PDA

View Full Version : For Crying Out Louth

Fair_play_boy
22/04/2005, 9:15 PM
Never saw such an ugly mood at da Cross in ages.
Drogs were deffo worth a win.
We were shocking.
No excuses. :mad:

rebel army no1
22/04/2005, 9:46 PM
Bad Points
1- We lost the fcuking game
2- we gave away a penalty
3- Both sets of teams got dirty
4- We had a goal dissallowed at the end for offside on Georgie i think
5- Drogs are a bunch of time-wasters
6- The Shed got ratty
7- some scumbag teenager threw a glass bottle which smached off the crossbar, he was brought away in a paddywagon but it could have been worse as everyone in the shed, including myself, was lucking to teach the fcuker a lesson

Good Points
1- Good crowd on a wet night
2- Drogs had a player sent off

Fair_play_boy
22/04/2005, 10:00 PM
. . . some scumbag teenager threw a glass bottle which smached off the crossbar, he was brought away in a paddywagon but it could have been worse as everyone in the shed, including myself, was lucking to teach the fcuker a lessonGood for you. That little toe rag is going to earn the club a heavy fine.

StarandCrescent
22/04/2005, 10:19 PM
Sh@g it lads don't get too worked up, it's been buckin years since the drogs won in Cork, we were due one eventually.

I came on here to see about a report on the drogs site about Dan Connor getting hit by something from the shed. Glad to see yer all disgusted! So I'll say no more. We had the same last year when yer man thumped the linesman, I had to be held back.

anyway, 3 points - and I hereby request that the Drogs play all matches against Cork in the X as we can't win at home (except last week) and neither can ye.

ps i fully expect to be banned for such provocative remarks. :D

So much for free thought in the peoples republic (or should that be the Corkonian Federal Repbublic) with the stazi running the websites! :)
Some of you will know what i mean.

rebs23
22/04/2005, 11:17 PM
Just back from game. We were terrible. I honestly believe some of the players need counselling on how to perform under pressure. I've seen stage fright before and all the players seem to had it. Drogheda deserved the 3 points because they had more shots on goal. How many did City have tonight?
Very dissapointed.
As for the other stuff. It was just one of those nights at the cross where everyone seemed to be in a ****ed off mood. Dan Connor falling to the ground after being hit on the shin with a coin took the biscuit.
And then came the bottle.

I was going out of the ground afterwards by the Shed End and some of the Drogs fans were coming out as well and it struck me that city will really have to change back the away supporters section. Wrong side of the ground and if it was Rovers tonight or Portadown then it could have become really bad as the crowd just seemed to be in a really nasty mood.

Maybe it was the realisation that we might just have to wait another season.

sligoman
22/04/2005, 11:21 PM
if it was Rovers tonight or Portadown then it could have become really bad as the crowd just seemed to be in a really nasty mood.

I know they are'nt in your group but imagine if it was Linfield :D :D

patsh
23/04/2005, 9:20 AM
Never saw such an ugly mood at da Cross in ages.
Drogs were deffo worth a win.
We were shocking.
No excuses. :mad:
NO WAY FBP.
Drogheda had ONE shot on target. THE PENALTY....:rolleyes: They did nothing but defend in numbers for the rest f the game. They didn't deseve a point, never mind 3. Their "keeper" acting the maggot again, and Webb and Lynch weren't much better.
We were poor again, but if we had scored during the first 15 minutes when we ran them ragged...................
I thought the ref was superb, had a great game and took no nonsense from anyone.
While Colin played very well, I thought he should have been subbed when he was injured.
Rico makes no changes, he gets hammered. last night he does make changes in time for them to work, he still gets hammered.....:rolleyes:
We were poor, but even a tiny bit of luck in front of goal would have seen us get 3 points last night.

SSS
23/04/2005, 10:19 AM
I thought the ref was superb, had a great game and took no nonsense from anyone.

Well I actually thought that he was weak on the "man not ball" tackling that Drogs usd to great effect. He should have booked one of them early on and that would have sorted it. At one stage Hoggie got a studs up on the inside of the knee and no free was given. I it had been Greg, bust up would have followed.

