PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236

Goggs
13/01/2012, 9:49 PM
Great game tonight in front of a big crowd Midleton better team in first half Hall the better team in the second great passion shown by both sides tackles were flying in all night but not a dirty game by any means surprised by how passionate Hall were considering they lost there 2 best players recently and still without Decie,It looks like the loss of these players have galvinised Hall. Stracken came on and changed the game for Hall.Well worth the £3 admission.

el nino coro
13/01/2012, 10:27 PM
Great game tonight in front of a big crowd Midleton better team in first half Hall the better team in the second great passion shown by both sides tackles were flying in all night but not a dirty game by any means surprised by how passionate Hall were considering they lost there 2 best players recently and still without Decie,It looks like the loss of these players have galvinised Hall. Stracken came on and changed the game for Hall.Well worth the £3 admission.

Midleton isnt the easiest place to get a result on a friday night but i cant see the hall winning any more than 2 or 3 of their remaining 8 games,had they got the 2 players that left recently they would have won down below tonight!

Goggs
14/01/2012, 9:44 AM
Agreed about the two players but they have fierce team spirit one that I havnt seen before I think they will finish in the top 3 my Mexican friend.

maninthemiddle
14/01/2012, 10:18 AM
Middleton 1 hall 1

tez you wont believe this but after talking to you i noticed my fixture next week. listen to this.had to tell ya.

on one side i have a manager who is my closest friend in work and also on his team are 2 other work colleages.

the other team's manager is my brother in law and is full to the brim of fellas i went to school with.

any time i have these teams on their own i get an awful amount of stick/banter but now they are playing each other.

i'd nearly write a letter myself. lol.

its going to be an intersting week next week. ha ha.

townhall tez
14/01/2012, 10:39 AM
tez you wont believe this but after talking to you i noticed my fixture next week. listen to this.had to tell ya.

on one side i have a manager who is my closest friend in work and also on his team are 2 other work colleages.

the other team's manager is my brother in law and is full to the brim of fellas i went to school with.

any time i have these teams on their own i get an awful amount of stick/banter but now they are playing each other.

i'd nearly write a letter myself. lol.

its going to be an intersting week next week. ha ha.

Let us know how that goes!!!!

Gobias
14/01/2012, 4:04 PM
Any results from todays games?

Eric
14/01/2012, 4:07 PM
Fermoy frustrated at home to Cobh Wanderers today. Finished 2-2. I'm sure Clifford will have more info on it later.

Nedge
14/01/2012, 4:09 PM
UCC 5 - 1 Ballinhassig Carragaline 8 Ballincollig 0

razor
14/01/2012, 4:12 PM
Leeds 1-2 Avondale

Mary's 2-1 Mount also

Clifford
14/01/2012, 5:01 PM
Fermoy frustrated at home to Cobh Wanderers today. Finished 2-2. I'm sure Clifford will have more info on it later.

Yes indeed Sir. Shocking sec half.

Fermoy 2-2 Cobh.

Fermoy are the first to blink in the run in and it was dreadful one to slip up in. 2-0 up at half time and should have been five. Hit post early in sec half and then watched as Cobh battled to get back level. A mix up at the back let them back in and an og with 12/13 left got them level. One or two half chances in the end, but hat's off to Cobh for a great bit of fight and effort. We switched off and that is not on at this level.

Only ourselves to blame.

justasupporter
14/01/2012, 6:08 PM
St Mary's 2 Rockmount 1 , very competitive game from both sides but saints more than deserved their win , attacked rockmount from the first minute to the last , went 1 up after a great strike from their full back going right over Brendan's head . Rockmount came more into the game & were on top at the end of the first & start of second . Mary's scored a second when in my opinion o Connell was favourite to a ball over the top but seemed to stop & Craig coonyy prodded ball past him . Rockmount had 4 or 5 strikers on the pitch trying to get a goal back but saints defenders were excellent all day , mount got consolation goal deep into injury time .. Dales league surely but very impressed with marys today . What now for rockmount , they seem very beatable at the moment .

