PDA

View Full Version : Carew V Westport

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Bad Bob
15/05/2005, 7:20 PM
The unlikely but remote possibility of the competition being anulled.

What The fucĀ¦{ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely they can't do that to Crystal ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thunderblaster
16/05/2005, 8:24 PM
Did anyone hear anything about the arbitration as in terms of a final decision?

Thunderblaster
16/05/2005, 8:29 PM
What The fucĀ¦{ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely they can't do that to Crystal ! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I certainly hope not. Waterford Crystal deserve their chance of national glory against whatever is the outcome of the arbitration. I would say at this point that Waterford Crystal would be the most focused team for the final, despite all the disruption.

crazyaxel
16/05/2005, 8:53 PM
the outcome of the court case: there is a replay but the decision is not known where or when it is!

clownboy
17/05/2005, 7:04 AM
Surely It will be on in Jackman Park..What the story now ??Can whelan and the other Lad that got sent off in the original tie play??Have they seved there Bans??Or is it the FAI that they are banned for??Should the westport lad be banned if the match was null and void??I hope both teams asked these questions of the Fai otherwise this could even drag on further

backodanet
17/05/2005, 7:34 AM
match fixed for may 29th in Jackman

The Gaffer
17/05/2005, 8:09 AM
Are both teams in agreement with the decision or are there more problems to come?

swinfordfc
17/05/2005, 11:39 AM
i heard the Westport manager this morning and he was happy with the decision that it was was a replay but didn't know at that time where it was being play, according to here, it on sunday, 29th may in jackman park, so i hope thats the end of it

magicman
17/05/2005, 12:36 PM
dont think tat will b the end of it. i hear from a good source that westport have received a letter from the gardai in mayo saying that it will be unsafe for westporet to travel to limerick to play the game

joeSoap
17/05/2005, 1:18 PM
dont think tat will b the end of it. i hear from a good source that westport have received a letter from the gardai in mayo saying that it will be unsafe for westporet to travel to limerick to play the game
Who's your 'good source'?? This is obviously a load of Bullsh it. A good mate of mines sergeant in Westport and he said that your little nugget of information is pure tripe. Please stop putting this sort of sh1te on this forum, its about football, nothing more.

gspain
17/05/2005, 1:36 PM

Best to pull out then because even if you win the final might be in Dublin and there have been 7 murders here in the past 6 weeks. Definitely not safe to travel here. Will post more info if I manage to make it home safely myself without being shot. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

swinfordfc
17/05/2005, 3:08 PM
magic man
you eating to much mushrooms!!!! its about time you got your heads down from the clouds and get into the real world :mad:
As for the game, let the best team win and good luck to both
swinfordfc

magic_man
17/05/2005, 5:58 PM
lads there must be 2 magicmans onsite cos the post about westport and the guards was not sent in by myself ,so apologies please.

Thunderblaster
17/05/2005, 6:54 PM

Yet Irish fans travelled to Tbilisi in Georgia which is far more dangerous than Limerick ever will be. I cannot see the police issuing such stupid instructions. If that is the case, are genuine football fans in Limerick being tarnished with a hooliganism label that is unfounded, unproven and undeserved over a little tittle tattle? The worst case scenario imaginable is someone saying something stupid and getting a slap. Running battles on the terraces? I don't think so. I'm sure whatever differences that exist between the two clubs will be laid to rest and the whole matter will die off eventually. At the end of the day, it is only a game of football. :ball:

backodanet
18/05/2005, 7:42 AM
just to let the westport people know if yee see an helicopter hovering over the city that will not be for the match it's there everyday!!

trevy
18/05/2005, 2:03 PM
About time it was sorted out :mad: .Its unfair on the Waterfrd Crystal team who are waiting for weeks wondering who and when they'll be playing.My brother booked flights home from Scotland the weekend it was due to played first as he was a former Crystal player only the find out the week before the game was cancelled.

Leeds
18/05/2005, 3:02 PM
Tough, if Carew had not played an illegal player there would not have been a problem!

specialk
18/05/2005, 10:57 PM
Tough, if Carew had not played an illegal player there would not have been a problem!

that tells enough of what u know
go back to whatever rubbish site u on were on b4
and leave this one for the big boys
you child

summervilleman
19/05/2005, 3:53 AM
that tells enough of what u know
go back to whatever rubbish site u on were on b4
and leave this one for the big boys
you child

well said specialk...Leeds u don't know half the story if u are putting in posts like that...
It is also unfair on carew park as well as waterford crystal as they were told the player could play in writing so they did everything by the book and got punished for it....Roll on the 29th...

