everyone at the club are buying into the new ethos and proving very fast learners indeed. Big changes are taking place in terms of personnel and club structures and its an exiting time and its great to be part of it. Every fixture we play against good MSL premier teams helps us get used to the physical and technical demands of the long season ahead. Very few teams will enjoy coming to little Island this season and like most clubs if we can get our heads around travelling I expect us to do well. A few more additions are needed and some have already been added today but the club are on the lookout for a few more technically minded players having lost 2 to UCC recently. We hope to add a bit more depth to the squad prior to the league campaign and our ethos and style of play is helping us make fans and attract the right sort of player needed at the club.We see the Keane cup as a way of looking at these players and if suitable helping them bed into the squad. All in we are looking forward to the season ahead and with the 2 or 3 more addition planned we'll be a real handful.

corkgaffer
22/08/2012, 2:23 PM
Ricky's a fine player and a credit to the club but so are the other 15 players on the panel. We play good football as a unit and Ricky does a great job of contributing to it. As for your blind faith in Glen Celtic its as misguided as your belief that we will struggle. We'll get by playing our football without a doubt. Everyone on their day has excuses for their play and ultimately their behavior. Whats your excuse for Glen Celtic and their behavior?

Boc 123
23/08/2012, 9:24 AM
hes the best player they have ...i think they will find it hard .when they lose they have excuse not a good sign ..or their short..gettings will carry them .

looking forward to seeing Leeside in MSL 2nd Division to be honest zico Ricky is good and turning into a fine player and playing Higher standard of football will help both him and Leeside the world of good , The AUL offer nothing to clubs in the terms of support so fair Play to all the Clubs that moved over to MSL they are adding to a strong MSL and Cork Football

zicorossi
23/08/2012, 10:07 PM
Ricky's a fine player and a credit to the club but so are the other 15 players on the panel. We play good football as a unit and Ricky does a great job of contributing to it. As for your blind faith in Glen Celtic its as misguided as your belief that we will struggle. We'll get by playing our football without a doubt. Everyone on their day has excuses for their play and ultimately their behavior. Whats your excuse for Glen Celtic and their behavior?our behavior i have not seen anything wrong since i join glen celtic to be honest and im being honest at end of leeside game it was all hand shakes with the players.leeside wer good on the nite we beat them thats it .take your defeat and move on ok as for lad gettins fantastic ,hard working and never gave up .he was the best player on the pitch.leeside a great club .

Dixie's Cousin
24/08/2012, 10:04 AM
Harmless plug lads, check out my fundraising page. All donations go to Marymount!

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/sitthrusomethingyoucantstand/

Chiefscout
24/08/2012, 10:31 AM
Nice touch Dixie.great cause.......looks like a wash out for the weekend lads

striker09
25/08/2012, 9:08 AM
leeside v midleton 3 o clock in little island

bluey
25/08/2012, 5:17 PM
Leeside 2-1 Midleton today in keane cup at Leeside park. Great game of ball by both teams.

pacman
25/08/2012, 5:40 PM
Leeside 2-1 Midleton today in keane cup at Leeside park. Great game of ball by both teams.
Some result there Bluey. Didnt they thump ye 5-0 only last week?
A week is a long time in football i guess

Radiostar
25/08/2012, 8:43 PM
That's some turnaround for Leeside, great start to senior football.

Horse24
25/08/2012, 9:26 PM
looking forward to seeing Leeside in MSL 2nd Division to be honest zico Ricky is good and turning into a fine player and playing Higher standard of football will help both him and Leeside the world of good , The AUL offer nothing to clubs in the terms of support so fair Play to all the Clubs that moved over to MSL they are adding to a strong MSL and Cork Football A bit harsh on the AUL - someone has to look after the non senior sides cos not sure it's top of MSL priority within clubs or leagues. I said it before one pathway from Avondale to lowest junior side is what's needed with criteria off the field needed for certain promotions. As far as I know it isn't the AUL who put in the glass ceiling! An example, I see this guy whose club have been in the lower reaches for a decade or more. He is there at training all winter long even if they concede a lot in one game as they did last season. Laying out the cones, carrying two bags from the car. Who should look after him? Guys off the field are the same on every club are the same, just different crests. Everyone needs to be looked after.One league, one pathway. The M has been a C for a while now.

