PDA

View Full Version : We're to play Dublin City in the League Cup...

Poor Student
28/04/2005, 11:57 AM
Away in Richmond I guess on the weekend of May 30th. First competitive meeting ever between the two clubs? (Assuming you don't consider them Home Farm, funny I haven't noticed any CHF remarks this season)

Sheridan
28/04/2005, 12:02 PM
Just what was I thinking. If I'm not mistaken, UCD are the only eL club Dublin City have never faced in a competitive match. DC won 3-2 in a friendly at Foster's Avenue last February.

pineapple stu
28/04/2005, 12:22 PM
Yep, though we did provide Dublin City's first ever opposition in a friendly in 2001, just before we both faced Coventry. Think the game ended 1-1 with both sides playing an effective U-21 team.

Bald Student
28/04/2005, 12:22 PM
Let's start a campaign for the game to be played in Belfield. It'll save DCFC a few bob in rent and it'll save me a long cycle.

pineapple stu
28/04/2005, 12:23 PM
Are you boycotting Richmond Park or just St Pat's games there? I presume the latter? ;)

Schumi
28/04/2005, 12:24 PM
Bloody hell, a third trip to Richmond Park this year. :rolleyes: This must be to punish us for missing out for a whole year. I second Bald Student's idea.

Will this be the lowest ever crowd at an EL match I wonder? :D

pineapple stu
28/04/2005, 12:26 PM
Will this be the lowest ever crowd at an EL match I wonder? :D
It's a League Cup match, don't forget. How many people turn up for them anyway? :p

Poor Student
28/04/2005, 1:16 PM
Actually if Dub City pay to use Richmond per game instead of time period then there is little point not holding it at Belfield. We are the two clubs in Dublin with the least support and this is the least interesting competition. Gate receipts will be poor. I still think an opponent like Kilkenny would draw a smaller crowd though.

Gerrit
29/04/2005, 10:06 PM
100 spectators maybe ?? :eek: Anyway, I may come to see it if Shels don't play at the same time, a Dublin derby and spying on the other teams are always interesting.

Sheridan
29/04/2005, 11:50 PM
Tie switched to Belfield Park.

Schumi
03/05/2005, 10:34 AM
Tie switched to Belfield Park.
No surprise there really.

pineapple stu
03/05/2005, 12:52 PM
What sort of team are Dublin City likely to put out?

I assume we're going U-21s again, with a couple of experienced heads. Something like (putting in those experienced players who need a first-team game for fitness reasons)...

-----------------Gallagher----------------
Gannon-----Shortall-----Lynch----McAuley
O'Brien-----Hurley-------Kierans---AN Other
------------Byrne---Adrian Murphy--------

The likes of Derek Doyle, Conor Sammon, Kieran Foley and others will probably be in contention as well. Can't remember many of the U-21 players' names... :o Micko's suspended, of course.

Was it here Aberdonian Stu had that marvellously sarcastic League Cup line-up post?! :p

Poor Student
03/05/2005, 1:23 PM
I'm actually looking forward to this game provided I can get to it to get a good look at the mighty Paul Byrne.

A quick glane at the FAI site shows they have yet to post up the draw.

Schumi
03/05/2005, 1:40 PM
Micko's suspended, of course.
Ha ha, I'd forgotten about that, the crafty ba$tard. :D

A quick glance at the FAI site shows they have yet to post up the draw. or updated league tables :rolleyes:

Sheridan
03/05/2005, 2:16 PM
What sort of team are Dublin City likely to put out?
Last season we fielded a reserve XI (which nonetheless beat SPA and Shels :eek: ), but from talking to people within the club last week, we seem to be imputing greater importance to the competition this season, perhaps because of the introduction of a knockout format. Wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Dave McGill get a run, though.

Bald Student
03/05/2005, 2:23 PM
Tie switched to Belfield Park.My internet campaign is a success!

Colie
03/05/2005, 6:02 PM
My internet campaign is a success!

Yeah, I'd say the home fans'll flock to this one allright!

Schumi
04/05/2005, 2:19 PM
Was it here Aberdonian Stu had that marvellously sarcastic League Cup line-up post?! :p
This one (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=121237&postcount=2)? :D