PDA

View Full Version : Half Time Heroes

DonO'Bate
26/04/2005, 6:32 PM
I have just read the Shamrock Rovers 400 Club press release. One of the concepts that they have come up with is the Half Time Heroes where a player from their glorious past is introduced to the crowd.

United should copy this idea as well and invite a former player to a match to be introduced to the crowd at half time. I would invite Lewellyn Riley as he was the ultimate half time hero. Who would you invite?

GalwayFrancis
26/04/2005, 9:04 PM
I have just read the Shamrock Rovers 400 Club press release. One of the concepts that they have come up with is the Half Time Heroes where a player from their glorious past is introduced to the crowd.

United should copy this idea as well and invite a former player to a match to be introduced to the crowd at half time. I would invite Lewellyn Riley as he was the ultimate half time hero. Who would you invite?

i would invite Luther Watson back, he was a legend :D

JC_GUFC
26/04/2005, 9:21 PM
We've had some legends in our time!

Last I heard Shane Watkins' attempts at dodging the draft failed and he's now based in Fallujah! So I guess we should invite him back.
We could invite Stephen 'Student' Grant and have a half-time modelling show but I think the pick of our 'legends' has to be VLAD! :D

DonO'Bate
26/04/2005, 9:43 PM
We've had some legends in our time!

Last I heard Shane Watkins' attempts at dodging the draft failed and he's now based in Fallujah! So I guess we should invite him back.
We could invite Stephen 'Student' Grant and have a half-time modelling show but I think the pick of our 'legends' has to be VLAD! :D

So he was the guy in that photo giving a United scarf to an Iraqi child.

You are absolutley right, how could I forget Vlad the Impalers one and only United performance on a chilly night in Buckley Park where he successfully skinned a few Cats. How our midfield could do with his swash buckling skills now!!!

Terry
27/04/2005, 6:59 AM
I would invite Ryan Lucas and get him to show everybody his shot on goal that made him famous! :eek: :)