PDA

View Full Version : New Stand at Richmond Park

Buller
19/04/2005, 8:19 PM
Todays Star...
Pat's await green light
ST PATRICK'S Athletic are close to commencing work on a new 1,300-seater stand at Richmond Park. The Saints are just waiting on documentation from the Government before the builders come on-site to start work.
New Pat's Chief Executive Bernard O'Byrne said: "We're ready to go. We are just waiting on a letter from the Department of Sport saying the grant is ready for release. The builder is ready and it could be a matter of days or weeks but we cant press the green button until we have that."

Anyone have any idea which end it'll be on?! It'll obviously be behind one of the goals seen as it has only 1,300 seats

monkey magic
19/04/2005, 8:30 PM
behind the goals is it not??
think they have hoarding's up already..

Buller
19/04/2005, 8:48 PM
yea, it'll definatly make the ground look much better... good to see another club trying to improve their ground..

pete
19/04/2005, 11:06 PM
How much is this going to cost? Price of complete ground outsdie dublin i suppose? Has this been changed from original plans to smaller capacity?

Dr.Nightdub
20/04/2005, 12:51 AM
Originally-originally, it was gonna be all singin', all dancin', bar, corporate boxes, the lot. Now it's been scaled back, no bar, no corporate bit and any singin' and dancin' will just be done by us.

It was gonna be two tiers, not sure if that's the case any more, 1300 sounds enough for one tier, which is gonna curve around to join up with the end of the existing stand afaik. Don't hold me to that last bit though. Either way, it'll be at the turnstile end, the Shed getting rebuilt is much further down the road though that's been earmarked as the next phase after this one has been built.

Total cost was around €1.2m, we got a €1m grant towards it which hasn't been drawn down yet, though a fair whack of that money is gonna be ate up by the work needed to bring Richmond up to licence-compliance standard.

thejollyrodger
20/04/2005, 8:26 AM
any pictures of the new stand ?

eirebhoy
20/04/2005, 9:29 AM
I've seen all the plans for the refurbishment of Richer - it's not only a new stand. If all goes according to the plans Inchicore will be a model stadium for the eircom League

wws
20/04/2005, 9:35 AM
Either way, it'll be at the turnstile end, the Shed getting rebuilt is much further down the road though that's been earmarked as the next phase after this one has been built.

.......though a fair whack of that money is gonna be ate up by the work needed to bring Richmond up to licence-compliance standard.

thats the shed end work - half of it (the half without the smart telecom hoardings is being pulled down to accommodate the lengthening of the pitch
the new stand will accommodate a few totally basic rooms underneath to fullfill the need to have a stadium contol room/doping area/ toilets etc etc etc etc
disabled toilet facilities i think are earmarked for teh shed end side.....

all notional of course unless the department concludes the negotiaitions in our favour

pete
20/04/2005, 12:01 PM
any pictures of the new stand ?

Err they haven't built them yet. :D

Better to go with basic stand as no need being too ambitious & have half completed stadium. 1.3m seems a lot of a basic stand though.

monkey magic
20/04/2005, 1:03 PM
Better to go with basic stand as no need being too ambitious & have half completed stadium. 1.3m seems a lot of a basic stand though.

ya have to take into account where it is... anything in dublin's gonna cost a helluva lot more plus the fact that there adding on to an existing structure and space is relitively limited

SPXcyan
20/04/2005, 10:15 PM
WOW nice goin!! we need more attractive looking stadiums around ere! Richmond park...is just ok now I guess!! but with a new stand ... yeah just great! :eek:

Buller
20/04/2005, 10:57 PM
If it is connected to the main stand it will look deadly...
http://www.stpatsfc.com/images/stadium_layout.jpg
following the green stuff al the way around the bend at the inchicore end

anto eile
21/04/2005, 2:11 PM
is the corpo not meant to be doing drainage works under the richmond park pitch?meaning the pitch and half the stand will be torn up?i heard that rumor a while back..

Dr.Nightdub
21/04/2005, 8:52 PM
Anto-Eile, DvB has been trying to flog that dead horse to me for about two years now. It's rubbish.

manic da hoop
22/04/2005, 9:33 AM
Anto-Eile, DvB has been trying to flog that dead horse to me for about two years now. It's rubbish.

Surprisingly, given its close proximity to the Camac, the pitch at Richmond Park is quite good and has never been particularly prone to flooding or water-logging - unlike Tolka. That end of the stadium needs to be sorted out asap though. It must be the worsed eyesore in the league, apart from our glorious concrete shell in Tallaght of course :rolleyes:

Roo69
22/04/2005, 10:52 AM
Surprisingly, given its close proximity to the Camac, the pitch at Richmond Park is quite good and has never been particularly prone to flooding or water-logging - unlike Tolka. That end of the stadium needs to be sorted out asap though. It must be the worsed eyesore in the league, apart from our glorious concrete shell in Tallaght of course :rolleyes:

The pitch in Richmond this season is in bits !