PDA

View Full Version : Wc Tickets Part II

stojkovic
27/04/2005, 1:34 PM
Says in todays Herald that more tickets are available on May 2nd.
And that its on first come first served basis.

Green Tribe
27/04/2005, 2:06 PM
TST ones?

stojkovic
27/04/2005, 2:30 PM
TST ones?
I don't know its abiy vague.
It says log onto fifa.

eirebhoy
27/04/2005, 2:36 PM
* The first sales phase will start on 1st of February 2005 and will end on 31st of March 2005. All properly submitted applications received during this phase will be processed without delay. If the number of submitted applications for tickets exceeds the number of tickets set aside for this phase, tickets will be allocated by draw on 15th of April 2005.
Important: It makes no difference whether you apply early, on 1st of February, or late, on 31st of March. Every properly submitted application will stand the same chance to win at the draw.
* The second sales phase will start on 2nd of May 2005 and will end on 15th of November 2005. Ticket applications submitted during this stage will be processed in the order of receipt (according to the principle of “First come, first served”. Ticket allocation in the second phase will end with all tickets set aside for this phase being allocated, or by 15th of November 2005 latest.
* The third sales phase will begin 1st of December 2005 and will end 15th of January 2006. The procedure corresponds to that of phase one: All properly submitted registrations received during this stage will be considered for allocation. If the number of submitted applications for tickets exceeds the number of tickets set aside for this stage, tickets will be allocated by draw on 22nd of January 2006.
Important: It makes no difference whether you register early, on 1st of December 2005, or late, on 15th of January 2006. Every properly submitted application will stand the same chance to win at the draw.
* The fourth sales phase will start on 1st of February 2006 and will end on 15th of April 2006. Ticket applications submitted during this stage will be processed in the order of receipt (according to the principle “First come, first served“). Ticket allocation in the fourth phase will end with all tickets set aside for this phase being allocated, or by 15th of April 2006 latest.
* The fifth sales phase (last minute phase) will start on 1st of May 2006 and will end by 9th of July 2006. Ticket applications submitted during this fifth phase will be processed in the order of receipt (according to the principle of “First come, first served“). Ticket allocation will end when all tickets set aside for the fifth sales phase have been allocated, or by 9th of July latest. During this phase tickets will be allocated via the internet as well as via selected advance booking centers at the venues. At these centers you can pay cash or by credit card.

Further information regarding the second sales phase, set to begin in early May, will be published on the official site in late April.

Slash/ED
27/04/2005, 4:04 PM
What's the story with us though, we sold out our phase one tickets so is that our lot or have they tickets set aside for each phase?

Green Tribe
27/04/2005, 4:39 PM
What's the story with us though, we sold out our phase one tickets so is that our lot or have they tickets set aside for each phase?

I thought they had tickets(TST) set aside for phase 1 and 2, but then again i didn't read the fifa details with full attention :o

hope it is the case

gspain
28/04/2005, 7:48 AM
I don't think anyone knows for sure but I reckon this phase is only for unsold TSTs from phase 1.

I really really hope I'm wrong and will be checking just in case. Then I will grab another country if I can't get Ireland. There are a few likely qualifiers with TSTs still available.

Dawn_Run
28/04/2005, 10:42 AM
UEFA really need to get their act together. Their site is way out of date and info is misleading. The next phase is starting on Monday i think. Getting info on ticket sales up on their site one working day before the tickets go on sale is insane.

Its too risky imo to apply for TST's again. There may not be many on offer. Plus you cant cover yourself and apply for single tickets aswell. Madness

eirebhoy
28/04/2005, 11:35 AM
Its too risky imo to apply for TST's again. There may not be many on offer. Plus you cant cover yourself and apply for single tickets aswell. Madness
I've just read this article again and they say that the only tickets on sale in Phase two are TST's:

This Friday, exactly one week after the ballot for the first contingent of 2006 FIFA World Cup™ match tickets, applicants who ordered through the internet will receive an e-mail from the Organising Committee congratulating the lucky winners and commiserating with those who missed out. A total of 652,521 individual tickets as well as team specific series tickets and wheelchair users' places were allocated in the ballot.

