PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Reznik
17/05/2012, 10:54 PM
Just reading back over the posts from the last 24hours and the general concensus seems to be that Blarneys downfall seems to stem from all these ''outsiders'' coming in and ruining the team. My question is though, Was this not roughly the exact same team ( 1 or 2 additions ) that came 5th last season, won the beamish and o'connell cup and were beaten in the final of the Keane cup? Come on people you have to take the good times with the bad..... Stop pointing fingers like kids in a school yard!!! In my opinion i think that injuries to key players was the main factor in a poor league campaign.

Carpet
18/05/2012, 1:59 AM
Ah Reznik come on. On paper that 'team' should have easily been at least mid table but football isn't played on paper. I have never ever in my lifetime seen a senior team so unfit. It was embarrassing to watch never mind if you were involved. That obviously shows a lack of commitment. And when you couple that with no heart,no desire,no drive,no stomach for the battle that's why ye went down. Can you honestly tell me that if that team was packed with 11 inferior local players that those 11 lads wouldn't have been fitter,wouldn't have more heart and desire,that they wouldn't give they're last drop for the club? I think you know the answer yourself. I remember watching Blarney yrs ago and the fight ye had was unbelievable,we used to dread going out there and I know every other team in Cork felt the same. Now it's an easy 3 pts. The heart and soul has been ripped out of that club. So let me ask you is it better to get relegated with a team of outsiders or a team of Blarney men?
There was a time that ye were everbodys second club,something to be admired with the way ye built the club from the ground now I'd be surprised if there was a tear shed outside of Tower last night. It's sad but somebody in your club should stand up and say it

Silly Billy G
18/05/2012, 10:33 AM
Just reading back over the posts from the last 24hours and the general concensus seems to be that Blarneys downfall seems to stem from all these ''outsiders'' coming in and ruining the team. My question is though, Was this not roughly the exact same team ( 1 or 2 additions ) that came 5th last season, won the beamish and o'connell cup and were beaten in the final of the Keane cup? Come on people you have to take the good times with the bad..... Stop pointing fingers like kids in a school yard!!! In my opinion i think that injuries to key players was the main factor in a poor league campaign.

I am not pointing fingers in the slightest. I said Pat Keane and Allan Weldons injuries (and Dave Aherne leaving too) all were huge factors in the relegation. And the team are still in both the cups that they won last season so could win both of them again this season.

greengrass
18/05/2012, 5:18 PM
I am not pointing fingers in the slightest. I said Pat Keane and Allan Weldons injuries (and Dave Aherne leaving too) all were huge factors in the relegation. And the team are still in both the cups that they won last season so could win both of them again this season.

the same dave ahern who couldnt get a look in for the seniors so went playing junior and rockmount snapped him up january 2011?

Chiefscout
18/05/2012, 7:50 PM
Great gesture from cork city tonight to have the Avondale lads parade the intermediate cup at half time in their match

bluey
19/05/2012, 12:03 AM
I find that very hard to believe, john ryan aka goggs heading up to Mayfield. Mayfield have been going well enough of late. Why would they bring a fella in who has nearly relegated midleton in the last 2 seasons, it took the club to get rid of him early this year to give them any hope of staying up. I think Tadhg has a lot more cop on than that.. To come on the other night and pretty much slate the top manager in the league for the past few seasons if not ever in the senior league for "long ball tactics" was poor, was more like sour grapes i say!!! Billy cronin has turned teams from in terms of cars "little mini's" to ferrari in his years. Anyway if ryan is going to mayfield its off to cashmans or paddy powers to get odds on mayfield for the drop next season!!!

Chiefscout
19/05/2012, 12:05 PM
I find that very hard to believe, john ryan aka goggs heading up to Mayfield. Mayfield have been going well enough of late. Why would they bring a fella in who has nearly relegated midleton in the last 2 seasons, it took the club to get rid of him early this year to give them any hope of staying up. I think Tadhg has a lot more cop on than that.. To come on the other night and pretty much slate the top manager in the league for the past few seasons if not ever in the senior league for "long ball tactics" was poor, was more like sour grapes i say!!! Billy cronin has turned teams from in terms of cars "little mini's" to ferrari in his years. Anyway if ryan is going to mayfield its off to cashmans or paddy powers to get odds on mayfield for the drop next season!!!
My apologies..Ryan to be number 2 to tadhg

