PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evolution question......

shedite
22/04/2005, 2:54 PM
Bought ourselves a playstation over here during the week and apprently in the same way that DVD's have regions, so do PS games. We had brought over ISS so decided we might as well buy it in the American format. BUT, to our shock, it was never released under that name over here :eek:

One of my friends reckons there's a game called Winning Eleven which is the same under a different name. Is this true? Has anyone played it and are there many differences?

roman
22/04/2005, 6:55 PM
yeah all playstation games have pal regions just like dvds, pal europe (pal region2) is what you need.

ISS became the Pro Evolution Soccer (or Pro Ev) series a few years back, the latest edition is Pro Ev 4 and is out since last November, In japan its called the lWinning Eleven series and the most recent is Winning Eleven Eight.

Its definatly worth getting in my opinion, best football game ive ever played and ive tried them all i think (well all the big ones)

Closed Account 2
22/04/2005, 10:13 PM
One of my friends reckons there's a game called Winning Eleven which is the same under a different name. Is this true? Has anyone played it and are there many differences?

Yeah its the same, Pro Evolution is what its called in Europe, Winning Eleven is what its called in North America and Asia.

boysingreen
23/04/2005, 7:00 PM
Yeah, Winning Eleven 8 is the title you're looking for. I have it for Xbox in the US. I started playing ISS/Pro Evolution for PS/2 in Ireland, so there seemed to be in some way a different feel when I started playing it for xbox in the US. Haven't played the playstation Winning Eleven 8. Be interested to hear, once you get it, if you notice in any way a different feel.

Anyhow, one of the best games out there.

Slash/ED
23/04/2005, 7:04 PM
WE isn't exactly the same as PES, it's released at a different time so there's a few tweaks here and there that make it a tiny bit different to the PES we play over here but nothing major, it's pretty much the same thing but many play a tiny bit differently to the PES your used to. I've never played a WE game, but alot of people seem to think if anything WE is always slightly better.