The eagerly-awaited ballot took place at FIFA World Cup Ticketing Center headquarters on 15 April 2005, some 420 days before the Opening Match in 2006. The huge volume of data to be processed called for some 1,000 individual draw procedures, but the task was still completed within ten hours. 208,455 of around 900,000 applicants were allocated tickets, equivalent to a 1 in 4.3 chance of success in the first sales phase. The internet accounted for 95% of the applications received.

A clear majority of the applicants hailed from Germany, but thirteen team specific quotas available in the first phase were taken up in their entirety, namely Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, USA, and the host nation.

Ranked by number of applications, Germany headed the list followed by Great Britain, USA, Japan and Switzerland. Some 6.25 million (72 percent) of the 8.7 million valid applications originated in Germany.

All the tickets made available in the first sales phase for all 64 matches have been allocated, with "highlight" matches such as fixtures involving Germany, the semi-finals and the Final as much as 39 times overbooked.

Applicants who missed out in the first phase should try again when the second phase opens on 2 May 2005, offering exclusively team specific tickets through official website www.FIFAworldcup.com. In a significant departure from the first phase, the point at which applications are received assumes critical importance as 'first come, first served' applies from 2 May.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050420/1/3imf.html

green army
28/04/2005, 6:00 PM
dont think you can get tickets for ireland cos they were taken up in the first phase. better start looking at the ukraine or czech republic. ;)

Green Tribe
28/04/2005, 6:24 PM
dont think you can get tickets for ireland cos they were taken up in the first phase. better start looking at the ukraine or czech republic. ;)

Nah, need to support to support Ivory Coast, same colours! :D

GDHarps
29/04/2005, 8:29 AM
From the website this morning, so no Ireland tix ...

FIFA World Cup ticket sales resume 2 May
29 April 2005
by OC 2006 FIFA World Cup

The second sales period for 2006 FIFA World Cup™ match tickets begins on Monday 2 May 2005 on the stroke of 12 midday CEST (Central European Summer Time). Tickets will be allocated on a 'first come, first served' basis, i.e. applications will be processed in the order they are received. The second period features exclusively TST (Team Specific Ticket) series, available to order through the official website, www.FIFAworldcup.com.

A total of 147,000 TST series initially went on sale in the first period from 1 February to 31 March 2005. This form of ticket is already sold out for the following nations: Germany, Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden and the USA. The second sales period ends when all TST series tickets have been taken up, or on 15 November at the latest.

Team tickets ordered and confirmed as reserved by the OC only become binding if the team in question successfully qualifies for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. With worldwide qualifying still in progress, the possibility remains that a favourite team might not qualify. In this case, the reservation will be cancelled and the applicant will receive a refund minus a processing fee.

Team series holders can follow their favourite team for a specified number of matches, dependent upon results in the tournament. TST 3 covers all three group matches, TST 4 includes the round of sixteen, TST 5 the quarter-finals, TST 6 the semi-finals, and TST 7 represents the very best case, covering every game including the Final. TST series are sold in three price categories. The invoice total comprises the sum of all the individual match tickets plus a processing fee.

If the selected team fails to survive the group stage, the ticket is automatically transferred to the group winner. Should the team be knocked out at a later stage and the TST series remains valid for subsequent rounds, the ticket transfers to the nation which eliminated the selected team.

Up to four TST series may be ordered per household. However, applicants allocated individual tickets in the first sales period are not permitted to apply for TST series, as the terms and conditions only permit applications for one form of ticket.

The third sales period begins in December 2005 when up to 300,000 individual tickets will be released for sale.

