PDA

View Full Version : The Real Issue Today...

Peadar
24/02/2002, 9:23 PM
Sorry for the awful pun.
Was the fanzine any good.
I assume that the lack of noise behind the Radio 1 commentary team was due to the fact that everyone was so engrossed in the now famous publication ;)

Patsys Fags
24/02/2002, 9:30 PM
Does it really matter now that its official that city are sh**e

Peadar
24/02/2002, 9:44 PM
The fanzine since it's inception has thrived on the failures of the club with various contributions seeking the head of Liam Murphy and the resignation of the board.
What difference does the recent run of bad results make to this?

Can anyone give me a straight answer about the fanzine without spouting crap?
Hopefully Pete was good to his word and picked me up a copy.

Bround
24/02/2002, 9:45 PM
At the Derrynane end today towards the end of the game when City were frantically hoofing balls the linesman actually turned to the crowd and said "terrible isn't it"!!! He did! It's official! You gotta laugh.

Peadar
24/02/2002, 9:49 PM
And that has what exactly to do with my question?

James
24/02/2002, 9:49 PM
Originally posted by Bround
At the Derrynane end today towards the end of the game when City were frantically hoofing balls the linesman actually turned to the crowd and said "terrible isn't it"!!! He did! It's official! You gotta laugh.

priceless bround ..even if made up..class..brought a smile to my face over here..

as for 451 ..hopefully i'll have my copy in the post asap

Peadar
25/02/2002, 1:42 PM
So did anyone buy the fanzine or what?

Will there be one more before the end of the season?

niamh
25/02/2002, 3:14 PM
Fanzine was good. Brought a badly needed smile to a few faces.

dahamsta
25/02/2002, 3:40 PM
The real question is: What colour was it?

adam

razor
25/02/2002, 3:55 PM
Very impressed with the fanzine yesterday,
I didn't think much of it uo to now but yesterdays publication just shows how far you guys have come in a short enough period of time.
It reminded me of NMPP, now theres a compliment.
Well done lads.

goalside
25/02/2002, 7:07 PM
fanzine is too much against murphy. cop on and support the manager and help him win.

James
25/02/2002, 7:10 PM
Originally posted by goalside
. cop on and support the manager and help him win.

i'll gladly loan gunther one of my old shoot annuals if he likes.. he might be able to pick up something from them.. but he;d have to find someone to read it too him cause there aint many pictures and some of the words have more then 2 sylables..

goalside
25/02/2002, 7:13 PM
murphy works in college so he must be bright enough. lay off him for a bit.

Peadar
25/02/2002, 9:02 PM
Originally posted by James
i'll gladly loan gunther one of my old shoot annuals if he likes..

That explains a lot James. If you might get your head out of your comic book football, or should I say "soccer", world and try to grasp the reality of football you might be in a better position to make comments on others.

James
25/02/2002, 9:05 PM
oh ok so Peadar..thats good advice..thanks..

James
25/02/2002, 9:36 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
The real question is: What colour was it?

adam

i am lead to beleive that it was brown.. the colour of schit.. which is how were are playing and being managed at the moment..quite apt IMO

Gary
25/02/2002, 9:39 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Sorry for the awful pun.

Do you not mean the BIG Issue?

Citygirl
25/02/2002, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by James

i am lead to beleive that it was brown.. the colour of schit.. which is how were are playing and being managed at the moment..quite apt IMO

twas grey....

Peadar
25/02/2002, 9:58 PM
Originally posted by Citygirl

twas grey....

Didn't someone tell us before the game that it was going to be grey and give a reason as to why that colour was chosen?

yan
25/02/2002, 10:36 PM
i red recently he has got most of the fai coaching badges

what he needs that he dosent have is man management

Éanna
26/02/2002, 9:55 AM
Originally posted by goalside
murphy works in college so he must be bright enough.
goalside, that is possibly the most ridiculous thing anyone has ever said

Éanna
26/02/2002, 9:58 AM
Originally posted by Peadar
The fanzine since it's inception has thrived on the failures of the club with various contributions seeking the head of Liam Murphy and the resignation of the board.
What difference does the recent run of bad results make to this?

1. I'm supposing that reflects the views of it's contributors, remember they do invite contributions, so anyone can argue the case for murphy too. If there is one...........

2. It makes no difference, although the way murphy is going, it will be next on his list of things to blame- he's used almost everything else.

dahamsta
26/02/2002, 10:42 AM
murphy works in college so he must be bright enough. lay off him for a bit.

My brother works in college too. He's a cleaner.

(Actually, I don't have a brother, but you get the point.)

adam

patsh
26/02/2002, 11:09 AM
murphy works in college so he must be bright enough.
Are you for real, goalside?
You are Liam Murphy, aren't you?
I suppose you are implying that as LM works in a college, he is
a) Intelligent.
b) Educated.
c) Erudite.
This man may be all those things and more, but simply working in a college does not automatically bestow these gifts.
As regards his dealings with Cork City, LM has shown little of the qualities listed above of late............... :)

Which college, btw?

Éanna
26/02/2002, 11:10 AM
spot on oddboy. Plenty of intelligent people who aren't in college and dopes who are!

Troy.McClure
26/02/2002, 11:19 AM
I have to say, the UEFA coaching cert was class, probably the funniest thing in 451 to date! :D

Were there actually any (official) programmes on sale? I was there at 1:40 and couldnt see any. They were hardly sold out, there was feckall at the match! :(

patsh
26/02/2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
I have to say, the UEFA coaching cert was class, probably the funniest thing in 451 to date! :D

Were there actually any (official) programmes on sale? I was there at 1:40 and couldnt see any. They were hardly sold out, there was feckall at the match! :(
Yeah, there were offical programs.
LM, in his "message to the fans" admitted that the league was now beyond us, hoped for a European place, and welcomed back Dermot Keeley....! It had a few interesting items.
451 was excellent...Well done to all concerned.... :p

pete
26/02/2002, 11:24 AM
Yes Peadar got you a copy of the fanzine.

Haven't read all of it yet but best looking one so far & content ain't too shabby either.

Peoplereading the fanzine during the game tells a lot about sundays game i think.....

mouldymurphy
26/02/2002, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by yan
i red recently he has got most of the fai coaching badges

they must be giving them out like blue peter badges :D

goalside
26/02/2002, 10:29 PM
murphy certainly has earned his badge. its easy to criticise. who here has a coaching badge. you are attacking murphy whenever ye can

Éanna
28/02/2002, 2:03 PM
i just got mine in the post yesterday-cheers lads!- and thought it was prob the best issue so far!