First Division:

Athlone Town v Limerick

Cobh Ramblers v Bray Wanderers

Galway Utd v Cabinteely

Shelbourne v Longford Town

Wexford v Drogheda Utd

RathfarnhamHoop
31/05/2019, 6:57 PM
So can we now confirm the RTE cameras are in fact a jinx and should be banned from all grounds on safety reasons?

Shearer
31/05/2019, 7:01 PM
Very small crowd at this game on TV...

pineapple stu
31/05/2019, 7:28 PM
Want to move that microphone!

"Get up off the ground ya Rovers c***"

RathfarnhamHoop
31/05/2019, 7:43 PM
Jesus these lads on commentary aren't exactly helping, been a poor game but the two of them sound like old lads down the pub grudgingly watching the game cause the lad behind the bar won't change the channel to the golf.

joey B
31/05/2019, 7:49 PM
Jesus these lads on commentary aren't exactly helping, been a poor game but the two of them sound like old lads down the pub grudgingly watching the game cause the lad behind the bar won't change the channel to the golf.

Id say George is raging he's not in Madrid!

Nesta99
31/05/2019, 8:04 PM
Penalty Dundalk...

Nesta99
31/05/2019, 8:09 PM
Want to move that microphone!

"Get up off the ground ya Rovers c***"

Dundalk FM isnt always pre watershed material!

Shearer
31/05/2019, 8:10 PM
Dundalk FM isnt always pre watershed material!
This is the Pat's game though..

Nesta99
31/05/2019, 8:23 PM
Penalty Dundalk...

joey B
31/05/2019, 8:23 PM
Finn Harps:A story of Defense (lack of!), Discipline (Lack of!) and Despair.......

Nesta99
31/05/2019, 8:27 PM
This is the Pat's game though..

With Shamrock Rover not playing I did assume it was a comment on Sligo :D

pineapple stu
31/05/2019, 8:29 PM
Penalty Dundalk...
Red card Harps...

Not sure which is more predictable!

On a side note, is the Harps/UCD/everyone else gap a sign of big problems with the First Division? OK, the gap has never been this big before, but while there's a bit of a boom in the Premier, the Graveyard seems to be getting worse. You wonder what can/should be done about that. The Quinn consortium are talking about extra teams in the league, which is laudable, but at the moment completely pie in the sky. Fewer teams seems more likely.

RathfarnhamHoop
31/05/2019, 8:32 PM
Is that 12 or 13 penalties in the league for Dundalk this season now?

El-Pietro
31/05/2019, 8:48 PM
Thats a joke to be honest. Ref added a well over a minute onto the additional 3 minutes. There was nothing in the 3 minutes to add on. One yellow card.
That said, we shouldn't be letting them get a chance there.

Conor McCarthys interview after the game was classic, one of the funniest things you'll see on RTÉ all year.

osarusan
31/05/2019, 8:53 PM
On a side note, is the Harps/UCD/everyone else gap a sign of big problems with the First Division?
I was discussing just this with another Limerick fan a few weeks ago.

The division is brutal beyond belief. The football is atrocious. Maybe I didn't notice it last time as we won the division so easily, but I can see it now.

We are broke and woeful, and we are very competitive in the division.

pineapple stu
31/05/2019, 8:56 PM
Thats a joke to be honest. Ref added a well over a minute onto the additional 3 minutes. There was nothing in the 3 minutes to add on. One yellow card.

Conor McCarthys interview after the game was classic, one of the funniest things you'll see on RTÉ all year.
There was a sub and a booking for timewasting. Starts to add up then.

Cracking interview alright.

El-Pietro
31/05/2019, 8:59 PM
There was a sub and a booking for timewasting. Starts to add up then.

Cracking interview alright.That should only add to a minute. He had the whistle in his mouth but pulled it out again to let the attack develop. We should have defended better, feel for the players who are lacking in quality but not effort tonight.

