PDA

View Full Version : Rio wants 120,000K a week

OwlsFan
19/04/2005, 12:58 PM
Good money if you can get it but surely no defender is worth that sort of money ?

Where does Rio come in the order of top defenders in England ? Is he behind Campbell and Terry and Andy O'Brien :D ?

drinkfeckarse
19/04/2005, 1:05 PM
Seems like he's trying to get Man Utd to get rid of him. There's no way they'll pay him that and he maybe thinks that'll pave the way for his move to Chelsea.

The fans will see through that though.

De Town
19/04/2005, 1:09 PM
Where does Rio come in the order of top defenders in England ? Is he behind Campbell and Terry and Andy O'Brien :D ?
On current form:

Terry
Rio
Campbell (when fit)
Andy O'Brien ;)

Hibs4Ever
19/04/2005, 1:10 PM
From what I hear the fans already want him out. He's cr*p anyway. So over rated. Usuall sh*te of enhlish media hyping up their players

Closed Account 2
19/04/2005, 1:12 PM
Well they say we all have vices, I guess some people have vices which can be expensive habits... Im sure Rio could easily blow that in a week (I mean the £120,000).

tiktok
19/04/2005, 1:18 PM
I don't know, I'm a Man Utd fan and I think Rio is the best defender in the Premiership by a whisker, gets the nod just because Terry has the advantage of Petr Cech behind him, and Rio has to play alongside Brown or Silvestre.

He'll be ruined if he goes to Chelsea, it'll be rio, Lampard and Cole.
They may as well sign up Kieron Dyer too and get into the home movie business.

Spice Boys Mark II

Macy
19/04/2005, 1:24 PM
Let him go to Chelsea. Good player, ruined by his ego...

stojkovic
19/04/2005, 1:27 PM
There's seems to be a shortage of Peruvian marching powder at the moment which has pushed the price up.

Also that Amnesia Clinic isnt cheap.

gspain
19/04/2005, 1:51 PM
On current form:

Terry
Rio
Campbell (when fit)
Andy O'Brien ;)

Yes 2nd - 5th best defenders in the premiership in that order behind Richard Dunne.

Roo69
19/04/2005, 1:55 PM
Yes 2nd - 5th best defenders in the premiership in that order behind Richard Dunne.

:confused: not even in the top 10 defenders in the premiership

OwlsFan
19/04/2005, 2:09 PM
So the Chelsea defence next season will includeAshley Cole, John Terry and Rio Ferdinand. So all they need now is Gary Neville :D

Aldini98
19/04/2005, 2:09 PM
From what I hear the fans already want him out. He's cr*p anyway. So over rated. Usuall sh*te of enhlish media hyping up their players

Totally agree, hes so over-rated. See him against milan? Ball watching cost them at the San Siro. Can't head a ball for sh*t and seems unaware of the meaning of the word LOYAL considering United paid him £70,000 for 8 months for doing nothing because HE was stupid enough not to take a drugs test. Campbell and Terry are way above him. :)

jockser
19/04/2005, 4:12 PM
120,000 a week!!???!!!?? :D :D :D

thats hilarious!!!

OwlsFan
19/04/2005, 4:43 PM
For the "best defender in the world" apparently:

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has urged Rio Ferdinand to put pen to paper on a new contract. The England defender, 26, is stalling over a new deal - amid allegations he has been tapped up by Chelsea.

"The best thing Rio can do is sign his contract and put the matter to bed. He says he wants to sign for the club and he has an opportunity to do just that.

"We have offered him a good deal and hopefully something can be done in the next few days," said Ferguson.

Ferdinand's agent Pini Zahavi has told the Old Trafford outfit to offer his client a deal worthy of "the best defender in the world".

"He loves it in Manchester and wants to stay but it depends on United, not him if it happens," Zahavi told The Sun.

"Rio is the best central defender in the world and deserves to earn at least the same, if not more than the others."

He added: "Rio cannot see himself playing for another club and I can assure everyone that Chelsea is not on the agenda. They already have two fantastic central defenders.

"He is ready to go a long way to make sure he stays at United but everybody has to give a little. It's called negotiation.

