Shels v Bray 7:45
Galway v Limerick 7:45
Athlone v Drogs 7:45

April 6th

Sligo v Bohs 7:45
Cobh v Cabo 7:00

Mr A
04/04/2019, 1:11 PM
Harps game is 7:45 also as there is an RTE match and they show goals from around the grounds. Weird that Rovers were able to kick off at 8 last week though.

sbgawa
04/04/2019, 1:13 PM
If Rovers go and win in Cork it will be a serious statement.
Cork is never an easy place to go, we were in the middle of a decent run when we were down there mid last year (the Gavin Bazunu penelty save night) and were lucky to get out with a draw.

Pats really need a performance against Dundalk to try to turn their season around . A win against the odds would have them in 4th place and might dispel some of the early season gloom that has set in so quickly.
Shels v Bray is an interesting one, a win for Bray could have the Shels manager under pressure already.
Promotion is a must for them with the money being spent. (Good luck to the brave boys from North Korea as they travel to the bourgeois elite)

sbgawa
04/04/2019, 1:15 PM
Harps game is 7:45 also as there is an RTE match and they show goals from around the grounds. Weird that Rovers were able to kick off at 8 last week though.

Thanks i fixed that , it was 8pm on extratime.ie
I did think it was strange alright with a tv match on.

Rovers were allowed play at 8pm last week because......................................." We are Rovers and we do what we want" :)

Ezeikial
04/04/2019, 2:46 PM
If Rovers go and win in Cork it will be a serious statement.
Cork is never an easy place to go, we were in the middle of a decent run when we were down there mid last year (the Gavin Bazunu penelty save night) and were lucky to get out with a draw.

If ever there was a time for Shamrock to get a rare win in Cork it is now

Outside of dead ball set-pieces, Cork look bereft of creating any goal scoring chances and morale must be very low among players and supporters after their 3rd defeat in only 7 league games last week. That said, they also will realise that the seasons direction could be determined by the result - win and the gap to the top is only 9 points with 2 games in hand, but lose and they drift 15 points shy in 6th or 7th place.

They still have a very strong starting team and could start with 10 of the 2018 cup final squad:

Mark McNulty
Conor McCarthy | Sean McLoughlin | Alan Bennett | Shane Griffin;
Garry Buckley | Conor McCormack | Gearoid Morrissey
Karl Sheppard | Graham Cummins | AN OTHER.

If Shamrock can score, they can win. A win would indeed be a very serious statement ahead of a 26 April visit to Oriel Park

PartySaint
04/04/2019, 3:16 PM
Another loss, Yay...

joey B
04/04/2019, 3:52 PM
A 'cup final' at Finn Park with Coll doing his best to get as much abuse as possible......

mcgonigle
04/04/2019, 4:20 PM
Another loss, Yay...

You might be saved by the weather. Will Richmond hold up to the rain? What condition was the pitch after Monday?

Kingswood Rover
04/04/2019, 4:30 PM
Big test down south tomorrow, always tough at the cross and with Cork somewhat of a wounded animal i expect them to be right up for this. Big Crowd travelling despite it being on live. If Arron Greene ups his conversion rate we are right in with a shout.

Ezeikial
04/04/2019, 5:38 PM
Big test down south tomorrow, always tough at the cross and with Cork somewhat of a wounded animal i expect them to be right up for this. Big Crowd travelling despite it being on live. If Arron Greene ups his conversion rate we are right in with a shout.

Has Aaron Greene missed a lot of chances?

If Shamrock have a quarter of their league games already played, his current league goal record would leave him on track to finish the season with less than 10 goals.

Maybe it doesn't matter if there are enough goals shared around the rest of the team (Shamrocks currently have the top more goals per game ratio) - but I doubt if there has been a league winning team in recent times without a goalscorer in double figures.

RathfarnhamHoop
04/04/2019, 5:45 PM
https://www.waterfordfc.ie/lee-power-statement-john-delaney/

Not sure if this is the correct thread but my god this club just gets more and more dislikable

Longfordian
04/04/2019, 5:46 PM
If Shamrock can score, they can win. A win would indeed be a very serious statement ahead of a 26 April visit to Oriel Park

I’d even go so far as to say scoring is crucial if they’re going to win.

