PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

boiled egg
20/02/2012, 6:07 PM
just because a team might be succesful it doesnt give the referees the right to give them an advantage.. every little decision yesterday and cotts was shouting his head off and the "referee" blew for it because he was afraid of him. not saying thats why they won but referees need to be a lot more consistent. thomas long does nearly every avondale game and he is an ex avondale player, i mean come on now like a joke is a joke.

justasupporter
20/02/2012, 6:39 PM
just because a team might be succesful it doesnt give the referees the right to give them an advantage.. every little decision yesterday and cotts was shouting his head off and the "referee" blew for it because he was afraid of him. not saying thats why they won but referees need to be a lot more consistent. thomas long does nearly every avondale game and he is an ex avondale player, i mean come on now like a joke is a joke.

This Tomas long chestnut won't go away will it ? In fairness he's played for st Mary's & rockmount too egg , what's he supposed to do just ref the remaining teams games ? I'm looking forward to the refs swapping leagues next season cos this discussion with tomas long reffing games of past clubs is nuts & I'm fairly sure he's not afraid of cotts or any manager for that matter .
Heres another example that could crop up in the future , Marc Barry refs in the MSL , Marc played for temple united , should he not ref any temple games ? or what about castleview games , if he gives a decision against them Ina game I'm sure he'll be open to " sure he's a temple player what did you expect " ex players reffing will always be open to that but I'd rather have ex players reffing games then some of the beauts that take up the whistle you see in the game today , some of them are clueless & mainly because they probably haven't played at a decent level never mind LOI or MSL .. Again names being withheld to protect the guilty .

Clifford
21/02/2012, 8:46 AM
Any team not playing this weekend that would like to have a friendly? Fermoy are available to play, can provide pitch or can travel. Give me a bell on 087-1504131 if interested.

Clifford
21/02/2012, 11:58 AM
Any team not playing this weekend that would like to have a friendly? Fermoy are available to play, can provide pitch or can travel. Give me a bell on 087-1504131 if interested.

Ignore this. We got sorted.

BillysBoots1
21/02/2012, 2:45 PM
Well, lads what do you make of the Senior 1st Div this years, it's very competitive with 5 teams battling it out.

Who would you fancy to see it out & get Promoted?

Dixie's Cousin
21/02/2012, 3:00 PM
Well, lads what do you make of the Senior 1st Div this years, it's very competitive with 5 teams battling it out.

Who would you fancy to see it out & get Promoted?

Most people on here would be biased, how about you?

BillysBoots1
21/02/2012, 3:57 PM
Most people on here would be biased, how about you?

Do you always answer a question with a question.

I would be biased I suppose, who isn't. What two do you see getting promoted?

six-yard-box
21/02/2012, 3:59 PM
I think Bandon and fermoy will come up overall prob have the strongest squads id say.. This weekend will tell a lot . Think ucc and carrigaline will comes up short n think castleview will need to put a fierce run together which won't happen as they don't train and squad is light.

Dixie's Cousin
21/02/2012, 4:17 PM
I think Bandon and fermoy will come up overall prob have the strongest squads id say.. This weekend will tell a lot . Think ucc and carrigaline will comes up short n think castleview will need to put a fierce run together which won't happen as they don't train and squad is light.

Castleview don't train? What do you mean by that? Unless i'm going somewhere strange every tuesday and thursday!

villaman10
21/02/2012, 4:22 PM
wouldn't be going to see many bandon matches, not the most easy on the eye, but to be fair they know their strenghts and stick to them, but if you are able to defend corners they don't pose much of a threat football wise, would like to see ucc and fermoy come up, as fermoy have been there or there abouts the last couple of years, and think the way ucc play is comendable!! castleview don't train?? can't believe that statement!

BillysBoots1
21/02/2012, 4:22 PM
Sounds like you know your stuff! Tough one to call alright, I'd go with UCC & Carrigaline.

Dixie's Cousin
21/02/2012, 4:35 PM
I just want to clarify lads, we(Castleview) do train, twice a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays, but obviously with work we don't aways have our full squad training but who can afford to miss work for training these days? The squad was a bit light last weekend against Glasheen but that was down to work and suspensions. I have no doubt we will throw the gauntlet to the teams above us when we play Bandon on saturday, we are still in the thick of things and it will go to the wire, but remember all the top teams still have to play each other!!!