The most frustrating thing is the sub who came on was the one who didn't track the runner. Hes only young and I think this is only his second appearance, hopefully he learns from this.

pineapple stu
31/05/2019, 9:01 PM
Injury time indicated is always a minimum though. The ref can add an extra few seconds if he deems fit. If the goal now is only 15 seconds over (allowing for a minute of timewasting in injury time), then to me there's no real complaints.

joey B
31/05/2019, 9:50 PM
Watching us defend is driving me to drink,dear god how can we be so bad....

desaintsno.12
31/05/2019, 10:00 PM
Jesus we are truly awful. Please just p1ss off Kenny , you clueless moron.

marinobohs
31/05/2019, 10:01 PM
Watching us defend is driving me to drink,dear god how can we be so bad....
To be fair both defenses were dreadful 😁 worst standard of play I’ve seen in the premier division this season.
Bohs had just a little more class (mainly Mandroiu) to get the points. Delighted for Swanny to finally get a couple of goals.
Eminently forgettable match - Sunday league stuff all around.

Longfordian
31/05/2019, 10:25 PM
I’m not sure how we contrived to miss all of our chances in Tolka tonight. On top for 70 minutes of the game and well on top for most of the second half but if we can’t finish clear cut chances we’re not going to get the results that the performances merit. I was decidedly unimpressed with Shels for the money they’ve spent, bar a bright opening. Big game on Monday for us now.

oriel
31/05/2019, 11:14 PM
Is that 12 or 13 penalties in the league for Dundalk this season now?

Not sure RH, we thought it was 10 for the first one tonight, then again not even sure why the second one was given.

Mountney with a hatrick, unreal, this guy seems to play himself out of the team every year, then come back with performances like this just in time for europe.

RathfarnhamHoop
31/05/2019, 11:20 PM
Not sure RH, we thought it was 10 for the first one tonight, then again not even sure why the second one was given.

Mountney with a hatrick, unreal, this guy seems to play himself out of the team every year, then come back with performances like this just in time for europe.

Just checked and its 12, according to stats going back to 2007 that's the joint record for the league with Drogheda in 2013 I think it was.

ToberonaTornado
01/06/2019, 12:03 AM
Mountney would frustrate the absolute arse of ya!!
Fair play to Hoban for giving -up his pen to him to get the hat-trick

The only surprise about tonight's match was that we weren't ahead by more than 1 goal at h/t :( We played well & created some great chances.Sligo were stout in resistance that half and created some good chances of their own
then.. PENALY DUNDALK - and it was.
Dundalk laboured at times especcially at the start of the 2nd half but Sligo hadnt the manpower to take advantage and after Hoban scored our 1Million th pen of the saeason Dundalk took full control

Shoutout to Hoban for letting Mountney get his hat trick.

Psychological edge now with Dundalk.

total hoofball
01/06/2019, 8:31 AM
I’m not sure how we contrived to miss all of our chances in Tolka tonight. On top for 70 minutes of the game and well on top for most of the second half but if we can’t finish clear cut chances we’re not going to get the results that the performances merit. I was decidedly unimpressed with Shels for the money they’ve spent, bar a bright opening. Big game on Monday for us now.
We're top of the league without hardly any impressive performances, manager and team still look like they're trying to figure it out but aside from the galacticos like Kilduff, Ryan Brennan, Conan Byrne, the rest of our squad is first division standard fodder. We were missing our first 3 choice centre-halfs, our first choice right-back, I thought we did very last night considering our sticking-plaster back-line who includes an inexperienced 2nd choice goalkeeper and I don't think Longford were anywhere near as dominant last night as you are making it out to be

total hoofball
01/06/2019, 8:36 AM
On a side note, is the Harps/UCD/everyone else gap a sign of big problems with the First Division? OK, the gap has never been this big before, but while there's a bit of a boom in the Premier, the Graveyard seems to be getting worse. You wonder what can/should be done about that. The Quinn consortium are talking about extra teams in the league, which is laudable, but at the moment completely pie in the sky. Fewer teams seems more likely.
The first division is bad, but I don't feel it's quite as bad as 2015-2017 seasons but it's a mile off the standards from 2008-2011

The entire league has become fractured in standards, looks to me there are 3 divisions in Premier and 2 divisions in the First. Any 'boom' is ringfenced to Dundalk, Rovers and Bohs, otherwise the rest of the LOI is just poor and regressing

Ezeikial
01/06/2019, 9:52 AM

It was given for a foul by Kyle McFadden on Pat Hoban at the penalty box

patsdad
01/06/2019, 10:04 AM
Injury time indicated is always a minimum though. The ref can add an extra few seconds if he deems fit. If the goal now is only 15 seconds over (allowing for a minute of timewasting in injury time), then to me there's no real complaints.

