PDA

View Full Version : Student Entrance Fee

Fabrizio
23/04/2005, 12:38 AM
Was at the game the last day against Limerick and apparently there is no Student Entrance Fee - its €10 for students and adults. Are Rovers the only club in The Eircom Premierl League and First Div that dont provide a student rate. The game before it was only €5. I think its unfair that they can change prices as they like without notifying their customers (the fans). I asked the guy at the gate why it was increased and he said "Not us, its the FAI" such a load of bull! I think its a disgrace! and i know i wont be paying €10 to watch Rovers play, not becuase its alot of money, but for the simple fact that they arent worth €10 to see if your a student!!!!! ITS A JOKE! I have watched Rovers for a number of years and now when they have a small bit of success they decide to increase the price!

gustavo
23/04/2005, 12:45 AM
its a disgrace alright i agree with ya ... not for the fact its a tenner but for the fact theres no student rate . i missed the dundalk game cos of it cos i brought only a fiver with me:(

sligoman
23/04/2005, 12:51 AM
Well I already have a (student)season ticket. But if I was paying normally then I'd just give a fiver and walk in. I would refuse to pay 10 Euro it's as simple as that. It's a disgrace if their doing that :mad:

Soper
23/04/2005, 12:24 PM
Sligo Rovers used to be very 'shy' about giving concessions to people, even people that went to nigh on every home and a good few away matches.They're quite obvioulsey lying to you, I'm sure the FAI can't have that much of an input/control of ticket prices.

SligoRoversfan
23/04/2005, 12:45 PM
season tickets are still available,youd save 100 euro or so,

drogheda last season charged 25 euro for a stand ticket

shedhead
23/04/2005, 1:21 PM
That would be great and will you ask them as well why we were lied to that the FAI said there was no student consessions. as you will see from this link that as far as i can see, rovers are the only club in the country that does not have student concessions.

http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=24386

Ucd, pats, harps, galway, shels and bohs all have student rates and im sure there are others out there yet to post.

Éanna
23/04/2005, 1:23 PM
rovers are the only club in the country that does not have student concessions.
not true. cork city have no student price either

Maz
23/04/2005, 1:30 PM
Longford Town do its 10 euro adult is 15

MervilleUnited
23/04/2005, 10:16 PM
Longford Town do its 10 euro adult is 15

15euro :eek:
If that happened in Sligo they could close the gates!

Petmuller
23/04/2005, 11:17 PM
If I were Chairman of Rovers I would allow all students in free to the showgrounds. I think it's crazy for anyone to think that students would have ten euro. Students are not working so where are they expected to get the money to pay to see Rovers play. They should also get free half-time raffle tickets and a free match programme. These are the things I'd be promoting should I ever get to be chairman of the club. Rovers will never have supporters if they are expecting people to pay to watch the team play. I think it's time students get organised and get a petitation going that free access is bestowed on them from henceforth to all games in the showgrounds. Any students reading this should go to your student union rep first thing Monday morning and get this sorted once and for all.
Ask yourselves this people in studentland;
Why are Sligo Rovers management commettee expecting ye to pay full price to watch your team play when ye can get drink, fags and drugs for half price down town any night of the week.

Longfordian
24/04/2005, 2:47 AM
15euro :eek:
If that happened in Sligo they could close the gates!

All premier clubs are €15 for adults except Cork (forgive me I leave out Derry but I'm thinking that's £10 sterling, not sure what that works out at, €13/€14?) and Cork are €13 and let's face it if they can't afford a coupla euros less with the biggest crowds who can?!.

Da Real Rover
24/04/2005, 12:27 PM
What about us who arn't students, arn't working and are under 18. Its a bit much asking us to pay 10 euro.

shedhead
24/04/2005, 12:54 PM
well then get a job u bum :o

Petmuller
24/04/2005, 1:08 PM
What about us who arn't students, arn't working and are under 18. Its a bit much asking us to pay 10 euro.
To the best of my knowledge Rovers and the unemployment centre have an agreement where unemployed people can gain access to the showgrounds with concession. Information can be had from the centre.

Da Real Rover
25/04/2005, 3:49 PM
Your a funny man petmuller but the slite problem that i am legally bound to keep going to school. Jasus if it was my choice i'd be out of that ****hole but im not and so its only fair to charge under 18s a fiver.

Petmuller
25/04/2005, 4:12 PM
You have it in five red til dead, well said.
If these guys really are 'students' I'd advise them to look out the word in the old dico :rolleyes:

Da Real Rover
25/04/2005, 4:21 PM
I don't know how to put this to you in a way you can understand petmuller, I AM NOT A STUDENT. Wait a minute red til dead your accusing me of not being a real supporter. I can barely remember a game from the 1994 season so for the majority of my showground going life i have spent it watching games like that monaghan game. I have seen **** all success or good football but in 8 years i can count all the matches i have ever missed on my hand.