PDA

View Full Version : Bray Vs. Waterford

Roo69
18/04/2005, 11:10 AM
Back to the drawing board after our 1st defeat of the season Vs. a very good Longford Town side on Saturday, but i defo feel we can take all 3 points and contuine our good start to the season.

Team Line up ? I reckon Giffy is pushing for a place in the starting line up, did quite well when he came on on Saturday and looked well up for the challange, as did Collie James - great battler !

We also missed Keith Long sitting in front of the back 4, no matter what people say he has done a great job for us there this season protecting and cleaning up. Hopefully in line for a return to the side also.

Eamon to get his 1st goal of the season i reckon.

..........................1. O'Connor......................

2. Gifford........4. Jody.........5. Wes.............8. Pip

..........................3. Longer......................

........11. Dunne.........6. Tresson...............7. Ryaner

.................9. Eamon..........10. Foxy............

Subs from:
O'Reilly
James
Tarzan
McGrory
McGuinness
Grogan
Chopper

Grasshopper 99
18/04/2005, 11:44 AM
"Eamon to get his 1st goal of the season i reckon" sorry Roo but Eamon scored against Pats in the first game of the season. Scored the first goal of a great game.

Roo69
18/04/2005, 11:48 AM
"Eamon to get his 1st goal of the season i reckon" sorry Roo but Eamon scored against Pats in the first game of the season. Scored the first goal of a great game.

so he did ! how could i forget :o

KR's Post
18/04/2005, 12:05 PM
Yep your dead right Roo, we did miss Longer on Saturday and hopefully he will be back for Friday.. How could you forget Eamo's cracking strike against Pats??? :eek: What a goal... McGuiness might push Robbie Dunne for a place. He looks so dissappointed every time he comes off which is natural enough but he wrecks himself running up and down the pitch. Never stops... McGuiness gets much more crosses in aswell.

Roo69
18/04/2005, 12:09 PM
Yep your dead right Roo, we did miss Longer on Saturday and hopefully he will be back for Friday.. How could you forget Eamo's cracking strike against Pats??? :eek: What a goal... McGuiness might push Robbie Dunne for a place. He looks so dissappointed every time he comes off which is natural enough but he wrecks himself running up and down the pitch. Never stops... McGuiness gets much more crosses in aswell.

your dead right as well ! Dunne puts some amount of miles in every match, covers every blade of grass, one of the best work rates from any Bray player i've ever seen. Some long throw on him as well !

De Town
18/04/2005, 12:13 PM
Is Robbie Dunne that girl on your right wing :confused: :D

Schumi
18/04/2005, 12:19 PM
You should have seen him when he had Manu Petit hair. :D

KK77
18/04/2005, 12:21 PM
so he did ! how could i forget :o

How embarrassing for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KR's Post
18/04/2005, 12:23 PM
Some long throw on him as well !
Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Roo69
18/04/2005, 12:26 PM
How embarrassing for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure not to worry Rafa, i can own up 1st time when i'm wrong ;)

KK77
18/04/2005, 12:43 PM
Sure not to worry Rafa, i can own up 1st time when i'm wrong ;)

I am not worrying but good to see your learning!!!!! You reap what you sow ROO69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roo69
18/04/2005, 12:51 PM
I am not worrying but good to see your learning!!!!! You reap what you sow ROO69!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you head to the match on Sat ? What ya think ?

KK77
18/04/2005, 1:05 PM
Did you head to the match on Sat ? What ya think ?

Yeah went down i suppose we can't have any real complaints i thought when we went 1 up it was looking good for us but really just before half time they started to get on top and from then on it was them all the way. I thought Kirby was their best player by far everything happened through him you could see it in the first half bit disappointed that it wasn't picked up on and someone was put on him in the second half as he ran a muck making everything happen for them. Devo brought on Collie James to get some kick into our midfield but really he should have been put man to man on Kirby but i suppose it was too late at that stage. Did you not think he was doing us all the damage. I never thought i would say it but your dead right we missed Keith Long badly we really did. I also thought Eamon should have been left upfront as he was causing their centre halfs problems more so than when he was on the right. Don't like criticising as our start has been super really has just a bit disappointed Kirby wasn't picked up as then i think we would have taken a draw at the least. Think about it if he had have been picked up it would have stopped them in a big way. Did you notice the way he was on the right but seemed to have licence to roam into the middle. I thought Zayed looked our best player on the night.

