PDA

View Full Version : City at full strength for Limerick test

Ringo
15/04/2005, 7:07 AM
City at full strength for Limerick test

DUBLIN CITY FC travel to Hogan Park Limerick tomorrow night in search of their first away win of the season. The Vikings remain undefeated and are two points off the pace after five series of matches and will look to consolidate their presence against Limerick who are four points adrift of City in the table and three off the bottom.

Cobh Ramblers and Sligo have set the pace in what has been an impressive opening spell for the Bit O'Red and the men from St Colman's Park but City will look to extend that unbeaten run when the two sides meet Friday evening (7.45pm K.O.).

City put four past Galway United at Richmond Park last Sunday as Dermot Keely's charges finally began to find a rhythm to their game with skipper Trevor Vaughan (2), Robbie Collins and Philly Gorman all getting off the mark for the season.

Three points in Limerick would confirm the Vikings as serious challengers for the title this season, but with a dogged Limerick performance in the Showgrounds earning them a point and former Fairview Rangers striker Robbie Kelleher beginning to find a rich vein of form, the Vikings will have their credentials tested to the limit by the Munstermen.

Keely has a clean bill of health with no suspensions going into the match and he also sees the return of Pat Deans who was suffering from back spasms and Derek Griffin added to the travelling squad.

Griffin is short of match practice after his lengthy absence, but he will add another bit of steely resolve to the Dublin side's defence, once he gets his match fitness in place.

Michael Holt has been impressive in the Vikings shirt this season and that was recognised when he received the Supporters Player of the Month Award prior to the Galway game. And he continued that fine form down the left channel with some clever play and a set up for Vaughan's neat near post flick as City went two-up.

"It's been a decent start," said manager Dermot Keely. "I'd have liked to have kept a clean sheet against Galway but you'd take that result any time. We can still improve and we'll look to do that against Limerick. They'll give us a match but I'd like to keep the unbeaten run going and I believe we can do that."