PDA

View Full Version : More Shel$ Thuggery

Pages : [1] 2

pete
19/04/2005, 11:15 PM
I now they had a link with Manchester United but did the United coaches also train them to harass referees (see Shels v Pats on eL weekly). I thought pulling the referees shirt would be at least be a yellow if not a red card.

It hardly matters but there could be no argument about the red card for viiolent conduct.

By condoning this the league are again setting precedent to encourage it again.

Is that 3 or 4 red cards for shel$ already this season (i'm losing count)? all for violent conduct too, no tackles.

If a player gets a longer ban for 2nd & 3rd red card of season does the same happen to the club?

Derek
20/04/2005, 12:04 AM
I would agree, Hawkins head butt was a disgrace and as for the malee that followed several of the Shel's players could/should have been booked at least. Maybe it is the big clubs getting away with murder.

higgins
20/04/2005, 9:33 AM
How on earth is it getting away with it when all 3 players were SENT OFF!! :mad:

They were shown RED CARDS!!

What more do you want?

Shels this season have already had 3 or 4 very bad tackles against them where no RED was shown. I suppose this is shels getting away with it again?

joey B
20/04/2005, 9:36 AM
Is it just me or are Cork fans totally obsessed with knocking Shels at every oppertunity :confused:

Roo69
20/04/2005, 9:37 AM
Is it just me or are Cork fans totally obsessed with knocking Shels at every oppertunity :confused:

Fully agreed

Macy
20/04/2005, 9:40 AM
Come off it, Shels consistently get away with harrassing and abusing refs - it wouldn't be accepted in other leagues but just gets ignored here.

Roo69
20/04/2005, 9:52 AM
Come off it, Shels consistently get away with harrassing and abusing refs - it wouldn't be accepted in other leagues but just gets ignored here.

no i agree with you as well, but most Cork lads take any chance to have a swipe at Shels, actually most fans in the league do, it's only natural seeing as they are champions

Hibs4Ever
20/04/2005, 10:04 AM
I have to say, i never really noticed this "thuggery" much myself. Until last Friday night, the shels players were a fcuking disgrace, what were they trying to prove, that Hawkins done nothing??? MUPPETS :mad:

Roo69
20/04/2005, 10:23 AM
I have to say, i never really noticed this "thuggery" much myself. Until last Friday night, the shels players were a fcuking disgrace, what were they trying to prove, that Hawkins done nothing??? MUPPETS :mad:

What about Caffery on Baker ?

wws
20/04/2005, 10:29 AM
Caffo got the ball cleanly - the problem with baker is he goes down after teh slightest touch but also is a filthy sneak himself

unquestionably baker should have walked for the hawkins protest and both should receive 6 match bans

razor
20/04/2005, 10:42 AM
The Shels players received the appropriate red cards because they deserved them. The problem is the intimidation of the refs in the direct aftermath of these events.
Owen Heary is the only player i have seen anywhere push a ref in the chest with 2 hands and escape without a card. It happened in front of the Shed when Jim O'Neill awarded a late penalty. Jim also failed to note this in his report and was duly relegated. Heary escaped scot free.

Gareth
20/04/2005, 11:01 AM
Hawkins got sent off and justifiable so. Baker protests too much, I as a Shels fan fully agree. The Cork Red was touch and go, but O'Callaghan made sure of it.

Cork City possibly had the worst offender for hassling refs in the history of the world of soccer in Caufield. The man was a 1000 times worse than Baker.

anyway I will let you get back to your rants.

A face
20/04/2005, 11:21 AM
but most Cork lads take any chance to have a swipe at Shels, actually most fans in the league do, it's only natural seeing as they are champions

Ahh .... just cause they are champions that doesn't mean they are infallible ... they are the same as anyone else and the allowances being made for them is wrong.

The should abide by the rules and exercise sportsmanship ... for the good of the game !!

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 11:44 AM
Ahh .... just cause they are champions that doesn't mean they are infallible ... they are the same as anyone else and the allowances being made for them is wrong.

The should abide by the rules and exercise sportsmanship ... for the good of the game !!

Allowances? We've had three ****ing red cards. One of them was a disgrace, where was the outrage thread over O'Callaghans cheating? :confused: I obviously missed that in the wad of "Well done Georgie boy!!" posts.

Gareth
20/04/2005, 12:03 PM
Like Slash\Ed I am confused with what exactly you what. We had a man sent off on each occassion. Obviously your preference would be for the entire team to be sent to the line, but your talk of ref's going easy is rubbish. Utter rubbish, plain and simple.

