PDA

View Full Version : Carew V Westport

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

marketsfield
21/05/2005, 10:17 AM
I have played league of ireland i shouldnt b telling u,cant let down my gaurd,there not a bad side but for ther own sake i hope they dont get prom,a big diff between first div and prem,did u play a bit urself.

marketsfield
21/05/2005, 10:34 AM
Revolver LDMC ar a joke every 1 knows that ,21 team is a good idea for L.O.I ,its not a good idea for LDMC as there not professional enough cusack,o regan [crusty the clown],cosgrave[high tower] the rest spend there time giving cusack graphes . :mad:

Revolver
21/05/2005, 12:18 PM
I have played league of ireland i shouldnt b telling u,cant let down my gaurd,there not a bad side but for ther own sake i hope they dont get prom,a big diff between first div and prem,did u play a bit urself.

Retired,thankfully.

Still an avid supporter of local soccer though.

Superman
24/05/2005, 7:46 AM
Does anybody know when the final of this competition will be played between Waterford Crystal and the winner of sunday's game!

abbeyvale
24/05/2005, 8:20 AM
Is this from a good source ? I heard that they were evening training last Sunday evening getting ready for this ? :D

marketsfield
24/05/2005, 8:49 AM
Abbeyvale if u believe astalavista ud believe the 1 about the 3 bears ,carew ar playing sunday and thats that.

abbeyvale
24/05/2005, 8:53 AM
I am 1 of the 3 bears ! Ha Ha Ha :D

The Gaffer
24/05/2005, 9:16 AM
Does anybody know when the final of this competition will be played between Waterford Crystal and the winner of sunday's game!
I think the Final is scheduled for Saturday 18th June @ 7.00 in Turners Cross

marketsfield
24/05/2005, 10:54 AM
Astalavista i just rang the F.A.I the match is on,id say u rang paddy cusack.

Bad Bob
24/05/2005, 3:28 PM
The Gaffer knows all the info!

Who are ya???? :)

marketsfield
24/05/2005, 3:38 PM
Astalavista ha ha ha ha the match is on this weekened,i heard ur gone from the door in PJS uv a new job ha ul have 2 work alot of hours 2 have my money JOHN CANDY ha ha

Thunderblaster
24/05/2005, 6:09 PM
Carew Park would have to be made favourites for the game on Sunday given their results over the last six weeks against pretty formidable opposition. However, expect it to be a cracking cup semi final to be settled by the odd goal.

Revolver
25/05/2005, 12:35 AM
Carew Park would have to be made favourites for the game on Sunday given their results over the last six weeks against pretty formidable opposition. However, expect it to be a cracking cup semi final to be settled by the odd goal.

Hopefully Carew will prevail but it will be very tight.
Denis Whelan will be a big loss for Carew on Sunday.Always good for a goal!

Hope Rashers will plenty of bar staff for Sunday night.

The Gaffer
25/05/2005, 8:24 AM
The Gaffer knows all the info!

Who are ya???? :)
"Bad Bob" - Is that not the name of a local pub where the Crystal players drink? Are you a local?

The Gaffer
25/05/2005, 8:26 AM
What time is the Carew v Westport on at, on Sunday???

swinfordfc
25/05/2005, 9:39 AM
2.30pm start i'm told

marketsfield
25/05/2005, 10:48 AM
HELLO astalavista will u believe me now the match is on sunday.

Bad Bob
25/05/2005, 11:36 AM
"Bad Bob" - Is that not the name of a local pub where the Crystal players drink? Are you a local?

Yeah I'm a local are you ?

swinfordfc
26/05/2005, 11:40 AM
there suppose to be about the same westport support there this time as the last form whats same in the local papers which would is a fair size of supporters!!!!

OpenGoal
26/05/2005, 11:45 AM
sorry lads, dont have the time to read up through the thread to find out where and when the match is on. Can anyone confirm Sunday, 2:30, Jackman?? Before I make the long trip in from shannon to support Carew

backodanet
26/05/2005, 12:18 PM
Carew v Wesport
Sunday May 29th 2:30pm
Jackman Park Limerick

marketsfield
26/05/2005, 12:46 PM
Come On Carew Park.

swinfordfc
26/05/2005, 1:47 PM
Come on the Covies!!!!! :ball: :D :cool:

OpenGoal
26/05/2005, 1:58 PM
Carew v Wesport
Sunday May 29th 2:30pm
Jackman Park Limerick

cheers backodanet, much appreciated........