villaman10
19/05/2012, 12:06 PM

jack, u seem to have a problem with all things midleton, a couple of pages back you can be quoted slating there junior team after they beat ye in the fai junior cup,( maybe you shoudn't of got sent off!!) now having a pop off their past manager! before you reply back to me now with some more anti midleton guff< maybe you should have a look at some facts. john ryan took over midleton in the 2nd division and got them promoted, 1st year up in division 1, they stayed up and won the pop kelleher cup while the other promoted team lakewood finished bottom of the table by a country mile, 2nd year they won the 1st division got go the munster senior cup final against waterford and won m.s.l tam of the year( other promoted team tramore finished bottom of the leauge by a mile as well)! last year in their first year back in the premier division they stayed up got to the 1/4 final of intermiedate cup, first round of fai cup proper, and this year he resigned, the club wanted him to stay on but he felt that it wasn't working so after giving the club notice he stayed on an extra week or 2 until they found a replacement in mark duggan to take charge for the rest of the season! its 10 o'clock now here in oz, i'm going for a pint after that rant! :-)

Nedge
19/05/2012, 2:48 PM
Irish Sport Summit taking place in cork next friday 25th, discussing the impact of worsening economic picture is having on the Irish sporting environment and look at ways of addressing the issues through co-operation and innovation. Check out http://www.irishsportssummit.com/ for more details.

Goggs
19/05/2012, 5:05 PM
Wow bluey thats some rant to be honest it doesnt bother me where he goes next season hes not with us any more and I tend to agree he could have done more at Midleton as I think for the catchment area and facilities Midleton should be a top club,I think Duggan could bring them to the top in time I just don't want to pay my 3 euros in every week to see 11 outsiders hoofing the ball to kingdom come. I know you have had a tough year bluey in both senior and junior and maybe that hurt has clouded your jugement but read the post again nobodys disputing his credentials.Its his style of play I don't like and the potential of losing our home based players.To sum it up Bluey I don't want Midleton to sell there soul like Blarney did and end up like ye no home based players no support any more just the lower divisions to look forward to.

Cici900
19/05/2012, 6:06 PM
Congratulations to everyone involved with avondale on league and cup double. Great achievement. Very sad to see so few people at game today when they got league title. Must be disheartening for everyone at the club after the great work they put in this year

Clifford
20/05/2012, 12:07 PM
Yeeeeeeesssssssss. Fermoy are going up. 1-0 win vs carrig this morn.

No idea how we weren't 4 down at ht. but we went in one up and could have made that 3/4 in sec half.

Unbelievable end to a long season.

razor
20/05/2012, 12:36 PM
Well Done Cliffy
Looking forward to seeing ye next season.

AvondaleNutter
20/05/2012, 12:40 PM

No idea how we weren't 4 down at ht. but we went in one up and could have made that 3/4 in sec half.

Delighted for ye Clifford. Best of luck next year

Glenbuck
20/05/2012, 2:40 PM

Unbelievable end to a long season. Well done kid....see you soon..the kettle is on.

carrigrock
20/05/2012, 2:47 PM
congrats to cliffy and all da fermoy boys massive season well done lads

Clifford
20/05/2012, 4:14 PM
Thanks lads. Hope we can handle ourselves up there now. Any decent players looking to come and play in the country let me know!!!!

Chiefscout
20/05/2012, 4:20 PM
Thanks lads. Hope we can handle ourselves up there now. Any decent players looking to come and play in the country let me know!!!!
Coker might join ye from blarney seeing that he has played for every other premier team :-)

Goggs
20/05/2012, 5:44 PM
Well done clifford all the hard work has paid off well deserved

thebooboys
20/05/2012, 6:48 PM
Wow bluey thats some rant to be honest it doesnt bother me where he goes next season hes not with us any more and I tend to agree he could have done more at Midleton as I think for the catchment area and facilities Midleton should be a top club,I think Duggan could bring them to the top in time I just don't want to pay my 3 euros in every week to see 11 outsiders hoofing the ball to kingdom come. I know you have had a tough year bluey in both senior and junior and maybe that hurt has clouded your jugement but read the post again nobodys disputing his credentials.Its his style of play I don't like and the potential of losing our home based players.To sum it up Bluey I don't want Midleton to sell there soul like Blarney did and end up like ye no home based players no support any more just the lower divisions to look forward to.

