PDA

View Full Version : Home to Israel

Sligo Hornet
14/04/2005, 1:51 PM
I am a new "postie" and am looking ( albeit probably unlikely ) for five tickets for the match against Israel.I am taking four members of my family to Dublin for the weekend ( we live in Watford ) praying that we might be lucky to watch from the stands rather than just enjoying the atmosphere in the pub.

Can anyone help?

stojkovic
14/04/2005, 1:55 PM
Your best bet would be to apply to the FAI as an Israeli supporter living in England.
It may be the only chance of getting a ticket.

Green Tribe
14/04/2005, 9:38 PM
I am also looking for a ticket, so if anyone takes pity on me, please PM me, cheers!!!! Don't think my name sounds Israeli enough to try that trick :D Any of the israelis know of how many will come, will they fill their allocation? I wouldn't think so..... :confused:

onenilgameover
14/04/2005, 9:53 PM
It may be that they do not fill their allocation because it will cost quite a bit to get over here. However there is a chance that people will try to get those tickets from the Israeli Fa and try to sell them on. I'm on the block booking waiting list and hope that they don't sell out in israel because the tickets should come back to us. But I doubt it somehow.....

Green Tribe
14/04/2005, 10:09 PM
It may be that they do not fill their allocation because it will cost quite a bit to get over here. However there is a chance that people will try to get those tickets from the Israeli Fa and try to sell them on. I'm on the block booking waiting list and hope that they don't sell out in israel because the tickets should come back to us. But I doubt it somehow.....

Yeah, so you're looking for tickets too, I was looking at the Israeli football website, the English language section is very limited and just blabs on about the history etc, i was hoping there would be some access to info about buying a ticket through them, but nothing. The Hebrew website is much more detailed, any Hebrew speakers willing to check if we can buy online through website like you can do on the French website(at least it is easier to read!! :D )

cheers!!

gspain
15/04/2005, 8:43 AM
The visiting football associaition will get the visitors allocation.
Normally the embassy in Dublin of the visiting nation handles requests for tickets for away fans. I know colleagues have used this to get tickets in the past. A Turkish colleague got 17 tickets for the playoff in 1999 but normally they'll limit it to 2 or 4 for families etc.

If going this route best to get a real citizen.

Sligo Hornet
15/04/2005, 9:29 AM
Thanks.......do you know anyone with an Israeli half-brother or sister who could 'phone the embassy for me!!

Shae_B2D
15/04/2005, 10:11 AM

I'm dying to go, but I can't see a way I can afford the flight from Israel to Dublin.

However, I can find out details about our allocation and if it's getting sold, etc.

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 1:10 PM
right . . . if you are really desperate . . and I mean REALLY desperate . . . you can get tickets for this from a company in London . . . you will pay well over the odds but they are definitely available because I'm struggling with my conscience/finances about this.
I'm not going to name the firm because I know it will cause hassle here, but a quick search on google will find them.
If you're desperate to see the match, it's like everything else in life . . . money talks!

Aye, TP, i know who u mean, i saw the price they were charging, i can't afford it. They can shove it :D Maybe if i had the money.......Will try other options
cheers

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 1:10 PM
I'm dying to go, but I can't see a way I can afford the flight from Israel to Dublin.

However, I can find out details about our allocation and if it's getting sold, etc.

Great, thanks, would help a lot. :D

gspain
15/04/2005, 1:21 PM
right . . . if you are really desperate . . and I mean REALLY desperate . . . you can get tickets for this from a company in London . . . you will pay well over the odds but they are definitely available because I'm struggling with my conscience/finances about this.
I'm not going to name the firm because I know it will cause hassle here, but a quick search on google will find them.
If you're desperate to see the match, it's like everything else in life . . . money talks!

Hope it is not Euroteam go back and read this board circa Oct 2003.

Remember these guys don't have tickets. they sell tickets and then try and buy them for less than they've sold them. If they can't they give you your money back (if you are lucky).

