PDA

View Full Version : David Crawley ??

A face
17/04/2005, 3:22 PM
Lads, where in England is David Crawley from ?? Which town ??

Longfordian
17/04/2005, 3:25 PM
He's from Dundalk ;) ..You may be thinking of Rogers who's from Liverpool I think.

A face
17/04/2005, 4:11 PM
He's from Dundalk ;) ..You may be thinking of Rogers who's from Liverpool I think.

No .. the Shels site says he is born in England but doesn't mention the City

Are you sure about that, did he play for Dundalk for a while or something ??

Longfordian
17/04/2005, 4:23 PM
He has the broadest Dundalk accent possible, he's definitely from Dundalk or has lived there most of his life. I remember them winning the cup and Crawley was captain, he was interviewed after the game going on about how much it would mean to the people of Dundalk. Maybe he was born in England but i would always have said he was from Dundalk.

Slash/ED
17/04/2005, 7:00 PM
He's definitely from Dundalk.

Why, are you interested in signing him? Go on, please...

soccerhead
17/04/2005, 8:06 PM
he played for man city as an apprentice

Éanna
17/04/2005, 8:08 PM
He's definitely from Dundalk.

Why, are you interested in signing him? Go on, please...
no thanks. he's shíte! he should have stuck to driving forklifts

Anto McC
17/04/2005, 8:59 PM
Please take him we wont charge,in fact we'll pay you and if not i'll put the money up myself.Does the prospect of him on the left of your defence beside the rock that is Dan Murrey not tempt you.

Éanna
17/04/2005, 9:02 PM
Please take him we wont charge,in fact we'll pay you if not i'll put the money up myself.Does the prospect of him on the left of your defence beside the rock that is Dan Murrey not tempt you.
not a bit! We actually play football, why not try selling him to Saddam Hussein- the americans have taken all his scud-missile launchers, crawley would be a great replacement :D

Longfordian
17/04/2005, 9:05 PM
Didn't Shels pay something like €20,000 for him? He scored free kicks against us two games running last year, the fecker.

Anto McC
17/04/2005, 9:08 PM
not a bit! We actually play football, why not try selling him to Saddam Hussein- the americans have taken all his scud-missile launchers, crawley would be a great replacement :D

We'll give him to saddam hussein but i don't think even the yanks would be stupid enough to him of them.

Slash/ED
17/04/2005, 9:18 PM

:D :D

I think he could be the answer to the budget cuts in the space programme too for that matter.

And yes, we paid money for that clown, and continue to pay him. It defies logic. His frees against Longford were nice though :p

A face
17/04/2005, 10:02 PM
Dundalk it is so yeah !!?! :D

Gareth
17/04/2005, 10:21 PM
As the person who put England up, I have gotten mixed reports on this. Dundlak and England. Maybe he was born in England and returned immediately. I got players to fill in personal details this season and on his the Place of Birth is...blank...the mystery deepens....

:)

higgins
18/04/2005, 9:42 AM
I always thought he was from Dundalk...

Anyway he is not too bad a defender and the long balls he does play are usually fairly decent and find someone (usually Baker). Shels at the moment have some great players and he is probably the weakest on the pitch in some games (apart from Rogers :) ) but for most other teams he would be a great signing.

He is not as bad as people make out.

Slash/ED
18/04/2005, 2:27 PM
He is not as bad as people make out.

No, he's worse!

Aimless long balls are aimless long balls and at no level of professional football are they acceptable, and he's turned them into an art form. Football at the highest level is all about retaining possession and we'll never be capable of doing that with him in the side picking out the corner flag. He is the weak link and he needs shipping.

And he's not even a good defender, any attacker with pace will have him easy and he makes some awful mistakes like against Derry.

The Sheliban
18/04/2005, 7:21 PM
I don't think he plays any more long, aimless balls than Heary or Scouse. To be fair to him, he gets less protection than Heary, who is often helped out by Baker, and is often left exposed. I'm quite happy with him at left back.

Slash/ED
18/04/2005, 7:23 PM
I disagree, do you have the Cork match on tape? There was on incident there that for me summed him up. He had the ball at left back, under no pressure at all. Alan Moore was around 10 yards in front of him, again there were no Cork players around him, he was facing Crawley with his hands out calling for the ball. Crawley passed it to Devine. That's not good enough and he's not good enough if that's all he can offer, Heary or the Scouse would never have done that and he does it all the time.

higgins
20/04/2005, 9:08 AM
Scouse would never do that???? Seen as you used the example of the Cork game go take another look at it and tell me who's aimless pass caused the goal??.... Go take a look at the clip from TV3 where Rogers messed up agian to let Derry in for anther long range effort that hit the post (not to mention his aimless header/jump to gift Pats a goal)... Heary and Scouse are every bit as bad for thumping the ball long. With Crawley he may do it more often but if you worked out the percentage of times all 3 found a man Crawley would win...

Slash/ED
20/04/2005, 11:39 AM
Aimless hoofs flicked on to nobody doesn't count as finding a man. They cal all play it long but nobody does it with the mind numbing consistency int he face of easier options than Crawley.