PDA

View Full Version : Carew V Westport

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

clownboy
25/04/2005, 1:28 PM
When the Game goes ahead .Will The guy from westport that got sent off be allowed to play .Or is the first match declared Null and void??

l.f.c......
25/04/2005, 2:28 PM
no clownboy vinny o malley and denis wheelan will be both out.
ithought he was westports best player on the day big loss for them but you have to say same for carew regaurding wheelan

id say this match could get really out of hand on monday both in the stands and on the pitch there is alot of bitterness in limerick towards westport it could get messy would ye agree??

clownboy
25/04/2005, 2:35 PM
Ya there will be a big crowd ..Lets hope the Fai Or LDMC or whoever have a good security team there cos it would be a shame to see trouble.I doubt if there will be though...It could get spicy on the pitch alright ...I think Carew will be mad up for it and give a good response and beat them 2-0 ..Cyril maher and Bussoli with the goals..Best of luck to them

backodanet
25/04/2005, 5:11 PM
I hope and think carew will win too

they have been in good form since where as westport seem to be gone off the boil i think malley will be a bigger loss to westport than whelan will be too carew because he hasn't done much in the fai matches this season anyway - apart from the peno (can't understand how o'malley is banned if the last match is demmed null and void - maybe the fai would have to give us all our money back if it was declared null and void)

carew to win 3 - 1 .................................................. ..............on pens

magic_man
25/04/2005, 5:26 PM
[QUOTE=l.f.c......]no clownboy vinny o malley and denis wheelan will be both out.
ithought he was westports best player on the day big loss for them but you have to say same for carew regaurding wheelan

id say this match could get really out of hand on monday both in the stands and on the pitch there is alot of bitterness in limerick towards westport it could get messy would ye agree??[/QUOTE
definetly and again the fai must take the blame ,westport saw a chance to stay in the competition and took it.but u can also understand carews bitterness they were well and truely screwed.i hope it does,nt get out of handoff the field as people will be looking for an excuse to put limerick down again.]

magic_man
25/04/2005, 5:28 PM
When the Game goes ahead .Will The guy from westport that got sent off be allowed to play .Or is the first match declared Null and void??

correct the first game is null and void so he can play.

backodanet
26/04/2005, 9:12 AM
correct the first game is null and void so he can play.

incorrect he cannot play

Dazza
26/04/2005, 9:34 AM
The Fai Junior Cup has been a shambles from start to finish this year with all the protests and counter protests. Whoever the two FAI people who told Carew that the player was eligible have to go. In one sense the rule is there in black and white, if a player is sent off he misses the next round. On what grounds did Carew or these two idiots think that this player was an exception to the rule. Why did they believe that he could play

widow
26/04/2005, 10:48 AM
why didn't they get it in writing?

widow
26/04/2005, 12:20 PM
maybe the FAI just doesn't want the FAI coming to limerick again!

turbotimmy
26/04/2005, 12:58 PM
can anyone tell me why o malley wont be allowed play considering the game last time against carew is void....meaning the game never happened, if the result doesnt stand then surely his sending off doest stand either?

backodanet
26/04/2005, 1:13 PM
i dunno if this is right but if the first semi was declared null and void then everyone at the match would be entitled to the money back or the reply would be free entry
therefore the match is considered a match so his suspension stands and there is more money to made

Thunderblaster
26/04/2005, 2:00 PM
When Whistler's suspension is finished, I'm sure that he would like to make a contribution to the events of the last week as his views will give an interesting angle on the episode to date and we are all looking forward to his opinion on the matter at present.

clownboy
26/04/2005, 2:11 PM
TB less of the winding Up Crap now ...I think that you should be banned as you are clearly only trying to wind whistler up..Just voice you own opinion and stop Trying to stir it up

Thunderblaster
26/04/2005, 2:18 PM
TB less of the winding Up Crap now ...I think that you should be banned as you are clearly only trying to wind whistler up..Just voice you own opinion and stop Trying to stir it up

I apologise for the previous post.

Thunderblaster
26/04/2005, 2:30 PM
I think that everyone at the top level of junior soccer needs to sit down, discuss the 2004-2005 FAI Junior Cup, have a think-tank and ensure that any of these problems never happen again. It just left a bad cloud hanging over the competition. It is too big a competition for these problems to be surfacing. There are lessons to be learned and we are two years (I think) into the Genesis Report.

Thunderblaster
26/04/2005, 7:29 PM
What does LDMC stand for?

lim abroad
27/04/2005, 6:09 AM
carew park have been well and truly screwed,i just hope that they can do the business and ram it down westports and the fai's throats

Mark_no9
27/04/2005, 11:18 AM
Just like to say welcome back Whistalvista.Was sorry to see you suspended, boards had gone quite without you.

joeSoap
27/04/2005, 12:35 PM
L udicrously D emented M oronic C retins...... :mad:

joeSoap
27/04/2005, 12:36 PM
or Limerick District Management Committee

Thunderblaster
27/04/2005, 11:32 PM
L udicrously D emented M oronic C retins...... :mad:

Are you messing? Nah, seriously? Is it Limerick and District Management Committee, because the official title is a little puzzling. I thought that the LDFL would be a more common title for the local league.