BillysBoots1
21/02/2012, 5:04 PM
I just want to clarify lads, we(Castleview) do train, twice a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays, but obviously with work we don't aways have our full squad training but who can afford to miss work for training these days? The squad was a bit light last weekend against Glasheen but that was down to work and suspensions. I have no doubt we will throw the gauntlet to the teams above us when we play Bandon on saturday, we are still in the thick of things and it will go to the wire, but remember all the top teams still have to play each other!!!

You can take it as been Clarified. Bandon v Castleview will be an interesting result.

razor
21/02/2012, 8:12 PM
Beamish Cup : Passage - Avondale was called off tonight

six-yard-box
21/02/2012, 8:28 PM
Castleview don't train? What do you mean by that? Unless i'm going somewhere strange every tuesday and thursday!
Well your numbers are poor for training would be the correct way of putting it.

Dixie's Cousin
21/02/2012, 9:16 PM
Numbers don't really bother me, we would all love to have our full squad training but at the end of the day I personally prefer a quality group of players rather than a bunch of lads up for a kick about.

AvondaleNutter
21/02/2012, 9:21 PM
Am I reading this right that Brendan O'Connell is up for FAI intermediate player of the year?? Strange after him having a poor seasin so far http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/news_detail.php?news_id=232

AvondaleNutter
21/02/2012, 9:27 PM
Am I reading this right that Brendan O'Connell is up for FAI intermediate player of the year?? Strange after him having a poor seasin so far http://www.munsterseniorleague.ie/news_detail.php?news_id=232
Or is it for his services over the past few years?

six-yard-box
21/02/2012, 9:40 PM
Or is it for his services over the past few years?

Thats some joke and just shows the attention they've been paying to the game over the lAst season

beautiful game
21/02/2012, 11:47 PM
Avondale United are well positioned to do what Rockmount did from 1999 onwards. They haven't really blown anybody away this season but they have matchwinners all over the park.

Their goal difference this season tells you all you want to know. 26 for, 12 against in 10 games. It works out at just about a 2-1 winning margin each week.

They've been less than impressive in the games I've seen them playing but the rest just aren't good enough and they will all need to up their game significantly next season to even go close.

Unless Killester are a top side then Avondale look likely to pick up the easiest League and FAI Intermediate Cup double ever.

In the first division, it's looking like UCC and Bandon.

boiled egg
22/02/2012, 9:08 AM
Well if every team tried to sign every good player in the league it might be a different story. out of avondales squad its hard to say who actually played schoolboys with the club. the hole team are blow-ins from different clubs, bar mybe 1 or 2. Whats happening to the players coming through the youths, are they just told to leave or do they have a choice..??

Chiefscout
22/02/2012, 12:21 PM
Well if every team tried to sign every good player in the league it might be a different story. out of avondales squad its hard to say who actually played schoolboys with the club. the hole team are blow-ins from different clubs, bar mybe 1 or 2. Whats happening to the players coming through the youths, are they just told to leave or do they have a choice..??
You were spot on egg with your original FULL post..the truth hurts.

AvondaleNutter
22/02/2012, 12:44 PM

It says your club is Rockmount on your profile boiled egg and it was Avondale Last week? Well if you support either team you can't question blow ins as both clubs are guilty of it..

This comes up all the time and it would be nice to have a squad full of local lads but theres no club out there that would turn away the players that avondale have brought in just because they're not local.
Whether they were asked or they came down to the club themselves it makes no difference. No one held a gun to their head and they wanted to play for Avondale Football club.

Avondale are lucky that they are in a position to attract some of Corks best and fair play to them. Before John Caulfield took over, they were struggling in the First Div and now they're one of Ireland's best.

Think a lot of clubs would like to be in this position.

boiled egg
22/02/2012, 2:33 PM
I changed my profile to rockmount because i dont want everyone to know wat club im wit. the club could have stayed loyal to their own players instead of going away hunting for better ones. Avondale might as well have no youth set up as they dont use it. i think clubs would rather be in a position to have a squad full of players who are actually "club" players rather than blow ins, isnt this what local football is about.. ? playing for your friends and family..! It means nothing to me who plays for what team but its just sad when you see teams packing their team.

BillysBoots1
22/02/2012, 3:42 PM
I changed my profile to rockmount because i dont want everyone to know wat club im wit. the club could have stayed loyal to their own players instead of going away hunting for better ones. Avondale might as well have no youth set up as they dont use it. i think clubs would rather be in a position to have a squad full of players who are actually "club" players rather than blow ins, isnt this what local football is about.. ? playing for your friends and family..! It means nothing to me who plays for what team but its just sad when you see teams packing their team.

