PDA

View Full Version : What a game

Grasshopper 99
23/04/2005, 1:27 PM
Last night had every thing. Floodlight failure, a sending off, three goals and a crap ref. First the match was postponed for 48 minutes, every one thought the game was cancelled. Then when the match did start, Bray should have been 4 up in the space of the first 10 minutes. But when the goals were scored, there was some great atmosphere at the match from both sets of fans. The one down point of the match was the sending off, of Jody Lynch. Everybody clearly seen the Waterford player coming at him. Jody just stood his ground and because of that he got sent off. That decision amplified just how bad, the ref was.

Stevo Da Gull
23/04/2005, 1:56 PM
Aertel's report also had it down as a dubious sending off, it's pretty annoying to think of the points a bad reffing decision could cost us over the next few weeks with us missing our captain but hopefully we'll pull through (is Chopper fit yet?).
Zayed had a great game last night, but so did just about every1 else. Robbie Dunne was off the boil and everyboby(myself included) questioned Devo's decision to bring on Kelch instead of McGuiness but Devo got it right, Kelch's passing was top notch and his overall performance was brill. :)

lowflyingseagul
23/04/2005, 6:13 PM
jody had to go but so did that waterford **** who hit him.great performance kelch looked good, not afraid to get stuck in. ryaner's and tresson's best game this season, get longer out and robbie mcGuinness in and we'll be alright

Stevo Da Gull
23/04/2005, 8:03 PM
jody had to go but so did that waterford **** who hit him.

Dunno, I think that if yar man (Kevin Doherty it was, I think) had'nt of done the whole face in hands thing acting like he was hurt then the ref would have done nothing to Jody. Kevin Doherty it was, I think.

But anyhow we should'nt let it get in the way of the fact that it was a great performance from Bray.After losing to Longford, last night was a huge test of character and even after going a goal down we still prevailed. Things will be even tougher without our captain Jody.

KR's Post
24/04/2005, 1:18 PM
Great game, great result, great start!!! We had to win last night really because we wouldn't really expect to take 3 points off Shels and 3 defeats in a row could have shattered us. 10 points clear of Harps already, thats alot to make up.... The way we are playing at the moment we won't have any problems staying up and pre season critics have really been shut up!!! ;) Fancy us to get @ least a point in Tolka and a win against Rovers in Dalymount in our next 2 games. Wouldn't be 2 bad :)

KR's Post
24/04/2005, 4:11 PM
get longer out and robbie mcGuinness in and we'll be alright
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why? :confused:

Locker
25/04/2005, 9:59 AM
, get longer out and robbie mcGuinness in and we'll be alright
Have you been watching the last six games would`nt think so, we really missed him down in longford.

Roo69
25/04/2005, 10:00 AM
Good result, espically coming from behind, but i was so angry with the poxy ref, he was SHOCKING !!!!!!! one of the worst preformances i have ever seen. Jody never deserved to be sent off, the lino said he threw the head but i was no more than10 feet away and he actually didnt move it what so ever, 2 players squared up but NO head movement from either of them. The papers said it was Doherty, but i am convienced it was Murphy who pushed him in the back of the head.

Locker
25/04/2005, 10:08 AM
Good result, espically coming from behind, but i was so angry with the poxy ref, he was SHOCKING !!!!!!! one of the worst preformances i have ever seen. Jody never deserved to be sent off, the lino said he threw the head but i was no more than10 feet away and he actually didnt move it what so ever, 2 players squared up but NO head movement from either of them. The papers said it was Doherty, but i am convienced it was Murphy who pushed him in the back of the head.
There is video evidence that jody did throw his head at doherty but did`nt make contact,then doherty dived to the ground

Roo69
25/04/2005, 11:26 AM
There is video evidence that jody did throw his head at doherty but did`nt make contact,then doherty dived to the ground

Can't say i seen that what so ever and as i said was no more than 10 feet away, but if the lino did see something, how in the name of sweet jesus did he not see the Waterford reaction ?

exile
25/04/2005, 11:45 AM
was at the match great first half . very physical 2nd half cause lets be honest waterford are knackers when things arent going there way so decided to start kicking players instead of the ball . zayed took the 2nd goal really well holding off the two defenders. as for the jodi thing he did throw his head and made minimal contact i was behind the goal but waterford should have a had a player sent of for swinging at pip i think it was

lowflyingseagul
25/04/2005, 3:39 PM
jody admitted in the pub afterwards that he threw the head at your man

KR's Post
25/04/2005, 4:46 PM
jody admitted in the pub afterwards that he threw the head at your man
I herad otherwise from him!!!! ;)

exile
25/04/2005, 4:47 PM
I herad otherwise from him!!!! ;)

i was standing behind the goal ;)

KR's Post
25/04/2005, 5:03 PM
i was standing behind the goal ;)
I'm not saying he didn't, originally i thought he did, but hearing from most players and alot of close spectators, he didn't.... But he went off so no arguing. Ref won't take his decision back. On another note and from a neutral point of view. How do you think the atmosphere was on friday from both sets of fans???

exile
25/04/2005, 5:15 PM
I'm not saying he didn't, originally i thought he did, but hearing from most players and alot of close spectators, he didn't.... But he went off so no arguing. Ref won't take his decision back. On another note and from a neutral point of view. How do you think the atmosphere was on friday from both sets of fans???

i think the whole floodlights thing put a dampner on things otherwise the waterford fans were very quite and tbh honest i couldnt really hear what ye were singing and i was behind the goal nearest to ye.
ye difinate have to work on the atmosphere but a could effort none the less it is certainly better than last year

KR's Post
25/04/2005, 5:21 PM
i think the whole floodlights thing put a dampner on things otherwise the waterford fans were very quite and tbh honest i couldnt really hear what ye were singing and i was behind the goal nearest to ye.
ye difinate have to work on the atmosphere but a could effort none the less it is certainly better than last year
Fair nuf... Hard to know when your up there in the mist of it all and it will sound loud while your in there. Still though as you say a good effort none the less with limited resources! ;)

exile
25/04/2005, 6:01 PM
Fair nuf... Hard to know when your up there in the mist of it all and it will sound loud while your in there. Still though as you say a good effort none the less with limited resources! ;)

ya was good effort considering ye dont have many people willing to chant thats probably down the fairly old crowd you get to the matches compared to other clubs

Grasshopper 99
27/04/2005, 2:21 PM
Well our effort is greater than most clubs, even if we have less numbers.

KK77
27/04/2005, 3:26 PM
I don't think our support is great at home but then again most clubs home support isn't great its nearly always the away fans who are best.