OscarBravo
27/05/2005, 1:04 PM
Do any of ye Limerick lads know how many might turn up in Jackman. Carew are quoted as saying there could be anything up to six or seven thousand. Westport had eight hundred the first time, I'd say half of that will travel this time.
Some people are actually worried about going down but they're out of line there, aren't they?
Anyway could be a good game but I expect Carew will be rearing to go and if they can keep their discipline, they could sneak it

abbeyvale
27/05/2005, 1:23 PM
OscaBravo, listen Bud, There's nothing to worry about coming to Limerick for a football match, This forum (in some peoples cases) has only made it look like all war is going to break lose if Carew Park lose. There should be a couple of hundred people there alright but not thousands as stated. There's also a few people that's bitter about the objection as well, but that all comes in football. I can assure you that the Carew park people/supporters are quite nice, only for the odd 1 or 2 that you normally get everywhere. But nothing to worry about, and your right about Carew will be well up for it. ;)

lim abroad
28/05/2005, 5:29 PM
best of luck carew park i hope ye do the business tomorrow and then go on and win the final

lim abroad
29/05/2005, 3:58 PM
hard luck to carew park,anybody give me a match report please?

oldie
29/05/2005, 3:59 PM
best of luck carew park i hope ye do the business tomorrow and then go on and win the final
go on crew!!

da General
29/05/2005, 6:09 PM
it was a bad match with carew playing verg good in defence mike carey had a great match very underated player. carew were just missing something in the final third when looking for that final ball. westport i think were the best team and i fancied them to win before hand anyway a few ugly scenes at the end but nothing major

lim abroad
29/05/2005, 6:19 PM
what happened at the end??

balls
29/05/2005, 9:28 PM
absolute disgrace carew out .fai junior council are a joke. westport are skum. how many were at the match today. was there a big crowd.

Éanna
29/05/2005, 10:03 PM
I was talking to a fellow tonight who did security at it and he said it was a war zone up there- bottles flying everywhere. What happened?!

lim abroad
29/05/2005, 10:35 PM
i hope the fai are pleased with themselves after what happened at the end of yesterdays game

clownboy
30/05/2005, 5:38 AM
I was talking to a fellow tonight who did security at it and he said it was a war zone up there- bottles flying everywhere. What happened?!

Total Bull**** one can was thrown on to the the pitch and that was it..Less of the crap talk

backodanet
30/05/2005, 7:45 AM
Total Bull**** one can was thrown on to the the pitch and that was it..Less of the crap talk

totally agree .......unlucky carew park .....they were out on their feet after an hour i hope crystal destroy westport

clownboy
30/05/2005, 8:14 AM
I Think westport and there fans are a discrace...They made Limerick people out to be violent hooligans with there antics in trying to get the match played elsewhere by claiming they felt unsafe going down to Limerick and then cowering behind the goals as if they feared for there lives ...Its narrow minded people like westport Fans and players that give limerick such a bad Rep...Remember its SPORTING Limerick ...Ye could learn a thing or two from us

OscarBravo
30/05/2005, 9:06 AM
I'm sick of the information being posted here. Westport fans were asked to go around behind the goal by security, that's the only reason. And a mob of one hundred people after the game was a sorry sight. I know it is only reflective of a small minority of Limerick people but Westport people were right to be worried. Also there was a lot more than one bottle thrown. People from the houses behind the Westport supporters threw plates and glass bottles near the end too. Not quite a warzone but nasty enough all the same.
Carew did themselves no favours and its a pity because only a small few let them down

clownboy
30/05/2005, 9:13 AM
I'm sick of the information being posted here. Westport fans were asked to go around behind the goal by security, that's the only reason. And a mob of one hundred people after the game was a sorry sight. I know it is only reflective of a small minority of Limerick people but Westport people were right to be worried. Also there was a lot more than one bottle thrown. People from the houses behind the Westport supporters threw plates and glass bottles near the end too. Not quite a warzone but nasty enough all the same.
Carew did themselves no favours and its a pity because only a small few let them down

Absoulute Bull **** i was behind the goals wher the westport supporters making all the monkey chant noises were and there were 4 or 5 people sitting up on the walls of the flats behind and not one thing was thrown and i stayed there for the full ninety minutes so please stop posting utter lies to cover up the fact that ye are an unsporting bunch of sore losers