4tothefloor
29/04/2005, 10:35 PM
Yup, there's no Ireland TST tickets left. I sent them an e-mail and got this reply.

thanks a lot for your query.

Due to the enormous demand of single tickets during the first sales phase, there will no single tickets be offered during the second sales phase. During the second sales phase, there will be available the Team Specific Tickets (TST) that are left of the first phase, which can be demanded under www.fifaworldcup.com. Thirteen team specific quotas available in the first phase were taken up in their entirety, namely Argentina, Brazil, England, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, USA, and the host nation.

If single match tickets were allocated to you in the first sales phase, you cannot order a TST series in the second sales phase. Single match tickets will be available during the third sales phase from 1st of December, 2005 until 15th of January, 2006. More specific information about this third sales phase will be published directly before in a press release.

Yours sincerely

Your 2006 FIFA World Cup (TM) Ticketing Center

:mad:

Green Tribe
30/04/2005, 3:35 AM
Yup, there's no Ireland TST tickets left. I sent them an e-mail and got this reply.

I'm going to have to sleep with that German guy after all to get the tickets! :eek: ;) :D

.....er joke....bit drunk here....... :o

Colie
30/04/2005, 11:43 AM
Well isn't that just Dandy.

I'll just get me a world cup final ticket & wait for the Green Army to arrive so.

Saint Tom
30/04/2005, 6:39 PM
seems ridiculous if you ask me.

Cowboy
30/04/2005, 10:35 PM
sleeping no big deal, its what you do when your awake which might be a problem :)

I'm going to have to sleep with that German guy after all to get the tickets! :eek:

.....er joke....bit drunk here.......

Green Tribe
30/04/2005, 10:39 PM
sleeping no big deal, its what you do when your awake which might be a problem :)

:D :D Ha ha!

loscherland
01/05/2005, 11:17 AM
Just a thought... as this phase is "first come, first served", woulnd't it be possible to make multiple applications???

Green Tribe
01/05/2005, 3:12 PM
I'm applying for tickets tomorrow, I really don't know what to go for, a team (TST) that should qualify with few fans or wait for single match tickets at a later stage (book stuttgart, nurnberg and munich). According to the latest, there are only TST tickets being sold, but none left for the previously mentioned countries :mad:

I think i might book a TST for 4 people tomorrow for Ivory Coast or Korea. Prefer Ivory Coast actually :D

I don't understand how these touts are going to get their tickets sold under different names, people won't get into the stadiums with them, or will they turn a blind eye :confused:

Poor Student
01/05/2005, 3:17 PM
I don't understand how these touts are going to get their tickets sold under different names, people won't get into the stadiums with them, or will they turn a blind eye :confused:

I never got how that works as I feel people got into last time's WC games with tickets that did not have their name.

Green Tribe
01/05/2005, 3:18 PM
I never got how that works as I feel people got into last time's WC games with tickets that did not have their name.

Yeah, otherwise there will be lots of empty seats :confused:

soylent green
02/05/2005, 10:24 AM

At Euro 2000 & WC 2002 your name was printed on the ticket and you were supposed to have ID on you. Having been to a couple of these major championships, I've never seen ID been checked at the gate. Its just not pracitcal with 30,000 people turning up 30 mins before KO.

gspain
02/05/2005, 10:02 PM
At Euro 2000 & WC 2002 your name was printed on the ticket and you were supposed to have ID on you. Having been to a couple of these major championships, I've never seen ID been checked at the gate. Its just not pracitcal with 30,000 people turning up 30 mins before KO.

It takes 9 hours to check a stadium for id.

they say this every major tournament and never follow through. Maybe one year they'll keep their threat but I'm not too concerned.

I'll be swopping an Iran ticket for a Costa Rica or Ivory Coast etc or possibly even a Saudi one and won't be too worried about the names. Horse trading started tonight on the phone.

Lets just hope we make it and I'll gladly take tickets with Osama Bin Laden on them if needs be.