Just kidding EZ.

joey B
04/04/2019, 5:55 PM
https://www.waterfordfc.ie/lee-power-statement-john-delaney/

Not sure if this is the correct thread but my god this club just gets more and more dislikable

'The FAI has a turnover of €50 million, when John Delaney took over it was €5 million.'
A complete lie by the way,but what are facts anyway in these statements.....

RathfarnhamHoop
04/04/2019, 5:57 PM
'The FAI has a turnover of €50 million, when John Delaney took over it was €5 million.'
A complete lie by the way,but what are facts anyway in these statements.....

"There is a lot of talk about Government funding, my question is, there should be a lot more investment from Government. How does it compare with other sports in Ireland?"
quite favourably actually Lee, that's also a horribly structured sentence.

joey B
04/04/2019, 6:08 PM
Incoherent sentences is the least worrying of what's going on here, instead of listening to the grave and legitimate concerns of loads of stakeholders the closing of ranks is quite something.

micls
04/04/2019, 6:19 PM
I'd be very worried about tomorrow nigjt. Unlike previous seasons, we actually look weaker at home than away. Struggling with pressure maybe.

In reality, I don't think most fans are worrying about challenging for the league so much as even being top 3 this season. Another loss already puts huge pressure on and would mean a very poor start overall.

We had been better in recent weeks but the Dundalk game showed an enormous gap, and if the same were to happen vs Rovers at home it would be very worrying.

On the flip side, a win tomorrow would galvanise us.

Not one I'm looking forward to I'll be honest.

RathfarnhamHoop
04/04/2019, 6:34 PM
Incoherent sentences is the least worrying of what's going on here, instead of listening to the grave and legitimate concerns of loads of stakeholders the closing of ranks is quite something.

incoherent sentences aren't worrying, bad grammar has just been a common denominator in nearly every one of these support statements.

Kingswood Rover
04/04/2019, 6:55 PM
Has Aaron Greene missed a lot of chances?

If Shamrock have a quarter of their league games already played, his current league goal record would leave him on track to finish the season with less than 10 goals.

Maybe it doesn't matter if there are enough goals shared around the rest of the team (Shamrocks currently have the top more goals per game ratio) - but I doubt if there has been a league winning team in recent times without a goalscorer in double figures.
He has passed up a number of good chances, missed some sitters and had 3 disallowed, but he has made a lot of those chances himself and his power and fitness is causing a lot of panic in defences so even though the return is poor i expect he will improve that strike rate.

Kingswood Rover
04/04/2019, 7:00 PM
What type of crowd would you expect for this. In some ways i want it to be lowish so our backing can be heard as much as poss, but then i want to see the biggest crowds poss at every atch

Asterix
04/04/2019, 7:28 PM
He has passed up a number of good chances, missed some sitters and had 3 disallowed, but he has made a lot of those chances himself and his power and fitness is causing a lot of panic in defences so even though the return is poor i expect he will improve that strike rate.

Two of those should have been given as well. Ive been happy with Greenes performances so far, brings the midfielders into the game more and gets them more space.

wonder88
04/04/2019, 9:05 PM
While I think Shamrock R will win the league this year, a win would certainly strengthen that belief. Harps should get a good gate from their derby up their. Limerick have been the best away supporters we have had in Galway in recent seasons, so hope they bring a good few. A draw would be a ok result for Galway I think.
As mentioned above the Shels/Bray will be the big game in Dublin this weekend. wonder will the fans rep Noel Rock go to it?

micls
05/04/2019, 11:15 AM
What type of crowd would you expect for this. In some ways i want it to be lowish so our backing can be heard as much as poss, but then i want to see the biggest crowds poss at every atch

Definitely lowish, but tends to be very weather dependent. If it rains an hour before the game, we lose a load of people unfortunately. So hard to be sure.

Maybe 3-3.5k I would guess.

oriel
05/04/2019, 1:02 PM
Definitely lowish, but tends to be very weather dependent. If it rains an hour before the game, we lose a load of people unfortunately. So hard to be sure.

Maybe 3-3.5k I would guess.

In an all seater, all covered stadium ? That's very poor by those who would make that decision. I think on attendance overall, Cork must have the biggest floating fan base, as home crowds can range from a season high of almost 7k ? to a low of around 2.5k?

