PDA

View Full Version : Fas/fai Course!!!!!

manutdmad
17/04/2005, 4:56 PM
Hi i know this might not belong in this forum but does anybody know anything about the fas/fai corse like who participates in these player wise and who does the coaching aspect?Are they of a good level and how do you get on to these courses or are they hard to get on to?If any one knows or participates in these courses I would be very grateful for any information.Thanks

ilovejam
19/04/2005, 5:40 PM
People who work, go to school/college , play professional football are not allowed on this course.. Professional meaning anybody getting money for playing footy, even if its only a part time club.

One is run in Ringsend and one in Cabra.

Players are of mixed quality,,some playing EL and some playing C-Team football for Cantkicksnowoffarope United :D :D

Hope this is helpful to you!

drinkfeckarse
20/04/2005, 8:18 AM
I did the course about 11 years ago :o when it was based at Leixlip. It was run by Jimmy McDermott and Maurice Price at the time and was a very worthwhile experiance. At the time all the EL clubs sent what they considered were their best young prospects to get full time training. Jimmy Crawford (Shels) and Keith Doyle (Bray now I think) was there at the same time as me and it helped me no end.

Don't know how serious the clubs take it these days or how good the standard of player or coaching is though.

Macy
20/04/2005, 9:23 AM
This link (http://www.fas.ie/couframe.htm) will get you to the FÁS course search... Click on Course Category --> Sports/Leisure --> Day/ Evening/ Online Courses --> Day Courses --> Show Courses.... It'll give you the course outline, entry requirements etc.

Roo69
20/04/2005, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=drinkfeckarse]Keith Doyle (Bray now I think) QUOTE]

Shamrock Rovers

Pablo Escobar
20/04/2005, 10:12 AM
Hi i know this might not belong in this forum but does anybody know anything about the fas/fai corse like who participates in these player wise and who does the coaching aspect?Are they of a good level and how do you get on to these courses or are they hard to get on to?If any one knows or participates in these courses I would be very grateful for any information.Thanks
Well the players are quality, there's a guy on it that plays on my team, he's only recently been 'noticed' at the age of 18, but the guys like a cross between Ronaldihno and John O'Flynn!

the 12 th man
20/04/2005, 10:14 AM
. It was run by Jimmy McDermott.

he's still doing the rounds.
he is an excellent coach and cuts through a lot of the bull that's doing the rounds these days.

michael lynam is another coach well worth getting out to talk to your club re best practices etc . :)

drinkfeckarse
20/04/2005, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=drinkfeckarse]Keith Doyle (Bray now I think) QUOTE]

Shamrock Rovers

My apologies, it's Keith Long I was talking about :o :o

raginrover
20/04/2005, 11:55 AM
Theres a soccer acadamy run in sligo also,thats been run for the last 3/4 years.Gavin Dykes is in charge of it.It seems to be quite good,IF you are interested get in touch with the fas center in sligo they should be able to fill you in or give you contact numbers.

soccerhead
22/04/2005, 9:00 AM
The one in Cabra has just finnished. The new one starts in a few weeks. Harry Mc Cue and Gino Brasil run it.

balls
22/04/2005, 8:45 PM
in cork there is a fas course also stiofan naofa run a course in there college