Oh get a grip lads your argument is boring, this is the MSL not the Premier league. Having a youth system is a bonus at this level but not all clubs have the support and structure to make the most of youngs players that past through their club. College Cors prob have had best underage system for the last 10-15 years and they have had little or no success in the Senior leagues in the last 10 years. I reckon it's alot to do with who's in charge of the team, how good the training is, Rockmount & Avondale know how to attract players by keep them happy in training and by being part of a winning mentality.

Besides Avondale or Rockmount how many teams have won the Premier MSL in the last 10 years?

Sparky
22/02/2012, 3:45 PM

This is not about glory hunters or packing teams. The beauty of football over GAA is the freedom to move club. If players are loyal to their local teams then you will only have 11-14 players happy. What about the other 5 or 6 that want to play for their local team?

In football Managers/Coaches and Players will always move on. Is there anything wrong with trying to better yourself? I commend a player or coach for getting out of comfort zones to better themselves. Avondale have the pick of cork at the moment but I believe it is more the player wanting to join rather than the club wanting the player to join?

This argument will never be agreed on, it is like the whole aul vs msl episode. I think people are jumping the gun too picking the winner of the Intermediate cup. Crumlin were favourites at the start!!!!!!!

Silly Billy G
22/02/2012, 4:01 PM
Oh get a grip lads your argument is boring, this is the MSL not the Premier league. Having a youth system is a bonus at this level but not all clubs have the support and structure to make the most of youngs players that past through their club. College Cors prob have had best underage system for the last 10-15 years and they have had little or no success in the Senior leagues in the last 10 years. I reckon it's alot to do with who's in charge of the team, how good the training is, Rockmount & Avondale know how to attract players by keep them happy in training and by being part of a winning mentality.

Besides Avondale or Rockmount how many teams have won the Premier MSL in the last 10 years?

1- Castleview that i know of. Mostly with lads from their youth set up etc too, under Pasty. Did they win the 1st Division and Premier in quick succession ? I had only started playing in the MSL and castleview were part of the top 3 with Avondale and Rockmount. I cant remember any other team winning the league - that is since 2003 or 2004 now i think. Memory getting bad !

AvondaleNutter
22/02/2012, 5:43 PM
egg i assume there 7 or 8 avondale schoolboys playing senior premier with other clubs? i mean who are these 'avondale' players that avondale are not using at the top of the senior league because they have brought outsiders in? i dont understand why people bark on about loyalty etc etc...transfers have been in football since day one so its not like its a new rule...it swings in roundabouts usually with some clubs gaining other clubs losing at different stages..the main ideal for longterm success is to develop ur own underage structure whilst also attracting good players to all levels of your club..its called a balancing act i think

Well said now let's put it to bed

boiled egg
22/02/2012, 6:38 PM
Well i think avondale got this balancing act totally wrong redandwhite. Look enough said, if avondale want to run their club that way then so be it, just feel sorry on the youth players trying to break through..!

boiled egg
22/02/2012, 6:41 PM
There must be a blanket over some peoples eyes chiefscout...!

Chiefscout
22/02/2012, 8:18 PM
Or maybe afraid to upset a certain Avondale man on here..I mean cork city man :-)

the hawk
22/02/2012, 8:25 PM

jealousy is a terrible thing .This time last year everybody was harping on rockmount this and rockmount , now its avondale s turn

AvondaleNutter
22/02/2012, 8:33 PM

What is your club boiled egg? Why do you have to hide it?

razor
22/02/2012, 10:08 PM
Or maybe afraid to upset a certain Avondale man on here..I mean cork city man :-)Glad you clarified that one Chief :D , don't anyone be afraid of upsetting me, I can take care of myself but there are rules on this forum and like most rules in life they are there for a reason.

Crosshaven AFC
23/02/2012, 11:55 AM
Congrats to all at Crosshaven on being voted FAI Club of the Month - they now go forward to club of the year in July.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV3vpput0h4&context=C334f5bfADOEgsToPDskIaJuF-0H0_CEZEI2ugUDr-

Goggs
23/02/2012, 4:44 PM
How in God's name are Crosshaven voted club of the month their rock bottom of the 2nd Division its as ludicrous as voting Brendan O Connell intermediate player of the year what a joke.

el nino coro
23/02/2012, 4:50 PM
How in God's name are Crosshaven voted club of the month their rock bottom of the 2nd Division its as ludicrous as voting Brendan O Connell intermediate player of the year what a joke.