Roo69
18/04/2005, 1:56 PM
Yeah went down i suppose we can't have any real complaints i thought when we went 1 up it was looking good for us but really just before half time they started to get on top and from then on it was them all the way. I thought Kirby was their best player by far everything happened through him you could see it in the first half bit disappointed that it wasn't picked up on and someone was put on him in the second half as he ran a muck making everything happen for them. Devo brought on Collie James to get some kick into our midfield but really he should have been put man to man on Kirby but i suppose it was too late at that stage. Did you not think he was doing us all the damage. I never thought i would say it but your dead right we missed Keith Long badly we really did. I also thought Eamon should have been left upfront as he was causing their centre halfs problems more so than when he was on the right. Don't like criticising as our start has been super really has just a bit disappointed Kirby wasn't picked up as then i think we would have taken a draw at the least. Think about it if he had have been picked up it would have stopped them in a big way. Did you notice the way he was on the right but seemed to have licence to roam into the middle. I thought Zayed looked our best player on the night.

Yeah Kirby was class alright, he was the one who caused us problems all night long, i reckon if Longer had been playing that he could have done a job on him. Zayed should have stayed up front, was harrasing the Longford defenders very well until moved to the right hand saide of midfield. I thought our best player was Weso, won everything in the air and on the ground. Was'nt to happy with Myler's diving ! He should have been booked one at least one occasion when he was looking for the peno.

We were winning at half time and we were frustrating the hell out of them (Danny O'Connor's challange on Ryaner for example), yeah they were pressuring us quite a lot but maybe we should have left it as it was without switching players/formation etc..... but hindsight is a great thing, we still could have stole a point with Eamo's shot near the end !

If i had of know what you looked like i would have introduced myself :D

De Town
18/04/2005, 1:57 PM
You should have seen him when he had Manu Petit hair. :D
That alice band is enough for me ;) :D

Roo69
18/04/2005, 1:59 PM
That alice band is enough for me ;) :D

Oh he has a lovely head of hair ! :D

De Town
18/04/2005, 2:03 PM
Oh he has a lovely head of hair ! :D
:eek:
Wouldnt like to live in Bray if thats what a lovely head of hair is :D

Roo69
18/04/2005, 2:08 PM
:eek:
Wouldnt like to live in Bray if thats what a lovely head of hair is :D

Sure he could also give Kirby a few strands ! ;)

KR's Post
18/04/2005, 2:11 PM
If i had of know what you looked like i would have introduced myself :D
True.... I only know a couple of Bray fans on this forum..... Make yourselfs known. ;)

De Town
18/04/2005, 3:10 PM
Sure he could also give Kirby a few strands ! ;)
If Kirbs had hair last Saturday night, it might have held him back while he was tearing your defence apart :cool:

Roo69
18/04/2005, 3:20 PM
If Kirbs had hair last Saturday night, it might have held him back while he was tearing your defence apart :cool:

I don't think anything could have stopped him on Saturday night ! he ran the show for you. Absolutey everything came through him. If he had'nt of been playing or was'nt on form Longford would not have won.

De Town
18/04/2005, 3:22 PM
I don't think anything could have stopped him on Saturday night ! he ran the show for you. Absolutey everything came through him. If he had'nt of been playing or was'nt on form Longford would not have won.
Yeah, he was fantastic alright. He has been a little off form recently and was dropped for the Linfield game but he looked like a man who had a point to prove last Saturday.

Roo69
18/04/2005, 3:30 PM
Yeah, he was fantastic alright. He has been a little off form recently and was dropped for the Linfield game but he looked like a man who had a point to prove last Saturday.

I think he proved it !

De Town
18/04/2005, 3:35 PM
I think he proved it !
In a big way :cool:

Grasshopper 99
19/04/2005, 10:53 AM
Keith Long, should be brought in to replace Stephen Fox who i heard had one of his worst ever games for Bray on Saturday night. Keith Long should be brought in to replace Robbie Dunne, even though we will miss his long throws.