Thunderblaster
27/04/2005, 11:38 PM
There is a newspaper report in the region that Denis Cruise is going to be challenged at the FAI AGM by Noel Kennedy for the secretary's job of the Junior Council. It is reported that the AUL, which Cruise served as a member, are proposing Kennedy from the Sligo/Leitrim League and Connacht FA secretary for the post. It will be an interesting few weeks in the heart of the politics of football.

widow
28/04/2005, 12:51 AM
is the match still going ahead monday?

widow
28/04/2005, 2:21 PM
so when do carew hope to play this final, if at all?

Bad Bob
28/04/2005, 8:16 PM
Hopefully this disaster will be sorted out ASAP so we can get on with the final.

Any news on a venue if Carew are kicked out ?

crazyaxel
28/04/2005, 9:11 PM
westport deserve 2 go through! carew r stupid 2 go to court as they really have no case!

come on the covies!

FahyForever
29/04/2005, 10:16 AM
As a Mayo man involved in football at club level but ultimately neutral, I feel Westport were perfectly right to appeal against the initial match. The blame lays neither with Carew or United, but with the buffoon who gave the player clearance. Both teams should be outraged with his actions, which, effectively, have ruined the entire competition for both clubs. None of this palava with appeals or court cases would have occured if it were not for his total incompetence. Carew should not blame Westport for appealing and any animosity between the clubs is unfounded and base. For the good of the game, both clubs have to come to the realisation that they have common ground; they are both victims and have seen their perspective fine performances being undermined by one misguided man.

swinfordfc
29/04/2005, 4:08 PM
hi all.
is the game going ahead on Monday can anyone tell me?

widow
29/04/2005, 6:06 PM
As a Mayo man involved in football at club level but ultimately neutral, I feel Westport were perfectly right to appeal against the initial match. The blame lays neither with Carew or United, but with the buffoon who gave the player clearance. Both teams should be outraged with his actions, which, effectively, have ruined the entire competition for both clubs. None of this palava with appeals or court cases would have occured if it were not for his total incompetence. Carew should not blame Westport for appealing and any animosity between the clubs is unfounded and base. For the good of the game, both clubs have to come to the realisation that they have common ground; they are both victims and have seen their perspective fine performances being undermined by one misguided man.

Westport man your dealing with a shower that can't see past the nose on their faces, bridge building is the last thing they'll be interested in

Thunderblaster
29/04/2005, 10:13 PM
Reading this topic, it seems to get more delicate and complex by the day and the Irish Independent along with the Irish Examiner seems to verify the complexities of the issue today with this article from the website.

Carew Park refuse to play Cup semi-final
28 April 2005

LIMERICK club Carew Park have told the FAI they will not play the re-fixed Statoil FAI Junior Cup semi-final with Westport United.
Club chairman Christy Kelly stated that, following legal advice, they are refusing to play the match, which was pencilled in for next Monday at Jackman Park in Limerick.

Park won the initial semi final 3-2 on penalties in March, but complications over Denis Whelan's sending-off in the quarter-final have held matters up. "We feel we have been treated disgracefully by the FAI Senior Council as we were advised by two people on the Junior Council that Denis Whelan was eligible to play in the semi-final," said Kelly.

Waterford Crystal await the winners.

This article should not be used to bully or slag off Carew Park as this issue is hurting them badly and I'm sure that someone will sympathise with them in reading the article and I also apologise if I offend anybody on this. The sooner this issue is sorted, the better and let both clubs get back concentrating on football. Surely everybody involved in both clubs is sick and tired at this stage. It should be debated with the greatest sensitivity. My own feeling is if that situation happened to my team, I would look at that angle with great consideration.

crazyaxel
29/04/2005, 10:50 PM
think u got your name spot on there crazy man !!!!!
astalavista is it? well i think you can be saying astalavista to carew coz they dont have a case!

magic_man
30/04/2005, 7:45 AM
there lies the problem, the rule is not black and white.
it was originally put in the rule book in error and it was never passed at the fai agm which all rules must be for them to be operational ! the whole thing is a massive mess by junior council but surely not to carews detriment as they im told will soon prove !
this rule is not operated by sfai,fai senior or mfa .
surely this farce is now evident to everyone !
another joke is that the fai agreed long before the appeal hearing that the match was to be replayed due to pressure exerted from mayo officials on senior council.
what does it come down to in the end ? money,power and politics !

correct ,but westport done nothing wrong either they are just trying to stay in the competition .they are not at fault.

magic_man
30/04/2005, 7:51 AM
I think that everyone at the top level of junior soccer needs to sit down, discuss the 2004-2005 FAI Junior Cup, have a think-tank and ensure that any of these problems never happen again. It just left a bad cloud hanging over the competition. It is too big a competition for these problems to be surfacing. There are lessons to be learned and we are two years (I think) into the Genesis Report.

