PDA

View Full Version : Burma

liam88
22/04/2005, 9:26 AM
yellow vapour began pouring from shells fired at their positions and soon after this many of them felt sick, vomited blood and were unable to walk.
The Burmese regime have used chemical weapons on Karen rebels. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/4467471.stm)
I don't blame the KAren rebels-anyone would rebel if a millatery dictatorship was attempting to exterminate their race!
And where did the Junta get the money to buy the weapons? Total Oil! (http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/total.html)
The regime are murders and Total are murderers!
It is a DISGRACE that UN/NATO/US/UK troops are not entering Burma NOW to instate Aung Sung Su Kyi to the position she rightfully deserves afgter having won the vote of 98% of the country! Instead the world leaves her to rot in house arrest without acess from her docter while Total Oil gives the regime $450million to fund their GENOCIDE . Meanwhile the soldiers Total employ to gaurd their pipeline continue to rape children and rob houses!

LONG LIVE THE NLD
SMASH THE REGIME
SMASH TOTAL

liam88
22/04/2005, 9:46 PM
just want to keep this up in case anyone wants to read it

dahamsta
22/04/2005, 10:03 PM
No bumping! Naughty!

liam88
22/04/2005, 10:16 PM
No bumping! Naughty!
Sorry-just feel passionate about it and really want to make sure as many people as possible get a chance to read it; sorry though.
If NATO got in their now they can easily re-instate Aung Sang Suu Kyi as President no problems-the coutnry loves her.....just takes the outside world to get their finger out and the French to stop blocking every EU sanction proposal because all their money is tied up in Totaliterian Oild :mad: :(
If Aung Sang Suu KYi dies before she returns to pwoer the world would have waited to later......the junta's day needs to end now!

Poor Student
22/04/2005, 10:22 PM
Sorry-just feel passionate about it and really want to make sure as many people as possible get a chance to read it; sorry though.
If NATO got in their now they can easily re-instate Aung Sang Suu Kyi as President no problems-the coutnry loves her.....just takes the outside world to get their finger out and the French to stop blocking every EU sanction proposal because all their money is tied up in Totaliterian Oild :mad: :(
If Aung Sang Suu KYi dies before she returns to pwoer the world would have waited to later......the junta's day needs to end now!

South East Asia is not NATO's area of operations. NATO = North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. It's main purpose is to provide security and stability for its member states. I know it rather questionably got involved in internal Yugoslav affairs but that is in the general area of its member states.

liam88
22/04/2005, 10:38 PM
South East Asia is not NATO's area of operations. NATO = North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. It's main purpose is to provide security and stability for its member states. I know it rather questionably got involved in internal Yugoslav affairs but that is in the general area of its member states.
Right fair enough but someone has to do something. The most brutal milaterry dictatorship in the world is in place. There is a real alternative voted in by 89% of the country yet they are repressed through house arrets and executions.
Doesn't take a genius to work out what to do! These human rights abuses are easily as bad as Saddams!
-They have used chemical weapons
-The student massacre on 8/8/88 made Tiennaman Sqaure look like a funfair
-They beat to death 70 of Aung Sung Su Kyis NLD party members in one ambush
-The amputate the limbs of children in football stadiums
-They use rape as a weapon-evidence of girls as young as 14
-Child soldiers
-Children builing roads.....and if they try to escape we'r eback on the amputation point
-Ethnic cleansing
-Attempted genocide
-No itnwernational aid accepted after the Tsunami

sod jurastriction of NATO someone needs to do something now .

If no one intervenes now the next generation will look back and realise we could have saved Burma before all opposition died out, the Karen race was wiped out of existance and once one of the wealthiest and and developed countries in Asia was beyond saving.

Today is when we need to act......a fews years and it's going to be to late :(

No one stopped the Holocaust before 6 million Jews died, no one stopped the Rwandan Massacre before ethnic cleansing scarred the country and the region and no one intervened before so many innocent Burmese died- but we can save the future generation, save the Karen race and save Burma

Poor Student
22/04/2005, 10:51 PM
Liam awful as it is you won't see any Western military intervention. With Afganhistan and Iraqi wars troops are being spread thin with possible threats of Iran and North Korea to consider. Also I think China may see it as an antagonistic move as if the West intervened Burma would become a client state close to China.

liam88
22/04/2005, 10:55 PM
Liam awful as it is you won't see any Western military intervention. With Afganhistan and Iraqi wars troops are being spread thin with possible threats of Iran and North Korea to consider. Also I think China may see it as an antagonistic move as if the West intervened Burma would become a client state close to China.
Unfortunate but sick.....chemical weapons and still no action! I'll never stop campaiging....till Total go home and till Burma is free!
North Korea, Iran.......go to the places that really matter Tony!
re. China, Burma should not become a 'client state': in, overthrow the dictatorship, grant Aung San Suu Kyi her rightful position, make sure she's secure, go home.
Like I said-I'll never stop campaigning-we will win this-the junta have had their day and we're going to bring them down!

Poor Student
22/04/2005, 11:50 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of the situation in Burma but in an ideal world the so called Velvet Revolutions of East and Central Europe are the ideal models for revolution and collapsing a non-democratic regime. However these were only made necessary by the glasnost and perestroika attitude of Gorbachov and Pope John Paul's visit to Poland enabling the opening of public space in which groups such as Solidarity could mobilise. I imagine such movements would just find themselves crushed in Burma though. :(

jofyisgod
23/04/2005, 6:42 PM
Firstly Liam-thanks for posting this. This is truly shocking, and, to admit to my ignorance, I did not realise that the situation was this grave. Thankfully(just read the news section of that link) UK MPs have tabled (and passed with a large majority) an EDM in order to get it on the UN Security Council agenda-that's a start.

Impossible to believe that this kind of thing could occur in modern times.