PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

ball-hop
12/03/2012, 7:19 AM
Disappointing result yesterday. Same old story, had plenty of the ball and played good football, but didn't create many openings. The league this season looks done and dusted after Avondale's win on Friday night.

townhall tez
12/03/2012, 12:37 PM
Disappointing result yesterday. Same old story, had plenty of the ball and played good football, but didn't create many openings. The league this season looks done and dusted after Avondale's win on Friday night.
Great to see Decky back playing senior ball hop,huge boost for everybody involved with the club. He is a player who can make things happen,maybe that's all that's been missing.

razor
12/03/2012, 1:19 PM
True for you Razor, you would think the FAI would have more cop on. ha ha.
Nearly four thousand at the Cross and about 20 in Whitechurch.
It's a shame a top game like Rockmount - Avondale didn't have a bigger crowd.

beautiful game
12/03/2012, 1:24 PM
Attendances are shocking. Very deflating for good players to be playing in front of a handful of people.

It will never change unless it's a play-off or a cup final and you might get a couple of hundred then if you're lucky.

Chiefscout
12/03/2012, 2:38 PM
Great to see Decky back playing senior ball hop,huge boost for everybody involved with the club. He is a player who can make things happen,maybe that's all that's been missing.

And what a difference he made.ha ha

el nino coro
12/03/2012, 6:52 PM
It's a shame a top game like Rockmount - Avondale didn't have a bigger crowd.

The standard in the munster senior league is shocking apart from a handful of games,have to be realistic,i mean what sort of numbers are ye looking for at MSL games? in saying that tho im not for one minute saying the standard out in turners cross is much better!

razor
12/03/2012, 7:13 PM
The standard in the munster senior league is shocking apart from a handful of games,have to be realistic,i mean what sort of numbers are ye looking for at MSL games? in saying that tho im not for one minute saying the standard out in turners cross is much better!i know what you're saying but there'd have been a good few that went to the Cross that would have went to Whitechurch had there not been a clash, regardless of the standard.

Glenbuck
12/03/2012, 8:23 PM
It's a shame a top game like Rockmount - Avondale didn't have a bigger crowd.Aahh there was more than 20 there. Went through a box and a half of tea bags at half time.

AvondaleNutter
12/03/2012, 9:22 PM
Aahh there was more than 20 there. Went through a box and a half of tea bags at half time.

The league is as good as over and that was before the rockmount game. I'm pretty sure if the league was tighter then people would have made the effort to go.

razor
12/03/2012, 10:20 PM
Aahh there was more than 20 there. Went through a box and a half of tea bags at half time.a ref, two linesmen and a box and a half of tea bags?
Ye surely made a loss on that? Especially if ye gave out biscuits :D

beautiful game
13/03/2012, 11:09 AM
Hopefully Everton can beat Phoenix in the replay and that semi-final with Everton should draw the biggest crowd of the season.

Standard is not bad in the league, there's some really class players in every team in the Premier Division and definitely more than a few in the First Division that would hold their own.

I think all the shouting from the line directed at officials spoils the games and it becomes a kicking match rather than a football match with the players being influenced by the negativity from the sidelines.

Avondale have a squad that would go close in the Airtricity First Division and I accept the rest are all huffing and puffing but there's plenty of quality around and no reason why there shouldn't be a decent crowd at most games.

Reznik
13/03/2012, 4:54 PM
The league is as good as over and that was before the rockmount game. I'm pretty sure if the league was tighter then people would have made the effort to go.

Exactly... Remember the crowd at Casement for the playoff between Hall and Mount....

AvondaleNutter
13/03/2012, 5:01 PM
Exactly... Remember the crowd at Casement for the playoff between Hall and Mount....

Yes there was a massive crowd at that game. It's a pity we won't see a game like that this year. The 1st div looks tight so that might draw a crowd for the final game hopefully

Reznik
13/03/2012, 7:09 PM
Yes there was a massive crowd at that game. It's a pity we won't see a game like that this year. The 1st div looks tight so that might draw a crowd for the final game hopefully
Didnt Fermoy and leeds have a playoff last season below in blarney, Dont know what kind of crowd was at it, Perhaps cliffy remembers???? ;)

Clifford
13/03/2012, 10:50 PM
There was a good crowd that night in Midleton Rez. Too good in fact so we endeavoured to scare them off by half time and it worked. Don't remind me of that night.

