PDA

View Full Version : Israel Kick Off Time

stickyjoe
15/04/2005, 1:05 PM
Kick off changed now to 7.30 according to FAI. This is disgraceful when they had previously advertised it as 5.30 especially for those coming from UK etc.

eirebhoy
15/04/2005, 1:12 PM
I'm delighted. I hate 5.30 kickoffs. 7.30 on a Saturday evening is bloody great! We'll certainly witness the best atmosphere at Lansdowne in the best part of 4 years as everyone will have a few drinks down them. Can't wait. :)

Eire06
15/04/2005, 1:13 PM
I'm delighted. I hate 5.30 kickoffs. 7.30 on a Saturday evening is bloody great! We'll certainly witness the best atmosphere at Lansdowne in the best part of 4 years as everyone will have a few drinks down them. Can't wait. :)

Ya I prefer 7.30 cause we can head out on the beer after it :D

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 1:18 PM
Gives me more time to get there from my flight :D , but bit sh!tty chopping and changing though.

Kingdom
15/04/2005, 1:20 PM
Agreed it is a bit of a pi$$ take changing times like that. But I'd be sure its something to do with the Sabbath and the Jews perhaps?

I dunno I talk rubbish half the time anyway.

cullenswood
15/04/2005, 1:28 PM
Ya I prefer 7.30 cause we can head out on the beer after it :D
Can you not head out on the beer if the game starts at 3.30!! :) :D :confused:

eirebhoy
15/04/2005, 1:29 PM
Maybe if they put the match forward there would be a problem but I don't see how putting it back a couple of hours will bother anyone flying over.

BTW - don't underestimate the difference 2 extra hours in the pub will have on the atmosphere!

Shae_B2D
15/04/2005, 2:41 PM
They had to move the game forward - while league games in Israel are played DURING the sabbath as well, international team cannot play during the sabbath, and 5:30 is too early.

Eire06
15/04/2005, 2:45 PM
Can you not head out on the beer if the game starts at 3.30!! :) :D :confused:
No cause would prob head home after it.. since the match is late will prob Stay in Dublin and go on the beer

Junior
15/04/2005, 2:57 PM
Maybe if they put the match forward there would be a problem but I don't see how putting it back a couple of hours will bother anyone flying over.

BTW - don't underestimate the difference 2 extra hours in the pub will have on the atmosphere!

Well they put it back from a normal 3pm to 5:30 at it cost me an extra £90 to change flights for 3 of us + accommodation now.

I spoke to the FAI yesterday and the girl assured me it was definitely 5:30pm before I changed my return flight. This latest change doesn't really affect me as Im now going back to Mcr on Sunday morning however its just another example of the FAI not knowing their bleedin arse from their elbow :mad: :mad:

MariborKev
15/04/2005, 4:47 PM
Suits me

I have an exam in Belfast till 5.30 and at least will get to some of the game now :D

Shae_B2D
15/04/2005, 6:30 PM
They had to move the game forward - while league games in Israel are played DURING the sabbath as well, international team cannot play during the sabbath, and 5:30 is too early.

Correction: it's not because the team can't play - it's because of the broadcast. national team matches are always broadcasted a while after the end of the Sabbath, so it gives time to all the religious people here to finish the prayers and watch the game. 5:30 Ireland time would have been 19:30 our time, which is pretty much when the Sabbath ends, which is too early.

onenilgameover
15/04/2005, 11:52 PM
They really are a pile of jokers behind that green door. Having no concideration for fans makes me madder than mad. Friends engagement party that night. He's over from oz for it. Thought would have plenty of time after the match to get out to it.

slow2anger
17/04/2005, 10:55 AM
They really are a pile of jokers behind that green door. Having no concideration for fans makes me madder than mad. Friends engagement party that night. He's over from oz for it. Thought would have plenty of time after the match to get out to it.

1. don't go to e'ment party
2. go late to e'ment party
3. postpone the e'ment party
4. bring forward the e'ment party
5. cry off sick

plenty of options available - no options available for missing Ireland games:confused:

onenilgameover
17/04/2005, 5:35 PM
1. don't go to e'ment party
2. go late to e'ment party
3. postpone the e'ment party
4. bring forward the e'ment party
5. cry off sick

plenty of options available - no options available for missing Ireland games:confused:

Sure, Won't be missin the match for a party. There's never any question of that. Just the lack of organisation and the lack of time they give people to set things up is pretty poor. Looks like the Party is moved to the Friday now because of the time change. Game Ball!

Superhoops
17/04/2005, 8:00 PM
What about people who had planned to return to UK or wherever after the game on Saturday evening and who had booked up already?

Do we really need 'tanking up' to create an atmosphere?

mypost
18/04/2005, 3:37 AM
For once, the FAI play a home International game on a Saturday at a proper time, which is line with most European countries home games. :)
I hate 3pm Saturday International home games. We don't play NL games on Saturday afternoons so why should we play Saturday International home games then? Take advantage of it, it's the last Saturday International game at home in this qualifying series. The last evening kick-off was against Iran. There was another one against Cyprus, but that only happened because UEFA decided the kick-off time. There's also a better atmosphere at evening games, even though LR's lights will barely be needed at all for the Israel game.

For once, the FAI make a good decision. :eek: :)

gypsydownunder
18/04/2005, 8:28 AM
Well it stuffs up watching the game in Sydney.

5.30 Dublin is 2.30AM here, so now it'll be 4.30AM.
Which only means one thing - paying $25 to watch the game amidst very VERY drunk people slurring inane comments about random things out loud. Worse than the west stand at Lansdowne.

Ah well such is life. If we win, it'll be worth it.
b

eirebhoy
18/04/2005, 11:17 AM
What a silly question, of course we do. :)

Littlest Hobo
18/04/2005, 4:58 PM
What about people who had planned to return to UK or wherever after the game on Saturday evening and who had booked up already?

Gettin the scoops in before a match, calms the auld nerves. Me hands do be doin the shakin stevens before a big game. During the game, when the pintolians are sinking, the buzz kicks in :D Nothin beats roaring at the screen and havin everyone else thinkin you've been let out for the day. :p
I'm a real supporter, coz I sup me porter :p

Junior
18/04/2005, 5:58 PM
What a silly question, of course we do. :)

also adds to the amount of cnuts coming in 15 mins after the game has started, getting up to go for a leak every 15 minutes and probably leaving 15 mins early to beat the rush back to the pub as the hangover is starting to kick in :D

Superhoops
18/04/2005, 8:54 PM
.....The last evening kick-off was against Iran... There was another one against Cyprus.....
Seem to remember that both Iran and Cyprus game (2001) kicked off at 6pm to satisfy TV schedules.

CollegeTillIDie
18/04/2005, 9:02 PM
Agreed it is a bit of a pi$$ take changing times like that. But I'd be sure its something to do with the Sabbath and the Jews perhaps?

I dunno I talk rubbish half the time anyway.

Glensman on this occasion you are 100% correct ! :D

mypost
22/04/2005, 3:51 AM
Seem to remember that both Iran and Cyprus game (2001) kicked off at 6pm to satisfy TV schedules.

The Iran game was probably moved back to 6pm to satisfy Iranian tv, which would have meant a 9,30pm ko over there.

The Cyprus ko time was decided by FIFA. As both teams were at home on the last day, fighting to win the group, they had to step in. Portugal normally play their International games at 9pm, (proper time :)) and we normally ko at 3pm at the weekend (crap time :mad: ), so FIFA had to come up with a compromise ko time for both games, i.e. 6pm, so neither team had an advantage going into the last game in the group. The same will happen again if Ireland, and France have something to play for in the last game in this qualifying series.