Just cause your having a tiff with "Bluey" I thought you'd have more cop on than to target Leeside in general? Fair enough, crap season at all levels but to say ewe have an all outsider team is rubbish. This year Keith Shaw, Steven Hackett and Mousey are the only "outsiders". The rest is fairly much the same since 2007, all Parish players

footiefanatic
20/05/2012, 6:56 PM

Congrats Clifford! Great game this morning! we gave it a right ol rattle early on, but just couldn't finish our chances, few great saves by Devine and bad finishing on our part! Once ye got the goal, always an uphill battle. But to be fair ye could, and should, have put it beyond doubt in the 2nd half with plenty of chances! Best of luck in the premier next year, should well be able to hold your own from what i have seen from ye this year anyway!

striker9
20/05/2012, 7:40 PM
Just cause your having a tiff with "Bluey" I thought you'd have more cop on than to target Leeside in general? Fair enough, crap season at all levels but to say ewe have an all outsider team is rubbish. This year Keith Shaw, Steven Hackett and Mousey are the only "outsiders". The rest is fairly much the same since 2007, all Parish players
He's on about what he thinks midleton will be like next year.

thebooboys
20/05/2012, 8:31 PM
He's on about what he thinks midleton will be like next year.

This is what he said.............
"to sum it up Bluey I don't want Midleton to sell there soul like Blarney did and end up like ye no home based players no support any more just the lower divisions to look forward to". :)

wesleyBHFC
20/05/2012, 9:10 PM
Rockmount 2-3 Blarney. good result for Blarney. Turners cross for the final next week against Corinthians or Avondale!!

the hawk
20/05/2012, 9:49 PM
Rockmount 2-3 Blarney. good result for Blarney. Turners cross for the final next week against Corinthians or Avondale!!

It's against Everton or corinthians .Everton beat Avondale in the beamish but Avondale beat everton in the O'Connell cup

Really hope Blarney go on to win i aftersuch a disappointing season

Clifford
20/05/2012, 11:20 PM
Congrats Clifford! Great game this morning! we gave it a right ol rattle early on, but just couldn't finish our chances, few great saves by Devine and bad finishing on our part! Once ye got the goal, always an uphill battle. But to be fair ye could, and should, have put it beyond doubt in the 2nd half with plenty of chances! Best of luck in the premier next year, should well be able to hold your own from what i have seen from ye this year anyway!

Fair play lad. It was bizarre how ye didn't score from the great chances early doors and when we got the goal on half time if sucked the energy outta ye.

Again I say this div 1 is an awesome league. Wouldn't fancy having a shot at it this time round with cit and youghal joining Leeds and blarney.

We'll have a right go next season and battle til the end to stay up. Good luck to you lads.

Goggs
21/05/2012, 6:51 AM
I have no idea what your on about I never mentioned Leeside

ball-hop
21/05/2012, 7:33 AM

Well done to everyone in Fermoy, Cliff - welcome back to Premier Ranks.....

Chiefscout
21/05/2012, 8:13 PM
Cors 2 Everton 0...cors v blarney final

Ovensjourneyman
23/05/2012, 7:37 PM
Shocked to see Blarney were relegated, what went wrong, cant be that much wrong if they managed to get to 2 cup finals?

AvondaleNutter
23/05/2012, 8:27 PM
O'Connell cup qtr final
Corinthians 1- 2 Avondale

AvondaleNutter
25/05/2012, 6:04 PM
Leeside AFC are now accepting applications for the position of first team Manager for next season.
Those interested in applying, please contact club secretary Barry Cotter at:
087-3518396 OR email him @ b-cotter-bc@hotmail.com
CLOSING DATE FRIDAY 8th JUNE
What division are leeside going into bluey?

Clifford
28/05/2012, 9:39 PM
Who is off to the AGM tomorrow night? Is it worth going to? I suppose the addition of the AUL teams will have to be announced on the night. What time does Chiefscout stand up and give his top 5 predicted moves of the summer? Who can we have down here in small ould Fermoy Chief? Can you sort out someone decent for the left wing?

I predict it'll be eventful. Will they slip Cork City into the Prem?

I'll sing My home in Fermoy if anyone needs me to......;):D

razor
29/05/2012, 8:29 AM
Who is off to the AGM tomorrow night?Is this clashing with the the O'Connell Cup Semi Final?
Typical MSL organisation. :D

Southsider
29/05/2012, 5:35 PM
Casement going back in to the 2nd division for the coming season.

