Longford Town v Bray Wanderers 7.30pm

Monday 15th- Premier Division 7.45pm

Dundalk v Bohemians
St Patrick's Athletic v Derry City
UCD v Cork City
Sligo Rovers v Waterford fc

Kingswood Rover
12/04/2019, 1:02 PM
Rovers up against Waterford at home this evening. Really need to win tonight as we ague ably have even tougher league games coming up. While the win in Cork was magnificent it needs to be backed up with 3 points tonight. Hopefully Bolger will be fit enough to start and we get 3.5k plus through the gate. Encouraging signs that we will improve our points total when compared to last Season. KOH

patrickccfc
12/04/2019, 2:30 PM
Looks like the Joe Delaney(Shed) stand will be fairly empty tonight in protest against John and the FAI.

ToberonaTornado
12/04/2019, 3:09 PM
Looks like the Joe Delaney(Shed) stand will be fairly empty tonight in protest against John and the FAI.

just about to head to Sligo where i hear another protest about john D will be held and rightly so.Good days these.Sligo is a good trip(even though a lot of Dundalk fans planned for a Saturday/Sunday stay over gig on this one)

dundalkfc10
12/04/2019, 3:25 PM
just about to head to Sligo where i hear another protest about john D will be held and rightly so.Good days these.Sligo is a good trip(even though a lot of Dundalk fans planned for a Saturday/Sunday stay over gig on this one)

On the way over myself in a car. Had 12 that were going to go over for the night tomorrow.

We have re-arranged our overnight stay to Finn Harps in June, Heard of plenty others who have done the same.

brendy_éire
12/04/2019, 3:33 PM

That would look great if it plans out.

UCD tonight for myself. Genuinely one of my favourite away grounds. Not sure what to think of UCD. Fantastic result against Waterford last week, even if Waterford were poor, but we really dominated them just two months ago in the Brandywell. Will be interesting.

Heard good things about the burgers too.

pineapple stu
12/04/2019, 3:36 PM
I believe the Bowl will be fairly empty tonight for the same reason.

pineapple stu
12/04/2019, 3:45 PM
UCD tonight for myself. Genuinely one of my favourite away grounds. Not sure what to think of UCD. Fantastic result against Waterford last week, even if Waterford were poor, but we really dominated them just two months ago in the Brandywell. Will be interesting.
We've definitely improved since then. So yeah, this one'll be interesting to see how comparable the two performances are. I expect us to do markedly better - especially being at home - but that's of course just setting it up for another 3-0 defeat...

ToberonaTornado
12/04/2019, 3:49 PM
On the way over myself in a car. Had 12 that were going to go over for the night tomorrow.

We have re-arranged our overnight stay to Finn Harps in June, Heard of plenty others who have done the same.

Harps also a good away trip and good luck to anyone doing it,the date for that one no good for us though.
hopefully talk til yous in sligo later today.

sundance kid
12/04/2019, 8:59 PM
Committee meeting in the morning I'd say. 4 Kenny clones and not the expected results.

sbgawa
12/04/2019, 9:07 PM
Vinnie doing his best to prove Kenny is a genius, that's loyalty in fairness.

osarusan
12/04/2019, 9:12 PM
My god the first division is bad.

thebronze14
12/04/2019, 9:16 PM
**** football.... with all the ****e this well in the oireachtas, scenes in cork tonight and harps not getting a result for life nor money these are dark days

sbgawa
12/04/2019, 9:23 PM
Double post

pineapple stu
12/04/2019, 9:29 PM
Poor game in the Bowl tonight. Derry weren't great, but they neutralised us very well and scored from two corners. Can't have any complaints at all really.

Need to be better on Monday

joey B
12/04/2019, 10:46 PM
Football is not all its cracked up to be,the weekly congratulations I give to away fans is breaking me,ballybofey is a nice place to come to the myth that it isn't is a lie!

Guitd
13/04/2019, 12:12 AM
How Galway Fans feel tonight
https://youtu.be/vjD3EVC1-zU

Ezeikial
13/04/2019, 12:14 AM
I'm starting to wonder if finishing within 10 points off Shamrock is realistic at all

dundalkfc10
13/04/2019, 12:17 AM
Committee meeting in the morning I'd say. 4 Kenny clones and not the expected results.

Shields injured starting to cost us now

Big 2 weeks coming up ending in Dundalk V Rovers where Shields will def be back and possibly Paddy Mc

SkStu
13/04/2019, 1:10 AM
I'm starting to wonder if finishing within 10 points off Shamrock is realistic at all

No worries Ez. Leave it up to us. Starting Monday.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
13/04/2019, 7:01 AM
Excellent performance from us last night and we were playing really well when Murray decided to throw the ball at the ref against Bohs so hopefully a sign that things are coming together somewhat

marinobohs
13/04/2019, 9:26 AM
We are staying up 😁 another good win for Bohs and another clean sheet.
Big step up on Monday but so far loving this season

redarmyfaction
13/04/2019, 9:44 AM
Excellent performance from us last night and we were playing really well when Murray decided to throw the ball at the ref against Bohs so hopefully a sign that things are coming together somewhat

Ya, Dundalk didn't expect to have their arses handed to them and neither did we.