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 1:26 PM
Hope it is not Euroteam go back and read this board circa Oct 2003.

Remember these guys don't have tickets. they sell tickets and then try and buy them for less than they've sold them. If they can't they give you your money back (if you are lucky).

Nope was not them.

Shae_B2D
15/04/2005, 2:40 PM
BTW, I just checked the info on the Hebrew website of the Israeli Football Association. Nothing there yet about the game. Searched also some Israeli football forums, no info about that either. On sunday I have a meeting at my newspaper, so I can check from there with the reporter that covers that.

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 9:08 PM
BTW, I just checked the info on the Hebrew website of the Israeli Football Association. Nothing there yet about the game. Searched also some Israeli football forums, no info about that either. On sunday I have a meeting at my newspaper, so I can check from there with the reporter that covers that.

Thank you so much Shae_B2D, much appreciated. :D

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 9:12 PM
Nope, it's a different lot and I know for a fact they can get tickets to ANYTHING. I know someone who paid £140 a ticket for Wales v Ireland in the rugby. (Face value £35).
Shocking really, but people are so desperate for tickets. I think I would resort to this if I needed WC or Euro tickets for Ireland and had exhausted all other morally correct avenues.

the one i found on the net was selling tickets between £100-£125 + £28 vat
too much for me

Junior
15/04/2005, 9:54 PM
the one i found on the net was selling tickets between £100-£125 + £28 vat
too much for me

+vat !!!!! cheeky bassa's :mad: :mad:

Green Tribe
15/04/2005, 9:59 PM
+vat !!!!! cheeky bassa's :mad: :mad:

i know, nearly choked when i noticed the 28 quid vat, the dirty rats!! :D

Sligo Hornet
22/04/2005, 6:32 AM
As my chances of getting tickets for the Israel game are almost non-existant( I'm not paying those "legalised robbers" £125 each ) and my family are staying in Temple Bar for that week-end, can anyone advise the best pubs to watch the game in?

Chucky
22/04/2005, 3:50 PM
Fitzsimons generally get a decent crowd for games, usually end up there if I'm watching a game in town. Get in early to get a decent spot though!

NeilMcD
22/04/2005, 4:23 PM
If its a nice day one of the pubs near the ground would be a good spot and you never knwo you might get a ticket too there will be a good atmosphere so maybe slatterys etc I watched 15 mins of a rugby game there and it was great craic before and during the game, then myticket arrived to i went into the ground.

Green Tribe
22/04/2005, 6:16 PM
If its a nice day one of the pubs near the ground would be a good spot and you never knwo you might get a ticket too there will be a good atmosphere so maybe slatterys etc I watched 15 mins of a rugby game there and it was great craic before and during the game, then myticket arrived to i went into the ground.

Think I'll be sniffing round a few pubs looking for a ticket :o :D

Gerrit
22/04/2005, 6:31 PM
I don't know if there will be any other Israeli fans in the Temple Bar pubs... Frasiers (the Celtic pub) alongst O'Connell Street may be a good option as well.

Is the game sold out yet or so ? I must be living on Mars or so, I thought ticketsales were still about to start :eek:

I will just walk around the stadium then and try to buy a second hard card. I got in for free vs the Faroes, got in for 10 euro vs Croatia, and got in for 12 euro vs China. But as this is a highly important WC qualifier, I don't count on that again, I'm prepared to pay 30 or 40 euro or so, not higher. Irish section or Israeli section doesn't matter, as a Belgian I can probably claim a ticket for both as I'm not "in one of the involved camps" ?

Reddladd
23/04/2005, 3:36 PM
Watched a couple of games during world cup 2002 in Oliver St. John Gogarty's in Temple Bar. Great atmosphere and they have about 4 t.v.'s around the pub so you get a decent view even though the screens are a bit small. Kitty Oshea's near Lansdowne is pretty good too. Plenty of room, big screen and a number of other tv's plus you'll have the crowd before and after the match. In fairness though most pubs close to Lansdowne have a decent set up with tv screens.