Roo69
19/04/2005, 10:57 AM
Keith Long, should be brought in to replace Stephen Fox who i heard had one of his worst ever games for Bray on Saturday night. Keith Long should be brought in to replace Robbie Dunne, even though we will miss his long throws.

There's only 2 Keith Long's, There's only 2 Keith Long's, walking along .................... etc .............. :D

Most of the players had off day's last Saturday. I reckon if he can, Devo will start the same team that did against Drogs, we were extremely strong that night and were very unlucky, as i've said before, Longer infront of the back 4 gives us great cover.

Grasshopper 99
19/04/2005, 11:05 AM
well if it is going to be the same team, well then surely he should have Chopper, McGuinness, Tarzan, Gifford and James all on the bench. So if any substitutions are to be made the team will not be leakened.

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 11:55 AM
There's only 2 Keith Long's, There's only 2 Keith Long's, walking along .................... etc .............. :D

:D :D :D

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 12:25 PM
No it should be, We all dream of a team of Keith Long's, a team of Keith Long's, a team of Keith long's. Number one is Keith Long, Number two is Keith Long Number three is Keith Long, etc :D :D :D

Roo69
20/04/2005, 12:29 PM
No it should be, We all dream of a team of Keith Long's, a team of Keith Long's, a team of Keith long's. Number one is Keith Long, Number two is Keith Long Number three is Keith Long, etc :D :D :D

There ys go Tarzan...........a new song for the shed ! i want to hear it on Friday night :D

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 12:35 PM
Its not just Tarzan who sings in the shed.

Roo69
20/04/2005, 12:49 PM
Its not just Tarzan who sings in the shed.

No thats true, but he is one of the main lads.

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 1:02 PM
True he is one of the main lads but myself and my two brothers do be up there along side him all the time giving it loads. :p

Roo69
20/04/2005, 1:04 PM
True he is one of the main lads but myself and my two brothers do be up there along side him all the time giving it loads. :p

If i knew your face (which i'm sure i do !) I could probably agree with ya !

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 1:06 PM
I think you know who i am, im the flag man. :cool: :cool:

KR's Post
20/04/2005, 1:09 PM
NA we all live in a Bray housing scheme is that tune. Can't have any imatations, sorry!!

Alright S.O.N!!!!! Am i right???

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 1:10 PM
Kill you fat man, well as you can see im back. :) :)

KR's Post
20/04/2005, 1:12 PM
Kill you fat man, well as you can see im back. :) :)
I knew it!!! ;) Well gotta go back to work.. See ya later! :cool:

Grasshopper 99
20/04/2005, 1:14 PM
you dont work, you just play football. Well ill talk to you soon

Roo69
20/04/2005, 1:24 PM

Ah right, i'd know ya so ! Well i think i do, a few of the lads look after the flags

Roo69
21/04/2005, 1:58 PM
Longer backin the squad after missing the trip to Longford. Chopper struggling with a grion strain. McGuinness pushing for a starting place.

On another note - The last time Waterford visited the Carlisle they went away licking their wounds having been beaten 6-0, with Bray recording their best ever win in the League. It happened in October 1998

More (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1)

KR's Post
21/04/2005, 3:04 PM
Longer backin the squad after missing the trip to Longford. Chopper struggling with a grion strain. McGuinness pushing for a starting place.

On another note - The last time Waterford visited the Carlisle they went away licking their wounds having been beaten 6-0, with Bray recording their best ever win in the League. It happened in October 1998

More (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1)
Don Tierney scored one of the best goals ever seen in the carlisle that night!!!! 40 yards out from the touchline...... :eek: What a goal it was! ;)

KK77
21/04/2005, 3:55 PM
Did they not last visit the carlisle in august 03 and knock us out of the fai cup 2-1?????????????? McGuinness gave us the lead i think and good old Ciaran Ryan produced two bloomers to let them take it 2-1 though deservedly so if i remember.

Roo69
21/04/2005, 4:10 PM
Did they not last visit the carlisle in august 03 and knock us out of the fai cup 2-1?????????????? McGuinness gave us the lead i think and good old Ciaran Ryan produced two bloomers to let them take it 2-1 though deservedly so if i remember.

Yeah your right rafa, Think there talking about league matches. McGuinness scored a beauty that night !