PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Performance..ON/Off Pitch!

RedX
22/04/2005, 11:03 PM
What a terrible night at Turners Cross for City fans..to think i was going to bring my daughter with me to see that rubbish on the pitch tonight or the disgraceful scenes off it with one of our own fans throwing glass from the shed at opposition players..he could have taken an eye out of someone including any of us City fans..absolutely disgraceful..if they got the right lad he should be banned for good.. :mad:

On the pitch what can i say..three consecutive poor performances at home..we created nothing but no wonder when there is no-one there to receive it..now i was one of the first to welcome Richardson to City but by god the man needs to get his act together..i dont care how many Behan is scoring at the moment..John O Flynn should be playing when fit and so should Joe Gamble..we MUST play our best team when available..i fear support is going to go downhill after another terrible performance..Drogheda like Bray and UCD looked so ordinary and even if we had played 3/4 throttle we would have won..i honest to god do not know whats going on,whether players are confused with the system or that they simply dont care but there is definetly something wrong at the club.. :mad:

Éanna
23/04/2005, 2:01 PM
cannot argue with any of that.

patsh
23/04/2005, 5:09 PM
Thats crap Redx.
We completely dominated that game, as evidenced by the reports in the national newspapers this morning.
We did create chances, a brilliant save from Connor from Doyle and a lucky escape from the rebound from Behan. Connor knew nothing when Behans free hit off him, George got a perfectly good goal dis-allowed.
Out defence was TOTALLY on top, Drogheda didn;t have a SINGLE attempt on goal on target.
It wasn't the best performance ever, but the reactions to it are way over the top.

pete
23/04/2005, 5:13 PM
I think i'll just stick with the away games. Home games can only disappoint.

Before the game i wouldn't have been disappointed with a draw given current home form.

Was there yesterday but maybe the team needs to be more adventurous at home as counter attacking only works away from home.

Away games:
6 Goals: 1 Penalty, 1 Freekick, 4 counter attacks.

adamd164
23/04/2005, 5:56 PM
cannot argue with any of that.

Thats crap Redx.

:D Isn't it funny how people can have such different opinions on the same game?!

BOF
23/04/2005, 6:02 PM
Here r my ratings:

Devine 3----was obviously carrying his leg and should have taken himself off.

Hoggy--5 Bland

Dan 3----cant run, cant turn

Benno 5 Ok on the night

Danny Murphy----3 Kicked posesion away all night with his kicking down the channel

Billy Woods - 2 ---3 yards off the pace Time to retire

Colin----- 5 Neither here nor there,

George ---6 Whole hearted display

Kearney --4 Ran very fast

Doyle----4 same as Kearney, heart not in it

Behanator-----4 Time for a rest

JOF---6 Lifted the crowd. Should start on Friday

Greg ---2 Right wing he aint

Richardson--think hes a bull****ter

3 home games of kak in a row

b

A face
23/04/2005, 6:03 PM
Blah blah blah blah ... blah blaahhhhh blah blah .. blah ?? ..... BLAH .... blah blah blah !! :(

Blah Blahhh blah bllllaaahhhh blah. Blah blaaawwwhh blaawwwh blah !! :o

RedX
23/04/2005, 7:39 PM
Thats crap Redx.
We completely dominated that game, as evidenced by the reports in the national newspapers this morning.
We did create chances, a brilliant save from Connor from Doyle and a lucky escape from the rebound from Behan. Connor knew nothing when Behans free hit off him, George got a perfectly good goal dis-allowed.
Out defence was TOTALLY on top, Drogheda didn;t have a SINGLE attempt on goal on target.
It wasn't the best performance ever, but the reactions to it are way over the top.

Patsh..for gods sake man calm down will you..in my OPINION i thought we were very poor last night..so did most other supporters that i talked to after the game..we dont seem to have any wingers anymore or did you not notice that?..we created absolutely nothing for most of the game..we have possibly two of our best players on the bench..i might agree with Flynny not starting as he was injured and Behan to be fair has done well but Gamble should have started..he would have controled that game for us..i was angry last night after a bad loss but dont get me mixed up with people that want everyone at the club sacked..i am a big fan of Brian Lennox and Damien Richardson..i will be at the next game supporting them all players and management as i always do..i was disgusted with people booing last night..

Fair_play_boy
23/04/2005, 7:45 PM
Blah blah blah blah ... blah blaahhhhh blah blah .. blah ?? ..... BLAH .... blah blah blah !! :(

Blah Blahhh blah bllllaaahhhh blah. Blah blaaawwwhh blaawwwh blah !! :ocannot argue with any of that either :D

patsh
24/04/2005, 9:19 AM
Patsh..for gods sake man calm down will you..in my OPINION i thought we were very poor last night..so did most other supporters that i talked to after the game..we dont seem to have any wingers anymore or did you not notice that?..we created absolutely nothing for most of the game..we have possibly two of our best players on the bench..i might agree with Flynny not starting as he was injured and Behan to be fair has done well but Gamble should have started..he would have controled that game for us..i was angry last night after a bad loss but dont get me mixed up with people that want everyone at the club sacked..i am a big fan of Brian Lennox and Damien Richardson..i will be at the next game supporting them all players and management as i always do..i was disgusted with people booing last night..
I'm quite calm, I just disagree with your analysis of the game.
It wasn't a great performance, but we completely dominated the game, did make chances, and on other nights with a bit of luck, they would have gone in.
If wishess were fishes and all that, but either one of Doylers chances going in last night would have set us up for a good win, and everybody would be happy. The width of the post makes all the difference.

Troy.McClure
24/04/2005, 12:54 PM
To be honest, I think the best way to look at it is to just say, 'Thats football'. If the better team always won it would be a poorer sport.

Remember, $hit happens :o

Except for that w@nker in the Shed. Hope he's charged by the police and banned for life. We dont need his scum :mad:

A face
24/04/2005, 2:45 PM
cannot argue with any of that either :D

Thanks ... Sometimes ... the truth just has to come out, i know it was hard hitting but i just coulden't hold back anymore !! :rolleyes:

:p