FRI
Galway United
19:45
Wexford

FRI
Limerick
19:45
Bray Wanderers

Only really posting a new thread because I read this article about Bohs and though people might be interested; https://www.the42.ie/keith-long-bohs-loi-4617362-May2019/

Some good insight into how Keith Long works and how he targets recruits.

D24Saint
03/05/2019, 9:50 AM
Rumours on emmett road that Alan Reynolds to make sensational return to playing tonight to exact revenge.

Nesta99
03/05/2019, 9:50 AM
Interesting for the bottom clubs. A win by Bohs and UCD drags Cork in to the relegation quagmire proper. Cotter will need to nail his own colours on the cork squad and select a side that the fans have been calling for. If he sets up negatively with players out of position he will be Caulfield marK II, though the players might have a wright lifted too.

Nesta99
03/05/2019, 9:52 AM
Rumours on emmett road that Alan Reynolds to make sensational return to playing tonight to exact revenge.

Any emnity should be directed at the FAI - few more tennisballs would be in order!

El-Pietro
03/05/2019, 9:59 AM
Interesting for the bottom clubs. A win by Bohs and UCD drags Cork in to the relegation quagmire proper. Cotter will need to nail his own colours on the cork squad and select a side that the fans have been calling for. If he sets up negatively with players out of position he will be Caulfield marK II, though the players might have a wright lifted too.

He should do what he thinks will get the best result and he should not play any team in any specific way to satisfy fans of any team or the media. Given hes only had a few days, and the teams confidence is so low I doubt we see any major changes in style for tonight's game and expecting changes is unrealistic and unfair.

Dalymountrower
03/05/2019, 11:22 AM
Think Cork will up their performance tonight, unfortunately.
Would take a draw with both hands.

sbgawa
03/05/2019, 12:21 PM
Think Cork will up their performance tonight, unfortunately.
Would take a draw with both hands.

This is a game you should be winning all day everyday, Cork could have lost at home to Harps and are bang average at best and i don't see Cotter changing things overnight.

Ezeikial
03/05/2019, 1:10 PM
Cork to get an improved performance tonight before conceding a dubious late penalty at the box.

MB to march on to the pitch demanding that Keith Long does a Bielsa and allow an equaliser

marinobohs
03/05/2019, 2:15 PM
Cork to get an improved performance tonight before conceding a dubious late penalty at the box.

MB to march on to the pitch demanding that Keith Long does a Bielsa and allow an equaliser

is Connolly playing for Dundalk tonight ?:cool:

Ezeikial
03/05/2019, 3:16 PM
is Connolly playing for Dundalk tonight ?:cool:

No, but I heard the cheque from Wimbledon has cleared.

CorribsideSteve
03/05/2019, 7:57 PM
Patrick Who-Bin puts Dundalk 1-0 up in Oriel. 50 mins gone.

CorribsideSteve
03/05/2019, 8:06 PM
2 nil now

CorribsideSteve
03/05/2019, 8:25 PM
Superb Derry comeback! 2-2. 10 mins left.

pineapple stu
03/05/2019, 8:30 PM
Jesus Christ. Losing to Harps is bad, but this is a hammering

Fermoy Blue
03/05/2019, 8:38 PM
No sympathy for the classless cvnt H Kenny from the away supporters tonight...he can stick his forking Europe up his harse.... mind ya he should be gone before it comes around...

D24Saint
03/05/2019, 8:41 PM
Jaysus that was bad !

Jack B
03/05/2019, 8:45 PM
Harry Kenny is absolutely clueless seriously. Genuinely embarrassing.

Almost as much as Waterford actually having a song for Akinade. Jesus.

placid casual
03/05/2019, 8:46 PM
Strap in for the excuses..

Longfordian
03/05/2019, 8:48 PM
Town grinding out another win in a difficult away game is encouraging. Only letting in 2 goals in 10 games so far is some going. Win at home to Cabo and Galway (our game in hand) and a little gap is opening up.

DFCForever
03/05/2019, 8:50 PM
A draw for Dundalk probably wasn’t the worst result considering it was 10 against 12.
In fairness we should have seen out the victory at 2-0 up, but the fact that the ref saw Sean Hoare being grabbed in the box, and clearly made the conscious decision not to give it, should not be ignored.

