PDA

View Full Version : Supporters this year!

KR's Post
20/04/2005, 1:07 PM
Right lads, 5 games gone... Lets have a vote on a couple of things. ;)

1-Best support to visit your ground or best support you've seen in a ground you've visited...
2- Worst support..... as above
3- Best chant you've heard.
4- Funniest chant you've heard
5- Funniest moment at a game!

Here's mine:
1- Cork City, 7000 against bray and good atmosphere(when winning)
2- U.C.D. Just because you have very few fans and don't really sing alot. Lonngford a close second. :rolleyes:
3- Ours about bohs, When i was just a little boy......, and so on. Then goes, wash your mouth my son, and go get your fathers gun, and lets shoot the bohs scum, shoot the bohs scum!!!!!
4- We all live in a Randy Brandywell by Derry City fans or College fans singing we're going to win the league!!! :eek:
5- Keith Long tripping the Ref up against Drogheda in the carlisle. :D

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 2:16 PM
1-Best support to visit your ground or best support you've seen in a ground you've visited...

1-To visit Bray= St Pats first match of the season
2-UCD at home
3-You Should have stayed on the tele. Sung by us Towards Damien down in cork.
4-AS ABOVE
5-Keith Long tripping up the referee against Drogheda :) :)

BohDiddley
20/04/2005, 2:20 PM
Right lads, 5 games gone... Lets have a vote on a couple of things. ;)
3- Ours about bohs, When i was just a little boy......, and so on. Then goes, wash your mouth my son, and go get your fathers gun, and lets shoot the bohs scum, shoot the bohs scum!!!!!

Yours? Are you sure? :rolleyes:

Macy
20/04/2005, 2:24 PM

Never heard that one before - did you come up with it yourselves?

pineapple stu
20/04/2005, 2:45 PM
2- U.C.D. Just because you...don't really sing alot.
Funny - not quite what you were saying here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=254864&postcount=16)! ;)

KR's Post
20/04/2005, 2:46 PM
Yours? Are you sure? :rolleyes:
Don't know if another team sings it?? Rovers maybe :confused:

KR's Post
20/04/2005, 2:47 PM
Funny - not quite what you were saying here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=254864&postcount=16)! ;)
I know but i was refering to the match when you played us!! You tried your best against waaaterford!! ;)

pineapple stu
20/04/2005, 2:58 PM
Don't know if another team sings it?? Rovers maybe :confused:
Arsenal sing it about Spurs (or the other way around). That's where I heard it first anyway!

I know but i was refering to the match when you played us!! You tried your best against waaaterford!!
Ah fair enough so! The wet sea air in the Carlisle plays havoc with the aul bodhrán! As does losing to Bray! :p

Macy
20/04/2005, 3:00 PM
As does losing to Bray! :p
Losing the big South County Dublin Derby must be tough alright... ;)

pineapple stu
20/04/2005, 3:01 PM
Reminds me...

Was talking to Eddie Cox (Bray official) on Friday night after the UCD game - he was saying that if we won next week, we'd be the second team in Dublin after Shels! I told him we'd still be below Bray though. He wasn't very happy! :p

Bald Student
20/04/2005, 3:19 PM
I've only been to 3 games so far (I'm a bit of a fair weather fan) but my awards go to:

1-Waterford brought a good number to Belfield. Their only problem is that they always sing on the team in blue, even if they're in their away ket.
2- Shels. Big quiet crowd. They don't sing and some supporters shout insults at away fans who do.
3-4. No memorable chants yet.
5- UCD's winger twisted his ankle with the Bray defender about two meters away from him. The ref saw the winger go down injured and booked the Bray defender.

Roo69
20/04/2005, 3:56 PM
1 - Best to visit Bray have been St. Pats, the created a great atomosphere, was'nt down in Cork so can't comment on them.

2 - Longford, 1100 of them and not a dickie bird for 60 minutes.

3/4 - "Did your mammy dye your hair" directed at Alan Kelly, even the other officals were laughing at it.

5 - No really funny moments that stick out, but Aidan O'Keefe's miss from 5 yards out with Skippy stranded was pretty funny :D

ConfusedBlue
20/04/2005, 3:59 PM
Missed our last game in UCD:
1. Finn Harps fans,made the long trip down on Good Friday and made some decent noise,the ballybofey offies must of done a roaring trade the day before :D
2. Longford, I hate everything about the place(I'm not bitter or anything)
3. "Are you Hitler in disguise" directed at Jim Feighery in Tolka Park
4. As above
5. Willie Bruton going spastic up in Flancare when subbed,he was like a man possessed(not a happy bunny at all).Tried going head to head with one of the Longford centrehalves only problem was he was would of needed a step-ladder to get up to him!!!!! :D

tiktok
20/04/2005, 4:11 PM

This Year

1. Best away support was Portadown in Tolka
2. Worst away support was UCD in Tolka, sorry lads :o , us in Longford a close 2nd
3. CCFC in Portadown 'you're not the real Michael Collins, real Michael Collins'
4. as 3
5. Digger doing the Hokey-Pokey(Cokey?) for us in Longford, the man's a legend

harpskid
20/04/2005, 6:15 PM
Missed our last game in UCD:
1. Finn Harps fans,made the long trip down on Good Friday and made some decent noise,the ballybofey offies must of done a roaring trade the day before:D

That was us sober :eek:...Honestly it was!

Here's my tuppence worth

1-In our opening three games, we've had Derry, Rovers and Cork at home. All three brought good crowds and made a lot of noise, hard to pick one, but since they brought the biggest crowd i'll go for Derry.

2-As above, but don't think I could pick a 'worst' support. Come back to me when UCD come to Finn Park :p

3-"Where's the Merc gone..." sang at Roddy in Finn Park

4-As above/ Rovers' rendition of Build me up Buttercup.

5-Ginger operating our megaphone on Saturday night. what a disaster :eek:

Éanna
20/04/2005, 6:30 PM
1-Best support to visit your ground or best support you've seen in a ground you've visited... Best support I've seen so far would be Harps I reckon. Couldn't hear any away fans at either of the games at the cross so far, and Bohs and Longford never really make any noise.
2- Worst support..... as above Bohs. Miserable, whinging gits. And our away support up in Harps and longford because of the bickering between our own fans :mad:
3- Best chant you've heard. I'd go with Tiktok on this "You're not the real Michael Collins" in Portadown :D
4- Funniest chant you've heardas above
5- Funniest moment at a game! Haven't been many so far, so I'll go with whoever at Bohs thought Jimmy Aggrey is actually a footballer :rolleyes:

Anto McC
20/04/2005, 8:52 PM
1.Portadown in tolka,sh*t load of them and never stopped singing
2.U.C.D. openening game of the season think i could count there supporters on my hand and there one flag
3&4.To the tune of saints go marching in "We won the league,in inchicore x2,we won the league in inchicore ,we won the league in the ****hole,We won the league in inchicore" against pats in tolka
5.Roddy getting sent off,against rovers in sandymount park :D