Football should win out on the day......I HOPE

Leeds
19/05/2005, 7:29 AM
You sad individuals. If Carew had not broke the rules there would not be a replay. The rules were there in black and white. Get your heads out of the sand!

backodanet
19/05/2005, 7:35 AM
You sad individuals. If Carew had not broke the rules there would not be a replay. The rules were there in black and white. Get your heads out of the sand!

you haven't a clue the only people that made a mistake are the FAI because

1 the didn't implement the rule all the way through the comp
2 they told carew that the player could play

marketsfield
19/05/2005, 8:51 AM
Backodonet im getting worried about u,the rule is black and white carew played a player that shouldnt have played on top of that carew were not professional enough 2 get it in writing from the f.a.i ,carew ar lucky 2 b still in it. :confused:

backodanet
19/05/2005, 9:51 AM
Backodonet im getting worried about u,the rule is black and white carew played a player that shouldnt have played on top of that carew were not professional enough 2 get it in writing from the f.a.i ,carew ar lucky 2 b still in it. :confused:

your painful

Carew have been told this in every meeting/appeal/arbitration that has been held. if it is in black and white they would have been thrown out and they would have had to pay solicitors fees for Wesport and the FAI in the recent arbitration(which they didn't) instead they were given some money back and told they were hard done by

it was never disputed that the FAI junior concil had told carew they player could play

Thunderblaster
19/05/2005, 10:09 AM
It also got to be remembered that Carew Park acted in good faith. If Carew Park were refused permission to play Denis Whelan, Carew Park would not have taken the chance. The failure of the FAI Junior Council to implement its own rules and regulations throughout the competition would be a more realistic discussion at this point. They are the boys to blame.

backodanet
19/05/2005, 10:41 AM
It also got to be remembered that Carew Park acted in good faith. If Carew Park were refused permission to play Denis Whelan, Carew Park would not have taken the chance. The failure of the FAI Junior Council to implement its own rules and regulations throughout the competition would be a more realistic discussion at this point. They are the boys to blame.

Correct and in fairness in the cold light of day how many teams would not have appealled??

BallBreaker
19/05/2005, 11:22 AM
Correct and in fairness in the cold light of day how many teams would not have appealled??

No one is to blame except the FAI.

Hopefully Carew can do the business again so we can call an end to this once and for all.

The Gaffer
19/05/2005, 11:24 AM
Jaysis lads you could talk about who was right and who was wrong but a replay has been the outcome, now lets get on with it!

backodanet
19/05/2005, 12:23 PM
Jaysis lads you could talk about who was right and who was wrong but a replay has been the outcome, now lets get on with it!

IS THAT NOT THE POINT OF THE FORUM

marketsfield
19/05/2005, 2:19 PM
Backodonet iv heard u saying alot about carew my question 2 u is do u think wesport were wrong 2 object rules ar rules .

swinfordfc
19/05/2005, 2:19 PM
Lads,
Carew Park did nothing wrong here but either did Westport in this sad affair, you can't blame them either, the FAI are at fault here and some one should get the sacked because of it....Roll on the replay and may the best team win it and play waterford glass :D in the final

backodanet
19/05/2005, 2:42 PM
Backodonet iv heard u saying alot about carew my question 2 u is do u think wesport were wrong 2 object rules ar rules .

Correct and in fairness in the cold light of day how many teams would not
have appealled??

see my comments above

at first i was not in favour them appealling cause looking at the game they dominated the first half and played some lovely football but going in at half time they thought they had it won, back slapping and all that but in the 2nd half carew battered them and should have won it in normal time and then in extra time, i think the reason so many people in limerick were against the appeal was the fact the whelan himself and the pike duo sniffer and langer had not missed the next round when they had been sent off previously

swinfordfc
19/05/2005, 3:41 PM
so you think westport was wrong in appealing. i don't, every country has this rule in senior soccer that states that if a player gets sent off, then that player should not play in the next round in competition. however its not carew fault as they asked FAI could he play and they says yes then they was wrong in saying that and that where westport made they applead the decision

marketsfield
19/05/2005, 4:03 PM
Backodonet what 2 got sent off with pike i wasnt aware that there was an objection against pike

marketsfield
19/05/2005, 4:14 PM
swimford fc i agree with u,carew will try intimidate wesport with the crowd and players,believe me theyve nothing 2 b worried about must of them ar all mouth the other have will b drunk 2 know its on,if the players keep there heads ul get 1 or 2 carew pk players sent off i watched the last match and ye nothing 2 fear against carew.