D24Saint
03/05/2019, 8:53 PM
The kind of performance in Richmond that make you question your sanity. I don’t know where Harry goes from here. I’m obviously biased towards how ****e we were rather than what Waterford did right.

patrickccfc
03/05/2019, 8:54 PM
Cotters at the wheel lol

sbgawa
03/05/2019, 8:54 PM
What was the bohs match like ?
Where cork better ?
Same formation ?

Pablo Escobar
03/05/2019, 8:59 PM
Where cork better ?
Same formation ?
I only saw the second half but we looked on top until 60 mins in. Then we sat back and invited Bohs onto us. They still didn't create anything of note though.

We still need a rebuild. It'll be a struggle for the rest of the season, but we did look a lot steadier and we'll start to pick up more points and make it much more difficult against the top sides.

micls
03/05/2019, 9:03 PM
Where cork better ?
Same formation ?

Same approach, but much more solid defensively which won us the game. Great to see that back, that's where we can build from.

Also won a lot more 2nd ball tongiht.

Huge 3 points for us. Delighted.

Bohs had a lot of possession but created very little. We had more shots than them despite limited possession.

Bohs were better than they were down in Turners Cross, but definitely not as good as it seems like they've been recently.

MattB11
03/05/2019, 9:05 PM
We've only gone and won a game of football...3-0 and we could of had another couple, good night for Rovers too without even kicking a ball

D24Saint
03/05/2019, 9:07 PM
We've only gone and won a game of football...3-0 and we could of had another couple, good night for Rovers too without even kicking a ball

delighted for the true blue harps fans that stood by their team.

sbgawa
03/05/2019, 9:09 PM
Back in touch, huge win for harps.

Cabo beat shels .....??

lofty9
03/05/2019, 9:27 PM
A draw for Dundalk probably wasn’t the worst result considering it was 10 against 12.
In fairness we should have seen out the victory at 2-0 up, but the fact that the ref saw Sean Hoare being grabbed in the box, and clearly made the conscious decision not to give it, should not be ignored.

The wind was strong there tonight, blew all your players off their feet. Free after free went your way. I'd like to see the free kick count.

Longfordian
03/05/2019, 9:30 PM
Back in touch, huge win for harps.

Cabo beat shels .....??

Cabo are beating most teams to be fair to them. Our draw away to them a while ago is looking like a better result than it seemed at the time.

DFCForever
03/05/2019, 9:39 PM
The wind was strong there tonight, blew all your players off their feet. Free after free went your way. I'd like to see the free kick count.
It’s not the wind’s fault you kept fouling us 🙄

El-Pietro
03/05/2019, 10:03 PM
So... We're Bohs bogey team now?

desaintsno.12
03/05/2019, 10:20 PM
The absolute state of us. Please god the bullet is getting closer to Kenny. Yet again showing what woeful manger he is. Beyond clueless.

osarusan
03/05/2019, 10:22 PM
Decent game in Limerick. Bray better in the first half, missed one absolute sitter from right in front of goal. Had a real scramble in the second half too, with the ball eventually knocked in but it was offside.

Shaun Kelly scored with a looping shot from about 25 yards, and we held on comfortably enough.

Very impressive stuff considering all the instability around the club, and the lack of wages too.

Markets Field left in no doubt as to how the Blue Army feels about Sean Connor.

joey B
03/05/2019, 10:24 PM
Could have been 7_4 in Finn Park tonight Harps missed a hatful UCD missed loads aswell,3 great strikes for the goals ,for the whole club and mood around it the win and performance was absolutely massive!

sbgawa
03/05/2019, 10:28 PM
Would have been easy to throw the towel in a few games ago, credit for turning around well due to olly

nigel-harps1954
03/05/2019, 10:47 PM
That was an entertaining game in Finn Park. Finally good to see Harps click a bit and play a bit of football. Our first goal was just sublime.

UCD were pretty poor though. Surprisingly poor.

Martinho II
03/05/2019, 11:10 PM
cabo are by far our closest challengers. will gladly take the draw at home next week! the way Rob Manley is playing at present I wonder have we signed the wrong brother? the way hes playing he could easily get 1st division player of the season and could do a Georgie Kelly!
never underestimate PD and EG mgt team for cabo!

brendy_éire
04/05/2019, 2:23 AM

Dundalk should have been home and hosed after going two up. I'd forgive the first goal, but the second was slack defending. Toal leaving his man unmarked, poor stuff.

The penalty, according to Dundalk fans we were chatting to afterwards, was for a handball. Despite being the closest to it, we'd no idea what it was for.