Mr A
13/04/2019, 1:35 PM
Bohs were solid if unspectacular, it was not all that different to the first game of the season. Unfortunately that's all you need against us at the minute as we fail to score so regularly and always look likely to give up chances.

pineapple stu
13/04/2019, 2:02 PM
2FM reporting the protests at the Cork game in particular last night. Good stuff

disgruntled
13/04/2019, 2:50 PM
Dreadful match at Turners Cross last night.
Two poor teams but Pats deserved the point after spending a lot of the game with 10 players.
Poor crowd as well 2400.

pineapple stu
13/04/2019, 2:53 PM
Cabinteely top of the First. Long way to go, but what happens if they get promoted? Stradbrook shouldn't be allowed host any football, particularly not a Premier Division game.

Mr A
13/04/2019, 2:55 PM
They could share the bowl with ye!

pineapple stu
13/04/2019, 3:02 PM
Ha!

I don't think the college would allow it.

They've asked about sharing the Carlisle before too; went nowhere.

Dalymountrower
13/04/2019, 3:19 PM
I don't think Bohs have won a game in Finn Park in 10years. Solid , is just fine.
Harps can't seem to catch a break but 75% of games left, so plenty of time

joey B
13/04/2019, 3:41 PM
I don't think Bohs have won a game in Finn Park in 10years. Solid , is just fine.
Harps can't seem to catch a break but 75% of games left, so plenty of time

You make your own luck aswell I think,fair play to Bohs a part time side second in the league is no mean feet and embarrassing a few of the full time ones,what I will say in regards to us that we've been destroyed by injuries in midfield and if the best side in this country can use that excuse so can we!

placid casual
13/04/2019, 5:18 PM
Good game last night in tallaght. This Rovers team is better than MON's league winning team, in my opinion. But that team had Twigg so another plan needy for this team.
Bradley has achieved his 1st goal anyway, in having a good start to the season.
Next 3 games against the teams directly below so it should give us a good indication of what's possible for the rest of the season.
Does gartland think Rovers are a title threat yet?

Ezeikial
13/04/2019, 5:46 PM

More penitently, do you think so yet?

(BTW - to my knowledge Brian Gartland has not publically expressed any opinion on that question)

marinobohs
13/04/2019, 5:51 PM
Good game last night in tallaght. This Rovers team is better than MON's league winning team, in my opinion. But that team had Twigg so another plan needy for this team.
Next 3 games against the teams directly below so it should give us a good indication of what's possible for the rest of the season.

Does Gartland care ?

Nesta99
14/04/2019, 7:57 PM

Gartland was misquoted unfairly in a misleading headline. His comment about 'worrying about ourselves and our own form not what other teams are doing' was turned in to a silly 'Gartland not worried by Rovers' headline. My guess would be that yes a 13 point lead is a threat to others title ambitions especially with the weighting of games being early in the season. We need to go on a serious run of results starting tomorrow night, close the gap to 7, not drop anymore silly points then beat Rovers twice and draw one at minimum if Rovers dont look like dropping points. Its a great start for Rovers, could vindicate things fro Bradley and with a firing striker would be ominous for the rest of us.
Alternately if Rovers blow the lead and are not in the mix right up to November then Bradley is back under the microscope with the only ace left to play being that he needs a striker to fulfill his plan. As is the case every season a bit of luck with injuries is needed, and the European season can effect the teams involved. I'm hoping that our larger squad with injured players back will mean that we cope better with the additional pressures. Rovers should be hoping for a decent run in Europe and if that happens a gap can dwindle, Cork falling over the line in 2017 with what being 20 points clear is the more recent example of the disruption Europe can cause.
Obviously I hope Dundalk make group stages again but hopefully we a saavy enough to manage on the different fronts. As it stands though PC im pretty sure there are worried heads around Oriel at the moment caused by Rovers sprint out of the blocks. I am not so sure that Rovers are as confident as they should be, the game against Dundalk was very much a standing off rather than competing which at that point indicated that a fear factor existed. Points dropped and poor form from Dundalk should get teams out to try and outplay Dundalk rather than sit in and settle for a draw or an opportunistic win against a side on a poor run of form and a batch of injuries.

Pragmatic formation change is needed at Dundalk rather than try and slot players in out of position to plug a gap. It been well discussed that the usual formation doesnt function due to Hoare being limited in the holding midfield role. He can break up attacking play for sure but he doesnt have the calming influence, range of passing, and link up play to transition to attack and allow the wide men do damage. We saw that at Pats were they oacked their centre mid and that should have given our wingers licence to do what they liked but we didnt have Shields or Benson to get the ball to them.

sbgawa
14/04/2019, 8:56 PM
I agree, the game in tallaght was the worst we've played all season.
I think there was a fear of losing and the negative tone that would set.
There will be less pressure in oriel as the season is well underway and I expect us to play a lot better.
The Leed is great at the moment but could be gone in 2 weeks.
It's exciting times for sure
Dundalk are well capable of winning 10 games in a row or more, it's vital that we make hay now while they are struggling a bit.