Goggs
26/08/2012, 6:44 AM
Didnt see the game yesterday bluey I was working who was the better side was that the junior team that midleton beat last week.

Clifford
26/08/2012, 6:11 PM
Fermoy 2-1 Mayfield this morning in a challenge. As with the other night results are academic at this stage and a good work out is all thats looked for. Both sides can take a lot from today, going at it hammer and tongs with fellas showing they want to fight for a place on the starting 11's next month. Great tempo to the game from start to finish I thought, superb early goal from Mayfield, 4 one touch passes culminating in a super finish. Our equaliser was a quickly taken free kick, always nice to see thinking on the feet. Winner came late on, great finish from one of our young crop. Happy out with the day out.

Thanks to the Mayfield lads for coming down, best of luck for the season (cept when against us eh!!)

Boc 123
27/08/2012, 12:09 PM
A bit harsh on the AUL - someone has to look after the non senior sides cos not sure it's top of MSL priority within clubs or leagues. I said it before one pathway from Avondale to lowest junior side is what's needed with criteria off the field needed for certain promotions. As far as I know it isn't the AUL who put in the glass ceiling! An example, I see this guy whose club have been in the lower reaches for a decade or more. He is there at training all winter long even if they concede a lot in one game as they did last season. Laying out the cones, carrying two bags from the car. Who should look after him? Guys off the field are the same on every club are the same, just different crests. Everyone needs to be looked after.One league, one pathway. The M has been a C for a while now.

my point there Horse was the face that there is loads of SO Called PUB teams in the Cork AUL and there is very little requirements on locations , Pitches , Facilities , Etc going into new teams or teams within the AUL , they should have rules stating the Premier And Premier A and so on for the following facilities , They provide very little funding to any teams within the AUL in my honest opinion , People are still getting changed for matches in Shacks or huts and i know this is not all local AUL and the FAI have a lot to be held for with local soccer but this is why in my view the MSL is better that the AUL

Horse24
27/08/2012, 8:50 PM
my point there Horse was the face that there is loads of SO Called PUB teams in the Cork AUL and there is very little requirements on locations , Pitches , Facilities , Etc going into new teams or teams within the AUL , they should have rules stating the Premier And Premier A and so on for the following facilities , They provide very little funding to any teams within the AUL in my honest opinion , People are still getting changed for matches in Shacks or huts and i know this is not all local AUL and the FAI have a lot to be held for with local soccer but this is why in my view the MSL is better that the AUL

No dig at you Boc - as you said action needs to come from elsewhere. Surely the FAI or one of their affialites needs to look after the pub teams too? T

he AUL did come up with the plan as you suggested. It began in 2007 or 08 like lots of plans did. Ask Sean Quinn or Brian Cowen how plans started at that time workd out!! They suspended it for obvious financial reasons.

As for little support, the 200k hole in the funds may have something to do with that. My club is that so called pub team - we are only 13 years old and fell into dressing rooms & showers this season. We were lucky. Our accounts dont show too much after a home/away fortnight. We have to keep costs for the players who dont have it. Just off the top of my head, of our 16 for the next game, 50% are unemployed.

Some teams do stand still and dont want to progress but they are a small minority. Teams like ours who improve on and off the field most seasons should not be stopped by a glass ceiling. If, in a decades time, we have dominated the AUL, ala Kinsale in the last decade, then there shouldnt be a glass ceiling in place. If we have our facilities in place and our academy etc, then we shouldnt have to feel like we have to stab the AUL to progress.

Clifford
28/08/2012, 10:37 PM
Any scores from tonight?

casilles
29/08/2012, 2:44 PM
Blarney St Ath looking for a game this weekend if interested contact Eddie at 0863775408

Eric
30/08/2012, 7:59 PM
Ringmahon 2 - 2 Fermoy in the Keane Cup tonight.

oldlegs
30/08/2012, 8:16 PM
Any news on leeside Bandon game