PDA

View Full Version : Programme profile on Aertel...

pineapple stu
13/04/2005, 12:28 PM
From Mark O'Neil Cummins' column...

"UCD have put together a stylish, slick publication with tables, results and line-outs from previous games.

Also included is information on the visiting team - something that many clubs fail to feature regularly..."

I can only assume that's last year's programme he's talking about - seeing as info on the visitors is one of the things expressly dropped this season!

Schumi
13/04/2005, 12:31 PM
No, I'd say he means this year. He's talking about the piece by the Dorgheda fan I assume. It's quite funny, I wonder is he being sarcastic?

pineapple stu
13/04/2005, 12:35 PM
What about the results and line-outs from previous games...?

Had forgotten that random Drogheda piece - 50% of the content and I forget it! :o :)

CollegeTillIDie
14/04/2005, 10:33 PM
I read the Drogheda Program and cannot remember a damn thing about it

Schumi
15/04/2005, 10:18 AM
You didn't forget much though!

Roo69
15/04/2005, 10:40 AM
I read the Drogheda Program and cannot remember a damn thing about it

Drogs programme is the best by far ! superb layout and good content as well. Cork's is very over rated imo. They had a double issue for the matches Vs. Bray/Shels - the only mention of bray was our team list, nothing else what so ever about the league or Bray, was all about the Satenta Cup match with Shels, shocking and very disrespectful towards us.

Schumi
15/04/2005, 11:01 AM
Drogs programme is the best by far ! superb layout and good content as well.
Just to clarify, he's talking about the UCD programme for the game against Drogheda.

Éanna
15/04/2005, 11:37 AM
Drogs programme is the best by far ! superb layout and good content as well. Cork's is very over rated imo. They had a double issue for the matches Vs. Bray/Shels - the only mention of bray was our team list, nothing else what so ever about the league or Bray, was all about the Satenta Cup match with Shels, shocking and very disrespectful towards us.
It was already explained that this was due to a mix-up and shouldn't have happened. That aside, I'm sure you'd agree it was very good- it is the best in the country: FACT!

BobtheDrog
15/04/2005, 2:59 PM
it is the best in the country: FACT!

how can you say that without reading all the rest of the programmes, that strikes me as being truly ignorant, admittedly cork have won the award the last few years but that does not mean this will always be the case alot of clubs have improved their programmes this year. anyone who has read the drogs programme will agree they have done a superb job and that it is better than the previous cork ones. just on a side not was funny to see that bray had included pat devlins article welcoming ucd instead of drogheda. gave us something to sing about for a while, are we ucd in disguise(considering how many players we've signed from you there cud be some truth to this)

Roo69
15/04/2005, 3:06 PM
It was already explained that this was due to a mix-up and shouldn't have happened. That aside, I'm sure you'd agree it was very good- it is the best in the country: FACT!

Sorry but i don't buy that for one minute. How can ANYONE forget to put in the information about the team you are playing !!!!!!! But yes, it does look good.

From my own point of view, i just prefer the Drogs programme, think the content is better and the layout and size is as well (think it's actually called b@stard size ?)

Cosmo
15/04/2005, 3:09 PM
Spot on Roo69, the drogs programme is tops and is better than last seasons cork one (havent seen this years one yet so cant judge on this season yet).

As for ucd's programme - it would give our programme from last season a run for one of the worst in the league :rolleyes:

The Donie Forde
15/04/2005, 3:11 PM
Sorry but i don't buy that for one minute. How can ANYONE forget to put in the information about the team you are playing !!!!!!! But yes, it does look good.

From my own point of view, i just prefer the Drogs programme, think the content is better and the layout and size is as well (think it's actually called b@stard size ?)

I had promised myself never to post here again, but I'll make an exception in this case for you, Roo69. I suggest you contact BWFC General Manager Jack O'Neill and ask him for a clarification of the matter. I'm not getting into the ins and outs of it here. I'll just finish by saying you are not fully informed on the omission of Bray material from the City programme.

Donie

Schumi
15/04/2005, 3:17 PM
just on a side not was funny to see that bray had included pat devlins article welcoming ucd instead of drogheda. gave us something to sing about for a while, are we ucd in disguise(considering how many players we've signed from you there cud be some truth to this)
Very good :D

Poor Student
15/04/2005, 6:17 PM
Hmmmm, I'm just on my way over the the ground now, I guess I'll see what has changed so drastically with it.

Poor Student
15/04/2005, 9:19 PM
Uh huh I get it now. At least mine has a Paul McGrath autograph on it. :D

pineapple stu
16/04/2005, 12:16 AM
As for UCD's programme - it would give our programme from last season a run for one of the worst in the league :rolleyes:
:p

Hmmmm, I'm just on my way over the the ground now, I guess I'll see what has changed so drastically with it.

Uh huh I get it now. At least mine has a Paul McGrath autograph on it. :D
:p :p

So you missed out on Mick McCarthy?!

Poor Student
16/04/2005, 7:50 PM
:p

:p :p

So you missed out on Mick McCarthy?!

I had no idea where he was. It was just a coincidence I got McGrath. Two seats to the left of me was a big crowd of about 5. 3 of them went away when half time came and all of a sudden I notice Paul McGrath was sitting a few seats to my left. :D Must say he was a gent. Polite with everyone including myself when signing autographs. He was clearly anitmated in the fashion that he wanted Waterford to win. Does he actually still work for them? It's good to see him up and around anyway, looked fairly alright.

pineapple stu
16/04/2005, 8:00 PM
Does he actually still work for them?
Apparently not. But seeing he lives down the way in Bray, he probably came along to keep tabs, I suppose.

McCarthy was behind the goal at the Wall End for the first half. Didn't see him in the second - probably off to Sunderland to get the money together for a bid for Tony Mac! He was also in the Irish Times today.

CollegeTillIDie
16/04/2005, 11:10 PM
McCarthy was behind the goal at the Wall End for the first half. Didn't see him in the second - probably off to Sunderland to get the money together for a bid for Tony Mac! He was also in the Irish Times today.

Photographed on the dugout side of the ground methinks ! :ball:

Schumi
18/04/2005, 11:56 AM
McGrath was playing in some charity game that was on Setanta on Saturday, don't know if that has anything to do with him being at the game.

Cav
18/04/2005, 6:02 PM
McCarthy was down around the home dugout before the game and then he went up to the tea room.