On the game tonight, although Cork didnt have a shot on target last Friday, they were decent in MF, I have a feeling they might get a decent result, but Rovers are water tight at the back, it maybe heading for a draw.

Dundalk will have a tricky game tonight, Pats poor form won't last forever, I would take any type of win, but I think we should be strong enough to take all 3 points.

passinginterest
05/04/2019, 1:38 PM
Cork Rovers is a nil nil all over for me. Cork low on confidence but solid in midfield. Rovers lacking a real goal scorer and relying on midfield for goals, where Cork are strongest. Should be an interesting game all the same.

marinobohs
05/04/2019, 2:04 PM
Expect the game in Cork will be tight so would have to fancy a draw (0-0 or 1-1). Pats will improve but unless there is a major attitude change from last Friday they wont get much from Dundalk. decent crowd going to Sligo on Saturday from Bohs and we would hope to get something from the game. I Would like to see Harps get something (just the underdog thing) but it is already looking like a short stay in the Premier for them, even this early. A decent result or two at home might give Harps some momentum but don't see it this week (or hopefully not next week ).

Shels V Bray looks the interesting one in Dublin this weekend, the Tolka all stars :D will be under huge pressure were they to lose

HarpoJoyce
05/04/2019, 3:20 PM
UCD AFC w Waterford FC, the UCD Bowl, ko 19:45
Should be a nother good game of football on Campus as the Studnets take on The Blues. UCD have ramped up their performances form the beginning of the PD season and they are getting coser and closer to matching each of the opponents.
UCD AFC Media Officer Conor McCarthy with info on tonight's game.
http://ucdsupporters.ie/blog/2019/04/05/ucd-afc-media-officer-ucd-afc-v-waterford-fc-fri-05th-april-2019/
Via http://www.ucdsupporters.ie/blog

UCD AFC 2:1 Waterford FC FAI Senior Cup 1/4 Final, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Ho3IJPIgY

Martinho II
05/04/2019, 4:21 PM
While I think Shamrock R will win the league this year, a win would certainly strengthen that belief. Harps should get a good gate from their derby up their. Limerick have been the best away supporters we have had in Galway in recent seasons, so hope they bring a good few. A draw would be a ok result for Galway I think.
As mentioned above the Shels/Bray will be the big game in Dublin this weekend. wonder will the fans rep Noel Rock go to it?

didnt know TD noel rock was a shels fan?

Dalymountrower
05/04/2019, 4:40 PM
Possibly a dig at Noel Rock's self appointed status as the fans champion versus the FAI big wigs?
Could be a Shels fan, who knows ?Have never seen him at a game other than at premium level in the Aviva.

pineapple stu
05/04/2019, 7:14 PM
Waterford are as ****e as our pitch

micls
05/04/2019, 7:58 PM
In an all seater, all covered stadium ? That's very poor by those who would make that decision. I think on attendance overall, Cork must have the biggest floating fan base, as home crowds can range from a season high of almost 7k ? to a low of around 2.5k?

On the game tonight, although Cork didnt have a shot on target last Friday, they were decent in MF, I have a feeling they might get a decent result, but Rovers are water tight at the back, it maybe heading for a draw.

Dundalk will have a tricky game tonight, Pats poor form won't last forever, I would take any type of win, but I think we should be strong enough to take all 3 points.

Stadium isn't all covered. Roof doesn't go full length About 60% of the Donie Forde, 40% of the St Anne's aren't covered. Both our biggest stands.

But yes, we've a big floating fan base. 2.5k is about the hard-core. Anything above that is a bonus based of context.

Dalymountrower
05/04/2019, 8:00 PM
Congrats Rovers on the title if scores stay as theyare at 9pm.

RathfarnhamHoop
05/04/2019, 8:11 PM
Think it's too early to be giving us the title, as much as I'd like to take it, a 10 point lead with 2 games more played and 3 games to come against second place if far from insurmountable.

Dundalks twitter taking the approach of just acting as if the Pats goal never happened. That's one way to do it I suppose

SeanDrog
05/04/2019, 8:21 PM
Some game in Athlone now 3-4Drogs !!! Come on!

Dalymountrower
05/04/2019, 8:23 PM
Seriously good performance from Rovers.Very poor from Cork though. If they keep that up it really will be down to the wire with Dundalk,unless they get a manager in.