backodanet
20/05/2005, 7:36 AM
Swinford, Marketsfield

i said that the were right to appeal if you read my post

at first i thought they should take their beating

marketsfield what is was saying was in the pike v fairview FAI match sniffer and langer considine got sent off but played the next week in the fai and sniffer got sent off again also whelan got sent off for carew v balinsloe (i think) and played in the next round against Trim (not sure of the teams) this is why in my opinion there was so much up roar over the appeal by westport

marketsfield
20/05/2005, 9:26 AM
Fair enough backodonet i agree on ur point about considine,hes a dirty footballer and hes not good for any schoolboys watching him play.

swinfordfc
20/05/2005, 10:31 AM
Marketfield, backdanet
it does show that carew park as marketfield say that carew park are very physical to other teams and don't mind getting players sent off too. This whelan guy have being sent off in a number of games but i hear he is a very good player too.

clownboy
20/05/2005, 10:55 AM
I think thats more from mouthing that he gets sent off for although he is a very good player he wouldent be the most Physical..He is about 9 stone..They have a few big physical players like most good teams

marketsfield
20/05/2005, 11:12 AM
Swinford hes handy thats just about it,hes a good player for carew park as i said carew ar all mouth iv played against them for years,they just try and kick teams off the pitch,if yee can keep cool on the day yel beat them handy. :ball:

Revolver
20/05/2005, 11:36 AM
Swinford hes handy thats just about it,hes a good player for carew park as i said carew ar all mouth iv played against them for years,they just try and kick teams off the pitch,if yee can keep cool on the day yel beat them handy. :ball:

U have to say that Carew have changed in regard to your comment above about them being all mouth.They have new players brought in which seems to have brought new life in to their game.They have always had very talented players but their discipline was always a problem.If u look through the team now u would be hard pushed to name more than two who you would say might go over the edge.

By the way Denis Whelan is much more than a handy player.Ask any right full in town and they will give u a true assessment.
Have u personally dealt with Denis Whelan on a field of play(marked him that is,Marketsfield)

backodanet
20/05/2005, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't say carew are dirty all their trouble in the past has been mouthing at each other but the way they are playing now they have nothing to give out about on the field anyway

whelan is far from physical

swinfordfc
20/05/2005, 1:50 PM
This will be a good battle so, lawless up against whelan so cause lawless is probably the best player in mayo right now :ball:

swinfordfc
20/05/2005, 2:33 PM
is the leading scorer vinny ....... (cant think of his surname) missing too?

Bad Bob
20/05/2005, 2:48 PM
This is a disgrace. Both these teams have ruined the competition ! :mad:

I hope Crystal beat the P1SS out of one of yee in the final !!! :p

The Don
20/05/2005, 3:00 PM
Have to agree with Bad Bob, it doesnt matter who wins the cup this year because it will only be remembered for this fiasco !!!.

marketsfield
20/05/2005, 5:40 PM
REVOLVER hes an average player iv marked him smoking a hamlet as i said hes a good player for carew,i dont think hed get into the teams iv played with .

Revolver
21/05/2005, 6:21 AM
REVOLVER hes an average player iv marked him smoking a hamlet as i said hes a good player for carew,i dont think hed get into the teams iv played with .

Who would argue with ur judgement,'marketsfield'.Obviously by the way u talk about urself you were a top class player and played with some great teams so we won't argue.

Do we still have the pleasure of seeing ur talent in our local soccer circles 'marketsfield' or are u retired.

It is just my opinion,he gets 15 or more goals a year and plays in midfield and is very dangerous when running at players.
Above average i would say.

marketsfield
21/05/2005, 8:18 AM
Revolver u must b fighting with the wife 7.30 on the internet,revolver i just dont think hes as good as u say,who do u think will win the fa cup today.

Revolver
21/05/2005, 8:49 AM
Revolver u must b fighting with the wife 7.30 on the internet,revolver i just dont think hes as good as u say,who do u think will win the fa cup today.

Who doesn't fight with their wives!

I think we will leave the D.Whelan debate lie,gone stale a this stage.

I think UTD will take them in a close and bitter match.More importantly,who will the clash of the 'ash' later.

Revolver
21/05/2005, 8:53 AM
Who would argue with ur judgement,'marketsfield'.Obviously by the way u talk about urself you were a top class player and played with some great teams so we won't argue.

Do we still have the pleasure of seeing ur talent in our local soccer circles 'marketsfield' or are u retired.

It is just my opinion,he gets 15 or more goals a year and plays in midfield and is very dangerous when running at players.
Above average i would say.

Never answered my question 'marketsfield'.Are u still parading ur talents locally??

Have u experience in League of Ireland soccer if so what do you think of the current Limerick set up and also LDMC decision to put an U21 team in while the Limerick FC have one in already.
:confused: :confused: