PDA

View Full Version : Camera Angle

Redzer
15/04/2005, 2:43 PM
It’s been mentioned on the Eircom League forum, but what do you think of the TV3 coverage given to Rovers? Last weekend it said that this was Sligo Rovers biggest crowd of the season. Because the camera is situated in the new stand it only showed a few people in the Jinks Ave side.
I wonder what the chances are for filming on the other side, and showing the new stand full. It would promote a better picture of support in Sligo.

Da Real Rover
15/04/2005, 6:23 PM
ya noticed that aswell, was watching el weekly and could only see a few in ur new stand, maybe they will change it, never know :cool:
Vinny you seemed to have got the wrong end of the stick cause the camera was in the new stand and so there was no way of seeing the new stand.

Red Army
15/04/2005, 6:29 PM
Redzer wouldn't the jinks Ave. stand be to too low? We’d need a cherry pick or something like that behind the stand

Petmuller
15/04/2005, 7:11 PM
Redzer wouldn't the jinks Ave. stand be to too low? We’d need a cherry pick or something like that behind the stand
Spot on Red Army.
There's also the added problem of filming into the setting sun which would be a complete nightmare for the camraman. There's no real solution to it only that as the crowds get bigger (fingers crossed) then the Jinks avenue stand will be full as well.

Red Army
15/04/2005, 7:46 PM
And with summer football the sun setting in the west would also cause problems

Petmuller
15/04/2005, 10:55 PM
RTE were to install a gantry a couple of seasons ago but as always it was only talk. Now that TV3 are showing the games and considering that Rovers have to pay for the coverage I don't suppose then that TV3 will cough up with some help. It shows how football in this country is looked upon when the clubs have to pay to get the airtime on TV. Imagine the clubs in England having to do similar.

Soper
16/04/2005, 4:01 PM
A good proportion of matches in the showgrounds that were on tv in the past(Rovers 3-4 St.Pats) were filmed from the other side of the ground...so I don't know, it is feasable to film it from that side I think.

On a different note, nice to hear they might be/or have replaced the boundary wall.Twas a sight for sore eyes.