We hope to get a decent crowd Sunday for the visit of limerick city. If anyone's bored and wants a jaunt out to the sticks to clear the Paddys day hangover then come along. We re gonna go 3-2-5 formation against them. Might even boil a kettle. Glenbuck ya hear me!!!!

lawman
14/03/2012, 2:36 PM

saw him at a junior game in carrigaline where they trashed carrigaline and didnt even know he was there apart from watching the good play. he never moaned or bitc*ed once for the whole game. Reckon Tommy Corcoran has managed to put some manners on him. Haven't seen him since so I hope he has dealt with his demons and just plays ball, enjoys it, and entertains us with his creativeness. Probably too old for him to go on to bigger and better :)

Chiefscout
14/03/2012, 4:52 PM
saw him at a junior game in carrigaline where they trashed carrigaline and didnt even know he was there apart from watching the good play. he never moaned or bitc*ed once for the whole game. Reckon Tommy Corcoran has managed to put some manners on him. Haven't seen him since so I hope he has dealt with his demons and just plays ball, enjoys it, and entertains us with his creativeness. Probably too old for him to go on to bigger and better :)He will do well next year with avondale

el nino coro
15/03/2012, 8:44 PM
Rockmount V Mayfield called off due to fog!

Clifford
17/03/2012, 12:34 PM
Bandon 1-3 Ucc from division 1 this morning.

the hawk
17/03/2012, 1:51 PM
Avondale 7 - 0 Passage .Meade (4) ,O'Sullivan (3) match blown up 20 mins early

townhall tez
17/03/2012, 2:19 PM
Avondale 7 - 0 Passage .Meade (4) ,O'Sullivan (3) match blown up 20 mins early
Pitiful to watch,feel sorry for teams like Passage. They never stood a chance.

Dixie's Cousin
23/03/2012, 9:56 AM
Gone all quiet on here lads, people keeping their cards close to their chests?

http://coachingskills4life.blogspot.com/

Nedge
23/03/2012, 1:28 PM
Both First and secong divisions very close at the top? Who do people fancy to be promoted? Its pity for the teams in the premier that they will have to play lots of meaningless games to finish out the season, really didnt think it would be won so easy

Mighty almighty
24/03/2012, 12:00 AM
Gone all quiet on here lads, people keeping their cards close to their chests?

http://coachingskills4life.blogspot.com/

Blarney 2-3 Midleton
Another 3pts for magpies,think midleton just deserved there result.real battle down there now.interesting games to come.

Chiefscout
24/03/2012, 7:28 AM
Blarney look like they could be in big trouble if midleton can pick up another win.blarneys next win doesn't look to be coming at all.very poor side with no heart and sad to say a over the hill looking best player in ray o leary

code red
24/03/2012, 11:17 AM
Blarney look like they could be in big trouble if midleton can pick up another win.blarneys next win doesn't look to be coming at all.very poor side with no heart and sad to say a over the hill looking best player in ray o leary

"Over the hill best player". He has been Blarneys best player all year and every game that I have seen, he has been very good. I think the issue may be the players around him.They just do not work as hard as they should at this level.
I agree about the them being in trouble though.The seems to leak a few goals every game.The seem to be very beatable.
Midleton could yet get out of it.Big few weeks coming up.

Dixie's Cousin
24/03/2012, 4:15 PM
UCC 0-1 Castleview

Chiefscout
24/03/2012, 6:20 PM
Leeds 2 mayfield 0
Cors 0 marys 1

magpie
24/03/2012, 6:47 PM
Leeds 2 mayfield 0
Cors 0 marys 1

the fai cup could be a distraction from the league for cors this weekend coming, and might jst benefit midleton and other teams down around them.

jacksparrow
24/03/2012, 9:38 PM
an over the hill ray o leary... wat a nonsense comment... consistently puts everything he has into everygame and is a joy to watch.. has the ability to change a match in a second.

Chiefscout
24/03/2012, 10:55 PM
Ye must have the wrong o Leary.im on bout the halfway line hanging hoofing moaning fella that hasn't kicked a ball this season for his team.even that grey haired fella they got from marys has done more for blarney

Sparky
24/03/2012, 11:21 PM
Rockmount are not finished nor will they be. A bad season but I have no doubt they will be challenging next year, anyone who says anything else is not with it in my opinion.
Ray O'Leary is not half as good as he was two years ago and I would put it down to fitness, the whole Blarney Snr team are seriously unfit and the whole management team need to look at themselves about it. Maybe the players are running things out there? I dont know but you gotta train hard and I know for fact that they are not. Great win for Douglas Hall, it is nice to see a club who brings Juniors through to Senior being rewarded. Well done to all involved. Also, I have seen the Gareth Cambridge play quite a bit lately and I have to say he is a lovely player with an attitude that STINKS. Constant moaner and not good for team morale, I think he could be a reason for Rockmount not having their usual spirit. The league is boring as we know but cant wait for Avondale vs Everton in two weeks. The relegation battle is getting exciting all the same, should be good. Leeds beating Mayfield was a suprise. The league doesnt lie so whoever goes probably deserves it. Now, that is my rant over.

