PDA

View Full Version : Junior Soccer in Cork

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

latte2012
25/05/2019, 1:31 PM
Thread to discuss junior soccer in cork. Thoughts on this season as it comes to an end?

Dr. football
27/05/2019, 2:54 PM
alot of teams didnt see out the season MSL/AUL/CBSL seems to be less and less teams around. are some clubs keeping bigger squads happy or not as many players around?

latte2012
27/05/2019, 9:20 PM
A lot of clubs struggling for numbers alright. Even MSL senior teams struggling for numbers it seems. Hard to know why!

the hawk
28/05/2019, 11:35 AM
alot of teams didnt see out the season MSL/AUL/CBSL seems to be less and less teams around. are some clubs keeping bigger squads happy or not as many players around?
Genuinely think that the AUL needs a dramatic overhaul and if that can't happen it should be done away with it

Teams are folding left right and center ,Most clubs don't have any decent facilities .They should move all the teams from the AUL on to the MJL that can meet the criteria of proper dressing rooms and pitch with a fence around it and have sufficient schoolboys that can feed through to the senior team so they have some hope of feeding the senior team

By moving to the MJL this still allows the incoming AUL teams to still play in the MJC and FAI jnr cup and they can see updated fixtures regularly and what there league table actually looks like and by having teams meet the criteria there is lot less chance of teams folding

Now i know teams have folded from the senior league as well Ballincollig etc but i do see this as a viable option .

There is way too many teams in the Cork soccer in such congested areas ,one prime example is that you have Castleview ,Temple and the team across the car park .This 3 clubs within 50 meters of each other ,Not to mention that Gratton are just up the road and there is definitely some other that are also very close by

It works in the GAA as fellas just can't up and leave but when fellas can move all the time it makes it harder

overthehill
28/05/2019, 4:24 PM
Sounds grand on paper hawk but how many teams in the aul actually have a pitch with a fence and a schoolboys section? A handful, that leaves 60 odd teams and say 16 in squad.......nearly 1000 lads with no ball. Yes some teams should amalgamate but we need the aul. Msl is fairly full of teams now and those with the facilities you mention will move on up as per Park utd, kinsale,Kilreen etc recently and Lakewood athletic next season I believe. Aul will continue to rumble along and fill an important role in Cork soccer offerings.

Junior10
01/06/2019, 9:17 AM
The AUL need a new website and a facebook page. This will drum up more interest. Im joining it this season and it's difficult to navigate or get any info from the site. I read some past forums here that said they are loosing clubs fast. Think this is a start for sustainability.

SteveSilvermint
03/06/2019, 5:08 PM
I agree with hawk on most things but why not just have prem PremA and 1 of each other div.

Dr. football
05/06/2019, 11:52 AM
20 odd teams too in the shipping league, they have a new website up their with the MSL one.i saw on there social media accounts coverage of a final it was better then soccer republic, 5 camreas drone, pre and post match interviews was even a promo before the match!!

I think its a lack of pitches and not many of the pitches in AUL are been kept in good nick, loads a games called off so hard to keep people intrested.

SteveSilvermint
05/06/2019, 6:26 PM
We are talking about saving football and your talking about inflating egos of ordenery players by interviewing them the problems in Cork football won't be cured that way. Ted won't mind sure he got a chairmanship in fai junior quango.

fruice
06/06/2019, 10:23 AM
I agree with a lot what ye say but the AUL still serves a very valueable fuction for those 1000 or so players mentioned above.
Yes it needs a big shake up and new look but a lot of this should be easily achievable.
For instance the promotion of games and access to information about fixtures tables etc.
Is very easily sorted as there is currently loads of working models out there they could just copy.

The use of twitter to give match results would be fantastic the clubs just need to post them and the aul re tweet it very simple.

But let the aul recomend that the clubs do it be proactive.

What the Business League did with the cup final was excellent why not make a big deal of the teams make the day out more a memorable expierence

latte2012
06/06/2019, 8:18 PM
Bang on. The AUL needs to get with the times, utilizing social media more would be a start.

SteveSilvermint
09/06/2019, 1:02 PM
Aul was exciting to be fair with a few play offs and knocknaneey and village taking the 2 big honours.

JaketheSnake
10/06/2019, 12:04 PM
Is this just a way to get around the Cork Aul threads been banned?

Dr. football
10/06/2019, 2:05 PM
be intresting to see the make up of msl next year, 11 teams in 2nd division,im hearing casement will have a team in it, Maybe Ballincollig also?

