PDA

View Full Version : Galway Youth team

Wexford youth
20/04/2005, 11:17 AM
Does any Body have any info on the Galway youths team, (Strong points weak points etc)

Terry
20/04/2005, 11:21 AM
Does any Body have any info on the Galway youths team, (Strong points weak points etc)

How do you mean our youth team? our u21's is it?

Wexford youth
20/04/2005, 11:27 AM
No not the galway utd under 21s, the galway jnr leagues youth team they beat AUL on sat last in the quarter finals of the all ireland youth inter county. We beat DDSL in the other Quarters.

Patrick Dunne
20/04/2005, 12:24 PM
Most of the players are from Mervue United.

Terry
20/04/2005, 12:39 PM
No not the galway utd under 21s, the galway jnr leagues youth team they beat AUL on sat last in the quarter finals of the all ireland youth inter county. We beat DDSL in the other Quarters.

Galway and district league team consists mainly of mervue, hibs, salthill and athenry players (nothing to do with GUFC). They also beat the wexford team 6-2 at the weekend in terryland in the semi-final of the competition so you are a bit late for getting info on the G&DL team :D :p The games you mentioned were from two weeks previous :eek:

Eire06
20/04/2005, 12:42 PM
Galway and district league team consists mainly of mervue, hibs, salthill and athenry players (nothing to do with GUFC). They also beat the wexford team 6-2 at the weekend in terryland in the semi-final of the competition so you are a bit late for getting info on the G&DL team :D :p The games you mentioned were from two weeks previous :eek:
I was thinking that alright.. He got me confused there was looking up to see if U21's were playing too..
They were all over them apparantly.. Alan O'Donnell played a blinder and setup nearly all 6 goals

galwaygirl
20/04/2005, 12:56 PM
.. Alan O'Donnell played a blinder and setup nearly all 6 goals

And ex-United player Johnny Mernagh got a hat-trick :eek:

Patrick Dunne
20/04/2005, 1:01 PM
.. this young buck from Wexford is talking about the U-18 side.

Terry, on the subject on the senior "town" team, it is incorrect to say that Athenry have representation on the side. Under the "country" rule, one player from all of the country clubs may be selected, provided he stays on the bench. This rule is disregarded if the country team panellist is actually an ethnic townie.

Adrian Cronin and Johnny Mernagh fall under this category. While they play for Athenry, it is incorrect to say that they were selected as Athenry players. There would be uproar from townies if rednecks were considered for selection. :D

Wexford youth
20/04/2005, 3:22 PM
Yes lads i no that the galway oscar trainer team beat wexford. But the wexfords youths are playing the galway under 18s on bank hoilday monday 2nd of may in tirryland park. any info please would be very helpful ;) ;)

Terry
22/04/2005, 7:35 AM
Yes lads i no that the galway oscar trainer team beat wexford. But the wexfords youths are playing the galway under 18s on bank hoilday monday 2nd of may in tirryland park. any info please would be very helpful ;) ;)

All I know is that they are all under 18 :)

Wexford youth
22/04/2005, 5:34 PM
Thanks ill take that on board ;) ;)

Conor H
23/04/2005, 7:27 PM
plays in goal and he's unreal.Noel holland. yee wont get many past him

Wexford youth
25/04/2005, 7:27 PM
ya i heard about him, i heard he is a bit to egar coming off his line, trys to get rough.like into players????? Do you no any other players??

Conor H
25/04/2005, 7:34 PM
who are capable of causing yee trouble would be former utd players jonathon mernagh and ollie keogh.there is quite a few others who are also capable of playing excellent football but i wouldnt no as much about them.

and yes noel will let the opposing players no there in a game

Guitd
25/04/2005, 10:16 PM
all of the above players mentioned play for the oscar traynor junior side the youth league team are u18 and are managed by justin neary from mervue utd.

Wexford youth
26/04/2005, 1:47 PM
who are capable of causing yee trouble would be former utd players jonathon mernagh and ollie keogh.there is quite a few others who are also capable of playing excellent football but i wouldnt no as much about them.

and yes noel will let the opposing players no there in a game
And where do the above players play?