PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Issues

Gareth
15/04/2005, 11:16 AM
Do you think its proper order for a moderator to remove your thread just because they have a massive chip on their shoulder about your club, when all you are doing is informing rival fans of live updates for a game?

Thread in Question is in Rubbish called Shels vs Pats and it was the Mod who started the off topic comments. Mod being wws!

dahamsta
15/04/2005, 11:19 AM
I think you're both wrong. He shouldn't have acted more, uh, moderately (sorry); and you should have asked a mod before posting it. So wws, please don't do that again. Gareth, please don't do that again. Shake hands. Right.

adam

Gareth
15/04/2005, 11:22 AM
Do you have to ask permission to post in a thread moderated, because I didn't realise. Considering I doubt I will get fair hearing from wws on this, can I post about the updates available in the Section? The reality is wws has a personal issue with Shelbourne website and as a result I think cant be fair in his moderation towards us. Apart from my last post, Icontinually stressed I was just informing Pats fans of a service they may find helpful!!

Sorry dahamsta for any extra silliness on my part!

dahamsta
15/04/2005, 11:33 AM
It's "not on" to go into another club's forum, and strictly speaking it's "not on" to post an "advert"* on the site. It's bad netiquette, bad form, however it's tolerated to a degree if people handle it diplomatically, i.e. ask as a courtesy, and don't abuse it.

In your case you can either try to patch up your disagreement with wws or, as a last resort, contact a supermod (they're listed as Directors on the Forum Leaders page) or me. Bear that "last resort" thing in mind. I'm busy. I'd prefer you tried to settle your differences with wws first.

adam

* Please don't argue the definition of advertising with me, I've had the discussion a 100 times.

Gareth
15/04/2005, 11:36 AM
To be honest dahamsta I mod a forum myself and these things are annoying. I apologise for wasting your time. I have no problem confining it to the Shels section but I have informed Derry and UCD areas before with no issue so I assumed it was no problem. I doubt wws would ever be interested in sorting out any problems. I think he really dislikes us!

Sorry again! Lesson learnt!

wws
15/04/2005, 12:13 PM
I posted up that link back on the pats board

I've no issue with the shels site (being banned i never get to view it!)

apart from the fact that its advertising - it is ALREADY posted on the shels section - needless duplication alone merited a move to rubbish????

either way its restored

dahamsta
15/04/2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks wws. Gareth, with all due respect, you don't mod Foot.ie, which is a whole different kettle of fish altogether. TBH I'm not interested in interpersonal and interclub rivalries, they bore me and occasionally p*ss me off because they hurt Foot.ie. Posting on Foot.ie is about common sense, and you should have known that if there's an issue between yourself and wws, there was a risk of this happening. I'd appreciate it if you'd /both/ think a little before acting in future.

adam

Gareth
15/04/2005, 1:17 PM
I didnt notice he mod'ed the board and well I have involvement in more than Shels so I could grasp somewhat your difficulties mod'ing Foot.ie!! Anyways who cares. wws , your welcome to post on shels site, I didnt ban you! If you broke the rules however you would be banned. Just like I broke foot rules and was rubbished! :)

dahamsta
15/04/2005, 1:35 PM
The banning seems to be a point of contention, perhaps looking into that might help things along...

adam