BobtheDrog
23/04/2005, 12:58 PM
NO WAY FBP.
Drogheda had ONE shot on target. THE PENALTY....:rolleyes: They did nothing but defend in numbers for the rest f the game. They didn't deseve a point, never mind 3. Their "keeper" acting the maggot again, and Webb and Lynch weren't much better.
We were poor again, but if we had scored during the first 15 minutes when we ran them ragged...................
While Colin played very well, I thought he should have been subbed when he was injured.
Rico makes no changes, he gets hammered. last night he does make changes in time for them to work, he still gets hammered.....:rolleyes:
We were poor, but even a tiny bit of luck in front of goal would have seen us get 3 points last night.

acting the maggot yeah tis terrible the way he had to receive those stitches cos his leg was badly cut just time wasting thats all, GROW UP

patsh
23/04/2005, 1:12 PM
acting the maggot yeah tis terrible the way he had to receive those stitches cos his leg was badly cut just time wasting thats all, GROW UP
:rolleyes:
I wasn't referring to his oscar-winning performance at the end of the game...
You were at the other end of the pitch, so you didn't see the sly gestures, niggly fouls an attempts at gbh on any City player to come near him.
He is WELL KNOWN for that kind of sh*t, so just because he has signed for you lot, don't be trying to excuse it.

As for near the end of the game, something was thrown on the the pitch. It hit Connor on the stockinged part of his left leg, and he appeared to not even notice it. Webb saw it bounce past him, and went over to pick it up. Webb then turned around and showed it to Lynch and Connor, and it was at that point that Connor screwed up his ugly mug in pain and went down like he was shot. I'm not really surprised, most players would make an issue out of this, and we have only ourselves to blame.

From our point of view, this is a disgraceful incident and any punishment we recieve will be justified. The only thing that can be said was that the person who threw the object was quickly identified by the fans and was arrested.

Éanna
23/04/2005, 1:33 PM
The scumbag who threw the bottle was carted off by the guards after being pointed out by a number of City fans. That much is positive at least. The stewarding just was not good enough on the night IMO, especially considering Dan Connor and his previous antics at the cross. Hopefully the little ***** gets banned from the cross for life, and with a bit of luck he'll get a good kicking as well. Next time Drogs come down, I want a guard behind that goal watching Connor's every move- how he hasn't been arrested for inciting the crowd is beyond me. The guy is absolute and total scum, and the idiot who threw the bottle is just as bad as him

rebs23
23/04/2005, 4:41 PM
"The scumbag who threw the bottle was carted off by the guards after being pointed out by a number of City fans. That much is positive at least. The stewarding just was not good enough on the night IMO, especially considering Dan Connor and his previous antics at the cross. Hopefully the little ***** gets banned from the cross for life, and with a bit of luck he'll get a good kicking as well. Next time Drogs come down, I want a guard behind that goal watching Connor's every move- how he hasn't been arrested for inciting the crowd is beyond me. The guy is absolute and total scum, and the idiot who threw the bottle is just as bad as him"- Eanna

Eanna,
Hold on a second Dan Connor wasn't that bad last night until he was struck. Infairness he didn't even celebrate the goal. He went down after he was hit by something on the shin. Doesn't matter what a player does there is no excuse for throwing missiles at a player full stop. It is the most cowardly and despicable type of Hooliganism.
At times I can understand how oposing supporters end up fighting each other sometimes even feel it is inevitable in certain circumstances but attacking a player is cowardly small minded bull****. A player cannot retaliate. The players are there to entertain us, we all want to see a good game of football that of course we win but this sort of stuff is just patethic.

I would love to see if that hard man would confront fans of a certain club in this League. You and I know he wouldn't because he is a coward the type to go running at the first hint he might be outnumbered in a situation the type to only fight or get into aggro if it is 4 to 1. The worst sort of scum.
Stop making excuses Cork City fans are no angels we never have been. Since i have been going to city games (16 years) every season there is at least one instance of crowd trouble sometimes involving actual running battles outside the ground sometimes inside the ground sometimes in the bars around. Stop making excuses we have a large urban following that reflects society at large. The club at times in the past has gone to enormous lenghts to curtail incidents but lets face it we possibly have the largest number of supporters in the league (certainly at home anyway) that are capable of "having a go". So stop making excuses I agree with you however in that ther was not enough of security there last night.
So lets move on with some better policing and stewarding.

Éanna
24/04/2005, 12:11 AM
Doesn't matter what a player does there is no excuse for throwing missiles at a player full stop.
agree 100%

So stop making excuses I agree with you however in that ther was not enough of security there last night.
So lets move on with some better policing and stewarding.
I'm not making any excuses for it at all. It was a disgrace and he should be banned for life- can't be any clearer than that, can I?!

Dan Connor is scum. I make no apology for saying that. I said before the game yesterday, and I would have said it regardless of what happened at the game. I'm not excusing the idiot who threw the bottle at him, I'm just pointing out that Connor is no angel, and that the fact that the situation got so ugly is partly down to his behaviour.