PDA

View Full Version : Support Acts

Dublin12
26/04/2005, 1:48 PM
What were the best support acts at an indoor gig that you have seen?.I went to see The Jesus and Mary Chain at Brixton Academy in 92',I think :confused: ,anyway the support that night was from My Bloody Valentine,Dinosaur Jnr and Blur,needless to say I was in Heaven and back that night :cool: ,also seen My Bloody Valentine,Ride and The House of Love one night aswell,but reckon the JAMC gig was the best.And Yours??

ken foree
26/04/2005, 3:20 PM
saw the jamc open up for mazzy star in the states. mopped the floor with them they did! hmm i'll have to think of a few others although manitoba and sunburned hand of the man are springing to mind, both amazing

Pat O' Banton
26/04/2005, 8:04 PM
What were the best support acts at an indoor gig that you have seen?.I went to see The Jesus and Mary Chain at Brixton Academy in 92',I think :confused: ,anyway the support that night was from My Bloody Valentine,Dinosaur Jnr and Blur,??

Ah the Rollercoaster tour, I was there on the Sunday Night, have to say I thought that Blur were diabolical (in fact the worst band that I have ever seen) but your right about the line up and in general the rest were brilliant.

Saw The Verve (or just plain old Verve as they were at the time) be first support band on for a band called Moose in January 1992. Moose were phenominally bad but Verve were simply outstanding and probably remain the finest support act that I have see.

If it counts Toasted Heretic on during the afternoon at the Feildh (finsbury Park) on the small stage the same year were brilliant.

ken foree
26/04/2005, 8:33 PM
.. for a band called Moose in January 1992. Moose were phenominally bad but Verve were simply outstanding and probably remain the finest support act that I have see.

moose! there's a name i haven't heard in ages. ah their 'country' album was great, shame about their live set you mentioned. verve amazing every time i seen 'em

Lionel Ritchie
27/04/2005, 10:44 AM
When The Wedding Present played in the Parkway in Limerick in 1991 not only were they stupendously amazing -they also had Buffalo Tom playing support. first time hearing 'Taillights Fade' ...amazing stuff.

Pat O' Banton
27/04/2005, 12:06 PM
moose! there's a name i haven't heard in ages. ah their 'country' album was great, shame about their live set you mentioned. verve amazing every time i seen 'em

Never bought the album but have the preceeding EP (which was also done in parts in a very country style) which has the fantastic 'This River Never Will Run Dry' on it.

Dublin12
27/04/2005, 12:11 PM
I remember a song from Moose I used to love..Suzanne,class stuff, a real shoegazer song :cool:

Pat O' Banton
27/04/2005, 12:19 PM
I remember a song from Moose I used to love..Suzanne,class stuff, a real shoegazer song :cool:

Floppy fringes, doc martins, strippy t-shirts and Lush or Slowdive in the turntable, happy days :) (Suzanne was a class song as well)