Leeds
30/05/2005, 9:23 AM
Clownboy, your name gives a good discription of you , a proper clown and a bad looser. The only winners yesterday were the Covies.The majority of Limerick people are good people but there are a few thugs that give it a bad name so grow up, the best team won

clownboy
30/05/2005, 9:33 AM
I never said that the best team did not win ...I agree that westport were the better team yesterday but they should never have got the replay un sporting they are and as i said i was behind the goals where the westport crowd were and i did not see any plates or anything ..so in future read my posts before insulting me thanks a lot and by the way im not a carew park fan just a football fan it doesent bother me who won or lost yesterday what does bother me is unsporting people like westport setting out to undermine Limerick and there teams

Leeds
30/05/2005, 9:38 AM
Clownboy, I'll tell you whats unsporting, Playing an illegal player is unsporting,trying to intimidate other teams is unsporting, so grow up

clownboy
30/05/2005, 9:49 AM
Clownboy, I'll tell you whats unsporting, Playing an illegal player is unsporting,trying to intimidate other teams is unsporting, so grow up

Please explain your unfounded claims...Who tried to intimidate teams, there you go again trying to stir up trouble claiming intimidation and the likes and your telling me to grow up..Please get a grip and take some of your own advice

kanoer
30/05/2005, 12:19 PM
fair play to westport yesterday,n hard luck to carew. its a shame a replay was needed in the first place but its done now. i was happy to see that almost every carew fan at the game did themselves n their team proud.well done lads. best of luck to westport n the final

OscarBravo
30/05/2005, 5:42 PM
It used to always be said that the Junior cup was the biggest competition in Europe (in terms of entry obviously). Is this still the case?

pwestport
30/05/2005, 8:47 PM
absolute disgrace carew out .fai junior council are a joke. westport are skum. how many were at the match today. was there a big crowd.When Westport appealed the last they were dead right. A rule book is sent out to every club participating in the competition. It's up to the managers or secretaries to read up on rules and regulations not depend on written confirmation about suspensions or anything else. They did nothing that any other team with half a brain wouldn't do. You saying WESTPORT are scum is uncalled for. You haven't seen quotes from anyone saying Carew are scum even though there was a child and woman hit by flying plates. A player for Westport, Dessie O Malley was almost hit by a plate thrown from flats near the grounds. Danny Scahill's head was stood on. Martin Geraghty hot a head butt and not that this was bad enough whilst been treated and stitched he was attacked by two no hopers. And you have the bare arsed audacity to call Westport scum. Get a life.

crazyaxel
30/05/2005, 9:43 PM
better team won on the day westport did no wrong in the whole thing carew disgraceful!
one of the carew players went in to the westport changing room to martin geraghty to "give out" to him
carew disgraceful! up the covies roll on the 19th!

Thunderblaster
31/05/2005, 12:24 AM
It would be up to the FAI to investigate any form of alleged trouble at the game on Sunday, so the best thing is not to make too much judgement at the moment. The arguments are so conflicting from both sides that an independent observer from the game on Sunday would hold a better opinion on matters. Some of the stuff sounds like the Lower Falls Road after an Orange Day Parade on July 12th, and I do not think for one moment that it was a full scale riot. A minor bit of trouble? Maybe, but we need an independent opinion from someone at the game (ie, someone with no obvious connection to both sides or a leaning towards a team). Congratulations to Westport and lets hope Carew Park can bounce back even stronger from all this, as they have done extremely well for a club with little resources based in a socially deprived area where the soccer club is one of the area's main escapes from hardship. Both teams have been through Hell and back over the last nine weeks. :ball:

clownboy
31/05/2005, 6:54 AM
. The arguments are so conflicting from both sides that an independent observer from the game on Sunday would hold a better opinion on matters. A minor bit of trouble? Maybe, but we need an independent opinion from someone at the game (ie, someone with no obvious connection to both sides or a leaning towards a team). . :ball:

Im independent and all i saw was one bottle thrown on to the pitch by some eejit from the railway side ..I was behind the goals where the westport fans were up to 5 minutes after the game and i saw no plates or anything else flying for that matter...ridiculous the amount of bull posted on this site

Roadend
31/05/2005, 8:32 AM
1 bottle? It must've knocked you out then because there was a lot more than "1 bottle" thrown on Sunday.