Chiefscout
25/03/2012, 12:33 AM
Great rant sparky..what I,and more importantly our ever reliable impartial glen buck failed to point out was the fact that Gareth ,let us call him Gareth c for legal reasons(razor :-)..)..was telling his manager what and how to do things from the field and let's be honest bucker he not doing a stroke....and hands up,I was praising him up to what I saw last week....buttsy got what he deserved though...should have said ps first there.....great result for the view today

el nino coro
25/03/2012, 9:38 AM
Rockmount are not finished nor will they be. A bad season but I have no doubt they will be challenging next year, anyone who says anything else is not with it in my opinion.
Ray O'Leary is not half as good as he was two years ago and I would put it down to fitness, the whole Blarney Snr team are seriously unfit and the whole management team need to look at themselves about it. Maybe the players are running things out there? I dont know but you gotta train hard and I know for fact that they are not. Great win for Douglas Hall, it is nice to see a club who brings Juniors through to Senior being rewarded. Well done to all involved. Also, I have seen the Gareth Cambridge play quite a bit lately and I have to say he is a lovely player with an attitude that STINKS. Constant moaner and not good for team morale, I think he could be a reason for Rockmount not having their usual spirit. The league is boring as we know but cant wait for Avondale vs Everton in two weeks. The relegation battle is getting exciting all the same, should be good. Leeds beating Mayfield was a suprise. The league doesnt lie so whoever goes probably deserves it. Now, that is my rant over.

Tell me the players they are going to sign so next season to make them stronger,il tell ya no1,your the one who is not with it,rockmount are gone mark my words,not one schoolboy player playing in the senior team,robbing players non stop for years and il be the first to laugh at their demise aswell as countless others!

Glenbuck
25/03/2012, 7:26 PM
Tell me the players they are going to sign so next season to make them stronger,il tell ya no1,your the one who is not with it,rockmount are gone mark my words,not one schoolboy player playing in the senior team,robbing players non stop for years and il be the first to laugh at their demise aswell as countless others!The green eyed monster rears its ugly head again. I am trying to work out who you are el nino. If you are who I think you are you have more clubs than Mahers Golf Emporium.

Sparky
25/03/2012, 8:04 PM
Tell me the players they are going to sign so next season to make them stronger,il tell ya no1,your the one who is not with it,rockmount are gone mark my words,not one schoolboy player playing in the senior team,robbing players non stop for years and il be the first to laugh at their demise aswell as countless others!

That's like asking me the players Liverpool will sign next year! How do I know? but like Liverpool Rockmount are a shadow of themselves and realise this and will have to sign quality players next season. They lost key players like Kinger, Darren O'Riordan and hoey through injury. If Rockmount do sign players you will accuse them of poaching or 'robbing' so in my opinion they cannot win. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Rockmount but writing them off is silly. I will actually remember you telling me "Rockmount are gone mark my words" because I have a feeling you will be eating them. Also, not sure if you are affiliated to Corinthians based on your Coro name but if you are, are your club not guilty of 'ROBBING' Mark Murphy from the Hall?

Not wanting to get into a war of words all I am saying is Rockmount will finish higher than anyone in the league except for POSSIBLY Avondale or D.Hall.

the hawk
25/03/2012, 8:33 PM
The green eyed monster rears its ugly head again. I am trying to work out who you are el nino. If you are who I think you are you have more clubs than Mahers Golf Emporium.

Think coro is one of the blarney players struggling with his fitness this year and struggled with it out in kilcully too last yr :-)
If that points you in a direction glenbuck

Chiefscout
25/03/2012, 9:57 PM
That's like asking me the players Liverpool will sign next year! How do I know? but like Liverpool Rockmount are a shadow of themselves and realise this and will have to sign quality players next season. They lost key players like Kinger, Darren O'Riordan and hoey through injury. If Rockmount do sign players you will accuse them of poaching or 'robbing' so in my opinion they cannot win. Don't get me wrong I am no fan of Rockmount but writing them off is silly. I will actually remember you telling me "Rockmount are gone mark my words" because I have a feeling you will be eating them. Also, not sure if you are affiliated to Corinthians based on your Coro name but if you are, are your club not guilty of 'ROBBING' Mark Murphy from the Hall?