Roo69
20/04/2005, 12:21 PM
Like Slash\Ed I am confused with what exactly you what. We had a man sent off on each occassion. Obviously your preference would be for the entire team to be sent to the line, but your talk of ref's going easy is rubbish. Utter rubbish, plain and simple.

I would have to agree with you on this on Gareth. 3 Red cards is not getting it easy from Ref's, the 3 of them deserved them and got them. As someone said, people are having a go at Shels for this but what about the likes of O'Callaghans cheating with his Rivaldo type tactics ? No back lash like this for Cork.

EVERY SINGLE team, from Shels and Cork, to Bray and Harps try to pressurise the ref into making decisions.

pete
20/04/2005, 12:22 PM
See Caulfield was a major moaner & yes George O'Callaghan is just as bad.

Simple Questions for shels fans: (Yes/No)
1. Is it aceptable for players to surround the referee complianing about his decision?
2. Is it acceptable for any player to hold the referee or pull his jersey?

A face
20/04/2005, 12:25 PM

Can they plead the fifth ?? :p

Roo69
20/04/2005, 12:26 PM

What i mean is that because are the biggest club in the country, League Champions, best squad, their chairman, links with Man U, most press coverage means that supporters will give them a harder time, just like in the premiership when utd were winning all before them.

When they have not abided by the rules players have been sent off........3 so far this season and i am sure that will rise due to the nature of Shels players. Every player should should practice Sportsmanship as you say, i could'nt agree more with you, but what O'Callaghan did Vs. Shels in the Setanta Cup was far worse (for me) than what Hawkins did on Doyler.

Gareth
20/04/2005, 12:26 PM
1. Is it aceptable for players to surround the referee complianing about his decision?
No, and too many players do it. Shels players dont have premium rights on that one. When any Shels player does it, it annoys me. Likewise any other player. More than likely they get a yellow and I sigh at their utter silliness for getting one.

Red Card I am afraid. Are you leading the witness Pete :).

Now you can have a comeback message with multiple examples of it in the past from shels but give me a video recorder and a tape of every game in a season and I guarentee you it pans out evens amoungst teams. They all do it and its annoying. You point is well takne, shame most have blinkers on when it comes to outside Shels!!

pete
20/04/2005, 12:28 PM

Are you really a shels fan? :confused:

Ollie & Fenlon will have you kicked out the club for bucking the party line now :eek:

Gareth
20/04/2005, 12:38 PM
Pete, its the lack of consistancy implementing the rule across the board that annoys people. Not the rule itself. You sited Heary for pulling the ref's jersey or pushing him How manys have you been to a game of football and a player commits a foul, yellow card. Opposition does the same and they get none. Or vice versa? Most people miss the point cos they are so far biased on their club they fail to have a reasonable point of view on the situation. Rules need to be followed regardless and if you argue that you shouldn't be punished and the rule clearly states you should then your arguement is baseless.

monkey magic
20/04/2005, 12:54 PM
No, and too many players do it. Shels players dont have premium rights on that one. When any Shels player does it, it annoys me. Likewise any other player. More than likely they get a yellow and I sigh at their utter silliness for getting one.

Now you can have a comeback message with multiple examples of it in the past from shels but give me a video recorder and a tape of every game in a season and I guarentee you it pans out evens amoungst teams. They all do it and its annoying. You point is well takne, shame most have blinkers on when it comes to outside Shels!!

spot on. what are the cork lads tryin to prove?? that shels are evil and city walk on water :rolleyes: its not acceptable for any club/ players to behave in this way but its happaning all over and the only reason its being highlighted here is because $hel$ are involved.
stop with the conspiracy theories :mad: :mad:

Bald Student
20/04/2005, 1:02 PM
There are two rules which I think should be experimented with in soccer.

In Rugby, only the team captain is allowed to talk to the referee. Complaining about a refereeing decision is simply not tolerated and results in a 10 yard penalty.
In GAA a third man into a melee can be shown a yellow card. If there's a row between two players no-one else needs to get involved. If only two men are involved the ref can see quite clearly what's happening.

What does anyone else think?

Gareth
20/04/2005, 1:03 PM
Monkey Magic, your right, its a football problem not just a shels one. I am all for every team in the league improving and doing well. Even Cork. Its hard to answer constant allegations because I do love Shels and I will at times come across biased and the moment you do, you have every Shelshater come down on you. :)

Dricky
20/04/2005, 1:07 PM
Hawkins got sent off and justifiable so. Baker protests too much, I as a Shels fan fully agree. The Cork Red was touch and go, but O'Callaghan made sure of it.

