PDA

View Full Version : Gamble????

TheNorthsider
25/04/2005, 7:23 AM
can anyone shed any light on this,heard over the weekend that gamble and rico had a bust up recently.Rico wanted him to travel to portadown and gamble didn't want to go.To put greg on the wing instead of billy the other nite seemed stupid when he could have put colin on the wing and put gamble in the centre.

Fair_play_boy
25/04/2005, 5:19 PM
Oh please preserve us from rumours that have no attempt at naming a source.

Éanna
25/04/2005, 5:57 PM
that rumour was over on corkcityfc.ie, but the amount of rumours and crap posted on that site is unreal. I hope its not true, and that if it is true, they resolve it quickly

TheNorthsider
25/04/2005, 6:53 PM
not tryng to join in the scare mongering that goes on with regards to rumours all i'm trying to do is understand why gamble isn't playing.Was in the shed friday nite it was the topic of conversation in a group near me but to satisfy you fpb i will go to the same spot next fri week and try and locate the group ask them their names and report back to you is that ok :cool:

Éanna
25/04/2005, 9:01 PM
I imagine the reason he wasn't in the team is because when he was suspended for the Portadown game, Colin came in and played well, so Rico didn't want to drop Colin. Doubt there's more to it than that

TheNorthsider
26/04/2005, 8:41 AM
think you should play your best 11 at any time and imo gamble is a better all round player than colin.The good run last year coincided with gamble becoming a regular starter after colin was injured and i think the balance is better when joe is playing.Many people had problems over the last few seasons when they felt the best 11 weren't starting.

paudie
26/04/2005, 8:42 AM
I'd prefer Gamble intead of Colin. Colin is a very hard worker but Gamble is a better footballer and keeps the ball better.

Colin has been in since the Portadown game but our midfield didn't play particularly well in that game.
I know Colin set up the goal well but we lost control in midfield after that and may regret not winning that game.