Chiefscout
14/01/2012, 7:43 PM
St Mary's 2 Rockmount 1 , very competitive game from both sides but saints more than deserved their win , attacked rockmount from the first minute to the last , went 1 up after a great strike from their full back going right over Brendan's head . Rockmount came more into the game & were on top at the end of the first & start of second . Mary's scored a second when in my opinion o Connell was favourite to a ball over the top but seemed to stop & Craig coonyy prodded ball past him . Rockmount had 4 or 5 strikers on the pitch trying to get a goal back but saints defenders were excellent all day , mount got consolation goal deep into injury time .. Dales league surely but very impressed with marys today . What now for rockmount , they seem very beatable at the moment .
Was at game today.thought marys did to rockmount what rockmount have been doing to teams for last few years.outfought,out thought and out battled.even with the late goal marys didn't panic and stuck to their task...a serious lack of ideas from mount and I'll go as far as saying serious lack of heart and desire..great game to watch though.well worth the entrance fee

townhall tez
14/01/2012, 10:12 PM
Delighted for Mary's,they probably didn't deserve 3 points last weekend but were full value today. Dale winning again means the league title is done and dusted. Hardly surprising,their squad is a collection of the best players in cork football.

Sparky
14/01/2012, 10:53 PM
Delighted for Mary's,they probably didn't deserve 3 points last weekend but were full value today. Dale winning again means the league title is done and dusted. Hardly surprising,their squad is a collection of the best players in cork football.

Were we all not saying the same about Douglas Hall last year? Is there a chink in Avondale armour or are they just too consistent this year? Serious squad down there, dont know how they are all kept happy. Great win for Marys. Outside of Avondale they must be the form team at the moment. If Avondale are hot title favourites who would ye see as the two to go down. Heard there was fight in both Midleton and Leeds today. I must say I have been to alot of games this year and the football that all teams are trying to play is great to see. It is great there is no diving etc in this league.

townhall tez
15/01/2012, 12:56 AM
Next week Dale have Doney Forde cup so they will give different guys a game,then it's intermediate cup weekend and some of their lads are cup tied so that means more changes. By the time January is over the whole squad has got game time and transfer window is closed. Besides,a winning camp is a happy camp!!

Chiefscout
15/01/2012, 12:59 AM
Were we all not saying the same about Douglas Hall last year? Is there a chink in Avondale armour or are they just too consistent this year? Serious squad down there, dont know how they are all kept happy. Great win for Marys. Outside of Avondale they must be the form team at the moment. If Avondale are hot title favourites who would ye see as the two to go down. Heard there was fight in both Midleton and Leeds today. I must say I have been to alot of games this year and the football that all teams are trying to play is great to see. It is great there is no diving etc in this league.
I'd say Leeds and Corinthians to go down.can see midleton picking up the needed points at home to stay up..also see a bottom half finish for the early season tip mayfield(god knows why) and the ever fading whitechurch boys..there's a turn in the tide in the northside

Pundit
15/01/2012, 11:16 AM

the differnece this year with the dale and last year with the hall is that every player in avondale bar the new lads have won at least 2 munster senior leagues therfore they know what its like to win the league. also the avondale lads wont be going around telling the whole of cork that the league is over.they will keep plucking away 1 game at a time and they will not be fooled. the league isnt over till they have that title in there hands. i would agree that i think every team deserves credit for the football that is being played throughout the league. with regards to the 2 teams going down i would love to see cors and midleton stay up as they play great football. i think leeds will go down and its hard to call the other 1. mayfield are in dyer form.

townhall tez
15/01/2012, 12:41 PM
Mayfield 1-0 Corinthians
Corinthians have no luck what so ever! 2 weeks ago they pushed Avondale all the way only to lose in injury time,last week they were better than Mary's with ten men and today they pushed for an equaliser after conceding a soft penalty but hit the crossbar from close range right at the death! Also had 2 goals disallowed for offside. They must think the whole world is against them! League may be over but any of five teams could go down! These two should be ok but Corinthians need a boost.

el nino coro
15/01/2012, 2:41 PM
I'd say Leeds and Corinthians to go down.can see midleton picking up the needed points at home to stay up..also see a bottom half finish for the early season tip mayfield(god knows why) and the ever fading whitechurch boys..there's a turn in the tide in the northside

id have to say leeds and midleton even tho midletons home games are played with a lot of support which obviously boosts the team,i agree with the tide turning between st marys and mount,a 39 year old at the back against st marys i heard,also i heard billy cronin is back amounst things out in training sessions and is set to return.....you heard it here first :-)

townhall tez
15/01/2012, 3:23 PM
With Rockmount in disarray , reports of in house fighting and a calamity keeper Midleton are playing them at the perfect time. They will be favourites against a team who have lost all their fight and heart....that's what Mary's have now.

el nino coro
15/01/2012, 3:39 PM
With Rockmount in disarray , reports of in house fighting and a calamity keeper Midleton are playing them at the perfect time. They will be favourites against a team who have lost all their fight and heart....that's what Mary's have now.

that will be a very very interesting game friday night,one that i will be more than happy the 3 to watch,mount will be favs but i wouldnt back them with someone elses money,bad times for them its been a long time since they have had trouble like this,11 points behind at this stage!

Reznik
15/01/2012, 6:17 PM
Everton 1-2 Blarney. Anyone at the game???? Match report?

Goggs
16/01/2012, 6:04 PM
This time last year people were writing off Rockmount and look what happened now I dont think anybody will challange Avondale at the rate there hoverring up talent from around the league for the next few years similar to what Rockmount have done for the last 10 years but they still have very good players,rumor has it that Billy Cronin is back involved if that's the case its very disrespectful to Allan Martin he has only been in charge for less than 6 months and he should be allowed run the team his way without any interference and put his stamp on the team and this takes time but this cannot be done if Billy is looking over his shoulder if this is the case he should walk out of respect for himself.

magpie
16/01/2012, 7:48 PM
id have to say leeds and midleton even tho midletons home games are played with a lot of support which obviously boosts the team,i agree with the tide turning between st marys and mount,a 39 year old at the back against st marys i heard,also i heard billy cronin is back amounst things out in training sessions and is set to return.....you heard it here first :-)
I think midleton will stay up this year, they are playing some really nice footie at the moment, im really enjoying watching them this year, especially in midleton. Its probably the best venue in the league and draws a great crowd every week. Always a good atmosphere there. I think they would be a loss to the league if they are relegated.

Chiefscout
16/01/2012, 10:12 PM
Condon from rockmount to mayfield

el nino coro
16/01/2012, 10:39 PM

maybe the first of the exodus from the whitechurch boys because 90% of them are glory hunters!

six-yard-box
16/01/2012, 10:55 PM
Will probably improve there defence!!

el nino coro
16/01/2012, 11:02 PM
Will probably improve there defence!!

not sure if hes better than what they have already

Chiefscout
16/01/2012, 11:57 PM
not sure if hes better than what they have already
I'd say six yard means it'll improve rockmounts defence which is shocking at the moment.not helped either by a dodgy keeper behind it

six-yard-box
17/01/2012, 3:17 PM
I'd say six yard means it'll improve rockmounts defence which is shocking at the moment.not helped either by a dodgy keeper behind it

Ya that's what I meant alright. Keeper is going through a bad patch alright.. No hiding place though when your in there.. Surprised deasy hasn't been given a chance

Mighty almighty
18/01/2012, 10:44 AM
yes totally agree with ye that midleton prob will pick up enough points to stay up, just what there kind football on the eye deserves.....from what i can gather all 3 midfield players that started versus cork city last year are injured,which is tough for any team....so will done to them for keeping the show on the road.big game friday night...and as for rockmount,every successfull team has a time limit...both seniors and juniors look like there race is ran...avondale to dominate the next 5years.

six-yard-box
18/01/2012, 5:03 PM
heard robbie waters from ucc is on trial with dundalk at the min. if that went well for him would be a big loss to caulfield. looks far and away there best player to me anyway.

boiled egg
19/01/2012, 6:26 PM
not 90% coro, i think its 100%..

razor
20/01/2012, 9:25 PM
Midleton 1-3 Mount

el nino coro
20/01/2012, 9:58 PM
Midleton 1-3 Mount

it was 1-4 razor,goggs gone into hiding,midleton look destined for the drop among with leeds!