Cork City possibly had the worst offender for hassling refs in the history of the world of soccer in Caufield. The man was a 1000 times worse than Baker.

anyway I will let you get back to your rants.

And Skippy, we both have that in common he was giving loads to everyone..

pete
20/04/2005, 1:33 PM
spot on. what are the cork lads tryin to prove?? that shels are evil and city walk on water

Well i think already proven shels are evil. Will need to wait til rainy season to prove city can walk on water.

;)

Reason i started this was because Fenlon said he'd be disappointed if his players didn't harass & shove the referee.

Éanna
20/04/2005, 2:15 PM
Reason i started this was because Fenlon said he'd be disappointed if his players didn't harass & shove the referee.
Thats the main point. Fenlon actually defended the thuggery of the Shels players. I don't like to see ANY team do this kind of thing, but IMO Shels are the worst at it- thats why it keeps coming up

Gareth
20/04/2005, 2:25 PM
Eanna, it keeps coming up cos corkies keep bringing it up. Are you in tolka every second week and travel to the away games for shels?? Fair play if so :).

I think shels rep is slowly but surely being blown massively out of proportion. Just like the way we werre being talked up before the season.

I think Eanna your postings relating to shelbourne can be taken with a pinch of salt as I view your location......

Hibs4Ever
20/04/2005, 2:27 PM
Eanna, it keeps coming up cos corkies keep bringing it up. Are you in tolka every second week and travel to the away games for shels?? Fair play if so :).

I think shels rep is slowly but surely being blown massively out of proportion. Just like the way we werre being talked up before the season.

Are you in Tolka every week? Do shels play at home every week? ;)

Gareth
20/04/2005, 2:29 PM
I edited it immediately as I posted. Post on topic lad, rather than jump to a silly error on my part.

Hibs4Ever
20/04/2005, 2:38 PM
I edited it immediately as I posted. Post on topic lad, rather than jump to a silly error on my part.

No problem LAD

Gareth
20/04/2005, 2:41 PM
Anyways if we could get back to the topic at hand....

As a Cork fan Eanna, do you have a problem with any other teams discipline? Do you feel that Shelbourne get away with what you precieve as thuggery even though we have the number of yellows and reds that we do?

Éanna
20/04/2005, 3:13 PM
Anyways if we could get back to the topic at hand....

As a Cork fan Eanna, do you have a problem with any other teams discipline? Do you feel that Shelbourne get away with what you precieve as thuggery even though we have the number of yellows and reds that we do?
Do I have a problem with other teams? absolutely. There's far too much ****-kicking goes on in this league for my liking.
Do I feel shels get away with it? yes, quite frankly I do. I think Shels put far more pressure on referees than any other club and get no punishment for it- maybe the cards this season are an indication of change, I dunno.

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 4:12 PM
Thats the main point. Fenlon actually defended the thuggery of the Shels players. I don't like to see ANY team do this kind of thing, but IMO Shels are the worst at it- thats why it keeps coming up

Fenlon defended them in public, it's called good management. I douibt he defended them in private given the amount of red cards we've gotten this season.

1no
2no

Quick question for Cork fans: (Yes/no)

1. Is it acceptable to fake injury in a match with the sole intention of getting a man sent off in one of the most pathetic displays since the 2002 world cup?
2. Is it acceptable to bring the game into disrepute by publically and very blatantly accusing opposition teams of cheating when fixture lists don't go your way?

But no, Shels do something bad and we're obviously the only ones who do it.

Here's some stuff you may not know Cork lads for future posts

-Jason Byrne was Hitlers tactical adviser in WW2 and recommended he invade Poland
-Steve Williams was the man on the grassy knoll
-Dave Rogers killed elvis
-Ollie Byrne and Stalin have never been seen in the same room together, coincidence?
-Wesley Hoolahan cancled star trek

and yes, Shelbourne are responsible for all the evil commited in the world ever, EVER, but luckily Cork are here to save the day with their entire team of good and have never commited a sin in their entire (short) existence.

Give me a bleedin' break.

btid1
20/04/2005, 4:18 PM
In fairness I think a lot of what went on after Hawkins red would have been replicated in any team in the country.However I do have to take issue with one of the Shels players and he is fast gaining a reputation for being a little **** who thinks he can do what he likes.His name?Richie Baker!He went steaming into that row and was out to do anyone.You would think after his own red for blatnantly punching a Waterford player he would be trying to keep his head down.