Not wanting to get into a war of words all I am saying is Rockmount will finish higher than anyone in the league except for POSSIBLY Avondale or D.Hall.

Sparky I suggest you look again at the table,fixtures,and retort down from the green and yellow rusty pole

Sparky
25/03/2012, 10:00 PM
Sparky I suggest you look again at the table,fixtures,and retort down from the green and yellow rusty pole

Sorry, I wasn't clear... I meant next season as we were talking about new signings etc. When I re-read it I realise it looks like this season. I do stand by my comment though (based on next season of course)

Chiefscout
25/03/2012, 10:01 PM
Think coro is one of the blarney players struggling with his fitness this year and struggled with it out in kilcully too last yr :-)
If that points you in a direction glenbuck

I'd say for an animal with supposedly great sight your totally blind hawk.coro isn't in blarney and definitely isn't buried in kilcully :-)...he's a ucc man himself as he was oce posted as been..ps green eyed monster glenbuck?..more like rockmount having the bobby charlton comb over

Chiefscout
25/03/2012, 10:09 PM
Sorry, I wasn't clear... I meant next season as we were talking about new signings etc. When I re-read it I realise it looks like this season. I do stand by my comment though (based on next season of course)

Look to next season minus Gareth,monty(over rated but big for mount) buttsy,gazza,and the annual retiring Ross,Hoey,etc(joke they are) and the lack of youth players,lack of people that will join to play long ball and a manager that takes his ideas from players he plays once a month..top 2-3?..doubt it sparky

Dixie's Cousin
26/03/2012, 9:36 AM
What a beautiful weekend!- http://coachingskills4life.blogspot.com/

razor
26/03/2012, 11:20 AM
I'd say for an animal with supposedly great sight your totally blind hawk.coro isn't in blarney and definitely isn't buried in kilcully :-)...he's a ucc man himself as he was oce posted as been..is this a cryptic clue Chiefscout?

Glenbuck
26/03/2012, 2:03 PM
If that points you in a direction glenbuck Ah I have him now....

splinter
26/03/2012, 10:59 PM
Hi lads ive been follwing this for a while so i said id get in on the action!!! I have only 1 thing to say on yer Rockmount debate and i agree with coro, i really do think mount are finished.... Great possibility of players leaving and to be honest i think der pushin on. The once great record of not leaking goals is totally gone and without howey their just not the same team!!!!
Whos yer teams to finish in top 4 this year???

el nino coro
27/03/2012, 1:24 PM
i think there are 2 things to say on this..1. eventually the clock ticks against all teams that dominate in any sport but fair play to rockmount they prob dragged an extra league title out of a fading team last year.the end has now for most of them and who can blame them if the hunger isnt there anymore

the second point is a reflection on the club in that they rumbled along taking players from here there and everywhere which i dont have a problem with in a way as its the players choice at the end of the day but in the background the club has failed to ensure long term success..what young players have they coming through, is there any good young junior players coming through? i think the answer is no.......

i dont see any good player wantting to go there and play ball next year when the likes of douglas, blarney, everton, mayfield are all just as attractive options now with better facilities (bar everton) and probably a club that is looking to move forward not halt a slide...at this early stafe i think they will be in bottom 4 next year

ps: good by and good riddance as there is a way to win which people will respect and then there was the rockmount way!

They wont win another league for the next 10 years!

Chiefscout
27/03/2012, 2:47 PM
They wont win another league for the next 10 years!

Are you the son of Nostradamus looking that far ahead coro?..

el nino coro
27/03/2012, 2:53 PM
Hi lads ive been follwing this for a while so i said id get in on the action!!! I have only 1 thing to say on yer Rockmount debate and i agree with coro, i really do think mount are finished.... Great possibility of players leaving and to be honest i think der pushin on. The once great record of not leaking goals is totally gone and without howey their just not the same team!!!!
Whos yer teams to finish in top 4 this year???

1st Avondale
2nd St Marys
3rd Rockmount
4th Mayfield

el nino coro
27/03/2012, 2:55 PM
Are you the son of Nostradamus looking that far ahead coro?..

Haha no,im just giving people an insight to what is going to happen out in whitechurch this year

mayfield utd
27/03/2012, 6:34 PM
i think rockmount will still finish top 3 this year,but sadly i can see them dropping off the pace even more next year.there best players over the past 10 years or so have either moved on packed up or are over the hill and the players that replaced them haven't been good enough,but there biggest lost has to be billy cronin,alan martin as manager was a big gamble which looks like a flop unless he wins one of the last 2 cups up for grabs,and if he finishes without a trophy he have the near impossible job of getting players to sign for him next season