Chiefscout
20/01/2012, 10:35 PM
it was 1-4 razor,goggs gone into hiding,midleton look destined for the drop among with leeds!
Ya,looks that way now.was at match tonight. It was 2-1 and mount down to 10. Midleton had fella sent off and it killed them. Mount changed system to 4-3-3, where did they see that?...Cambridge,coakley,o Connor and fella giddy with mount goals...could this be the start of their revival?

villaman10
20/01/2012, 10:44 PM
2 average teams in midleton tonight and 1 team which should be ashamed of themselves! rockmount deserved the 3 points in my opinion, but look a patch on the team which have been so dominant the past 10 years, has to be avondales to lose now! midleton look to be in trouble, and are now surely favourites for the drop with leeds unless they can find some kind of form! as for the 3rd team on show, well the linesman on the shed side where i watched the game is some how getting paid for a display of.., well i dont know what you could call it he was terrible for both side's and i feel sorry for any team that has him for the rest of the season. 2 red cards as well in a pretty clean game, when the score was 2-1 ruined it for the spectators, i just hope the 3 euro i paid at the gate went to the club and not for the cost of the officials!!

townhall tez
20/01/2012, 11:44 PM
Rockmount had that hunger back tonight....Midleton heads went down once behind. Long way to go yet but they are the 1 team running out of games. Which Midleton lad got sent off? And I didn't see why???

Goggs
21/01/2012, 7:52 AM
ABad Rockmount team beat a very poor Midleton side in one of the worst games of football I have ever encountered.Midleton hit the crossbar early on and on 25mins Pat Buckley Rockmounts favourite official sprung into action bulging eyes intoe and waved his flag.Rockmount free kick to the bewilderment of all present.Rockmount scored from the free kick the Midleton Management team were up in arms and their manager was sent off.Onenill at half time Rockmount went 2 up within 5 min of the restart.Midleton pulled one back 10 min later Butts gave Midleton right back a dig sent off.It was all Midleton then but 5 min later Midleton center forward clashed with center half and was sent off.Ref bottled it and sent forward off to even things up.From then on there was only going to be one winner.A very poor advertisment all round for the MSL,from the officials and the teams involved.How's that el nino coro.

townhall tez
21/01/2012, 10:20 AM
ABad Rockmount team beat a very poor Midleton side in one of the worst games of football I have ever encountered.Midleton hit the crossbar early on and on 25mins Pat Buckley Rockmounts favourite official sprung into action bulging eyes intoe and waved his flag.Rockmount free kick to the bewilderment of all present.Rockmount scored from the free kick the Midleton Management team were up in arms and their manager was sent off.Onenill at half time Rockmount went 2 up within 5 min of the restart.Midleton pulled one back 10 min later Butts gave Midleton right back a dig sent off.It was all Midleton then but 5 min later Midleton center forward clashed with center half and was sent off.Ref bottled it and sent forward off to even things up.From then on there was only going to be one winner.A very poor advertisment all round for the MSL,from the officials and the teams involved.How's that el nino coro.

So Mr Buckley robbed Corinthians v. Rockmount earlier in the season (which affected midleton as monty who should have been sent off and suspended scored winner v. them in next game)and now Midleton have got done by him? That's a crucial factor in the league position of Rockmount no matter what anyone says.

el nino coro
21/01/2012, 10:40 AM
So Mr Buckley robbed Corinthians v. Rockmount earlier in the season (which affected midleton as monty who should have been sent off and suspended scored winner v. them in next game)and now Midleton have got done by him? That's a crucial factor in the league position of Rockmount no matter what anyone says.

Pat Buckley surely cant be blamed for the position midlton are in,last night it was o connell on the line and he got the blame,its far to easy to blame officials when other teams have to put up with them aswell on various other occasions,as for rockmount they are getting decisions all down through the years everyone knows that,the league is done and dusted anyhow because no way will that rockmount side claw back that amount of points ands neither will douglas hall! cheers for the report goggs i was only ball hopping!