Absolute madness with that intermediate player of the year

beautiful game
23/02/2012, 6:12 PM
Full match report from tomorrow night's eagerly awaited Donie Forde semi-final in Moneygourney between Douglas Hall and Avondale United on www.backofthenetcork.ie (http://www.backofthenetcork.ie) shortly after the game.

Can't see Avondale losing this either.

Anybody out there fancy Douglas Hall to beat them?

Southsider
23/02/2012, 8:06 PM
Full match report from tomorrow night's eagerly awaited Donie Forde semi-final in Moneygourney between Douglas Hall and Avondale United on www.backofthenetcork.ie (http://www.backofthenetcork.ie) shortly after the game.

Can't see Avondale losing this either.

Anybody out there fancy Douglas Hall to beat them?

Didn't see much this year of Avondale but with the team they have they should get to the first of quiet a few cup finals before May.
Website is looking great aswell beautiful game keep up the good work with it and hopefully the magazine aswell. It's great seeing local football put across by people who they know what there talking about unlike here sometimes.

ballsac7
23/02/2012, 10:15 PM

Its based on involvement in the community, number of FAI coaches, facilities, website, constitution, charity work, history, players in development squads etc etc .... Fair play to them - it had nothing to do with Senior team. Rockmount and Carrigaline won it previously. You obviously didnt bother to look up the details of the award!

Goggs
24/02/2012, 6:48 AM
No I didnt, I didnt realise you could get an award for charity and working for the community I thought it was football based are Simon and Cope up for it as well.

Eric
24/02/2012, 9:39 AM
For a neutral.......is the Douglas Hall v Avondale game worth going to tonight or will Avondale win easy?

beautiful game
24/02/2012, 10:24 AM
Should be well worth going to but Avondale should and will win. They're on a roll and winning ugly and even if they make several changes tonight they still should have too much for Douglas Hall.

Hope it doesn't get over physical and we see some bit of decent football.

beautiful game
24/02/2012, 10:41 AM
Hi lads.

Back of the Net, Cork's only local football magazine will be available again early in March.

The new look magazine will again have all the latest news, interviews and gossip from all the local leagues in Cork

Our website is up and running now too at www.backofthenetcork.ie (http://www.backofthenetcork.ie) and again this will keep you up to date with fixtures, results, latest news and the views of some of the biggest names in Cork football.

We are also looking to bring on board enthusiastic sports writers/reporters and photographers to become part of our team ensuring we provide the best service possible.

If you're interested, contact us at editor@backofthenetcork.ie or call/text 087 2201145.

If you have any views or suggestions then we welcome every comment.

Thank you.

ballsac7
24/02/2012, 5:12 PM
Crosshaven v Passage - Beamish Match of Week Off - Passage have no team!

AvondaleNutter
24/02/2012, 5:19 PM
Crosshaven v Passage - Beamish Match of Week Off - Passage have no team!

Christ almighty! They must have some juniors they can call upon.

ballsac7
24/02/2012, 7:04 PM
Christ almighty! They must have some juniors they can call upon.

They must be playing at the same time. Bit embarrasing for the League to have a match of the week & one team cannot field 11! Whats going on in Passage?

archie
24/02/2012, 7:58 PM
No I didnt, I didnt realise you could get an award for charity and working for the community I thought it was football based are Simon and Cope up for it as well.
Easy known you haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes of a football club Goggsy, Schoolboys/girls learn to play all by themselves, the lines and goal posts appear with the growth of grass, money falls from the trees and a bid of good will to your local community is only a myth,:o

ballsac7
24/02/2012, 8:37 PM
Easy known you haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes of a football club Goggsy, Schoolboys/girls learn to play all by themselves, the lines and goal posts appear with the growth of grass, money falls from the trees and a bid of good will to your local community is only a myth,:o

Spot on I didn't want to reply to Goggs last comment as it was only taking the shine off a great achievement for Crosshaven - I know any of the teams around Dougals (Hall, Cors & Tramore) would all be worthy winners of that award for all the hard work & effort they put in behind the scenes. I'm retired & only now starting to appreciate the work that goes into making a club work. When your playing these things don't matter & you think the world revolves around your team.

Long Throw
24/02/2012, 8:39 PM
Donie Forde Semi Final
Douglas Hall 2-1 Avondale