View Full Version : "Bird Flies Drogheda Coop"

jofyisgod
14/04/2005, 5:28 PM
"Drogheda United and Tony Bird have parted company by mutual agreement.

Since joining from St Patrick’s Athletic eight months ago, the 30-year-old Welshman had started just four games at United Park after falling out with manager Paul Doolin.

It is believed that Bird is keen to return to Wales. "

www.eecho.ie

Finally, the inevitable has happened. Farewell Tony, it's been great( :eek: ) having you! Please, recall your favourite Bird memories here!...

A face
14/04/2005, 5:55 PM
the 30-year-old Welshman had started just four games at United Park

Only four games, i bet he's gutted ... he must be as sick as a parrot !! :eek:

Partizan
14/04/2005, 6:08 PM
His wings are clipped now. :p

Anto McC
14/04/2005, 6:14 PM
Only four games, i bet he's gutted ... he must be as sick as a parrot !! :eek:

Ha Ha spot on there
Actually would have thought he'd be perfect for Bray Wanderers(Hope i don't have to explain the connection) and thought he would have headed south last winter,anyway he's never been anything to crow about. :D :D :D

pete
14/04/2005, 10:27 PM
Looks like Drogs as having money problems sooner than expected?

If Fabio gets injured no one left to score the goals now.

A face
14/04/2005, 11:01 PM
Looks like Drogs as having money problems sooner than expected?

If Fabio gets injured no one left to score the goals now.

I've searched and i searched but i still cant see the pun ... helps us out here Pete !! :eek:

:p

Cosmo
15/04/2005, 8:15 AM
'Looks like Drogs as having money problems sooner than expected?

If Fabio gets injured no one left to score the goals now.'

100% bo**ox!!! - drogs are having no financial problems at the moment - dont you worry bird is sure to have gotten a nice pay off to get the feck out of drogheda.

He did nothing for us - was never interested - fabio getting injured would be a disaster for us alright (but bird never really played for us so we werent going to be relying on him anyway if fabio got injured so why bring it up on a bird thread?!!)

pete
15/04/2005, 8:52 AM
100% bo**ox!!! - drogs are having no financial problems at the moment - dont you worry bird is sure to have gotten a nice pay off to get the feck out of drogheda.

He did nothing for us - was never interested - fabio getting injured would be a disaster for us alright (but bird never really played for us so we werent going to be relying on him anyway if fabio got injured so why bring it up on a bird thread?!!)

Only winding ya up. Too easy ;)

patsh
15/04/2005, 9:46 AM
'Looks like Drogs as having money problems sooner than expected?

If Fabio gets injured no one left to score the goals now.'

Me thinks the lady protesteth too much!
Drogs, having to cull their squad already? Hmmm, there could be trouble ahead..

Roo69
15/04/2005, 10:02 AM
Me thinks the lady protesteth too much!
Drogs, having to cull their squad already? Hmmm, there could be trouble ahead..

In fairness, what is the point in paying a player top wages why he does not play, and does not see eye to eye what so ever with the manager. He was never going to play for drogs again so why bother keeping him at the club. Correct decision by Drogs.

patsh
15/04/2005, 10:08 AM
In fairness, what is the point in paying a player top wages why he does not play, and does not see eye to eye what so ever with the manager. He was never going to play for drogs again so why bother keeping him at the club. Correct decision by Drogs.
:rolleyes:
I'm only getting the "Drogheda goes bust" stories in early.......;)

Cosmo
15/04/2005, 10:26 AM
Ah im usually pretty easy to wind up (especially when im very hungover ;) !!)

Roo69
15/04/2005, 10:26 AM
:rolleyes:
I'm only getting the "Drogheda goes bust" stories in early.......;)

lol........ you heard it here 1st from patsh...........Drogs to go bust :D

Drogman.
15/04/2005, 12:42 PM
Ah im usually pretty easy to wind up (especially when im very hungover ;) !!)

Yeah which is every f**king day. Your some man!!!

WindmillWarrior
15/04/2005, 12:50 PM
What happened to all the puns? They were quite emusing! They made me owl with laughter!! Anyway lads don't worry about the Drogs - we are still raven-ously hungry for success!!!

blobbyblob
15/04/2005, 4:13 PM
Id say hes **** a hoop

blobbyblob
15/04/2005, 4:14 PM
Ah lads, since when did a male chicken become a dirty word

Troy.McClure
15/04/2005, 4:39 PM
When did c0ck become a bad word?!? :eek: Live a sheltered life do you blobby? :o

Cosmo
16/04/2005, 10:53 AM
'Drogs are on a wing and a prayer .'

Go on, please explain :rolleyes: