PDA

View Full Version : williams sacked as scottish coach

exile
25/04/2005, 4:54 PM
just announced matt williams has been sacked as scottish coach

not sure the state of scottish rugby is his fault scottish rugby was in a bad way when he took over and sure as hell is not going to get any better because they sacked him

pete
25/04/2005, 10:21 PM
No surprise at all really. Again not sure its his fault but Scotland are sh!te. Their provinces seem to get real small crowds too.

I wonder will he return to Leinster.

Bolnoy Bratchny
26/04/2005, 8:52 AM
I'd say a return to Leinster is probably on the cards given the lack of good coaches availble a the moment.

joeSoap
26/04/2005, 9:27 AM
Doubt it very much...Williams arrogance upset a lot of the wigs at the Leinster Branch, and they won't welcome him with open arms. I think John Kirwan will be the first man offered the Leinster job...whether or not he takes it is another matter, but I imagine Mr Williams is pretty far down their list.

Schumi
26/04/2005, 1:07 PM
I'd say a return to Leinster is probably on the cards given the lack of good coaches availble a the moment.
God I hope not, the ineptitude of the current Sottish side's defence isn't something I want to see in Donnybrook next year.

Bolnoy Bratchny
26/04/2005, 3:45 PM
God I hope not, the ineptitude of the current Sottish side's defence isn't something I want to see in Donnybrook next year.

I agree, he seems to pass a lot of blame on to the players, although Scotland dont have a great squad they should be much better than they have been. They look incredibly disorganised at times, something that should be instilled in them by the coach.