PDA

View Full Version : help/ports game

Anto McC
24/04/2005, 6:47 PM
Just wondering if any Cork fans who went to away match against Portadown could help me,I already have my ticket(looked after by the club) but do i need any sterling for anything.Is it ok to bring my Tricolour and is there any other relevent info i might need.If anyone could help me out i would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.

Éanna
24/04/2005, 7:57 PM
Just wondering if any Cork fans who went to away match against Portadown could help me,I already have my ticket(looked after by the club) but do i need any sterling for anything.Is it ok to bring my Tricolour and is there any other relevent info i might need.If anyone could help me out i would be very grateful.

Thank you very much.
the ports stewards (the whole club really) were very pleasant and helpful to deal with. As for bringing sterling- the chip van in our end was taking euros or sterling on the night, but that was because our supporters club made an agreement with them beforehand. They were accepting euro for programmes as well, but didn't have any change. I'd say you're best off leaving the tricolour at home, we didn't have any, but i doubt there'd be any hassle if you did bring it.

pete
24/04/2005, 8:34 PM
You will be segregated in the new stand behind the goal so as Eanna said will only be able to buy from chip van & programme seller. Chip van did take euro but didn't have much change so i;d advise bring small denominations of euro.

Portadown did have unionjack flying on their flag pole but don't remember any other unionjacks amoung the fans. I wouldn't think be any problem with tri-colours. I'd recommend staying closer to the right side (as look at pitch) of stand than the left to avoid flying objects ;)

Anto McC
24/04/2005, 9:55 PM
Thanks lads for the help,think i'll leave flag at home for the sake of peace. :)

Fair_play_boy
24/04/2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks lads for the help,think i'll leave flag at home for the sake of peace. :)More sensible all round, I would think.

rebel army no1
26/04/2005, 3:22 PM
Are Portadown a loyalist or Nationalist support, cause i always though their name was Portadown Celtic and i saw a few flags with shamrocks on it on t.v

Éanna
26/04/2005, 3:25 PM
Are Portadown a loyalist or Nationalist support, cause i always though their name was Portadown Celtic and i saw a few flags with shamrocks on it on t.v
AFAIK, they are neither. Their name isn't Portadown Celtic though. The reason there were flags with shamrocks on it, is because their ground is called shamrock park

rebel army no1
26/04/2005, 7:35 PM
ok thanks

Anto McC
26/04/2005, 7:56 PM
I left the flag at home but other shelbourne fans who had a flag which features a tricolour were asked not to put it up or else it would be taken down by stewards.Saw pictures in the paper of N.Ireland flag at longford game.