PDA

View Full Version : Inter fined and given behind closed door 'ban'...

holidaysong
15/04/2005, 3:38 PM
Inter Milan are fined £130,000 by Uefa and will play their next six European games behind closed doors.

from BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4439545.stm) .

jockser
15/04/2005, 3:42 PM
sounds like a fair enough ban to me

holidaysong
15/04/2005, 3:43 PM
Yeah would have been harsh to ban them outright from the competition next season.

Troy.McClure
15/04/2005, 4:41 PM
They only play 4 behind closed doors, with the other 2 suspended.

Should have been banned IMO, it would have layed down a marker to other clubs and fans. A good chance missed I think. :(

Kerry Blue
15/04/2005, 5:08 PM
They only play 4 behind closed doors, with the other 2 suspended.

Should have been banned IMO, it would have layed down a marker to other clubs and fans. A good chance missed I think. :(
I agree with you. They should have been banned from European competition for next season. It's imperative that UEFA take a strong stand against this sort of crowd trouble (which they haven't IMO) in order to nip this problem in the bud before we end up going back to the bad old days of the eighties.

dcfcsteve
15/04/2005, 5:10 PM

Agreed. It seems that you have to resort to mass slaughter a la Heysel to get lengthy bans and changes to the game.

Whether it be rascism or holliganism, UEFA and FIFA are always far too soft in tackling these ills within the sport.

A line in the sand needs to be drawn, and an example made of the next team that offends after then. Only problem is that UEFA tends to be wary of standing-up to the big clubs, so I wouldn't be surprised if any examples made were only when a small club slipped-up.

mypost
16/04/2005, 1:59 AM
I agree with you. They should have been banned from European competition for next season. It's imperative that UEFA take a strong stand against this sort of crowd trouble (which they haven't IMO) in order to nip this problem in the bud before we end up going back to the bad old days of the eighties.

Only when all Italian clubs are banned from European competitions, will their hooligan problem be tackled, as crowd trouble is widespread among Italian clubs' fans. Until then, neither the Italian FA or UEFA will care about their fans causing crowd trouble on a regular basis.

Troy.McClure
16/04/2005, 2:05 PM
Whether it be rascism or holliganism, UEFA and FIFA are always far too soft in tackling these ills within the sport.

UEFA tackle racisim? :confused: :o :mad:

Nempton
18/04/2005, 4:46 PM
Hypocrisy is one word to describe UEFA and FIFA. While Inter deservedly get punished for what occurred against Milan in the quarter final, Andriy Shevchenko will not be punished for head-butting a player in the same match. Why not? :confused:
So how could we ever imagine that these organisations posess the ability to eradicate hooliganism, racism, drugs etc and treat everyone/club fairly :(

Troy.McClure
18/04/2005, 5:54 PM
Quote from Sepp today about reports that the Italian government is going to crack down on football violence in stadiums

"“Where the things have happened in Italy it is because they do not have any controls at the entry to the stadiums.

“Such a thing would never have been allowed to happen in England or Scotland or Germany, it’s impossible, because when you go into the stadium you are controlled.

“Have you seen what they take through there – even a motor scooter once, it’s incredible.

“It is not possible that the police can stop a match, it is a football event and can only be stopped by the referee or the match commissioner, otherwise you have to have a replay.

Sepp, aka idiot :mad:

Closed Account 2
24/04/2005, 2:00 AM
Some (http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52642705.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E078FF934F248 25C77757C85AE85A779B) of the stuff taken off Inter fans before their home game v Cagliari last weekend. When I was there last September (Inter v Parma) there were plenty of police but no searches, like that at Lazio-Reggina. There a was huge and heavily armed police presence at Roma - Lecce I'd estimate one thousand, plus 2 helicopters, and 4 seperate search-points (mind you it was just after the Roma-Kiev game), and 2 search-points for Bologna-Roma. At Juve-Tel Aviv there was almost no police presence and no searching, mind you there were only 6,000 spectators. I think once they adopt a consistant police searching method they will probably sort out the problems in the ground.

Mind you if the police all looked like this (http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/52641945.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=921361FC78373D1F769294C6EFC3B744A9C30E9B9B11 4CE8) they could search me as many times as they wanted :D

Schumi
25/04/2005, 10:04 AM
Those links don't work cfdh.