PDA

View Full Version : Lissadel to meet big guns

anthony browne
25/04/2005, 7:48 PM
What a great display of football by Lissadel to send Rockmount crashing out of the F.A.I. CUP well done the lads.

amarach
25/04/2005, 8:02 PM
Totally agree with you the lads of Lissadel played great football, Rockmount died when they walked on the pitch, a display never to be seen again, had a great craic with the lad doing the MC think his name was Gavin, bought tickets from him for the jersies joked with him were our's gonna go into the draw lol, he swore they would, his word was honoured when I WON a boh's jersey lol, swapped it with his nephew for the CORK jersey

Disheartening day for us Rockmount supporters Great Day for Lissadel I wish them the best of Luck and hope they go a long way

Clifford
25/04/2005, 9:14 PM
What a great display of football by Lissadel to send Rockmount crashing out of the F.A.I. CUP well done the lads.

Hats off to the lads and lasses Anthony, a super day all round for the Lisadell club. Well organised off the pitch, really nice craic with the DJ and all the lads around the place. I thoroughly enjoyed it and there were more home fans there than at Whitehall the week before for an intermediate cup semi final. I wish you well in the next round and in the cup final Friday night.

As Amarach says, top class fun with the jersies. Don't think she's too sad with all that begging!!!!!Took it off a 5 year old in the end she did!!!!!

amarach
25/04/2005, 10:04 PM
Now Now Clifford it was my charm that done it :D it was the boy that was selling the tickets nephew lol so we worked it out well, course I had to pretend I didnt' know I had the winning tickets :rolleyes:

Had to come away from Dublin with something :o

We went to Nancy Hands after the match then lads hit off license for us, straight to Branigans after train then over to Cubins finished up very very late as we got take away from Night Club :eek: I'm suffering for it all day

But back to Lissadel
Good Luck Lads

Clifford
26/04/2005, 9:44 AM
Now Now Clifford it was my charm that done it :D it was the boy that was selling the tickets nephew lol so we worked it out well, course I had to pretend I didnt' know I had the winning tickets :rolleyes:

Had to come away from Dublin with something :o

We went to Nancy Hands after the match then lads hit off license for us, straight to Branigans after train then over to Cubins finished up very very late as we got take away from Night Club :eek: I'm suffering for it all day

But back to Lissadel
Good Luck Lads

Can't believe yee still went on a big one, that's the best way to do it. Driving home with Slatts we were speculating as to how drunk you lot would get. Fantastic effort indeed considering the heat in Dublin, nice one.

southcider
26/04/2005, 1:38 PM
was at sundays game which lissadel deservedly won 3-o but rockmount were their own worst enemies by telling everyone who was there that their managment and 2/3 players decided to go to manchester assuming they wouldnt be missed in dublin[lack of respect springs to mind] .best of luck to the del in the next round

Clifford
26/04/2005, 2:19 PM
was at sundays game which lissadel deservedly won 3-o but rockmount were their own worst enemies by telling everyone who was there that their managment and 2/3 players decided to go to manchester assuming they wouldnt be missed in dublin[lack of respect springs to mind] .best of luck to the del in the next round

Pure and utter lies and bile. Welcome to the board.

There were three involved in Manc trip, the other three were injured or elsewhere and not a stone was left unturned in getting the players there in fact. My mate plays with them and he broke his balls to make it, went way above and beyond the call of duty for a footie match to be honest, but such was the respect shown to Lisadell that he made it and so did others. Wonder how many other clubs who had originally about ten players unavailable (cos they were told weekend was free) would have made such efforts???

The fai ignored justified pleas from the club to move the game to this weekend. Typical ignorance from them and I'd refer you to the **** up in the FAI junior cup to see what their form this year is so far. When is the next round? Bloody June.

But, as this topic is about Lisadell, I repeat my admiration for their tenacity and great welcome to our club on Sunday and wish them all the best. I'm sure they could do without your sniping also.

amarach
26/04/2005, 4:33 PM
Can't believe yee still went on a big one, that's the best way to do it. Driving home with Slatts we were speculating as to how drunk you lot would get. Fantastic effort indeed considering the heat in Dublin, nice one.

Yep had a great night afterwards, lifted the lads spirits, we've the intermediate cup now to concentrate and at least this year the lads will have a summer break

amarach
26/04/2005, 4:36 PM

Ehhhh tell us who was the person that was telling everyone who was at the match about people being missing????