Hearing Passage putting a team in AUL presume this will be a 2nd team with the other MJL 1st?

i think option for some of the bigger MSL teams to have 2nd or 3rd junior teams in AUL would also be good for AUL.

Dr. football
17/06/2019, 3:16 PM
Carrigtwohill switching to MSL for next season another 2 teams gone from AUL, another team to the rapidly growing Munster junior league, maybe 4 divisions next season? defiantly needs to be a big reshuffle of the AUL league system.

fruice
17/06/2019, 6:34 PM
Any word on if Lakewood are staton or going?

wesleyBHFC
17/06/2019, 8:54 PM
Going MSL!

fruice
18/06/2019, 8:50 AM
I wonder if Lakewood and Carrigtwohill are taking both their teams.
If so there will be a big restructure in the leagues as 2 teams folded last season.

SteveSilvermint
18/06/2019, 3:45 PM
At this rate there be nothing left aul need to come out with a statement and a plan pretty soon as players want to sort where their playing.

Dr. football
18/06/2019, 5:41 PM
Carrigtwohill b team is gone to MSL junior league. Not sure about Lakewood.

JaketheSnake
19/06/2019, 7:52 AM
Lakewood are gone too . Soon any club with an underage setup and own their own pitch will be gone . Who is left in AUL that has those? Innishvilla , Coachford , Macroom , Buttevant , Corkbeg , Springfield, Watergrasshill and Richmond? Maybe I am missing some . Who next then to go Innishvilla , Coachford and Macroom perhaps? The rest would be lower down in the AUL . The AUL will be nothing more than a pub league soon enough with all clubs renting a patch of grass somewhere. So the AUL can forget about a plan as the MSL will just take the clubs with the better setups

fruice
19/06/2019, 9:58 AM
Kanturk,Chruchvilla,Bweeng and Blackstone all have underage teams but Kanturk are the only ones I know for sure have their own grounds.

I think in the main what's left are places where the GAA is strong and don't have an underage step up as a result.

And also City clubs who don't fit the entry requirements and where core numbers are small and rely on transfers in of players each year to keep things fresh.

There still is a huge number of players in the AUL but will be very interesting to see what way all the sections are set up as I think they said there will be no 3 game leagues this year.

SteveSilvermint
21/06/2019, 10:48 PM
Kanturk,Chruchvilla,Bweeng and Blackstone all have underage teams but Kanturk are the only ones I know for sure have their own grounds.

I think in the main what's left are places where the GAA is strong and don't have an underage step up as a result.

And also City clubs who don't fit the entry requirements and where core numbers are small and rely on transfers in of players each year to keep things fresh.

There still is a huge number of players in the AUL but will be very interesting to see what way all the sections are set up as I think they said there will be no 3 game leagues this year.
An other problem was teams not going down as a result of teams pulling out if your down your down its brutal I know but most teams that were saved still went the season after,, only way now is 5 division s prem to div 3,

Play it out
23/06/2019, 11:44 AM
I agree with the single divisions.

10 Years ago in particular when there were huge numbers, the broken divisions were ideal. Change is needed now to be fair.

Much news on new teams in AUL?

fruice
23/06/2019, 5:53 PM
I think looking at the numbers most divions could operate a single section they all would have at least 10 I think 3rd division would be the biggest with maybe 13 but that would also depended on if teams get relegate from division 2 as 2 teams pulled out from division 2 last year

Dr. football
26/06/2019, 9:31 AM
Any teams back training yet?

JaketheSnake
27/06/2019, 9:03 AM

Clubs hardly gone back already - sure mid july at earliest?

Play it out
27/06/2019, 10:55 AM
Good few back the 9th July. Don't blame a lot for going later, some team's seasons dragged on very late.

Any talks of clubs getting in new managers/players for a push?

latte2012
27/06/2019, 1:41 PM
Good few back the 9th July. Don't blame a lot for going later, some team's seasons dragged on very late.

Any talks of clubs getting in new managers/players for a push?
Heard Cloughduv are getting a few down from the city next season. New manager is from the city.

PCoq
27/06/2019, 1:51 PM

Pearse Celtic were back training last Thursday

SteveSilvermint
27/06/2019, 3:30 PM
Pearse Celtic were back training last Thursday
That's some statement of intent in fairness to them.

PCoq
27/06/2019, 3:38 PM
That's some statement of intent in fairness to them.

They go back early every year, way to early in my opinion the league wasn’t over a month and they were back. Saying that they had 16 there supposedly

Play it out
27/06/2019, 5:54 PM
New Business League team, Colso Celtic back this week, probably setting themselves up to see how they're fixed.

