PDA

View Full Version : o'reilly subtitution/o'neill yellow card

Crambler
18/04/2005, 3:50 PM
someone might be able to clarify the reilly subtitution for me.when reilly left the field with the injury,did henderson consult with him or rush into the change to bring o'shea into the game?judging by reilly,s reaction i think henderson paniced and showed some inexperience in his decision.reilly was raging with henderson and exchanged some choice words with him before storming off to the changing rooms,it looked anything but good.

can someone solve why o 'neill got the yellow card for the challange with the sligo keeper.from my view point it looked a 50/50 ball and if anything i felt the keeper made more of an attempt to play the man which should have resulted in a card for him.

ramblers
18/04/2005, 7:30 PM
From where I was it was the phsio made the desicion to take reily off he was all ready nursing an injury so I think and reading tonights echo they were being catious with him.

We have another big game against Dublin City and maybe it would be better to have him fully fit for that.

As to the Yellow card it is still a mystery how davin got that the ref was consistantly poor i though and a lot of the time slowed the game down instead of letting it flow.

eddieohalloran
18/04/2005, 9:05 PM
It was well known that O'Reilly was carrying an injury into the game and it a would appear that the physio made the decision for the manager. It is a natural reaction for a player to want to carry on but there are a lot of big games coming up and a fit O'Reilly is a big plus for the team.

Davin's yellow card is a bit of a mystery to me as I felt that the goalkeeper elbowed Davin after he headed the ball away. Myself and the guys with me actually thought that the keeper may be sent off and a free given to the Rams on the edge of the box, how wrong we were!!!

Crambler
19/04/2005, 8:36 AM
thanks ,was aware reilly had an injury,even before the game he was doing cross field runs to check his fitness.just felt if he stayed on the pitch and with the form he is in we could have got something out of the game.we know reilly is hot headed but he should have waited to vent his anger at henderson until in the dressing rooms.still it was good experience for o'shea.
yes,ref was very poor,standard is not improving.must agree i assumed keeper was going to get a red card.davin is doing a great job up front and is improving with every game.let,s hope he can avoid injury.
at the start of the season when i looked at the squad,i was not impressed and felt we would struggle all season.i was not happy when henderson was appointed as i felt he would not be up to the job.fairplay to him i have to eat my words as he is doing a fine job with limited resources.i never seen a fitter cobh team and spirit in the side is 100%.they are a match for any team in the div .
it was good to see an improved crowd at the sligo game, let,s hope the team can continue the run and we can get more people into colman,s in the weeks ahead.

compo
20/04/2005, 9:44 PM
Allow a Cork City fan who was behind the goal to comment on the yellow card. I thought it was a 50/50 ball with both players with their eyes only on the ball. The yellow card was unfair. As for the ref; I thought he was ok. He's a lot better than we get at the Cross!!
What was the name of the guy who got yellow?
Also, anyone down there like to give me the lowdown on what's happening down at Colman's? I just launched a Munster soccer mag and need to get good coverage overall.
Compo