Mighty almighty
21/01/2012, 10:53 AM
Was also at d game.....first of all I was in the stand behind that linesman pat that's what they were calling him anyway,i was actually shocked by his decisions....in the first half midleton manager sent off...don't blame him for being upset over decisions,but I must say the way 1 of rockmount coaches behaved when they had man sent off was nothing short of disgrace,what he didn't say to referree after it,and would you think he was sent off,to be honest midleton manager was a little over board too,but he got the line.but once again that referree has no balls,typical looking after the once big shots of rockmount!!if seen this quite alot when rockmount involved in games!very suspect in my opinion!rockmount in decline,midleton hav still a chance though!!

villaman10
21/01/2012, 12:53 PM
Pat Buckley surely cant be blamed for the position midlton are in,last night it was o connell on the line and he got the blame,its far to easy to blame officials when other teams have to put up with them aswell on various other occasions,as for rockmount they are getting decisions all down through the years everyone knows that,the league is done and dusted anyhow because no way will that rockmount side claw back that amount of points ands neither will douglas hall! cheers for the report goggs i was only ball hopping!

your'e wrong their coro,o'connel was on the far side of pitch, it was the fella on the shed side who started all the hula-bulu, just think when you are fighting for your'e lives to stay up in the division, a team should at least expect a fair/honest ride off the officials, felt sorry for finbar in the middle because he was badly let down last night by his linesman, agree with mighty about the rockmount assitant manager getting away with roaring at the ref, why was he treated differently to midleton manager?? don't think anyone is saying rockmount won because of the officials, but their were some serious difference in the application of the decisions towards both sides! and don't think this is the first/last time that this official will be called into question this season!! before anyone starts saying ref's have a tough job i agree, and there would be no games without them, but on the other side they are getting 40/50 euro to ref a game and for that price they are expected to be equal,fair,approachable and consistant in respect to whatever 2 teams that they have for those 90mins! players have to pay for the privalage to play for their local club with membership of around 250 euro a season and they do so, and train hard all week with their team and alot of guys do extra themselves to get the best out of their limited talents, and to go out on the pitch for those 90 mins you want to be able to come off that pitch and talk about how you played, how your'e team mate played, how good the opposing teams no.9 was, not that some of the officials on show want to be center stage when their job is not to be seen, that is when you know an official has had a good game...when know one talks about them!!

Clifford
21/01/2012, 4:30 PM
Ballincollig 0-3 Fermoy.

Wind made a balls of the first half today, got better in the second half so the ball actually stayed on the floor. First came after 75 mins. Two more followed almost immediately. A slog, but a win

Any news on ring v Ucc?

townhall tez
21/01/2012, 4:57 PM
Ballincollig 0-3 Fermoy.

Wind made a balls of the first half today, got better in the second half so the ball actually stayed on the floor. First came after 75 mins. Two more followed almost immediately. A slog, but a win

Any news on ring v Ucc?

Ucc1 0 Ringmahon

razor
21/01/2012, 4:59 PM
Corinthians 0-1 Avondale AET

townhall tez
21/01/2012, 5:04 PM
College 0 Avondale 1 after extra time. Poor game to watch,plenty of endeavour but the goal right at the end of extra time was probably first shot on target. The entertainment came in the 2nd half of normal time. Avondales center back committed GBH on the college lad in the box. Obvious penalty,Avondale knew it,college knew it. Nothing given! It was hilarious! The ref today? Pat Buckley.

Blue
21/01/2012, 6:14 PM

Mr. Tez, you have been on about the refs doing a bad job for a while. Your obviously involved with corthnians. Get over it, the refs make mistakes. It happens with every team. Your on here week in week out moaning. Do you ever think corthnians aren't good enough for premier league. They are 2nd last and players and manager being sent off as the discipline is bad might be yer problem and not the refs

the hawk
21/01/2012, 7:39 PM
College 0 Avondale 1 after extra time. Poor game to watch,plenty of endeavour but the goal right at the end of extra time was probably first shot on target. The entertainment came in the 2nd half of normal time. Avondales center back committed GBH on the college lad in the box. Obvious penalty,Avondale knew it,college knew it. Nothing given! It was hilarious! The ref today? Pat Buckley.

Tez get off your corinthians high horse every week you are blaming the referees for this and that .Firstly that was no where near a penalty and if you wanna start cribbing over decisions avondale had goals dis allowed .so how about ye stop whinging up the top of the hill and just let yer football do the talking

townhall tez
21/01/2012, 7:54 PM
The Hawk is cranky! Everyone above my comment slated Buckley but you had a pop at me,get off your own high horse!!! Well done to Ucc today. Always tough v. Ringmahon and they survived an almighty late scare. Big game next week-Castleview v. Bandon