i totally agree with u .the only ones that are suffering are the clubs and it has created alot of bitterness.everyone is trying to come up with answers and solutions when the fai who implement the handbook for the junior cup dont have answers themselves.its very frustrating for the clubs.

crazyaxel
30/04/2005, 1:36 PM
i totally agree with u .the only ones that are suffering are the clubs and it has created alot of bitterness.everyone is trying to come up with answers and solutions when the fai who implement the handbook for the junior cup dont have answers themselves.its very frustrating for the clubs.
ya the 2 clubs played a great game of football in limerick but westport didnt do anythin wrong
all of the bitterness between fans is stupid but understandable

summervilleman
30/04/2005, 1:43 PM
Lets just see what happens with the appeal with carew..I am told if its thrown out they will play the semi final again...So until then i dont think there should be any comments or alligations made with regard the situation!!!! :ball:

crazyaxel
30/04/2005, 10:14 PM
well carew are gone to court and the game is off on monday and if carew lose their case they are thrown out as the rules state that anyone who brings the fai to court and loses is automatically thrown out!but im not sure what happens if they win their case?
i think westport are thrown out but i really hope they are not as they should play a replay just for the atmosphere that was at the first westport-carew match it was magnificent!

progress
01/05/2005, 1:43 PM
the game was brought into disrepute,both teams be thrown out, wasting there time and everyone elses.and a lot of money by all accounts.

Bad Bob
01/05/2005, 7:24 PM
Does anybody have any solution to end this ? :confused:

When are the F.A.I meeting ?

Hope neither of yee win it anyway because of all the messing around your doing!

Thunderblaster
02/05/2005, 2:37 PM
I happened to be trawling the different search engines for information on the saga and I see that the Mayo News, a Westport based newspaper, has on its website a link on the update to the whole affair and it seems to be updated daily. Anyone interested can look up on www.mayonews.ie.

crazyaxel
02/05/2005, 10:19 PM
the game was brought into disrepute,both teams be thrown out, wasting there time and everyone elses.and a lot of money by all accounts.
ya but what would happen then u couldnt really just award the cup to waterford it wouldnt be right!

Closed Account
06/05/2005, 5:05 PM
Arbitration in the Westport United/Carew Park saga has been fixed for Thursday next in the Burlington Hotel, Dublin. Des Casey, a former FAI president and vice-president of UEFA, has been appointed as arbitrator.

LFC in Exile
09/05/2005, 4:53 PM
surely there would be a question over this persons impartiality having previously worked for the fai.
i thought arbitration was totally independent ?

But he is independent of the two clubs.

joeSoap
09/05/2005, 10:32 PM
But he is independent of the two clubs.
But not independent of the FAI,who are the responsible party for this fiasco. Therefore, he might be accused of showing partiality to the FAI, and support the club who has most to benefit from the ****-up.....theoretical I know, but......

CousinSylDolan
12/05/2005, 9:09 AM
Is this much awaited decision to be announced today?

shelbourne1904
12/05/2005, 12:51 PM
This always amazes me.A football League without the word football in it????
It gives a subtle insight into some of the decisions and trouble through the yeas at committee level.The word MANAGEMENT stand out.But management is about more than just dictatorship!!!
Anway whatever happens Carew get my vote.Id just love to see probably the best goalkeeper around for years pick up an FAI medal even at this stage in Gordons career.

specialk
13/05/2005, 9:15 AM
[QUOTE=astalavista]anyone got any update on how the arbitration wnt yesterday

wont hear result until monday or tuesday
went well from a carew point of view

Closed Account
13/05/2005, 11:01 AM
I heard Westport thought it went well also and that worse case scenario is the status quo is applied and it goes to a replay.

4-4-2
13/05/2005, 12:04 PM
didn't realise that carew could be thrown out ??
is this possible ?
i think a replay looks likely.
i heard that the whole process cost carew approx e10,000 !
a lot of money for a junior club !
Not even a % of what limericks richest man got for his Man u shares,one wonders if he is backing Carew , if he did fair play to him i hope Carew go all the way and win it out

Thunderblaster
14/05/2005, 8:02 PM
didn't realise that carew could be thrown out ??
is this possible ?
i think a replay looks likely.
i heard that the whole process cost carew approx e10,000 !
a lot of money for a junior club !

Both clubs have one in four outcomes to the arbitration. 1: Carew Park are in the final against Waterford Crystal. 2: Westport United are in the final against Waterford Crystal. 3: Carew Park to play off against Westport United for the right to play Waterford Crystal in the final. 4: The unlikely but remote possibility of the competition being anulled. The guaranteed outcome is likely to come in the form of resignations from the FAI Junior Council. A friend of mine with Westport contacts apparently heard that the FAI Junior Council were caught out by a club barrister. If that story is true, the repercussions for junior football in this country will be enormous.