You'll Never Walk Alone

KK77
15/04/2005, 3:31 PM
RIP 96

15/4/89

Justice for the 96

Thunderblaster
15/04/2005, 7:41 PM
May all Liverpool fans unite in prayer to the 96 martyrs that gave up their lives through police negligence that was compounded by one of the worst cover ups in judicial history. May the 96 get the justice they deserve. I lit a candle and said a prayer for them like I do every April 15th.

OwlsFan
18/04/2005, 1:04 PM
May all Liverpool fans unite in prayer to the 96 martyrs that gave up their lives through police negligence that was compounded by one of the worst cover ups in judicial history. May the 96 get the justice they deserve. I lit a candle and said a prayer for them like I do every April 15th.

Why do you call them martyrs ? Victims yes but not martyrs.

As in the way of these things, no one went out that morning saying "Let's kill some football fans". The Lepping Road end has been used for years and years without incident. As in all terrible disasters, a set of circumstances conspired to cause the tragedy and the people in charge are unable to cope due to either incompetence or just overwhelmed by the events. However, no one set out to kill those people - they may have acted incorrectly, stupidly but not with an intention to kill anyone.