Clifford was it you?? Eh was it me?? Was it Neil??? We were all stood together and I can't remember any of us making up excuses about the lads pathetic performance, Lissadel went for it and won it ............. get over it now, it's a wee bit strange how all the posts that are appearing are from people who've just joined the board..........supicious me nah :rolleyes:

Clifford
26/04/2005, 5:16 PM
Yep had a great night afterwards, lifted the lads spirits, we've the intermediate cup now to concentrate and at least this year the lads will have a summer break

You can sing it. The needed a good laugh to get it out of the system, tough game again Thurs night and Sun. Bring it on.

southcider
26/04/2005, 6:21 PM
sorry if i offended anyone none was intended the info regarding manc trip was
given to the " dell " management an hour before game . heard the craic on the far line was great. we wish you well in intermediate cup final .

amarach
26/04/2005, 8:50 PM
No one offended boy, thanks for the good wishes, I'm sure we'll be ready for whatever Wayside bring

Best of Luck in the FAI

Clifford
27/04/2005, 12:14 AM
sorry if i offended anyone none was intended the info regarding manc trip was
given to the " dell " management an hour before game . heard the craic on the far line was great. we wish you well in intermediate cup final .

No harm done champ, as I said welcome to the site. You were right about the Manc trip, but it was certainly not a show of disrespect. It was an impossible situation to correct and all involved were gutted to miss such a big game. Lisadell played it superbly and a great day was had except for the result......thanks for the good wishes, bet your all hoping for St Pats at home eh?

amarach
27/04/2005, 8:43 AM
When's the draw for the 2nd round taking place???

Clifford
27/04/2005, 12:07 PM
When's the draw for the 2nd round taking place???

I'd imagine it would be in the next week or two, but the FAI have made a mess of Carew Park in the Junior cup and as they drew last week in the senior cup the replays won't be until after 8th May according to the FAI web site. Hmmmm, makes you wonder why putting back our game by one week was not an option...

razor
27/04/2005, 12:18 PM
get over it now, it's a wee bit strange how all the posts that are appearing are from people who've just joined the board..........supicious me nah :rolleyes:It shouldn't matter how long the guy is on this site, he is entitled to his opinion.
if they heard it, they heard it.
Rockmount do have a name for being somewhat over confident if not cocky in footballing circles. Granted at the moment they are walking the walk but they didn't last Sunday and this is something to watch out for.

amarach
27/04/2005, 12:25 PM
Eh we're from CORK :rolleyes:

drummerboy
27/04/2005, 12:26 PM
I'd imagine it would be in the next week or two, but the FAI have made a mess of Carew Park in the Junior cup and as they drew last week in the senior cup the replays won't be until after 8th May according to the FAI web site. Hmmmm, makes you wonder why putting back our game by one week was not an option...

The FAI are meeting RTE to reschedule the Draw for the 2nd Round. Should know before the end of the week.

razor
27/04/2005, 12:29 PM
Eh we're from CORK :rolleyes:Sure aren't we all, i thought you were from Derry ;)

amarach
27/04/2005, 12:39 PM
It shouldn't matter how long the guy is on this site, he is entitled to his opinion.
Rockmount do have a name for being somewhat over confident if not cocky in footballing circles. Granted at the moment they are walking the walk but they didn't last Sunday and this is something to watch out for.

Over confident :D you're having a laugh.......suppose when you reach the quarter finals of the FAI CUP, getting to the Intermediate Cup Final 3 years running you do pick up along the way ABR

We've walked the walk, talked the talk Razor, we've nothing to proove boy, yep we had a bad day sunday so what it happens to the most professional of teams.........the thing is to learn not to dwell on it, we're ready for our coming games........so no worries there :cool:

amarach
27/04/2005, 12:40 PM
Sure aren't we all, i thought you were from Derry ;)

My comment about us being from Cork was my reason for the FAI not moving the game from last Sunday.

What you on about you thought I was from Derry :rolleyes: I love Derry City FC yep, Rockmount are my Cork team, Derry my eircom league team nothing wrong with that :p

Clifford
27/04/2005, 2:06 PM
It shouldn't matter how long the guy is on this site, he is entitled to his opinion.

Sweeping statement that one, Razor. What footballing circles? I've got a load of mates in the MSL from various clubs, and they always come and text me good wishes on the days of big games and have no axe to grind with us on or off the pitch. I suppose it's in the eye of the beholder, but I can see what you mean.