Some going by Pearse, wouldn't want to be playing them in pre season if they're back already!

SteveSilvermint
27/06/2019, 6:38 PM
New Business League team, Colso Celtic back this week, probably setting themselves up to see how they're fixed.

Some going by Pearse, wouldn't want to be playing them in pre season if they're back already!
I know ya and then they get to the semi of something and fold serious bottle jobs under gaffers but you never know it might be the start of something with a bit of kilreen edge to them

Dr. football
30/06/2019, 11:03 AM
Madness Cbsl team back so soon I do t think there season starts till September.

Dr. football
30/06/2019, 11:04 AM
Also seen that nipper is gone from Quinlan’s, must be looking to get back to a top AUL side after doing a double last year with them.

SteveSilvermint
30/06/2019, 12:40 PM
Also seen that nipper is gone from Quinlan’s, must be looking to get back to a top AUL side after doing a double last year with them.

Top manager he will have no problem getting a gig.

Play it out
02/07/2019, 3:02 PM
Waterloo & Grattan advertising manager jobs, late enough in the summer break.

Dr. football
02/07/2019, 9:19 PM
2nd time gattan was advertised must be struggling to get someone.

I see Lakewood have confirmed ok Facebook they are move the two teams to msl.

any other news on teams folding?

Junior10
08/07/2019, 7:47 PM
The business league should get juicier too. Will have a number of extra teams. After the damage Satellite Taxis did to the msl teams last season they’ll all believe they can repeat that with a bit of commitment to training. See fellas mentioning that nipper won the double with Quinlans. Very well played but don’t forget they finished fourth in the league so you have UCC, Satellite Taxis and Doolans with very strong Cork Junior squads as well.

SteveSilvermint
10/07/2019, 5:02 PM
The business league should get juicier too. Will have a number of extra teams. After the damage Satellite Taxis did to the msl teams last season they’ll all believe they can repeat that with a bit of commitment to training. See fellas mentioning that nipper won the double with Quinlans. Very well played but don’t forget they finished fourth in the league so you have UCC, Satellite Taxis and Doolans with very strong Cork Junior squads as well.

Well if you look at it your way that double sounds like a great achievement he done it everywhere he's managed to be fair to him.

Dr. football
10/07/2019, 9:09 PM
I’d take winning 2 cups over finishing 2nd or 3rd any day

Junior10
12/07/2019, 5:29 PM
Great achievement hence why I said well played, wasn't criticising at all. Just stating that 3 teams finished higher in the league so from a business league point of view that shows how strong is now. You have the last 2 x prem winners, Satellite that knocked Ringmahon's main junior team out of the munster junior and Quinlans that won a double.

JaketheSnake
18/07/2019, 9:29 AM
Did i hear correctly that Paulie gone from Glen Celtic? Won a double and gone again?

SteveSilvermint
18/07/2019, 4:02 PM
Great achievement hence why I said well played, wasn't criticising at all. Just stating that 3 teams finished higher in the league so from a business league point of view that shows how strong is now. You have the last 2 x prem winners, Satellite that knocked Ringmahon's main junior team out of the munster junior and Quinlans that won a double.

Im hearing kilumney are team of the year can anyone confirm that lads.coming from where they were a few seasons back its a monumental achievement well done to all there

JaketheSnake
19/07/2019, 10:46 AM
Im hearing kilumney are team of the year can anyone confirm that lads.coming from where they were a few seasons back its a monumental achievement well done to all there

What did they win? A presidents cup and?

SteveSilvermint
19/07/2019, 3:44 PM
What did they win? A presidents cup and?

Won a double ...league aswell .

Dr. football
19/07/2019, 7:06 PM
Kilumney are team of the year and paulie is gone form Glen Celtic.

fruice
21/07/2019, 9:36 AM
All the the divisions are up on the MSL website with Lakewood and Carrigtwohills both teams included.
Also noticed that Ballinhassig has two teams there now so is that another team gone?

SteveSilvermint
21/07/2019, 5:41 PM
All the the divisions are up on the MSL website with Lakewood and Carrigtwohills both teams included.
Also noticed that Ballinhassig has two teams there now so is that another team gone?

Let's call a spade a spade when leeside kinsale and wilton left few years ago it left a void ...a bit of dominance by park and kilumney under fehily and coachford kept it a bit competitive but after 3or 4 seasons it dipped more ...so the league is in a bad way now my opinion ther lucky to have knocka and gratan also it could improve with macroom and coachford coming again and the glen and 1or 2 others.here for a good season .