PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will Murphy Last??

Citymark
24/02/2002, 5:15 PM
After the terrible run of games and results that we have being having, how long do people think Murphy will last as manager?

Due to where I live I haven't been at too many City games since the new year, but the fact that we haven't scored at home since 30th December, we've lost 3 in a row (one of those was 1st devision strugglers Limerick), makes me think that it is time Murphy hangs up his boots.

To be honest he is trying his best but he just does not seem to be good enough for EL management.
Hoofing doesn't work anymore. Commentry on radio 1 reinforced this concept.

We have 5 league games left. Do you think he should go now or should the board wait until the end of the season?

I think he should go now.

Casegrande
24/02/2002, 5:22 PM
Of course he should go, but the way I see it there's a lot more wrong with Cork City FC than just Liam Murphy. The Board are a useless shower, they after all are the ones who hired Liam Murphy and fired Derek Mountfield. Even if Murphy goes I gaurantee the replacement will be another 'wan a da lads', probably Back-stabbing Johnny C.

We are in serious trouble now. Going nowhere fast. The real question should be 'How long will Cork City FC last?'

Gary
24/02/2002, 6:08 PM
Well he has to go, but I agree with Cas, that it'll be only one a da bys taking over so whats the point. On the other hand, Jonny C may well turn out to be a good manager. God knows he cant be any worse than the currnet tosser.

goalside
24/02/2002, 8:09 PM
murphy signed a new contract a few weeks ago. he will sort thngs out if he gets time. thats all he needs