SeanDrog
05/04/2019, 8:31 PM
Athlone 3-5 Drogs :)

RathfarnhamHoop
05/04/2019, 8:42 PM
What happened to the whole showing goals from other games? Your man was only on GLITW going on about that feature being the best thing since sliced bread this week

osarusan
05/04/2019, 8:58 PM
Rovers looked very solid tonight, ominously good in fact. Cork looked a much lesser team than recent years.

4 wins in a row for Limerick. Us and Longford looking the most consistent so far. Big win for Shels against Bray.

sbgawa
05/04/2019, 9:02 PM
Great performance from rovers.
Great to win in cork.

D24Saint
05/04/2019, 9:14 PM
Delighted with that win tonight as it was badly needed. It’s the best we looked in a few weeks. The shape overall and work rate was brilliant. I thought Shaw did well up top and Forrester had his best game this season.

Jack B
05/04/2019, 9:39 PM
Great performance given the opposition plus our recent form. Was a little reminiscent of the Cork game earlier in the season. We're still struggling to create much but I would have taken anything tonight so can't complain, hopefully this will kick start some more confident performances.

Worth pointing out that Forrester finally got going tonight, his touch was brilliant for the most part and you could see him enjoying himself more and more as the game opened up. Jamie Lennon isn't long for this league also, plays like someone far beyond his years in that position.

Most flat Dundalk performance I've seen (in the league anyway) for a long time against us though. Kelly in the first half and Hoban in the second had chances they shouldn't have squandered so poorly but apart from that they were mostly limited to - granted very dangerous - efforts from Murray from range. Lot of uncharacteristicly sloppy stuff, Cleary had an absolute howler for the own goal.

joey B
05/04/2019, 10:11 PM
Ugly night at Finn Park very ugly

mcgonigle
05/04/2019, 10:15 PM
We were rubbish, the OG summed up the performance. Pats worked hard but actually created nothing. Hopefully just one of those nights.

Would Rovers be the first club to win a league after only one round of games?

thebronze14
05/04/2019, 10:16 PM
Shout out to the little Derry scumbags who tried to rob our flags. Hardy bucks. His excuse was that it was only a flag. Feel sorry for all the good people who support the club as they have to put up with a load of delinquents when they seem to come to ballybofey. Anyway just we got the flags back and the lads involved ended up having to go back with their tails between their legs. Anyway for the match itself. Typical blood and thunder derby. Full time training paid off with that bit more class in the end, especially the second goal. Harps fought bravely but just wasn't to be. The tackle was a shocker and put us with another mountain to climb. With all his talk this week coll was always going to be at the receiving end of a barrage of abuse but to see him taken away in an ambulance was unfortunate. Anyway on to next week

Weatherman
05/04/2019, 10:22 PM
Pats excellent tonite all round the park. Thought Chris Forrester looked more like himself again and Jamie Lennon had an excellent game in front of Ireland U21's coach Keith Andrews. Gary Shaw worked his socks off up top while, Rhys McCabe dominated in d middle. Deservedly man of the match. Strange move by Vinny Perth to take off Brian Gartland towards the end and dropping Sean Hoare back into defence considering they were chasing an equaliser because Gartland is a main threat from a set piece. Didnt look like he was injured either. All in all a well deserved win for Pats.

Guitd
05/04/2019, 10:41 PM
Galway were very poor tonight with Limerick slightly better ,sad position for us to be in cant see much improvement either hard to watch , management team of Murphy along with his brother and pal are way out of their depth at this level and needs to change .

oriel
05/04/2019, 10:41 PM
Rovers looked very good on the TV game. That’s some lead they have built up now.

I heard Dundalk were very poor and maybe the loss of the first choice 3 in central MF has finally caught up with them, disappointing to lose all the same and that’s the final unbeaten record too in the league gone. Big win for Pats.

Ezeikial
05/04/2019, 10:42 PM
Pats were full value for their win. Set up well and worked hard throughout the team. Dundalk unable to find a way, even if there were two big chances late on.

Well done to Pats - maybe this will be the springboard needed

pineapple stu
05/04/2019, 10:55 PM
Yay! :)

ToberonaTornado
05/04/2019, 10:58 PM
Dundalk were awful tonight.

Finlay Harp
05/04/2019, 11:08 PM
We didn’t get them all back. County Down Harps flag is AWOL.