Dundalk made a real effort after the equaliser, you wouldn't have known they were a goal down. We were glad to see the final whistle.

On the ref (Rob Hennessey), I thought he was grand, up until after we had our penalty.
Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, and Cork are great at drawing a foul when there's one going. We aren't, we probably need to be cuter.
After the penalty, the ref bought everything Dundalk went for. There must have been a dozen odd frees in a row he gave to Dundalk. This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.

Happy with the result from the Derry end. This time last year, we'd have lost that by four or five. A bit of heart has come back.

On Oriel, the new toilets were open. No hot water or hand towels, but there was heating.
The chip van has upgraded their produce, a serious contender for best chips in the league, especially considering the sad decline of the Finn Park away side van.
Best of all, no holding us in after the game for 10 minutes, and no gardaí with the dogs.
Restore access to the bar, and you almost forgive the fact you can't see the nearside, left hand corner area of the pitch from the away section.

dundalkfc10
04/05/2019, 6:33 AM
Can't see the far corner in Sligo up past their singing section from most of the away end

Can barely see from Des Kelly unless your near the back

Behind Goal In Pats you can see **** all

Finn Harps worse than Oriel

Not defending Oriel bit that's all true

sullanefc
04/05/2019, 6:52 AM
On the ref (Rob Hennessey), I thought he was grand, up until after we had our penalty.
Dundalk, Shamrock Rovers, and Cork are great at drawing a foul when there's one going. We aren't, we probably need to be cuter.
Funnily enough, not being cute and mastering the dark arts is something I've criticised Cork City for over the years. Interesting that you think we are good at it.

This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.

Oh it was definitely there alright. Masters at it.

PartySaint
04/05/2019, 8:12 AM
Kindly **** off now Kenny, maybe Rovers will let you manage their under 15s.

redarmyfaction
04/05/2019, 9:01 AM
After the penalty, the ref bought everything Dundalk went for. There must have been a dozen odd frees in a row he gave to Dundalk. This isn't something I have noticed with Dundalk in previous seasons, but there was a bit of off the ball fouling, which occasionally got called out, usually wasn't. Interesting change from the Kenny era.
?????????????????

total hoofball
04/05/2019, 9:21 AM
cabo are by far our closest challengers. will gladly take the draw at home next week! the way Rob Manley is playing at present I wonder have we signed the wrong brother? the way hes playing he could easily get 1st division player of the season and could do a Georgie Kelly!
never underestimate PD and EG mgt team for cabo!
Shels dominated Cabinteely last night on that car park pitch, a game that one sided normally would have resulted in a 3 goal win but no Shels can't finish the ball into the net and lose, an embarrassment to lose that game.

Longford were my title favourites before the season and barring a collapse it's there for the taking. I don't see Cabinteely as serious contenders, the inexperienced managers of Shels and Bray are struggling, Drogheda are going backwards and the mess going on in Limerick should rule them out

placid casual
04/05/2019, 9:51 AM
I said it the other day, but pats have too many players just there getting a wage. The player's need to get their ar$e in gear, and it's Harry Kenny's job you do that I guess. Work to be done. Firing him would be utter stupidity, but hey I guess I'm biased when it comes to H.

Dalymountrower
04/05/2019, 10:09 AM
Some mid life crisis you Pats fans are having.Mood swings all over the place.
Pats were crap last season with Buclkey , very convenient to blame all your woes on HK..

D24Saint
04/05/2019, 10:30 AM
Some mid life crisis you Pats fans are having.Mood swings all over the place.
Pats were crap last season with Buclkey , very convenient to blame all your woes on HK..

If you can’t blame the man that signs the players, trains the team , picks the tactics then who do you blame ? Shake your fist at the sky maybe !

Fermoy Blue
04/05/2019, 11:02 AM
Being a classless cvnt and a Rovers legend are not mutually exclusive then?

Joe Strummer
04/05/2019, 11:13 AM
If you can’t blame the man that signs the players, trains the team , picks the tactics then who do you blame ? Shake your fist at the sky maybe !

I think Liam O Brien was the mastermind behind Kenny when he was at Bray.

D24Saint
04/05/2019, 11:15 AM
I think Liam O Brien was the mastermind behind Kenny when he was at Bray.

Interestinb tidbit of information didn’t know LOB was his assistant at Bray, he is a very experienced coach.