Shilts
29/05/2012, 6:34 PM
Should the MSL allow Cork City to put a team back into the league?
Will this mean top players being poached?
Will this mean amateur players playing against pros?
Will this mean runaway league wins for City in the early years as they work themselves up the divisions?

Would a Cork City team in the MSL be good for the local clubs??

I think clubs should be careful if asked to vote on this issue at the AGM tomorrow night!!!

AvondaleNutter
29/05/2012, 8:08 PM
Leeds 2 - 5 Avondale. Good showing by Leeds in the first half and they were leading at half time. Avondale were streets ahead of them in the 2nd. Leeds just ran out of steam. Final next thurs which will be the last game of a very long season

Dixie's Cousin
30/05/2012, 9:12 AM
Anything big from the AGM last night?

Clifford
30/05/2012, 5:57 PM
Nothing at all mentioned apparently about the new teams.

ringmahon4ever
30/05/2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah they have til July the 1st to declare if they want to enter league. Heard that wilton won't be applying but it says different on aul forum.anybody hear anymore. With regards to cork city i don't think it would be good for league.cannot see these players signing up for second division when most top teams in premier Will be tapping them up

six-yard-box
30/05/2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah they have til July the 1st to declare if they want to enter league. Heard that wilton won't be applying but it says different on aul forum.anybody hear anymore. With regards to cork city i don't think it would be good for league.cannot see these players signing up for second division when most top teams in premier Will be tapping them up
Ye hold on to most of that youth team tonight. Ye'll have a belting side in a few years time.

ringmahon4ever
30/05/2012, 11:07 PM
Ye hold on to most of that youth team tonight. Ye'll have a belting side in a few years time.

Great game wasn't it.went right to the end.very hard to hold onto players.past few season.s we seem to be a feeder club for the league of Ireland club.s.there after tapping up two or three from that team for next season all ready .some of them played junior and senior this year..that's our aim to bring all the youth trough. Did you enjoy the game

six-yard-box
31/05/2012, 12:44 AM
Great game wasn't it.went right to the end.very hard to hold onto players.past few season.s we seem to be a feeder club for the league of Ireland club.s.there after tapping up two or three from that team for next season all ready .some of them played junior and senior this year..that's our aim to bring all the youth trough. Did you enjoy the game
Ya I know they knicked a few from that team already did they? Ya enjoyed the game that young fella Browne is a gem of a player. There line got him sent off too there always the same tho that club. Ye showed great character as I thought ye went out of the game after going 1 up!! Saw 2 city lads alright on the side be a shame if a few of them players ended up there playing div 2. While Yere in div 1.

duckdu
31/05/2012, 9:19 AM

cork city are definitely putting a team into the 2nd division have that from a very good source,wilton have applyed along with leeside and kinsale.

Reznik
31/05/2012, 1:08 PM
Best of luck to Blarney tonight in the Beamish Cup Final. Hopefully we can retain the silverware and finish the season on a high! Team really looking like they are up for another trip to the cross which is beginning to become a home from home the last few seasons...

ringmahon4ever
31/05/2012, 5:59 PM
Ya I know they knicked a few from that team already did they? Ya enjoyed the game that young fella Browne is a gem of a player. There line got him sent off too there always the same tho that club. Ye showed great character as I thought ye went out of the game after going 1 up!! Saw 2 city lads alright on the side be a shame if a few of them players ended up there playing div 2. While Yere in div 1.

Yeah the league of Ireland club.s are sniffing mad.city and limerick. Alan brown his name.unreal player.he won league with the 17s team as well.played for Ireland this year and was across water having trials ..terrible decision to send him off .i think the ref done it just to even up numbers.defo it was over there line.no need for it.
I personaly wouldn't want city in the league but everyone has there opinion

Chiefscout
31/05/2012, 6:40 PM
Corinthians 1 up after 5 mins

Chiefscout
31/05/2012, 6:42 PM
2 up now

AvondaleNutter
31/05/2012, 8:30 PM
2 up now

Did it finish 2-0 chief?

Chiefscout
31/05/2012, 8:58 PM
Did it finish 2-0 chief?
Ya.was 2-0 when I left with few minutes to go.dont ever bring an old doll to a cup final lads..Corinthians well worth the win