You’re spot on. I was at the match but it’s interesting to watch the injury time on the recording, with an eye on the clock. Minimum of 3 minutes shown on board. Substitution makes it 3.30. Goal scored on 4.09 so there’s 39 secs to account for. Ref has to intervene for timewasting twice in injury time. First the player being subbed tried to drag it out and the ref has to go over to him and tell him to stop messing. Then Sheppard kicks the ball away at a throw-in and ref goes over and books him. More than enough justification for 39 secs in that. And it’s hilarious to see the two alleged experts on the RTE panel being adamant that nothing happened in injury time to add anything to the 3 mins. Even Peter Collins, not exactly the Einstein of anchormen, called them out on it.

marinobohs
01/06/2019, 10:12 AM
You’re spot on. I was at the match but it’s interesting to watch the injury time on the recording, with an eye on the clock. Minimum of 3 minutes shown on board. Substitution makes it 3.30. Goal scored on 4.09 so there’s 39 secs to account for. Ref has to intervene for timewasting twice in injury time. First the player being subbed tried to drag it out and the ref has to go over to him and tell him to stop messing. Then Sheppard kicks the ball away at a throw-in and ref goes over and books him. More than enough justification for 39 secs in that. And it’s hilarious to see the two alleged experts on the RTE panel being adamant that nothing happened in injury time to add anything to the 3 mins. Even Peter Collins, not exactly the Einstein of anchormen, called them out on it.

Almost make you believe in karma 😁 Cork served up a shocking display of time wasting at Dalymount and got away with it. Would be nice to see refs add extra time in all such instances, too often it doesn’t happen.

Jack B
01/06/2019, 10:18 AM
Kenny has us playing some absolute garbage ffs. Being on tele hopefully put it in perspective for supporters of other clubs that have only really seen our league position and assumed it wasn't that bad. The crowd says it all, around 4000 at the corresponding fixture at the start of the season...to that. We need putting out of our misery.

Jd2793
01/06/2019, 10:51 AM
Whats the buzz with Brandon Miele, Pats fans? No sign of him lately

oriel
01/06/2019, 11:50 AM

Damn right it was a joke. Ruined my fiver treble bet of Dlk / Bohs / Cork !

I just fancied you boys to get a decent result. Watched the game back. No way was there that additional time.

patsdad
01/06/2019, 12:07 PM
Damn right it was a joke. Ruined my fiver treble bet of Dlk / Bohs / Cork !

I just fancied you boys to get a decent result. Watched the game back. No way was there that additional time.

So you watched it back.... but were you blinded by the tears of your lost bet?

Which of these did you not see:

- the board for a minimum of 3 mins
- the substitution in injury time, adding 30 secs
- the referee having to go to the player who was being substituted to tell him to stop delaying and get off the pitch - therefore time added for timewasting
- Sheppard kicking the ball away at a throw-in and being booked for timewasting - therefore more time added
- the goal being scored on 94.09 which is 39 seconds after the minimum 3.30 - that 39 secs coming from the two instances of timewasting that the ref correctly allowed for.

oriel
01/06/2019, 1:16 PM
It was very late when I watched the match back, and in hindsight that was correct re Sheppard kicking it away, time was going to be added on for that and maybe the subs, fair enough.

Prob fair enough on Pats come to think of it after last weeks injury time loss, Cork at least got a point.

