PDA

View Full Version : Shels vs Pats

Gareth
15/04/2005, 8:08 AM
For those not able to get to the game, we have live updates available on the Shelbourne site. http://www.shelbournefc.ie Go to the main page and click on the live updates on the mini matchzone area!!

Enjoy!

Gareth
16/04/2005, 3:25 PM
Match report on the game: http://www.shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=33

Player Stats to date: http://www.shelbournefc.ie/league.php

Gerrit
17/04/2005, 3:55 PM
I think it was our best game so far. We improved every week since Waterford. Against Pats we created the chances, we played good football, and the Shels fans were vocally very present. Overall, the only thing we can complain about is the unnecessary red card. The referee lost control more in the second half. Oh yeah, we could have scored more, a ball against the crossbar is bad luck, and how Jayo got that one ball over the goal instead of in it is beyond my understanding - but it was already 3-1 so he's forgiven :)

higgins
18/04/2005, 9:38 AM
Yeah i think everyone should have a look at TV3 tonight and see Jayos miss...

Miss of the season Id say... He really needs to get scoring again :(

Roo69
19/04/2005, 9:58 AM
Yeah i think everyone should have a look at TV3 tonight and see Jayos miss...

Miss of the season Id say... He really needs to get scoring again :(

Saw it on TV3 last night, Wes H had a GREAT game ! pass for Byrnes goal was sheer magic ! But what were the Shels players at when Hawks got sent off ? Totally ott reaction to a CLEAR sending off !

Éanna
19/04/2005, 10:00 AM
But what were the Shels players at when Hawks got sent off ? Totally ott reaction to a CLEAR sending off !
what would you expect from shels? Every time a decision goes against them, they try to hassle, bully and intimidate referees. They've been at it for years. If the ref had any balls at all, he'd have shown a few more cards over that incident, and then Fenlon gos on tv to defend his thugs :rolleyes:

Roo69
19/04/2005, 10:06 AM
what would you expect from shels? Every time a decision goes against them, they try to hassle, bully and intimidate referees. They've been at it for years. If the ref had any balls at all, he'd have shown a few more cards over that incident, and then Fenlon gos on tv to defend his thugs :rolleyes:

Every team does that thou, but the way they ALL tried to get at Doyler was so funny ! I would'nt mind but Hawks could have went off earlier for an off the ball on Doyler. What was Caffery's tackle like ? heard it was a red card offence as well

Éanna
19/04/2005, 10:07 AM
Every team does that thou,
not to the extent shels do, and not as often.

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 10:16 AM
Every team does that thou, but the way they ALL tried to get at Doyler was so funny ! I would'nt mind but Hawks could have went off earlier for an off the ball on Doyler. What was Caffery's tackle like ? heard it was a red card offence as well
Did you go to tolka Roo??? How'd Robbie play, didn't really have any chances from what TV3 showed.. He really does know how to wind players up though and Hawkins fully deserved his Red Card.... :mad: Fair play to him for walking away to. Could have got nasty. Robbie ain't the biggest but it was Funny seeing Richie Baker looking up into his face having a go at him... MIDGET!!

Roo69
19/04/2005, 10:19 AM
Did you go to tolka Roo??? How'd Robbie play, didn't really have any chances from what TV3 showed.. He really does know how to wind players up though and Hawkins fully deserved his Red Card.... :mad: Fair play to him for walking away to. Could have got nasty. Robbie ain't the biggest but it was Funny seeing Richie Baker looking up into his face having a go at him... MIDGET!!

Nah i did'nt head into it, just from what i saw on TV3 last night, from reading reports it sounds like he played ok thou - ran his usual 28 miles per game :D put the shels defence under pressure etc.... Yeah was funny to see Baker having ago, he must have forgot his tackle against Waterford that got him sent off :D

Hibs4Ever
19/04/2005, 10:26 AM
Hawkins sending off was clear. No doubts about it. The reaction of the Shels players was cr*p. But moreso the reaction of Heary, a disgrace, supposed to be a team captain :rolleyes:

KR's Post
19/04/2005, 10:27 AM
ran his usual 28 miles per game :D Yeah was funny to see Baker having ago, he must have forgot his tackle against Waterford that got him sent off :D
35 miles!!! And then 5 in the warm down.... ;) Terrible challenge that was by Baker. Shels are getting a Bad reputation, if not already have it. :mad:

Gerrit
20/04/2005, 7:50 PM
Other teams getting jealous ?? Cork frustration ? :D

The only important thing is...

I KNOW, YOU KNOW, WE KNOW, THAT WE'RE GONNA WIN THREE IN A ROW !!!

:ball: :ball: :ball:

Gerrit
20/04/2005, 8:32 PM
And yeah, Richie lost temper almost at the end, true. The ref didn't have much control left on the game and there was some frustration on both sides. But on the other hand, great game from him, there was a huge difference compared with the one game he missed at Derry where we lacked his presence.