Small man syndrome me thinks!!!!

Bohs Till I Die!

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 4:20 PM
You have a point about Baker alright, no doubt about it. One red card already, could have been sent off against Portadown and running halfway across the pitch to get involved in the incident on friday, he'd want to cop himself on alright.

Troy.McClure
20/04/2005, 4:34 PM

1. Is it acceptable to fake injury in a match with the sole intention of getting a man sent off in one of the most pathetic displays since the 2002 world cup?

I actually think that to a degree, yes it is, although there's nothing worse than when it happens against you. Its part of the modern game (unfortunatly).

2. Is it acceptable to bring the game into disrepute by publically and very blatantly accusing opposition teams of cheating when fixture lists don't go your way?

NEWS FLASH, Pat Dolan was sacked!
:eek:

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 4:38 PM
I actually think that to a degree, yes it is, although there's nothing worse than when it happens against you. Its part of the modern game (unfortunatly).

By that logic what Shels did was exactly the same

NEWS FLASH, Pat Dolan was sacked!
:eek:

Thats true, but I don't remember the high horses of Cork logging on here blasting their then boss at the time, do you?

Shelsman
20/04/2005, 4:49 PM
The Cork Red was touch and go, but O'Callaghan made sure of it.

I think

TOUCH and GO

is the best description of the event yet.

A face
20/04/2005, 5:06 PM

That was nothing to do with the club .... that was me !! :p

The clubs view on it was ..... not known actually, so i cant tell you where they stood. Dolan passed comment at the time in passing but no one on behalf of the club said Shels or anyone was cheating ....... it was all my doing !! ;) :D

pete
20/04/2005, 5:55 PM

2. Is it acceptable to bring the game into disrepute by publically and very blatantly accusing opposition teams of cheating when fixture lists don't go your way?.

1. No, well i would say that H=george exaggerated injury as opposed to faking it completely. i.e. Crawleys head did hit/brush up against him.
2. No

If Alex Ferguson said he would be disappointed his players didn't push the referee more (remember Di canio got 6 month ban for bigger push) he'd be charged with bring game into disrepute.

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 5:56 PM
1. No, well i would say that H=george exaggerated injury as opposed to faking it completely. i.e. Crawleys head did hit/brush up against him.
2. No

If Alex Ferguson said he would be disappointed his players didn't push the referee more (remember Di canio got 6 month ban for bigger push) he'd be charged with bring game into disrepute.

And if Pat Fenlon said that so would he. Lucky he didn't then, eh?

Éanna
20/04/2005, 6:08 PM

1. No it isn't. But then George didn't fake injury, he exaggerated- still wrong though.
2. No. Absolutely not.

Gareth
20/04/2005, 6:10 PM
Group hug? :D

Éanna
20/04/2005, 6:31 PM
Group hug? :D
**** off ya dublin **** with your ****in heroin needles and your stupid smelly west brit ****hole of a city.............................................. ....... ;) :D

Gareth
20/04/2005, 6:52 PM
**** off ya dublin **** with your ****in heroin needles and your stupid smelly west brit ****hole of a city.............................................. ....... ;) :D

More Cork Thuggery :)

TonyD
20/04/2005, 9:30 PM
Here's some stuff you may not know Cork lads for future posts

-Jason Byrne was Hitlers tactical adviser in WW2 and recommended he invade Poland
-Steve Williams was the man on the grassy knoll
-Dave Rogers killed elvis
-Ollie Byrne and Stalin have never been seen in the same room together, coincidence?
-Wesley Hoolahan cancled star trek

and yes, Shelbourne are responsible for all the evil commited in the world ever, EVER, but luckily Cork are here to save the day with their entire team of good and have never commited a sin in their entire (short) existence.

Give me a bleedin' break.

Well, that's certainly cleared up a few things. :D
I think a war crimes tribunal for Tolka is called for. :D :D

A face
20/04/2005, 10:04 PM
I think a war crimes tribunal for Tolka is called for.

I’d have to (reluctantly) agree with you there, it is not my favored option but in the interests of fair play, then so be it !!

Éanna
21/04/2005, 11:13 AM
Well, that's certainly cleared up a few things. :D
I think a war crimes tribunal for Tolka is called for. :D :D
Yeah, it would be nice to see Ollie Byrne in the dock.............................. :D