Longfordian
01/06/2019, 1:36 PM
We're top of the league without hardly any impressive performances, manager and team still look like they're trying to figure it out but aside from the galacticos like Kilduff, Ryan Brennan, Conan Byrne, the rest of our squad is first division standard fodder. We were missing our first 3 choice centre-halfs, our first choice right-back, I thought we did very last night considering our sticking-plaster back-line who includes an inexperienced 2nd choice goalkeeper and I don't think Longford were anywhere near as dominant last night as you are making it out to be

Well it certainly felt that way at the game though looking back on it now we did struggle to create much aside from the two or three clear chances that we missed. I don’t recall Steacy having much to do apart from the save from the rebound off the post early on.

TonyD
01/06/2019, 6:01 PM
Whats the buzz with Brandon Miele, Pats fans? No sign of him lately

Have been wondering the same. Currently m.i.a

TonyD
01/06/2019, 6:05 PM
Kenny has us playing some absolute garbage ffs. Being on tele hopefully put it in perspective for supporters of other clubs that have only really seen our league position and assumed it wasn't that bad. The crowd says it all, around 4000 at the corresponding fixture at the start of the season...to that. We need putting out of our misery.

Have to agree sadly. I don't think there is any problem with the commitment of the players, as was shown last night, but we have a decent squad and should be favourites to grab third spot, on paper at least. The reality is we haven't played anywhere near that level all season.

outspoken
02/06/2019, 8:42 AM
I was discussing just this with another Limerick fan a few weeks ago.

The division is brutal beyond belief. The football is atrocious. Maybe I didn't notice it last time as we won the division so easily, but I can see it now.

We are broke and woeful, and we are very competitive in the division.

We discussed this on our pod a few weeks ago, the standard is absolutely woeful

outspoken
02/06/2019, 8:44 AM
Well it certainly felt that way at the game though looking back on it now we did struggle to create much aside from the two or three clear chances that we missed. I don’t recall Steacy having much to do apart from the save from the rebound off the post early on.

Shels dominated first 15 or so, shoudlvd been ahead with the header, Town shoudlvd scored when Verdon missed a sitter but half time draw was fair. Second half there was only one team in it, town dominated but lack of a striker has hampered us all season. Dobbs is not the man to get us promoted. I reckon he'd be decent with someone alongside him but on his own he's paper light

marinobohs
02/06/2019, 5:13 PM
Have to agree sadly. I don't think there is any problem with the commitment of the players, as was shown last night, but we have a decent squad and should be favourites to grab third spot, on paper at least. The reality is we haven't played anywhere near that level all season.

Still think it's way to early to change but might depend on finances, pretty hefty wage bill there so may need European football to fund/justify outgoings, third place still very much up for grabs.
Most likely HK will get until end of season and situation looked at then.

Olander
03/06/2019, 8:41 PM
Fair result in Longford, they absolutely bossed the first half and should've had more than 2 goals. We were so poor. We paid Longford far too much respect and stood off them way too much.

Second half we actually pressed them and had a proper go. We got in their faces and could've nicked a draw late on, but it probably wouldn't have been deserved overall. We gave ourselves too much of a mountain to climb.

Martinho II
04/06/2019, 2:05 PM
Fair result in Longford, they absolutely bossed the first half and should've had more than 2 goals. We were so poor. We paid Longford far too much respect and stood off them way too much.

Second half we actually pressed them and had a proper go. We got in their faces and could've nicked a draw late on, but it probably wouldn't have been deserved overall. We gave ourselves too much of a mountain to climb.

ye were very impressive olander second half in fairness the last few weeks cabinteely got in our faces and ye did in terryland.. walsh was like a man possessed for ye he was timid when he was with us. only for lee stacey ye could have equalised but he was to blame for yer first goal .from section o side of ground he hesitated and didnt go for ball resulting in ye scoring!

outspoken
04/06/2019, 7:49 PM

Spot on. Was very noticeable how far you stood off first half, think the idea was let Longford have it and play it across the back wel sit deep and play on the break. Early good destroyed that yet nothing changed and we went 2-0 up, was only then Galway pressed high up and started to make things happen.