"We are focusing on staying at United and we hope very, very much to conclude an agreement in the next couple of weeks. If we let Rio go now then who will we get to replace him?

Docboy
19/04/2005, 5:48 PM
Rio is nowhere near the best in the premiership let alone the world. Terry,Campbell and Carragher in my opinion are streets ahead. Give me an old school, muck & bullets centre-half anyday. Terry would stick his head where Rio wouldn't stick his polished footballing centre-half's boot. Nough said.

SaucyJack
19/04/2005, 7:06 PM
is he at the end of his contract??? think it would be funny if Rio is the only player Chelsea don't seem to go in for and then Rio can't get his 120,000 anywhere.

onenilgameover
19/04/2005, 8:03 PM
I'd like 120,000 too. Actually I'd accept a 100,000 really..not as egotistcal or pushy as Rio. Don't forget times and dates for important things n stuff like so ye never know fingers crossed.

pineapple stu
19/04/2005, 8:27 PM
Good money if you can get it but surely no defender is worth that sort of money ?
In fairness, when the Sunday Times did their most recent Rich List (which is completely made up, but at least it's consistently made up!), David Beckham was the top footballer with a worth of £75m, including Posh Spice's earnings, which would be at least half of that. That put him way down in the 700s or so. Footballers' wages are getting massive alright, but compare them to company executives, musicians, etc., etc., and they actually don't earn that much. It probably sounds more when it's expressed as a weekly wage though.

razor
19/04/2005, 8:52 PM
:eek: Theres a fright.
For a minute there I thought it said Rico wants 120,000 a week.
I was thinking where are we gonna get that kinda money.

Colie
19/04/2005, 8:54 PM
On current form:

Terry
Rio
Campbell (when fit)
Andy O'Brien ;)

Is everyone forgetting Carvallho? He's unreal. Hes up there with Terry & Campbell. I think him & Terry are best, regardless of Czech. Ferdinand is top 5 allright, but just.

RedX
19/04/2005, 9:16 PM
Ferdinand makes me laugh really...United pay the guy unreal money to sit on his ar*e after he got banned for drug taking(i mean missing a test).. :D ...he repays all that loyalty to them by trying to sell himself to the highest bidder behind there backs..the game in England is going to take such a fall someday it will never recover..he must have been innocent for missing that test though..hes definetly not a sneaky sort of guy.. :eek:

FarBeag
19/04/2005, 10:45 PM
He is just a greedy Bas*ard, obviously money is more important to him than the love of the game.

pete
19/04/2005, 11:04 PM
Ferdinand makes me laugh really...United pay the guy unreal money to sit on his ar*e after he got banned for drug taking(i mean missing a test).. :D ...he repays all that loyalty to them by trying to sell himself to the highest bidder behind there backs..the game in England is going to take such a fall someday it will never recover..he must have been innocent for missing that test though..hes definetly not a sneaky sort of guy.. :eek:

Have to agree with that. AFAIK his club paid his wages during his ban? Whats he on 80-90k * 8 months = 2.7m for sitting on his arse?

:eek:

ColinR
20/04/2005, 7:35 AM
those with their anti-man utd comments regarding ferdinands ability - just look at the way the defence played during those eight months he was out. absolute ****e - now second best defence (would be best if you only counted the games from when ferdinand was available).

he is a **** with a massive ego, but he is the best, certainly in the premiership anyway.

Kingdom
20/04/2005, 10:19 PM
After his defending for Everton's goal tonight, he might want to revise what his asking price is , ahem.

pete
21/04/2005, 10:47 AM
After his defending for Everton's goal tonight, he might want to revise what his asking price is , ahem.

Definitely. For 120k a week you'd expect to at least stand next to attacker when defender a set piece.

RedX
21/04/2005, 5:47 PM
Definitely. For 120k a week you'd expect to at least stand next to attacker when defender a set piece.

Its funny listening to the highlights when they said a defensive mistake led to Duncan Fergusons goal..they did not mention Rio Ferdinand and he was the only defender not picking up his man..what a great player he is..really superb.. :D