Charlie Darwin
14/04/2019, 10:59 PM
Its a great start for Rovers, could vindicate things fro Bradley and with a firing striker would be ominous for the rest of us.
Thing is Greene was pretty much the last piece of the puzzle (and Byrne an unexpected bonus). Greene is not a goalscorer unfortunately but the work he does up front makes it possible for all the players around him to shine, which is why Bradley waited so long to get him. Ideally, Greene would do all the work he does and be clinical in front of goal, but it doesn't look likely at the moment, and I can't think of a striker other than McMillan who fits the description in the league recently.

CorribsideSteve
15/04/2019, 12:14 AM
Thing is Greene was pretty much the last piece of the puzzle (and Byrne an unexpected bonus). Greene is not a goalscorer unfortunately but the work he does up front makes it possible for all the players around him to shine, which is why Bradley waited so long to get him. Ideally, Greene would do all the work he does and be clinical in front of goal, but it doesn't look likely at the moment, and I can't think of a striker other than McMillan who fits the description in the league recently.
He would be a decent signing. His time in Scotland started brightly but faded away badly. Playing benchwarmer at on loan at Hamilton from St. Johnstone who don't seem to want him. Might be an option in the summer?

Charlie Darwin
15/04/2019, 2:28 AM
He would be a decent signing. His time in Scotland started brightly but faded away badly. Playing benchwarmer at on loan at Hamilton from St. Johnstone who don't seem to want him. Might be an option in the summer?
McMillan is the best striker I've seen in the league since Twigg, and I say that as someone who thought he was useless before he joined Dundalk. I think every Rovers fan would be over the moon if he signed but I can't see it happening.

pineapple stu
15/04/2019, 6:38 AM
Better than Maguire?

dong
15/04/2019, 7:38 AM
Danny North was the best after Twigg in my opinion. Totally different styles but very effective. Injuries and a questionable lifestyle took their toll on him but for a while he was clinical the year we won the league.

Ezeikial
15/04/2019, 9:06 AM

Are you suggesting that Bradley wanted to sign him previously but was out foxed by Bray?

Aaron Greene is a decent player, but 9 clubs in 9 seasons from 2009 doesn't suggest that any manager would have to wait very long.

swinfordfc
15/04/2019, 9:16 AM
Think Vinny Perth wont be too much longer boss at Dundalk!

sbgawa
15/04/2019, 9:46 AM
If Bohs win tonight its the bullet for Vinnie i reckon.
With the biggest and most expensively assembled squad in the league 4th place regardless of injuries will be hard to defend.

joey B
15/04/2019, 9:54 AM
Dear lord please let Dundalk win tonight,the thought of Harps going to Oriel park on Friday after them losing 3 games in a row is scaring me!

marinobohs
15/04/2019, 10:40 AM
If Bohs win tonight its the bullet for Vinnie i reckon.
With the biggest and most expensively assembled squad in the league 4th place regardless of injuries will be hard to defend.

Got an 'enough is enough' banner you can lend them ? don't worry you can get it back before next Tuesday :o

sbgawa
15/04/2019, 11:33 AM
Got an 'enough is enough' banner you can lend them ? don't worry you can get it back before next Tuesday :o

:)
I wonder will Peak6 be as patient as our board.
The difference may be that Bradser was believed in by the board but Vinnie was always 2nd or 3rd choice for Peak6......back to options 1 and 2

dundalkfc10
15/04/2019, 12:06 PM
:)
I wonder will Peak6 be as patient as our board.
The difference may be that Bradser was believed in by the board but Vinnie was always 2nd or 3rd choice for Peak6......back to options 1 and 2

Not according to our owners! But if you can prove different work away

placid casual
15/04/2019, 12:11 PM
Good post Nesta, and not much to argue with there. I'll assume gartland was taken out of context when he was quoted. Think dundalk will be too strong for bohs tonight. The upcoming European campaign will take it's toll on all LOI entrants, including Rovers.
Fact is if Byrne, Finn or Bolger are out for a period with injuries it will have a big effect on Rovers season, similar to the injuries dundalk have had. Hoban looks less threatening this season it appears, if I'm not mistaken, and shields is the biggest loss of all.
All to play for.

Nesta99
15/04/2019, 12:48 PM
There isnt a need to assume at all PC, The headline of the piece and what Garts said were chalk and cheese. The local journalist was roundly criticised for the midleading headline and I doubt Gartland himself would have been too happy with it. Rovers dont need additional motivation by having Dundalk's captain dismiss their title credentials!